PDA

View Full Version : Hi, lurkers!

Ze
12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
So I've noticed lately that the viewing for our public section has almost always been in the double digits. :eek: This, of course, coming from the side of the forum that gets, like, two people looking tops. Usually none.

But the point is they're almost always lurkers. Not quite sure what's sparked the recent interest, but hi! :wave: Come join, say hi, and do other monotonous things with us! Are you FtM? Do you think you might be FtM? Do you have an interest in learning about us? Are you lost? Should you have taken that left turn at Albuquerque? Don't be shy; we only bite if you ask us to.

Come on now, lurkers. Spook the crap out of me by making this work. :D

Faith_G
12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
You are such a clueless guy! :doh:

It's your "Romance Woes" thread. :slap:

Personally I lurk over here a lot, I am very interested in how the "other half" lives.

Ze
12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Well hi there, Faith. :heehee: Have we met? :love:

Clueless guy? Yes I am.

Because of the romance thread? Definitely not. :D

Faith_G
12-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Well hi there, Faith. :heehee: Have we met? :love:I had a user name change recently, I used to be known as BasementCD but that name doesn't fit anymore.

Clueless guy? Yes I am.

Because of the romance thread? Definitely not. :D3,880 views and you don't think it has anything to do with the increased number of lurkers? You get another dope slap for that! :slap: :tongueout

Ze
12-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I had a user name change recently, I used to be known as BasementCD but that name doesn't fit anymore.

Ooooh, now I know who you are! :D Hi again. Like the new name. :)

3,880 views and you don't think it has anything to do with the increased number of lurkers? You get another dope slap for that! :slap: :tongueout

There ain't no way exploiting my private matters had anything to do with it. :tongueout I'm not popular enough for that.

FireflyGG
12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Is this where all the cool kids hang out? I've haven't lurked yet but I can start if you want me to. :D

Ze
12-02-2009, 09:49 PM
If this is the area for the cool kids, then you have to join us, Firefly. :D It's awesome to see current-member lurkers coming to say hi. Now if only we could get the non-members. Hmmm...:thinking:

What if I danced naked for your amusement? :GD:

Kieron Andrew
12-02-2009, 09:53 PM
If this is the area for the cool kids, then you have to join us, Firefly. :D It's awesome to see current-member lurkers coming to say hi. Now if only we could get the non-members. Hmmm...:thinking:

it would be cool if this would entice the 50 plus boys who signed up to this place too

FireflyGG
12-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Sweet. I am so there. I'll play DJ.

:rave:

Maybe my tunes will bring out the boys? Not sure if Ze's naked dancing will do the trick to solve that little problem though. :laugh:

Ze
12-02-2009, 09:59 PM
it would be cool if this would entice the 50 plus boys who signed up to this place too

Quite true.

I shall dance naked for their amusement, as well. :GD: (Don't care what you say, Firefly. It could work!)

Sweet. I am so there. I'll play DJ.

:rave:

:w00t: Firefly's in!

Mmmmm...enticing lurkers makes me sleepy. I'm going to go to bed soon.

But don't think I can't see you, abigailf! ;) And Tamara, of all people; lurking and not saying a word. I seeee youuuu. :tongueout

Thornton
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
...well...alright then..:thumbsup:

Miranda09
12-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm heeeeree!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Fab Karen
12-03-2009, 04:22 AM

Did someone say naked dancing?:devil:

But no-one commenting in this thread is a lurker- none of us are wearing threnchcoats while standing in a dark corner.

Aidana
12-03-2009, 04:35 AM
I'm with Faith G, just curious as to how the other half lives and see if I see if I can relate better with your male or female. Part of getting to know myself.

I like how, on average, posts tend to be more insighful over here.

so, ummmm, hello!

MiraM
12-03-2009, 07:03 AM
It's the romance thread Ze. I have to say, it's the only thread I really follow with any interest (can only take so many why try to pass and should I go out threads). Oh, and if you are dancing naked, count me in...I love it when the men dance naked :D

NiCo
12-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey, my name is NiCo and i'm a lurkaholic...

Wait you already know me...

