PDA

View Full Version : Nature abhors a crossdresser

Lorileah
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
well this crossdresser anyway.

I had planned my first makeover in two years for today (I know I know why in December???) and even up to last weekend everything looked like a go. Yesterday was almost 60 degrees and sunshine...today the high will be 20. :( There is snow and ice on the road. Traffic is slow. Damn you mother nature! Why? why?

Looks like a postponement is in order. All you girls who look forward to winter, I hope you are happy.

nikkijo
12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
park the blue prius, put on the big girl panties, grab the wheel, enngage the 4wd and quit yer bitchen already.... get the make over and enjoy the day....

it aint like its a sheat of ice 100 miles long and below zero...

Karren H
12-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Awwww. That's too bad.. And I'm happy! I'm always happy! :)

Lorileah
12-02-2009, 12:45 PM
park the blue prius, put on the big girl panties, grab the wheel, enngage the 4wd and quit yer bitchen already.... get the make over and enjoy the day....

it aint like its a sheat of ice 100 miles long and below zero...

But ...but it is slick out and you know what happens in platforms and heels?

mwWQ954Py9c

nikkijo
12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
its called practice.. and i see someone has yet to put on their big girl panties

GaleWarning
12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Obstacles are put in our way to see how serious we are about making things happen. If you really want the make-over, Lori, nothing should stand in your way. Things could be worse, you know. If the temperature were too hot, all that make-up would run. That ain't goona happen, so there is a lot to be grateful for, and a lot to look forward to.
Get your boots on and put the chains on the tyres!
:hugs:

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
its called practice.. and i see someone has yet to put on their big girl panties

I would suggest a pair of tights over those panties.

You can't blame me girl. I am a fall gal. Winter and summer are just too darn harsh either way and we all know that cold weather is bad for your skin so you better bundle up and head for the Salon ASAP.

You live in Denver for goodness sake! You have to have cute snowboots for lounging on the slopes. Count your blessing girl. I have to drive 10 hours to get to the mountains and skiing. Skiing is the only decent thing about winter in my opinion. So go get that makeover and replace those heels with cute pair of Uggs on the way to the Salon.

Fab Karen
12-02-2009, 05:00 PM
You chose to live in a snow-zone. You know about when it's coming on every year. Maybe there are some snow-shoes that'd go with an outfit?
As for Winter, yes there's that hard time of year when the nights get down to a bitter 39f for a bit. :)

Miranda09
12-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh c'mon sis...you're not going to let a little snow and ice keep you from your appointed missions, are you?????

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh c'mon sis...you're not going to let a little snow and ice keep you from your appointed missions, are you?????
Miranda is right! Crossdressing is like being a mailman (well without all the stress and you don't have to carry that really heavy bag unless you have a huge purse). We need to have a motto. "Neither wind nor snow nor rain will keep us from shopping or our beauty appointments."

trannie T
12-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Snow? In Denver? In December? Who'd have thunk it?

TNRobin
12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey, move down to where I'm going to build in Trinidad, CO. Still in Colorado, just drier and a bit warmer.:D

Frédérique
12-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I had planned my first makeover in two years for today (I know I know why in December???) and even up to last weekend everything looked like a go. Yesterday was almost 60 degrees and sunshine...today the high will be 20.

I drove to Denver in March of 2003 and nearly made it – it happened to be during the worst blizzard in the past ninety years, but I tried to make it anyway. After numerous spin-outs on country roads (I-70 was closed), I came to a halt near aptly-named Last Chance, CO – there I watched people drive past me and get hopelessly stuck, while a farmer in a tractor struggled to pull them off the road. Since then I’ve developed a “thing” about Denver weather, but I’ll try again some day…:eek:

I was going to go on a little femme trip myself today, for some photography, the joy of being out and about (skirt blowing), and a general recharge of my girly battery. Alas, it got so cold so quickly that I had to put my plans on ice (pardon the pun). I don’t wish to end up in bed with the flu like Suzanne, you know, but I do need a day away from here now and then…:facepalm:

docrobbysherry
12-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Winter SUCKS!:sad:

