PDA

View Full Version : Partial dressers, I don't understand u!

docrobbysherry
12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
SORRY, TAM! Partial CROSSDRESSERS!

When I dress up, I wish to appear to be a woman. If ONLY to myself, in my mirror!:brolleyes: I can't pass, so I have no intention of going out dressed! But, I understand TGs desire to go out, even if they only pass occasionally!:thumbsup:

But, I don't understand partial dressers! U throw on a skirt, maybe a blouse, and out u go! No makeup, no wig, no bra or forms, no attempt to appear to be female. :eek: Why?

I understand that it's quick and easy. That U may not wish to take the 3+ hours preparing, that it takes me for most every CD session. But, r u really happy with your look? I respect your rite to dress as u like, but I just don't GET IT!?:straightface:

Tamara Croft
12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Uhm, since when do clothes maketh the woman? I NEVER wear a dress or a skirt, so what does that make me? I hardly wear makeup either... you're stereotyping people.. not good imho.

Rachel05
12-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I like to dress in what makes me feel good, there is no plan or system behind it, I love to underdress for instance it makes me feel good inside and no one but me knows because I do it for me and to make me feel nice. Then other times I go for full dress, stockings, heels nice underwear and ilove that too because that makes me feel very good - each to his own is my view, what makes you happy

Michelle 51
12-01-2009, 11:46 AM
I can dress casual and feel very feminine.I don't have to spend a huge amount of time dressing all the way.A lot of times i don't even wear my forms or makeup.A nice skirt.pantyhose'top etc with earrings and just lounge around the house.Same as just a nightie and panties and go to bed.I feel very femme.I guess its more of what you're trying to imulate when you dress as to what works for each of us.

Ps I do dress all the way on occasion and love it

ikatrina
12-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I can dress casual and feel very feminine.I don't have to spend a huge amount of time dressing all the way.A lot of times i don't even wear my forms or makeup.A nice skirt.pantyhose'top etc with earrings and just lounge around the house.Same as just a nightie and panties and go to bed.I feel very femme.I guess its more of what you're trying to imulate when you dress as to what works for each of us.

Ps I do dress all the way on occasion and love it

I feel the same as above.

In between the couple of times a week that I fully primp I don't mind just throwing on a simple skirt, bra and casual shirt ...maybe a few hair clips. I even have a set of pink cotton PJ's and fuzzy slippers that I lounge around in watching TV sometimes.....it makes me feel just as girly 'cause that's what 98.5% of the woman in the world dress like! Heck, my wife and I do Yoga together while I'm dressed in a simple black/pink girly workout outfit (don't forget the sports bra).....not exactly three hours to get ready but I love it just the same.

AllieSummers
12-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Tamara,

I don't think you can compare a woman that is "underdressed" with a guy that dresses up in partial clothing. No matter how hard you try you are still going to be a woman. :)

I know that I wore women's clothing for years without wigs and makeup but that was just because I didn't have anywhere to keep all that stuff. I would buy a few little things, wear them for a day or two, then throw them out.

Once I started collecting things and had my full arsenal of wigs, makeup, jewelry, clothes, lingerie and shoes I would almost never partially dress.

I do wear panties and have my toe nails painted right now as I sit here in my office in a nice men's suit but it really isn't by choice.

I think most people that wear women's clothing out in public as a "guy" are either doing to because they have a clothing fetish or they are into shocking people. If most were honest they would agree. :)

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with either one of those things. Different strokes for different folks. But I certainly would never do it myself because for me it isn't a fetish or about shock value. I want to be who I am on the inside. That is really everything feminine.

Kisses,

Allie

Lorileah
12-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Sherry, you know I luv ya, but some people don't want to be girls. Some are nothing more than guys who like the look feel and comfort of some fabrics ( I stole that from the cotton industry but what are they going to do make me wear silk?).

I have varying degrees. Most of time, just like a real live GG I don't want to have to put on all that makeup or put on the foundation garment or the hose or the wig....but slipping into a nice skirt/blouse combo or a house dress (Ok ok sometimes even a party dress....geez you caught me) is all I need...well that and a good stiff drink (minds out of the gutters kids). OMG I am becoming a girl! My mind just went into, "I don't want to wear all that just to make you happy for a few minutes and then you are off to watch the ball game or with the boys. I just want to be comfortable. That OK with you?":hmph::cry: "I'm going home to mother."

kellyanne
12-01-2009, 12:17 PM

When I dress up, I wish to appear to be a woman. If ONLY to myself, in my mirror!:brolleyes: I can't pass, so I have no intention of going out dressed! But, I understand TGs desire to go out, even if they only pass occasionally!:thumbsup:

But, I don't understand partial dressers! U throw on a skirt, maybe a blouse, and out u go! No makeup, no wig, no bra or forms, no attempt to appear to be female. :eek: Why?