Never mind! Tea anyone? =]

FireflyGG
12-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Every time I see NiCo's avatar, I instantly think "OMG! What? What have I done?" and then I feel guilty. lol

NiCo
12-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Every time I see NiCo's avatar, I instantly think "OMG! What? What have I done?" and then I feel guilty. lol

Haha! What have you done? You must have done something to think that way? Hmmm... :heehee:

Lorileah
12-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I shall dance naked for their amusement, as well. :GD: (Don't care what you say, Firefly. It could work!)

My eyes! My eyes! Oh what a world what a world....ohhh what a body...this isn't half bad, c'mon dancing boy *waves two dollar bill*

I think that Miranda's and my beauty are the attraction forlurkers but that's just me. I mean honestly what FtM could resist us? But they know, we are hard to date so they admire us from afar. Sorta like a loss leader to get people into this section:whistling:

WalT
12-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I'd classify as a lurker but I actually post in here sometimes. :tongueout

And mmm tea.

Miranda09
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
My eyes! My eyes! Oh what a world what a world....ohhh what a body...this isn't half bad, c'mon dancing boy *waves two dollar bill*

I think that Miranda's and my beauty are the attraction forlurkers but that's just me. I mean honestly what FtM could resist us? But they know, we are hard to date so they admire us from afar. Sorta like a loss leader to get people into this section:whistling:

Lori forgot to mention that we come as a package deal!!! :heehee: Now THAT should bring the boys in!!! :D

DeeInGeorgia
12-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I am a part time activist, ie. member of Diversity Council at work, VP of PRIDE Affinity Group at work and token trans member of Affinity Group, I lurk to understand your problems and get a sense of how you think and what offends you so I can better represent you at educational activities I may participate in.

Deanna

NiCo
12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I am a part time activist, ie. member of Diversity Council at work, VP of PRIDE Affinity Group at work and token trans member of Affinity Group, I lurk to understand your problems and get a sense of how you think and what offends you so I can better represent you at educational activities I may participate in.

Deanna

Females will never understand males and males will never understand females ;)

Oh and males never understand anything...or so my gf keeps blabbering on about! :doh:

Faith_G
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I like how, on average, posts tend to be more insighful over here.You mean you don't care what color people's panties are or whether or not they are wearing toenail polish? :eek: :devil:

Ze
12-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Wow. :eek: People are actually in here.

Hi everyone! :wave: It's awesome to see that you stopped in to say hello! Keep it up!

And that message is meant for the actual lurkers. Those of you who already post here all the time can stop doing so. :tongueout Okay, so I kid...maybe...;)

Miranda09
12-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Well, since I've only posted here once, that can't possibly be referring to me!!!! :)

sheidelmeidel
12-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Lurking is like dressing... you're an undercover agent... so you can understand why it's popular....:lol2:

emoglassesenvy
12-04-2009, 04:12 AM
i do my fair share of lurking... just because i don't think i have anything worthwhile to contribute. but i like reading about you guys and the stuff you've got going on, it helps me understand what my ftm boyfriend might be going through :cute:

TG-Taru
12-04-2009, 05:55 AM
Tea anyone? =]

Yes please, got Earl Grey, green?

Oh, hi all. Not the first time I've posted here, though haven't done so often.

noeleena
12-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi..DiCo.
do you really belive that male s & females dont know much about each other .....
So what if your born in the middle .. & you know both sides . I m not saying you know every thing just you do understand how we think . & comeing from both perpectives .
now the problem is how do i say it , as a woman or a man .........

...noeleena...

NiCo
12-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Yes please, got Earl Grey, green?

I have all types of tea, i'm the tea master! MWHAHAHAAA :devil:

Hi..DiCo.
do you really belive that male s & females dont know much about each other .....
So what if your born in the middle .. & you know both sides . I m not saying you know every thing just you do understand how we think . & comeing from both perpectives .
now the problem is how do i say it , as a woman or a man .........

...noeleena...

