PDA

View Full Version : Alert Will Robinson! The wife is not happy

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Just got the big, "geez can't you stop even a day for being sick" from my wife.

I am home sick with the flu. I posted earlier that being miserable dressed is better than being miserable en drab. So I crawled out of bed slid on some comfy clothes a wig and a little makeup and I am laying here in bed enjoying soup, juice and the prose of my sisters as my body fights of this nasty little virus.

My loving wife was running from one appointment for work to another and swung by the house to check on me. She didn't react well to finding me dressed. She tossed me my presciption rolled her eyes and walked out. All I could muster in my flu induced pink fog was, "thanks hun. I love you..." I think I need to have flowers waiting for her when she gets back to her office in a couple of hours.

ShannonDragon
12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Come on... let's face it.... if you can get up and get dressed, you can get up and go to work!!! :tongueout

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Come on... let's face it.... if you can get up and get dressed, you can get up and go to work!!! :tongueout

I am sure that is what she is thinking.

DinaMature
12-02-2009, 04:37 PM

ditto

melissacdx
12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
yeah, bit of a faux pas there....either you were sick, and you wouldn't have been opportunistic like that, you would have been at a base survival position, or you weren't really that sick, and you got busted.

flowers won't go nearly as far as an admission of faux pas, and hearfelt apology. THEN the flowers. Flowers first or only is a double faux pas.

just sayin -- I'll take change if you don't want the whole 2 cents.

RachelRICD
12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Was it Clint Eastwood who said "A CD has to know her limitations"?

You need to know when to back off. An unhappy wife is worse than the flu.

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Girls, I am sick. I went to the doctor. I have a 102 fever and spent most of last night in the bathroom. He said it was flu but not Piggy flu.

I could try the excuse that he said lipstick would help.....

Ohh and I ordered the flowers.

Karren H
12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Its "Warning Will Robinson!!" And you need to wave your arms around like this... Wave wave wave.. You call yourself a Lost in Space geekette?? Jeezzzz!! :D

pattyv
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Flowers-yes, but at home for her with a special evening dinner cooked with all the trimmings, and her favourite wine. Surprise her, and you will make her day no matter how you are dressed.

Rachael Ray
12-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Its "Warning Will Robinson!!" And you need to wave your arms around like this... Wave wave wave.. You call yourself a Lost in Space geekette?? Jeezzzz!! :D

I can just respond with this: "That does not compute!" ( Anyways, I thought it was: "Danger, Will Robinson!" )

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM

That was one of the few reruns not on today. I'm fuzzy from the flu it was the best I could come up with. :D

Karren H
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I can just respond with this: "That does not compute!" ( Anyways, I thought it was: "Danger, Will Robinson!" )

Omg!! I think your right!! Lol. "Warning.. Warning... Danger WR!!". I'm such an idiot today!! Never mind Suzanne!! Duhhhh...

Miranda09
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Good idea Suzanne...and don't forget a hug and a very sensual kiss!!! ;)

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 05:20 PM
But not on the lips because I don't want to give her my bug.

Miranda09
12-02-2009, 05:22 PM
But not on the lips because I don't want to give her my bug.

Yeah...not a good idea!!!!! Get well soon so you CAN give her that very sensual kiss!!! :)

Midnight Skye
12-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah... don't dress fem and be sick at the same time. Not unless you dress fem all the time... even then make sure you grab the grubby girl clothes ;)

Seriously though, you sent the wrong message to her and there isn't anything you can say but I'm sorry. Tis the way of life and love.

suchacutie
12-02-2009, 05:51 PM
"I'm sorry" is ok, but doesn't solve the problem.

Here it is:

"Ok, I was sick and not thinking well, but my decision was not a good one. I understand that and I'm sure that when I get well enough to think straight I will not be able to figure out why I was so stupid! Please accept my apology and know I learned a lesson that I won't soon forget"

Just my :2c:

tina

Frédérique
12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I am home sick with the flu. I posted earlier that being miserable dressed is better than being miserable en drab. So I crawled out of bed slid on some comfy clothes a wig and a little makeup and I am laying here in bed enjoying soup, juice and the prose of my sisters as my body fights of this nasty little virus.

I must say I like the idea of you dressing up while you're sick, then spending time looking in on us for comfort and entertainment! Did you come down with the flu as a result of Thanksgiving? In 2006, that happened to me, and I was not completely well for two months afterwards. There was a coughing, sneezing child at Thanksgiving dinner that year, and both my sister and I were infected, since we don’t come in contact with groups too often. I lived to tell the story, but I’ve renamed my step-niece (or whatever the heck she is) Typhoid Mary! Get well soon, Suzanne…:hugs:

Phyliss
12-02-2009, 07:55 PM
"Ok, I was sick and not thinking well, but my decision was not a good one. I understand that and I'm sure that when I get well enough to think straight I will not be able to figure out why I was so stupid! Please accept my apology and know I learned a lesson that I won't soon forget"

tina

BINGO!!! Perfect

Grovel if you have to, but be sure to admit a definite lack of thought

docrobbysherry
12-02-2009, 08:07 PM
How GLAD I am, that I'm not still married!:D

I NEVER knew when I was screwing up, until later, when SHE told me!:eek:
Then, no matter WHAT I tried to do to get forgiveness, it was ALWAYS WRONG!:doh:

Sounds like you're a MUCH better hubby than I was, Suzanne!:)

Hope you're up and around, and back to normal ASAP!:hugs:

SuzanneBender
12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for all your get well wishes and wonderful advice. I used the grovel technique. I explained that I never once thought that it would make her upset if I dressed while sick and that if I had known I would have been laying there in my Van Halen T shirt and ripped up shorts moaning. I promised her that once back up to full operating capacity I owe her a romantic night out for us and Suzanne is not allowed to come along.
She laughed at me and told me she wasn't mad she was just in a hurry this afternoon. Then she called me a GIRL because I am so sensitive about these things. I gave her a big hug and she pushed me away telling me that if I give her my bug I will have to find a maids outfit because I am going to be waiting on her hand an foot. Hmmmm I have never wished sickness on anyone before, especially the love of my life, but that could be fun.