I understand that it's quick and easy. That U may not wish to take the 3+ hours preparing, that it takes me for most every CD session. But, r u really happy with your look? I respect your rite to dress as u like, but I just don't GET IT!?:straightface:

I dress as a full woman,shaved,made up,breast forms etc etc and have done so almost every day for 20 years but at a very early,early stage wearing panties was the full extent of my transvestism.

I continued to evolve to a full blown CD - these folks are just remain at a lower TG threshold / energy - valence point that panties etc satisfies . Some would call this a fetish and not transvestism on a linear scale but Venne diagrams are in vogue to describe psychological traits, ie: we all lie in the circle but there are infinite places within it to find ourseves.

I think these models in 3D best express the range of human conditions in this area.

I also find it odd if a hairy - chubby man wants to wear pantyhose but only he feels what he does and I take him at his word if he says : " I don't know why - it's just the way I am".

KatGRL774
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I think I understand where the Doc is coming from. I don't think you apply to the scenario.. you look great without all that stuff. It takes us quite a bit of effort to even get close to looking as female as you - and most of us fail miserably. So, the question is to CD's.. and I totally understand why - because the site of a person dressed halfway, to me.. is a bit off. Sorry, just personal opinion.

Uhm, since when do clothes maketh the woman? I NEVER wear a dress or a skirt, so what does that make me? I hardly wear makeup either... you're stereotyping people.. not good imho.

Karren H
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Well I don't understand a lot of things (like wearing masks for one) but that doesn't mean they are wrong or bad or unpleasent... Just means that I'm ignorant....

SuzyZahn
12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
We are all different,,,,its what makes the world so interesting!!

shorty82
12-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Some of us just like wearing women's clothing without trying to pass as a woman. Today I went out for the first time in a skirt and heels (I've worn heels out before but no skirt). I was definitely a guy in a skirt and heels. En femme from the waist down, man from the waist up.

At this point in time I don't have a desire to go out as a woman, even if I had the ability to do so (I only own a few skirts, some heels, panties, and stockings. No blouses or dresses at this time.)

Part of me would like to do so one day but that day is not today. That day will have to wait until I can afford to get some forms, ladies tops, a wig, that sorta thing.

Right now I'm happy with wearing a skirt out. It's also partly a way to test the waters one could say. No comments (positive nor, thankfully, negative) about my skirt and heels today so I know I can do it again sometime. The world didn't stop spinning so it'll be okay.

EDIT: Partial dressing can also be a stepping stone. No way could I have dressed fully en femme and gone out today, the nervousness would have killed me. A skirt is a good start though IMO. A way to start working my way up the en femme ladder.

geoff352
12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Some of us just like wearing women's clothing without trying to pass as a woman. Today I went out for the first time in a skirt and heels (I've worn heels out before but no skirt). I was definitely a guy in a skirt and heels. En femme from the waist down, man from the waist up.

At this point in time I don't have a desire to go out as a woman, even if I had the ability to do so (I only own a few skirts, some heels, panties, and stockings. No blouses or dresses at this time.)

Part of me would like to do so one day but that day is not today. That day will have to wait until I can afford to get some forms, ladies tops, a wig, that sorta thing.

Right now I'm happy with wearing a skirt out. It's also partly a way to test the waters one could say. No comments (positive nor, thankfully, negative) about my skirt and heels today so I know I can do it again sometime. The world didn't stop spinning so it'll be okay.

EDIT: Partial dressing can also be a stepping stone. No way could I have dressed fully en femme and gone out today, the nervousness would have killed me. A skirt is a good start though IMO. A way to start working my way up the en femme ladder.

i agree entirely! very well put. i'll go out with some fem jeans, maybe a pair of uggs, and a guy shirt. definitely not passing, sure maybe it could attract attention, but i do it b/c that is how i feel comfortable (and feminine).

jenniferj
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh dear!

This has the potential to become a "less filling- tastes great" discussion.