Yes i do believe [my own opinion, not fact?] males don't know much about females, and females don't know much about males unless they have had a lot of insight to each other, for example, a male who can get in touch with their feminine side and vice versa...as for the whole intersex stuff, i am intersex, and still don't understand females lol ;)

SirTrey
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I didn't transition for many reasons until I was older, but I don't understand women at all....and I never did....How your brain functions has a lot to do with understanding the way people think...and social conditioning can teach you behaviors, but doesn't alter your perceptions of things or how you process them in your head. :drink::drink::drink::2c:

Thornton
12-04-2009, 12:32 PM
So, I think I've become somewhat of a lurker here as well, at least....while school is in...on breaks, I'll probably say a hell of a lot more, like I used too...

To add to the current discussion...I don't understand women, either...but then...I don't understand men....or genderqueers...

I don't understand people. They scare me :taom:

WalT
12-04-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't understand people. They scare me :taom:I understand people about 50% of the time. They still scare me. :P

Now there will be things I never quite understand why people do, like taking left turns on a street when the next one has a left turn lane....

FireflyGG
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
So, I think I've become somewhat of a lurker here as well, at least....while school is in...on breaks, I'll probably say a hell of a lot more, like I used too...

To add to the current discussion...I don't understand women, either...but then...I don't understand men....or genderqueers...

I don't understand people. They scare me :taom:

But you do understand the value of a really good (expensive) chocolate cupcake so in the end that's all that matters. :D

Oh! I forgot to put in my tea order. Chai please. :battingeyelashes:

sexotik
12-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow. :eek: People are actually in here.

Hi everyone! :wave: It's awesome to see that you stopped in to say hello! Keep it up!

Yep people are here and they're here to stay. Just swung by to say hi to everyone. :wave: I'm not much of a lurker, I butt in though. Gonna try to butt in some conversations here as long as I can bring something to the table.

I've decided to expand my horizons and to leave the 18-25 section to try to understand what the other half feels and thinks. In a way to try to be in your shoes.I guess some people wouldn't wanna be in my heels though.

Someone here once said this "We're are all here to learn from each other, we're all here to teach one another". Summs it up the idea of the website.

Ze
12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Glad to see you again, sexotik. :) I've always liked your input.

sexotik
12-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Glad to see you again, sexotik. :) I've always liked your input.

Thnx Ze, though I tend to ramble.

Picklebob
12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't really lurk, I post a bit, and read Ze's romance thread. The interesting threads here and on the 18-25 section don't get buried by the "OMG! Shoes!" threads.

Aubrey Green
12-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm thinking we were all lurkers at one time or another. I lurked for about an hour before I joined.

Ze, the moustache would look good with some Elvis sideburns.

kurokaze
12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi, so very glad I can post in this section. I might occasionally lurk though.

(rather, I'll occassionally go absent... I think lurking is technically when you peek at the posts but don't post any responses)

Ze
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi, so very glad I can post in this section. I might occasionally lurk though.

(rather, I'll occassionally go absent... I think lurking is technically when you peek at the posts but don't post any responses)

And the irony is that, by informing us of this, you've ruined your own streak! :heehee:

kurokaze
12-16-2009, 01:48 PM
And the irony is that, by informing us of this, you've ruined your own streak! :heehee:

ruined my stuff... yep that's how I roll.

***headbutts the wall to add a new hole***

Ze
12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
***headbutts the wall to add a new hole***

We have a smiley for that! ---> :wall:

And one referring to a desk. ---> :hd:

:D

carolinoakland
12-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi Ze, I'm the education co chair for a local trans group. And while we purport to be THE trans group I don't see a lot of transmen attending our socials, there is a transman group we are linked with, and yes, I do believe that both groups (MTF and FTM ) have specific centric topics that it helps to have another person 'just like me' to talk to I worry that we'll become a girls club and a boys club, and in effect defend the gender binary that most of us have struggled to overcome. Which is why I try to attend their socials and encourage them to come to ours. Like I said, there are specifics to the target gender that are unique to each group. But the emotions of what it's like to walk out that door for the first time looking 'right' are not, and the feelings of family and friends that we all have to deal with are much the same, and we shoot ourselves in the foot for not reaching out to each other and supporting each other. The one thing typical of ALL (And I know i'm setting myself up as a target here for trying to use a blanket term for everyone.) is that we think we are the one and only person to feel this way, and the rush of joy when we find out that's not true is followed by a need to join in...
so come on in! Whatcha drinkin? Hey, I might be girlie but I still love a good NASCAR race ( I swear I WILL see a night race at Bristol before I die!) . Talk to you soon. Carol