Ohh and I am feeling a little better. I just slept so much today that now I can't sleep ARGH.

SherriePall
12-03-2009, 01:31 PM
What a turn of events here. Now she wants you to dress up! Send more flowers immediately.

Lorileah
12-03-2009, 03:43 PM

uh, Suzanne has the flu...you trying to spread it? How about blowing a kiss from across the room with a surgical mask on? Couples should share amny things but giving your wife the flu isn't a good idea, trust me on this wanna see the scar?

suchacutie
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm so delighted this worked out! It's just terrific that she thought you were a GIRL because you were so sensitive!

To me, even if Tina were to be put away forever starting now (arg...what a horrible thought!!) the insight into how the world looks from a feminine perspective is a view that I will treasure forever, and one that, I hope, my wife will notice forever! Hurray for our femme selves!!!

:)

tina

docrobbysherry
12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I was worried your next post was going to be all, "Oink,oink,oink!":eek:

Susan G
12-03-2009, 09:00 PM

I work in the Medical Field. I am 100% positive work DOES NOT want you there if you are ILL!:eek:

SuzanneBender
12-03-2009, 10:39 PM
No piggy flu here just regular flu. I am feeling much better tonight.

Margot
12-03-2009, 10:52 PM
No it's "Danger, Danger, Wil Robinson"
Margot

sheidelmeidel
12-03-2009, 11:43 PM
So I crawled out of bed slid on some comfy clothes a wig and a little makeup ...

Sounds like you had a "blonde moment" ...

marny
12-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Come on... let's face it.... if you can get up and get dressed, you can get up and go to work!!!

Not fair! Sick but not so sick to get to the bathroom also means not so sick to change into things that make you feel better. Doesn't mean you have the energy to go and spread whatever you have at work! :tongueout

Melamie2
12-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Here's two cents from a GG. You can give your wife all the excuses you want but deep down inside she is going to believe what she felt when she first walked in and found you had gotten dressed up. My suggestion is (for what it's worth) that next time you get sick enough to stay home from work while she has to go to work, grub it up or stay in your jammies.

Alicia Grey
12-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Dear Suzanne, simply explain to your loving wife, that you were seeking comfort in your time of illness, and this is one way you have of making yourself feel a little better. And you had in no way meant to upset her.

Lorileah
12-04-2009, 11:08 AM
isn't it "Watchoo talkin about Will Robinson"?

christinek
12-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I can just imagine the set up and the reaction. Hearing the recent news I had to collect my jaw. Girl you are off the charts. My SO no longer has any issue with this, it is just a thing. If she walked in it might get a snicker, even if ill.

Paula_56
12-23-2009, 07:57 AM
. An unhappy wife is worse than the flu.

Isn't that this true

melissacd
12-23-2009, 08:07 AM
This conversation is just way too sick for me :tongueout Glad your feeling better Suzanne

Ugly Michele
12-23-2009, 08:19 AM
isn't it "Watchoo talkin about Will Robinson"?

Watchoo talkin bout Willis: Gary Coleman in sit com can't think of the name.

LisaKarenAZ
12-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Watchoo talkin bout Willis: Gary Coleman in sit com can't think of the name.

It was Different Strokes.

KarenHiller
12-23-2009, 09:59 AM

Why would you want to go back to work when you can be home and look as pretty as she does?

Karen

KarenHiller
12-23-2009, 10:01 AM

My loving wife was running from one appointment for work to another and swung by the house to check on me. She didn't react well to finding me dressed. She tossed me my presciption rolled her eyes and walked out. All I could muster in my flu induced pink fog was, "thanks hun. I love you..." I think I need to have flowers waiting for her when she gets back to her office in a couple of hours.

If I were you, I'd just tell her that looking nice makes you feel better too. Nothing wrong with being honest. I'm guessing she already knows you love being a girl.

Karen

Persephone
12-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Sorry to disagree with everyone here, Suzanne, but I see four major issues going on here.

1) You're sick with flu and you are online posting messages to us??? Now what the !@#$% are we supposed to do??? Wear masks and update our virus protection??? Gee, thanks.

2) Just what is "he" doing making you get sick??? Why did you let "him" get away with getting sick and then passing it off to you to have to deal with??? I've never been sick a day in my life, we get sick, I leave, let "him" visit the porcelain throne. When they said "Get a grip, girl" they didn't mean le grippe!

3) You're a big girl now, you don't have time for silly little diseases like the flu. Stuff like that is for wussy males. Sheesh, didn't your Mother teach you anything? Now get up, put on your big girl panties, get the laundry done, make a gourmet dinner for your spouse, and for heaven sake take care of those kids!

4) O,.K., so you're sick in bed, having one of those near death experiences, looking awful with no makeup and uour hair a mess, and your spouse runs in, tosses your medication at you, and splits. What's this about sending her flowers? You're the one sick in bed. Shouldn't she be sending you flowers???

sherri52
12-23-2009, 09:53 PM
How about the truth, then on the next day that you can dress take her out in drab. That means you in drab not her. It may go a long way.