I don't think my position on the curve is any surprise; I really do want to be and appear as much of a "real girl" - for myself,and for anybody else who might see me.

Do I pass? My goodness, No!

Do I blend? Pretty much so. I try to dress stylishly, but appropriately, and hope that anybody who notices me will like my dress or other girlish attire. This means dressing completely, which I happen to enjoy.

There are many,many real girls who do not put as much effort or thought into their dress and I do not wish to insult them. If they want to dress like guys, fine - our culture seems to think tom boys are cute in their own way, although I think that most of would rather that others just didn't notice.

There really is no positive model for guys who want to dress like girls. Men who go part way along this path (soft fabrics, colors, but still guy-clothes) are dismissed as "fags" ( I HATE that word). A man who makes an effort to look female will get credit from some part of the culture for being transgendered and brave, but generally not except in large cosmopolitan environments. (I love NYC)

The guys in-between who wear obviously female clothes in public without doing the rest seem to be trying to make some statement, like teenagers with rude tattoos or Goth chicks. Everybody is free to make whatever statements they want (within the proper forum), and I wouldn't begin to judge them for this. But I don't think that this particular statement is a happy one; rather it seems (to me) to be one of "Even though I like/need to wear women's clothes, I'm really a guy - and I'm NOT gay" This inner conflict seems to pervade so many of our threads. BTW, this does not apply so much to those of you who stay inside and dress partially for sexual releae - that's a whole different kettle of fish.

I don't know how many times the cd/gay issue has shown up here, but it's been a lot. There is nothing wrong with being a straight crossdresser, and there is nothing wrong with being a gay crossdresser. It's who you happen to be. Relax, and don't worry.

I expect that this will boil some kettles - please re-read it a couple of times before you get too upset. I mean to offend no-one. :)

-jj

tricia_uktv
12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
In England the definition of a crossdresser (not TV or TS) is someone who starts dressing after puberty and who do not wish to portray themself as a woman. They are often in high powered jobs and use dressing as a way to relieve stress. They feel comfortable wearing women's clothes.

But dies it matter? As long as they are happy surely.

GaleWarning
12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
In a world where we are not defined by what we are wearing or what we look like, but rather by who we are, this argument would be superfluous and none of us need be confused.

We could all dress according to our personalities and no-one would waste time wondering anxiously, why?

To illustrate the point:
A young student teacher was once very concerned because one of his students always drew her pictures in black. He feared it might be a manifestation of a deeper, darker problem.

On the advice of his mentor, he asked the student why she only drew her pictures on black.

"Because I only have black crayon," she informed him.

Tomara
12-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Plainly said , everyone is different , everyone has different needs , wants and desires and we all don't have to get why others do what they do. .....Do we ?
I am sure there are as many reasons why we all do what we do as there are people who question why.
And why should anyone care what someone else is doing if what they are doing doesn't affect them.
I like to accept people for who they are as a person , not for the way they look or dress.
Tomara

Joanne f
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
One of those great mysteries of life "understanding", we do what we like to do and can`t understand why everyone else does not understand why we do it or even like it .
I do not understand why anyone would want to go bungee jumping but i accept that they do , all as you need to do is to understand yourself and accept others if they are different.
But you can try to get some understanding of something by trying it in which case you will be enlightened with the understanding of why they do it or why you do not do it .

Frédérique
12-01-2009, 02:11 PM
But, I don't understand partial dressers! U throw on a skirt, maybe a blouse, and out u go! No makeup, no wig, no bra or forms, no attempt to appear to be female. Why?

What’s there to understand? A little goes a long way in crossdressing. Anything that goes against drabness has merit, in my eyes, so you can adjust your level of “impersonation” to the situation at hand. Actually, it’s nothing like impersonation at all – think less in terms of surface, and more in terms of gender integration. Even when I’m dressed up 100%, it’s not a costume, you know…:straightface:

sherri52
12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I normally dress completely but sometimes I don't put on makeup except lipstick. I may not get home until 12:00 some nights and want to dress. I also don't want to spen three hours doing it when I'm not going out. I get the same feeling of being dressed without the time involved. We are each different in our wants and needs in our crossdressing, yours is to spend three hours in the process, mine is to dress in 30 min if possible. I still love you Sherry, your my sister.:love:

ikatrina
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM
yes, it goes the other way too. As posted above, I'm not against getting all dolled up for special evenings but a more realistic attire is what I strive for. Someone that is completely overdone all the time IMO is a costume and you don't actually appear as a woman but as a caricature of one. Again, this is only my opinion (don't shoot) and as others have pointed out everyone has different reasons and desires to dress.