Was planning a trip to the beach this weekend. But, they're predicting possible showers! :doh:

Guess we'll just stay home and play some volleyball, or use the pool!:brolleyes:

Jennifer in CO
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
so...did you get it done? When I got out at around 11 roads were great...messy but quite passable with my old rear-wheel drive and studs. It is days like today however that make living here nice. Under my black ladies down coat I wore a nice turtle neck and slacks with tights for a layer with my my calf boots. Colorado in the fall (it IS still fall) 62 on Monday, 59 on Tuesday, 16 on Wednesday....

Jenn

sherri52
12-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Go for the makeover anyway. You can go skiing next week.

PhillyGuy2Girl
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM

"Practice?You're talking practice?Practice?Its just practice! Come on,it practice we're talking about!Practice!"

Sorry everyone. I just couldn't resist that since the Sixers re signed Allen Iverson today,LOL.

Felicity

Phyliss
12-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Well, it's not snow but the rain is coming down like the start of the 40 days.

I'd been planning this day for 2 weeks. Gonna get soaked, but I'm going out anyway. Slight change to the clothing choice, peep toe pumps will have to wait. Oh drat, I have to wear my boots. Thankfully I have a nice all weather jacket to keep the rain off me. Gonna have to find my umbrella.

Neither rain, sleet or snow nor dark of night will stay this girl from the swift completion of her appointed shopping trip, plus a nice visit with a dear friend.

KELLYANN
12-03-2009, 05:20 AM
come on girl, put on some tights/hose/jeans/skirt muckluks whatever it takes. button up and be sexy. you're in colorado! it snows sometimes. :battingeyelashes:

rayander01
12-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Al I can do is ask why you need a makeover. You look great the way you are.

Rey

linnea
12-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Too bad, Lorileah. I hope that you get another opportunity soon.

Lorileah
12-03-2009, 12:02 PM
rescheduled for the 19th. Knowing Colorado I will be able to wear sandals and a mini in 70 degree weather :) I'll keep you informed.

Oh the temp is up to 8 now.:D

Angel.Marie76
12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Been to Colorado a few times, and have had friends that live/ed there. The weather out there is kooky to say the least. Waking up to several inches of snow that completely melt off by the afternoon?? Repeatedly? ugh.

At least in the Northeast US when you get a foot of snow it hangs around for a while. he he... I'm kinda looking forward to it, and still kinda not. At least I've put the snow booties on the Pony for the winter already so he'll be ready when it comes. This winter will see me investing in probably several pairs of cute & sexy boots for me too.

Wish you the best for your makeover Lorileah, are you going to Chris's shop out there for the makeover?

Jilmac
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm with you girl, winter is no time to get prettied up only to be ruined by snow, sleet, slush and ice. Perhaps you'll get a break in your mile high weather and let your prettiness shine through the gloom.

docrobbysherry
12-03-2009, 12:37 PM
rescheduled for the 19th.

Oh the temp is up to 8 now.:D

Heck, we get 8 some of our REALLY cold nites here!:straightface:

Lorileah
12-03-2009, 12:40 PM

Wish you the best for your makeover Lorileah, are you going to Chris's shop out there for the makeover?

Yep, except Chris spends most his time in Vegas now. :) Going to have Dominique make me pretty :)

nikkijo
12-03-2009, 12:54 PM
and i see someone failed to actually wear her big girl panties and also failed miserably to park the little toy cars and assume winters favorite vehicle.. the 4x4.. so it seems someone other than jeff dunham owns a blue prius... and plays with dolls and fails miserably at growing up and being a woman... just a little girl all scared and whiny...

LOL sorry i just couldnt resist... id rather have 8 degrees and snowing or dry, than the 36 and pouring rain we had here last night.... ricken cold azz chit right there... especially as it was blowin 30+ from the east.... nothing would keep you warm...