PDA

View Full Version : Out of the closet… TO MOM!!!!!

EveMarie
11-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey folks, if you have seen my last post: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120447
then you are familiar with my dilemma.

OH HAPPY DAY!, she knew, (mom's do you know)

Mom was the most understanding, supportive, and helpful "shoulder" I could have ever thought to confide in.

The way things work is beyond our control, and destiny is truly a speculative science at best. I feel a move to Florida is in order. mom (75 years young now) doesn't want to be alone, and I have nothing here up north (except my job) to keep me here.

I can't express to you enough how elated and free I feel at the moment! The light at the end of the tunnel has changed from 15watt to a 75watt and I can even actually see the end of the tunnel.

sherri52
11-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Congrats Evie. The weight has just shifted from your shoulder to the floor

DiannaRose
11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Eve, I am so happy for you! This is a tremendous and wonderful (re)start for you. Your mom is truly a blessing...and so are you! :)

Vicki-Z
11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Fantastic!!! I'm really happy for you.

Vicki :cheer:

Kathi Lake
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Holy wow and yay and stuff!!!

That's wonderful, Evie! I'm sure you were both near tears. I know I would have been.

Kathi

Missy Tanya
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Too Cool. I should borrow some of your courage. My mom is 72 years young and a shop-a-holic. Tanya would have soo much fun, If I only could. But I am sure my mother has no idea. I've been able to pull the wool over her eye's since I was 3 years old. Funny thing is that was the last time I passed. Tanya

Holly
11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Evie, that's great news. I'm glad things worked out well for you. You are yet another example of the power of love in action.

Miranda09
11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Good for you Eve...moms are always the greatest, and know you the best. Look forward to seeing some new pics. :)

Christina Horton
11-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Congrats Hun. I "came out" back in93 and it was only this year my mom came to be ok with it. I wrote all about it too. First my 20 th high school reaunion and then she not only is ok with, but we have gone shopping and dinner too. I get so happy for the girls it happens to and now your one of us , welcome to our side of the fence.... Wow the grass IS greener here . Humm go figger.

Mary Morgan
11-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Eve, it sounds as though a new and wonderful life may be in store for you. Your mother is terrific, but you know that.

harmony
11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
evie!!!i am so glad for you with things working out so well!!
and i am sad to see a close by sister leave-i had plans chasing your harley with my bmw next spring!!
anyway-be well my sweat!

Leanne.cd.uk
11-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Good on you. my mom was the only person to ever know the truth about my dressing - she died 10yrs ago so now apart from my sisters who knew i dressed at an early age due to them being the ones to dress me no one to confide in apart from on here.

Again well done and things are now on the up 4 u

SherriePall
11-30-2009, 01:13 PM
That's wonderful that your mom was so accepting! Good for you.

Spacey
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
That is so awesome! You make me wonder if my mom knows. I'll bet she does. Very happy for you. Wonderful plans. Go for it!

MarcieBflo
11-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I am really glad for you . . . but am jealous . . . . lol

MichelleT
11-30-2009, 06:19 PM
That is wonderful Eve.

Your story is inspiring and makes me misty eyed.

Josie Verci
11-30-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm glad you could do that. I won't be able to do that for a long time to come.

Michelle123
11-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh Evemarie. That is so wonderful.
Your situation is so similar to mine. My mom is also in her early 70's, and I came out to her last yr. Just returned from another visit with her and it was wonderful.
Funny thing...She also told me she has always known, and I too figured she did, but we just never discussed it too much. We both agreed that we wish we had done this many yrs. ago. I told her I wished I could have dressed way back when I was a teen living with her, and she said that she wishes that too, but at least we have now....
I think it would be a good move for you to go and be with her since there is really nothing keeping you where you are. Well, except for your job. I guess that could be a big obstacle to overcome, but I wish you the best.

VeronicaV
11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats Evie! I'm glad it's off your shoulders now! Your story is encouraging. I'm in a similar situation myself currently, but that won't last for long :-).

susancheerleader
11-30-2009, 08:57 PM
My mom will/ would go absolutely insane if I came out to her.
All I remember from her is how pissed off she was that I kept taking my sister clothes when I was younger. With this in mind, if she knew I dressed she would loose it. It doesn't matter I am old enough to make my own decisions.
I was at a family gathering, where someone was wearing a really nice skirt. I (not so jokingly) commented on it, saying I would like one too. My mother gave the "evil eye."

From that point on.... I know my mother would never accept my cross dressing.

HOWEVER: I have a younger sister that (probably) doesn't mind.
She caught me in a skirt, asked if I was wearing a skirt, I said yes. She then said she doesn't car if guys wear girls clothes....

But a few months later I had my picture taken wearing a skirt (an advert, for where I was working) and that sister wasn't too happy..... so who knows. (I guess most of her friends were like what the f**k?)

None the less, I am in the closet.

BUT... I am very sure my neighbors have seem me outside in a skirt or otherwise..... I always ran inside but I am sure I was busted. Still, none of my neighbors said anything not treat me any different.

PetiteDuality
11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Congratulations!!! I bet that's great and liberating!!!

And it's fair... after all, you probably started using her clothes :heehee:

Joannne
12-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Evie,

I admire your courage and am so glad it worked out the way it did.

BLUE ORCHID
12-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Eve
Thanks for sharing such a heart warming story about your mom and you.
.................................................. ....................thanks again .....Orchid

Claire Cook
12-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi Evie,

That is so wonderful -- thanks for sharing. I wish my mom would have had that attititude -- or that I had told her about me. She knew for years -- I was always getting into her closet -- but neither of us could bring ourselves to talk about it. She always wanted a daughter, maybe she would have accepted me.

Many happy days to you both!