Miranda09
12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh...rules, rules, rules....who needs them. We all have different reasons for dressing. Tho I'm not one to go out looking like a guy with a skirt, it's cool that someone feels comfortable enough with themselves to do just that. After all, it's only clothing! :)

Kate Simmons
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I guess that's just what some folks like to do RS.:)

Roberta Marie
12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Usually, around the house, I wear either jeans or a jeans skirt, casual woman's top with forms, and pull my thinning hair back in a pony tale or clip it on one side. If I'm going out in guy mode, I may wear an androginous t-shirt, but I can't remember the last time I wore guy pants. Women's just seem to fit better.

I think, if I had a little more guts, this is how I would prefer to go out, wearing women's clothes, but no makeup or wig. Part dressed. But, I don't have that much courage, so when I go out en femme, I dress all the way. I don't want to draw attention to myself, I want to blend in. Even when I dress full en femme, I rarely pass, if ever, and it is more my intention to blend in. I'm basically a chicken, and do not want to draw attention to myself.

I consider myself dual gendered. On the gender scale, I'm somewher in the middle, about 40% feminine and 60% masculine most of the time, but that is fluid. I think, if it were not for the reactions of others in public, I would prefer to dress this way, part feminine and part masculine. This is how I feel inside, and when I'm at home, this is how I feel the most comfortable and in balance.

Perhaps one day, I will have the courage to not care what others think, and dress how I'm most comfortable.

JamieOH
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM
well, here I sit, in a pair of mens jeans, heels, lace trimmed cami, women's sweater, and bran and panties under... I have mustache on face, mens rings, and mens bracelets.. I kid you not. I am home sick today, and trying to get plastic on the windows before winter hits full effect.. I even went out to the store today, to get the plastic, I put my man shoes on, cause it's cold out. but wore the lace trimmed cami and sweater.. didnt really care... I'm sick and tired, and noone even looked at me weird... ran to walmart, got the stuff, checked out.. went home.. not sure how many people even noticed lace peekin outta my jacket.. but it was obvious.. and the lady at the checkout was sweet, courteous, and never batted an eye at it. I am about wearing what I like.. I feel as feminine as I feel, and I need not justify or over emphasize my own feelings to make me one title or another. You see, You have the suit, and the faces, and believe me, many, myself included truly dont understand that. Why do you feel the need for the suit and face? I'm not being defensive and trying to turn this around on you, I am truly being honest here in saying this. I dont get that any more than you dont get me having my moustache and wearing heels.. It all boils down to one thing, the ME factor... If it makes ME happy, and isn't upsetting my family, then I guess it's all good eh?

ChristineRenee
12-01-2009, 04:19 PM
To each their own I say.

Ze
12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't think you can compare a woman that is "underdressed" with a guy that dresses up in partial clothing. No matter how hard you try you are still going to be a woman. :)

*ahem* I think I can find a few people on this board that would beg to differ. :D

linnea
12-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I usually go out all dressed up, but sometimes all that I can get away with is to "underdress." I don't think that you're talking about that though.
Anyway, just as we can see in every day life, there are all kinds of people--some dress up, some don't seem to care, some dress up and care a lot about it.
C'est la vie!

MyBlackTights
12-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I just feel comfortable as heck in a mini w/ tights and heels, never made an effort to pass( I have a beard that I cant bear to shave, its like a part of me), just really really really love the look and feel of some "womens" clothes. who is anybody to judge? the world would be such a better place if everyone would just not give a crap what the next person is doing as long as its not harming anyone.....

Barbara Dugan
12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I used to don't get it because I don't do it, till one afternoon when I was completely naked with just make up and heels and honestly I never felt more feminine in my life and I wasn't wearing any clothes,then now I understand that you don't have go all the way or transform yourself to grab that feeling:hugs:

Nigella23
12-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I used to don't get it because I don't do it, till one afternoon when I was completely naked with just make up and heels and honestly I never felt more feminine in my life and I wasn't wearing any clothes,then now I understand that you don't have go all the way or transform yourself to grab that feeling:hugs:

:thumbsup: Barbara

I used to just grow one pinkie finger nail. That was all, just one, no manicures, no wearing of feminine clothes, make-up or paraphenalia. Wasn't because I cba, it just plain and simply made me happy. What is there to get?