Ze
12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
:heehee: Nice to formally meet you, Carolin. :wave:

Elle44
12-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Today is the first I surfed or lurked here, but like has been said we're all in the same boat, just a little different from the norm, whatever that is. LOL sometimes I think we're normal and they aren't. funny I remember Cher Bono once said if she was born male, she would have been a crossdresser. Her daughter is now becoming a male to match his inside gender. But not all members of TG community are the same. Most CD just love to dress and look like women, and don't even think about changing their gender, on the other hand some TS only want female hormones and the shape including breasts and hips and lose the hair, but leave the toolbox as is. This is only my second post here in FtM, seems we all have similar issues, when there shouldn't be any issues at all. Society is comming around a bit more to accepting all of us and so are the lawmakers, and it's about time!

Dutchess
12-22-2009, 12:57 AM
oh me, me ,me , me , me ,,It's me,, although I havent been on for a while , I always stop by . you all are the most interesting , handsome group of guys I have seen in quite some time, but I feel like I dont have anything of any sort of value to contribute - married to a CD-er so i feel like I should just sit and stay quiet ,, darn it ....

SirTrey
12-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Awwww......Thank you, Dutchess.....:) Please feel free to comment, though....As you see, we don't bite....And, comments are always welcome here....Thanks for stopping by! :thumbsup: :drink:

Stitch
12-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I've been lurking a lot of late. Not just in this subforum though, but the whole forum. I'm terrible for that. I really ought to stop by and chat more often. :)

Dutchess
12-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Awwww......Thank you, Dutchess.....:) Please feel free to comment, though....As you see, we don't bite....And, comments are always welcome here....Thanks for stopping by! :thumbsup: :drink:

Well that and I seemed to have developed a slight crush on someone here:heehee:

so I sort of admire from afar .......

Ze
01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I assume the others are so confused that they don't even post. ;)

Presh GG
01-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Ok.... all right, you caught me

But I was'nt lurking, really I was'nt :wasntme:

so hi and g'night

Busted again :o

Presh GG

Ze
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi, Presh. :love:

RachelZ
01-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm not lurking... :hiding:

Presh GG
01-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi Ze !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You for the Flowers,
Back at ya:love:

G It's nice and clean in here [ looks around ]
Think I'll move in

Presh # 1 fan

Ze
01-09-2010, 02:50 PM
*brushes cookie crumbs under carpet* :whistling:

Paige.
01-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Just thought I would come lurk a bit myself and see these good looking men. Kinda fun to be a lurker looker.

christina marie
01-15-2010, 02:50 PM
have been known to take a peek in here from time to time . momma said to stay away from the boys,but they're awful cute! any of you guys like rum? i have a barrel stashed around here somewhere. . .

Ze
01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
We boys can be bad. :devil: We've been known to pull pigtails and such.

PretzelGirl
01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Snips and snails and puppy dog tails. Yuk! :yucky:

Ze
01-16-2010, 11:49 AM
You trying to say that you don't like puppies? You're a puppy hater?! :eek:

~Emma D~
01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
not sure if i'm lurking or not, have posted a couple of times in the past though - so must be

how about a song for the lurkers by The Lurkers:devil:

'The Lurkers' are a UK Punk Band, originally formed in 1977.
One of the there best known tracks was;

'I dont need to tell her - i'm a super fella', its on You Tube and other sites, listen to it, its good old fashioned punk music similar to the Ramones:D

thats me finished lurking:D
Sarah

Elric
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM
We boys can be bad. :devil: We've been known to pull pigtails and such.

Bad Ze, no biccie for you. ;-)

This was a nice catch-up thread for me.

I've been simply "away", not even lurking.

But I suspect there are those who are silent lurkers, wishing to glean from reading, rather than ask questions. In truth, this forum is a font of information if one seeks.

But I think what's also nice is the sharing of stories, the highs and lows etc. We always feel more comfortable with ourselves if we don't feel so alone.

I'm rambling again, aren't I?

Ze
02-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I've been simply "away", not even lurking.

I've noticed. :sniffle I'm glad you're back, though!