PDA

View Full Version : Officially Kimberly Marie Kelly

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
My Name change court hearing went well and now I'm official. I am so happy right now, once I have the official court records my company will change my company records. But I'm official!!!!!!! :battingeyelashes::):) Kimberly

StaceyJane
11-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's wonderful news.

MJ
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
congratulations Kimberly :love:

Jenny Chen
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Congratulations! :hugs:

Kaitlyn Michele
11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Congrats Kim

I was a bit down today in the rain, but your post made me smile!!:daydreaming:

Faith_G
11-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Congratulations! :)

~Emma D~
11-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Congratulations, must be wonderful a feeling:)

luvSophia
11-30-2009, 05:42 PM
:D Yippee!!! Congratulations Kimberly.

laurab323
11-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Congratulations Kimberly! :)

CharleneT
11-30-2009, 06:46 PM
WOW -- Congrats to YEW !!

:Party2:

Sharon
11-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Kimberly Marie Kelly -- it sounds especially nice now. Congratulations, Kimberly! :)

Eileen
11-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Congratulations Kimberly Marie Kelly. I know how excited you are!

Eileen

sherri52
11-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Congrats Kimberly. Hope you enjoy your new long awaited life:love:

joanlynn28
11-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Congratulations Ms. Kimberly Marie Kelly:hugs:

Joan Merrie
11-30-2009, 08:00 PM
YEA Kimmy. I got mine next week. I hope the judge says ok.:hugs::love:

jenna_woods
11-30-2009, 08:04 PM
congrations Kimberly that's something I wish to do some day.

AllieSF
11-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Congratulations Miss Kimberly Marie Kelly. I know how important it must be for you. I have a TS friend who just got her name changed officially and she was super happy about it. One more milestone on the road to being who you are.

Barbara Dugan
11-30-2009, 11:58 PM
beautiful name and its official:thumbup:

pamela_a
12-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Congratulations Kimberly Marie Kelly. That's a big step. I'm so very happy for you. :love::hugs:

Suzy Harrison
12-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Congratulations Kimberly - it's like being born again isn' it?

Next you'll start seeing that name on your drivers licence and credit cards - a wonderful event.

:hugs: Suzy

GypsyKaren
12-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Very cool indeed!

Tomara
12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Congratulations !

It must feel wonderful to have your name change official.:cheer:

Tomara

Veronica_Jean
12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Congratulations Kim!!

very very cool!!

Veronica

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Was to work today and felt so great to have my co-workers, my friends call me Kimberly or Kim. Some people slipped up and called me Mike but corrected themselves quickly. The one who made the most mistakes was me, kept answering the phone and out of habit responding with my previous name 'Mike Kelly'. People kept reminding me to use Kimberly.

I will say it was really a wonderful feeling to be me, I finally feel like me. Plus I have received some very nice responses to an email that I sent out to fellow employee's as well as outside vendors about my name change.

Here is the letter I sent to everyone I work with:

My friends and fellow associates,

I suppose that many of you have noticed the gradual changes in my appearance over the past couple of years. There is a reason for this, and the intent of this message is to present an explanation.

For most of my life, I have presented myself as a male. I’ve never been fully comfortable in this role, but felt that, considering my physical appearance, this would at least make my life less complicated. Until several years ago, it had. But the time came when I realized that I was not only unhappy, but that I was not being true to myself or to my children. This concerned me to the extent that I sought professional help.

This resulted in a diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder, or simply, GID. It is extremely difficult for me to try to explain exactly what this is or what may be the cause of it, but perhaps the best explanation would be to think of “sex” as one’s physical appearance, and “gender” as one’s feeling of ‘self’. In most people these two correspond. In some, these do not and the resulting discomfort has been known to lead to severe alcohol and/or drug abuse, psychological illnesses, behavioral difficulties, and even suicide. I've been fortunate this has not been the case for me.

Although this explanation appears to be very simple on the surface, it is extremely complicated and does not have a clearly understood cause. It is also fairly rare. As a medically recognized condition it does have an established treatment program. I am currently receiving this treatment. The result of this will be what appears to be a ‘change’ in my gender role. To me, however, this is a correction to my life-long feeling of my true gender.

On December 1st of this year, I will cease my role as ‘Michael’ and I will be ‘Kimberly’. As of that date my name will have been legally changed to ‘Kimberly Marie Kelly’. All company records including my telephone number, address, email address, etc will be adjusted to reflect this change.

I know that this message will come as quite a surprise to some of you, but please do not let this be a problem within our company. This is a private and deeply personal issue for me and as such, I urge each of you to make the distinction between personal issues and the professionalism required in our work environment. It is my desire to continue to interact with each of you as effectively as we have in the past.

In closing, I would like to say that I have never been as happy in my life as I am at this time. Please do not hesitate to speak with me directly with any questions that you might have concerning this. I am quite comfortable with all of this and I will answer your questions as truthfully and as sincerely as possible.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Marie Kelly formerly Michael Kelly

As Shania Twain said once in a song "Man, I feel like a Woman"

Kimberly Marie :battingeyelashes:

Staciej
12-01-2009, 11:59 PM
So great to hear Kim I now when I change mine to Stacie leagely it's going to be like a whole new life. Im sure you are fealling that way yourself and congratz.

Kayla Shadows
12-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Wow,congrats :D Awesome news

MaryAnn40c
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Way to go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy for you.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Here is the actual court order. Interesting thing is the court order on the last line states " by which name she shall hereafter be known for all purposes."
I'm wondering if I might use this to get my license gender marker changed? What do my friends think, should I try? Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Faith_G
12-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Yes, that is the document you need to change your license in PA. Go to the local PennDOT photo center with a copy of the court order. They will give you the form you need to fill out and you'll get your license changed that day.

Can you tell I've been doing research? :heehee:

Carole Cross
12-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Congrats Kimberly. :hugs:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Got issued a new Drivers license with my picture and my new name Kimberly Marie Kelly. Unfortunately till I have surgery they won't change the gender marker, but still it's my name now..So happy. Also got my checking & Savings accounts changed over today as well. The person at the bank, Stefanie was so nice to me and congratulating me on my name change. If all people were like her, transitioning would be the most pleasant experience ever. Still is anyway's, to be yourself and to be identified as you is a great feeling.. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Empress Lainie
12-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Congratulations Kimberly, I remember how great it felt to be legally Lainie and in my case luckily legally female.

But some security people still won't let me use the ladies room.