Kerigirl2009
12-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Well when I dress it is a desire that I have to feel that inner peace inside me. When I do finally get the courage to go out into the world it will definately be 100% woman.
The way I see it and I am shooting from the hip here. For me if I dress at home it usually does not involve makeup but everything else is included except the batteries. LOL
when I am feeling that I want to present myself to others, I include my makeup (pictures)
The one time that I did go out I tried to look and pass as best I could as a woman.
I think I would handle the comments much better if I was dressed all out versus 50%
I guess it is all about attitude and for me I would feel better about myself presenting as a female then half and half.
But to each their own I do not judge, and if I do I would never pass judgement on any of you. We are who we are and if someone doesn't like it So what! I am not out to impress anyone but myself and if I impress someone on the way GREAT.
True friends and family is what I desire to have in my life. I hide myself from the world but she is desperately trying to make friends of her own.:)

Alice Torn
12-01-2009, 10:07 PM
For many years, I thought it impossible, to actually go buy lady stuff, in person, and , also have women shoes that fit! In 2005, i worked up the guts to buy a dress, which was on display, at a second hand store, then, used bras, later bought more dresses, skirts, tops, then used wigs, then hose, then ordered heels on the web, then...a lady in the mirror!

Nicole Erin
12-01-2009, 10:13 PM
there are many levels of TG.
Clothing is just outer covering.

I have been chewed out myself cause even in my femme mode, I tend to wear pants. I hate skirts and dresses, never even owned a real dress.

I have seen guys who will be dressed all male except a skirt. I just look and kind of think - "Right on bro" :thumbsup:

Paula T
12-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Well I don't understand a lot of things (like wearing masks for one) but that doesn't mean they are wrong or bad or unpleasent... Just means that I'm ignorant....

you are not. Funny (as in sense of humor) you are Karren:hugs:

nikki in hose
12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I myself partially dress alot, mostly due to my environment. My wife knows but doesnt want to see it, so alot of times I underdress when she and the kids are home or for work. I have in the past gone out in womens spandex shorts and pantyhose with my first wife shopping and what not, only becuase that is what I was comfortable with at the time. Nowadays it's a rare occasion that I get to go "all out", but when I do I try to savor the fleeting moments. It's not the ideal situation by a long shot, however it works for me and keeps the house on its foundation ;).

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with others who basically say "What's to get?"

I wear what I like, I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. I know that my style of crossdressing is very different than how most of the people on this forum dress, but I can't imagine starting a thread to ask them why they do what they enjoy. They enjoy it, that's why!

I have seen guys who will be dressed all male except a skirt. I just look and kind of think - "Right on bro"

Well, guys like me would argue that the skirt doesn't make me any less a male than pants. When I wear a skirt I'm dressed all male, not all male "except a skirt." I know that this isn't what you were trying to say, and that you were being supportive, but I just have to rally that point a lot.

Butterfly Bill
12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
:straightface:

Because I seek freedom and comfort, and don't reject my identity as male. Myself, I don't really understand all you people who want to pass all the way to the goal line. Why should I make a goal out of deceiving other people? I think a great deal of how I am able to go to an Episcopal church in Muskogee, Oklahoma every Sunday and Wednesday wearing a dress has to do with my being honest about who I am. Desiring to pass I see as part of perpetuating the gender tyranny that oppresses us all.

Rianna Humble
12-02-2009, 01:26 AM

There is no such thing. We are cross-dressers or we are not, and luckily for me that does not require permission from any other member of this forum.

When I dress up, I wish to appear to be a woman. If ONLY to myself, in my mirror!:brolleyes: I can't pass, so I have no intention of going out dressed!

THat is fine for you but if I followed what you say here to its logical conclusion, I would never be allowed out of the house because my voice will always give me away. I can't accept you placing that restriction on me.

But, I understand TGs desire to go out, even if they only pass occasionally!:thumbsup:

Perhaps for some of us because we are cross-dressers and not merely female impersonators.

Perhaps for some of us because we have no desire to transition (at least at the moment).

Or perhaps for some of us because - as everyone knows - the moon is made of blue cheese.

Fortunately, we don't have to ask the permission of anyone on this forum to do what we feel the need (or desire) to do.

