PDA

View Full Version : A Vision for the Unities (2010 – 2019)

GaleWarning
12-01-2009, 03:08 AM
The last decade (2000 – 2009) has been termed the noughties. I propose that the next decade be known as the unities (2010 – 2019). And, in the spirit of unity, oneness, I propose that we throw away the labels which separate us, one from another, causing dissent and strife.

Right now, we agonize over terminology such as CD, TV, TS, hetero, gay, bi … and try to categorize both ourselves and each other into little boxes of definitive accuracy, thinking that in so doing, we will better be able to understand both ourselves and each other; hoping that greater understanding will lead to greater tolerance and acceptance of one another, and believing that this will, in turn, lead to us being able to lead more peaceful, meaningful lives. It hasn’t happened. It will not happen.

Can you imagine if we were all to embrace our samenesses … we are born, we all experience joy and pain, we all die … and to celebrate the fact that we are all simply people? The clothes we wear would no longer define us; gender blending would be the ultimate human bond. I propose that we proclaim ourselves all to be (insert a new term here, which you might care to suggest is appropriate), a single people seeking only the best for the whole of humanity.

Would it not be wonderful if, in ten years from now, we could look back and say, “Yes! We have entered a period of unprecedented personal freedom, peace, joy, hope and love”?

docrobbysherry
12-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Why worry about such things? When the Mayan calendar says the world will END in 2012!?:brolleyes:

Lorileah
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
We could call ourselves the "units"...oh wait that 's a label. Um...sha la la la live for today?

Great ideal Clayfish. A vision that few will ever see or attempt to see. But you know I will never accept some people, I mean really, can we accept the partial dressers? OR the "party girls" like me can never be one with the "I want to blend with the women at Wal-mart". There is the green one who doesn't like the blue one for being such a rich one who will not help he poor one and so on and so on and shoobee doo be doo be.

Other than that I am on board:hugs:

stacy-marie hanna
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Why worry about such things? When the Mayan calendar says the world will END in 2012!?:brolleyes:

and yet the mayans didnt see the spanish coming

stacy-marie

GaleWarning
12-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm beginning to see why my vicar said to me, just last week, "Dream on, CF."
:daydreaming:

So I guess we could call ourselves the "soloists".
:)

Lorileah
12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
and yet the mayans didnt see the spanish coming

stacy-marie

They did, they saw them as returning gods who were forecast to come at that time. They had no fear of what the gods might do so were unable to mount a defense in time. It was the start of the 9 hells for them (as predicted).

So let's put Clayfish's post into the context of the 2012 prophecy. It does not say the world will end but really says it is the end time. Why could it not mean that what Clayfish sees may be true. A beginning of time when people get together and live as one. Putting aside differences.

Persephone
12-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Would it not be wonderful if, in ten years from now, we could look back and say, “Yes! We have entered a period of unprecedented personal freedom, peace, joy, hope and love”?

I'm totally onboard, Clayfish. THe whole process of dividing us by gender, sexual orientation, race, class, you name it, is entirely a political process.

On the one hand, it enables people to form "groups" in the hopes that they will get more than "the other guy," almost always more than they deserve, from that "fountain of good things," the government.

On the politician's side these arbitrary dividers create manipulatable groups that they can use for their own purposes, playing one group off against the other.

I prefer to see each individual as unique, and that has to be the real definition of "diversity."

sterling12
12-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Well, no one knows what The Future will bring, but I believe I can offer some hope.

Within my local TG Community, people of all lifestyles and persuasions are beginning to realize how foolish it is for us to "label" and separate ourselves from others. NOT EVERYBODY of course, but a significant number around here in Florida are starting to get The Idea.

I have attended dinners, and meetings where ALL of The Participants would normally be labeled from "Different Groups." Surprise, Surprise, we got along, started talking, and realized how much we share in common. We are now beginning to make friendships and organizing.

Next Big Step, is for a working relationship with ALL in The LGBT Community. We don't understand one another....yet, but we are going at The Process with open minds; and when you do that, good things happen!

Perhaps it's a spontaneous movement in other places. Maybe there are other pockets of diversity that are beginning to emerge. "Man, that's a very cool idea!" You have done a very good thing, you got people thinking about it.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Frédérique
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
I propose that we proclaim ourselves all to be (insert a new term here, which you might care to suggest is appropriate), a single people seeking only the best for the whole of humanity.

I would propose “Dreamers” as a name for us all – I think all the enlightened beings of human history would agree and nod in approval at our sudden, unifying revelation. In reality, I don’t think humans are ready (are not evolved enough) to agree on anything. The first steps are being taken along these lines, but it’ll take more than ten years – I don’t expect to encounter such a vision for the common good in what’s left of my time on Earth...

One reason why I think Star Trek strikes such an optimistic chord with people is because this “good” view of the future is fleshed out somewhat. Humans are still humans, and deadly force is still employed to deal with certain situations, but we are at least using communication as a first step towards resolving problems. The idea for this TV show came out of that brief period of idealism and free-thinking in the 60’s, a counterpoint to the myriad problems of the time. What happened to that idealism? It seems that whenever forward progress (in a humanistic sense) is moving along, power, corruption and lies derail it for profit and personal gain. There’s only so much stuff to go around, and everybody’s grabbing for their share, fair or not...
I’m doing my thing by not being greedy – grab my hand in friendship instead, and we’ll move inexorably forward towards the light of human reason…:hugs:

sherri52
12-01-2009, 02:52 PM
You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay but you don't have to call me late for supper. Personnally I don't care what people call me. It would be great if we could get some form of unity but don't take away the male or female aspect. I don't think in the future a man could put on a unisex uniform and get the same effect he has today and the same for a ftm. I want my dresses and makeup, if you get to systematic we won't have them. Lets keep the male and female attributes and discard all of the others:clap:

Roberta Marie
12-01-2009, 10:25 PM
It's not the labels that are the problem, it's how we use them. Labels, like any tool, can be used in a positive way or in a harmful way.

There's nothing wrong with diversity. We can learn so much from our differences, and enjoy and celbrate those differences.

Unity does not mean uniformity.