What is there to get? I'm sorry, despite your words, the whole of your post shouts out to me that you do not respect our right to be different to you and that makes me really sad.

ne11y
12-02-2009, 02:08 AM
I think that for some that goes the whole nine yard, with shaving, bathing, full makeup with forms and so forth. It is because they have the time, or it allow them to transition to their woman "mode". Some don't require that kind of dressing just to feel like a woman. I guess it is more like a warming up to get into that state of mind, where you're transitioning to be another person. I think I am rambling now...:)

Cliff's note: its all about attitude, some feels great with keeping it simple, and some want the whole packages. I myself, well I would like to try the whole package, forms and shaving and wigs. But I don't have the resources, times, nor space for such items. So for me, I'm what you'll call a partial cd'er. I dress in lingerie with my regular clothes, sometimes maybe a pair of woman's jeans.

Jodi M
12-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Tomara I agree with you. We are all different and have different needs and desires and we all take our crossdressing to whatever level we want. I go out of the house often completely dressed but often around the house its just a bra and panties. On a recent trip I traveled in drab except for a bra under my tee shirt and after I had stopped for the night I went out completely dressed so its different levels at different times. So you go as far as you want. Don't GGs do the same?

docrobbysherry
12-02-2009, 02:38 AM
I guess I deserved to be FLAMED! Tamara tried to WARN me, in her own way!:brolleyes:

If my thread sounds uninformed, here's why.
I don't understand much of ANYTHING to do with CDing!:eek:

However, here's the few things I think I KNOW about CDing:

I think I'm GOOD at my kind CDing! And I find it stimulating, exciting, just too much fun to be simply a HOBBY!
I love dressing in fem costumes, because that's what CDing is for me. I like to LOOK like a woman that is NOT me. And, I rarely feel like one.
I LIKE almost ALL of the people here! Irregardless of the fact that we have CDing in common!
I'm constantly learning things here. About myself, and CD/TG/TSs. I learn from ALL of u! Whether u like it or not. But, I seem to learn VERY SLOWLY!
I LOVE all the diversity here! Heck, even an odd geezer like me can find a little acceptance!
I don't give a crap how you dress! Even if u decided to go out DRESSED as a female DUCK! If I knew u, I'd be happy to meet u for dinner at our corner restaurant! BUT!
I'M PRETTY CERTAIN I'D ASK U WHY U WERE DRESSED THAT WAY!?

I had no intention of offending ANYONE with this thread! If I did, I'm truly sorry! I'm NOT stupid, but I SURE do seem to be IGNORANT!:doh:

Finally, the original post was intended for CDs who wear only a few fem items VISIBLY, WHEN THEY GO OUT! I think everyone will throw on a few odd things occasionally, at home. And underdressing is another matter entirely!

Jennifer in CO
12-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Doc said "Finally, the original post was intended for CDs who wear only a few fem items VISIBLY, WHEN THEY GO OUT! I think everyone will throw on a few odd things occasionally, at home. And underdressing is another matter entirely!"

When I walk outh the door every morning I must present to my clients customers as the person authorized to be in their home. Hence, I must present as my male self. That doesn't mean I can't be comfortable doing it. Comfortable may mean in the clothes I'm wearing or mentally comfortable with myself or a combination of the two. So I may be wearing guy jeans and a ladies polo shirt, or ladies slacks and blouse. A couple of weeks ago it was bitter cold here with about 6" of snow so I had to wear my heavy coat (ladies in black that doesn't look fem) and under it I wore an extreemly feminine satin blouse, my black ladies side-zip slacks with garter/hose underneath for an add'l layer and black side-zip calf boots with 2" heels (90% hidden by the snow). I was very comfortable with myself and with my presenation. I don't dress to "escape" my male being. I did that when it was a fetish before I transitioned in 79/80. When I came back to the dark side yes it became an escape again. I finally decided to heck with it and began to blend my wardrobe to "be" me without having to "escape" me. Probably 90% of the general public will not notice you, 5% will notice but not say anything, 4% will notice and MIGHT say something, and that last 1% don't live in my house so who gives a heck what they think or say. I have said in a post quite some time ago that I showed up at a property to do my job and when the woman of the house answered the door I was standing in front of a mirrior. We had on the same (or dang close to it) outfit (blouses were the same, slacks were very similar, same shoes). She HAD to notice but didn't say a word. I did my job in a professional manor and left. Our conversations between me getting there and leaving were friendly and light. Not a word about my attire and not a word back from my client either.

Wearing the clothes of the opposite sex does not mean wearing the hanger they are attached to while hanging in the closet....

Jenn

shesgotleggs
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
For me, its simply a matter of time and opportunity to be able to partially dress if I can't fully dress. I love to go shopping on the noon hours in a sweater (girl's or guy's), girl jeans, and high heels (this time of year, shorty black high heeled boots). I just change in the car. I can practice my girly walk and just look around in stores. Nobody pays any attention to me (that I'm aware of). I go to a remote part of town where the possibility of being seen by someone I know is remote. It's a wonderful opportunity to be a girl for 45 minutes or so, since I'm not out to my wife and my evenings are usually very busy. I really enjoy it.

I have gone out to a local gay bar on a "slow" night dressed like this. When I'm dressed like this, especially with pantyhose on under my slacks, I feel so sleek and sexy and metrosexual. I'd LOVE to find a guy that finds me attractive when dressed like this, but I'm not very hopeful <sigh>.

Smiles, Tracy

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
What’s there to understand? A little goes a long way in crossdressing. Anything that goes against drabness has merit, in my eyes, so you can adjust your level of “impersonation” to the situation at hand. Actually, it’s nothing like impersonation at all – think less in terms of surface, and more in terms of gender integration. Even when I’m dressed up 100%, it’s not a costume, you know…:straightface:

Right on Kansas Sister! Sherry for me its about being Suzanne. Its not about looking like a female its about being the person I am comfy with. Any little reminder of my femme self in a drab world is embraced. It can be the ladies Levi 505 jeans, the pastel mock turtle neck, or the IFGE braclet that I wear. I know I don't always feel like throwing on the full make up if I am going out, but I do almost always feel like wearing something femme. Blending is still important for me, but I know for others they could care less.

Darling you didn't offend me. I know this makes no sense to you, because I doesn't make sense to me!

RachelZ
12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Because I have a goatee so I'm inactive right now because when I dress I like to feel as fem as possible. The closest I come to partial dressing is I have girls jeans that I wear with regularity. They pass, they're comfy, and I think they look better on me than my guy's jeans. That's the closest I go to partial dressing. Kudos to those that do it more partially though.

Amy Hepker
12-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I only partially dressed when I was making a transition at work. I started wearing ladies V neck tops with short sleeves, then I went to wearing female jeans of couse with panties, and then a few weeks later I started wearing a Bra, without padding, just a bra, the a few weeks later I added a little to it and as taime went on everyone thought I was growing breasts, but wasn't really, at least not at that point. I did grow a little though, but anyway back to the subject. I would never go out and a girls shirt on and a skirt, at least not without looking like a girl. That would be like just throwing on a dress and say hey, let's go bale hay or rebuild an engine.

AmandaM
12-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Dr., Dr., Dr., Im my opinion, you don't understand it cause you're not a crossdresser. You wear women's clothes, but for what reason, I do not know. You say you don't feel like a woman when you dress. The more I dress, the more I feel like a woman, and it feels right. Even when I partially dress, I feel feminine. And sometimes, when I'm in drab, I feel feminine. It's an internal identity thing with me. I feel that you have a fetish, that just "happens" to include female clothing. I don't think you're a crossdresser at all. I think you're a fetishist. As a crossdresser who may be TS, I feel as though you and I have nothing in common. But, that's just my opinion.

Melinda G
12-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Some of us want to look our best, and present as fem as possible. Others are content to look like one of the Budweiser boys.:doh:

tonixd
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Most of time, just like a real live GG I don't want to have to put on all that makeup or put on the foundation garment or the hose or the wig....but slipping into a nice skirt/blouse combo or a house dress

I like this post.

I do not consider myself a 'guy'. I am a male, but I am far too feminine to be a 'guy.'

At the same time, I am not wired to wear makeup or a wig. I dress in a way that is appropriate and looks good for my body. I am a male, I am feminine, and I am proud.

My sisters who do wear makeup, wigs, and breastforms, from the other thread I started, are wired to want those things, and that is just as valid as how I dress.

I'm glad you want to understand it!! It gives us the tools to fight bigotry and hatred.
:fairy1: <---- she can't magically change the world. We can!!

suchacutie
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Ok, I'm one of those who needs a number of hours to transform to Tina because of the ritual that I love which includes painted nails and all the rest. It's just the process of ushering Tina into the world after a bit of time as a GUY!

But then one evening I was home alone and really only had a couple of hours. I threw on some clothes, hair and lipstick. No other makeup, no earrings, no nail polish, just what felt necessary to transform. I did not look in the mirror and there was no one else in the house. It was the first time that I had transformed partially. If I had taken a picture it would have had male "clues" all over (heck, I hadn't shaved!), but since I was alone in my little world I didn't care, and I had made the mental transformation somehow.

It was the only time, but that situation has not developed either. Having experienced that one time, I can see how everyone has their own particular mindset about becoming feminine. I sure as heck would not have left the house the way I was, nor even have looked that way if I wasn't alone in the house! Tina would never have put up with less than a full presentation if it had been for someone else. Fascinating!

tina!

docrobbysherry
12-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Dr., Dr., Dr., Im my opinion, you don't understand it cause you're not a crossdresser. You wear women's clothes, but for what reason, I do not know. You say you don't feel like a woman when you dress. The more I dress, the more I feel like a woman, and it feels right. Even when I partially dress, I feel feminine. And sometimes, when I'm in drab, I feel feminine. It's an internal identity thing with me. I feel that you have a fetish, that just "happens" to include female clothing. I don't think you're a crossdresser at all. I think you're a fetishist. As a crossdresser who may be TS, I feel as though you and I have nothing in common. But, that's just my opinion.

Whether I agree or not, I appreciate th way u DON'T hedge your opinions!:thumbsup:

Maybe the phrase, " Feeling like a woman", needs clarifying! I don't feel like a woman, OR a man, on the inside! I simply feel like ME! And that doesn't change when I dress!:eek:

However, when I'm all dolled up and trying to swing my hips as I strut around in my 4" heels, or when my forms r jounsing around in my bra as I move, or, when I see myself brushing my wig in the mirror, do I feel like a woman? Sometimes, ABSOLUTELY! :o
Maybe NOT the same way u do. But, I DO THINK I feel WHAT A WOMAN feels, doing those same things I'm doing!:daydreaming:

Hey, u can call me a fetishist, a fascist, or a FRISBIE, if it makes u happy! :D I don't care.

But, U CAN'T deny that we have things in COMMON! Unless you've suddenly STOPPED wearing ladies things!?:brolleyes:

GaleWarning
12-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Perhaps this will clarify things for everyone?

-dGYXGnSeBM

AmandaM
12-03-2009, 10:01 PM
However, when I'm all dolled up and trying to swing my hips as I strut around in my 4" heels, or when my forms r jounsing around in my bra as I move, or, when I see myself brushing my wig in the mirror, do I feel like a woman? Sometimes, ABSOLUTELY! :o

OK, you got me. This is a trait of transvestism. Hmmmm.....

karennjcd
12-03-2009, 10:09 PM
I echo everyone else's "to each their own" feelings on this one. I for one have never gone out in public as Karen. The only time Karen has been outside of her house has been in hotel rooms alone. And Karen has never been a total 100% woman. She has not yet tried makeup, eyeshadow, lipstick, etc. for the simple reason that there is a lot to life that precludes spending too much time in that mode.

At home, I'm still a parent, and I still have places to go where I simply cannot be seen as Karen. Even putting on a wig and wig cap over my hair, it means I've sweated underneath and would then need to shower before I go out, where a shower might not have been necessary otherwise.

So I do take comfort in the amount of dressing that I do, but quite often I'm only Karen from the neck down. While it may not be complete, at least I can enjoy it somewhat to the degree that I do take it.

Karen :)

CherylFlint
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
As the song says, "We live in a strange world, Master Jack".
I don't get it either, 'cause when I go out that front door, I'm Cheryl from head to toe, but it sure be easier if I could pass with a lot less.
I've gotten my makeup down to about fifteen minutes, but it'll take me hours to get all the rest together, as in skirt verses slacks, blouse or sweater, jacket, maybe a dress, full skirt, and so on. Sometimes I get so frustrated that the time has gone by so fast I just end up staying home 'cause it's so late.

Tanya83
12-03-2009, 10:36 PM
It's fun! Although I don't do skirts and heels or blouses for that matter. I do however wear little shorts and flipflops or Keds sneakers.
:D

docrobbysherry
12-04-2009, 01:22 AM
--- some of the SEXIEST Keds I've ever seen!:D

It's fun! Although I don't do skirts and heels or blouses for that matter. I do however wear little shorts and flipflops or Keds sneakers.
:D