PDA

View Full Version : Introducing our Online Store

Paulina-xoxo
12-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey Everyone!

We are very proud and excited to introduce our brand new Crossdressers.com branded online store to all our loyal forum members! Over the past several months we have been developing the store - located at http://shop.crossdressers.com - with YOU in mind. We have actively researched which products our members would be most interested in, and will be adding more and more items to the store as quickly as possible. In addition to this, we have been working closely with your wonderful group of forum staff in order to make this new shop addition as seamless as possible. A big thank you goes out to all of them for their extremely useful feedback in getting the store to where it is right now.

First, a little background about our company. We are pretty much brand new to the e-commerce business after managing mostly community and forum based websites for the last couple of years. This is one of the first stores we are launching and we are extremely excited about it! We feel that the crossdressers.com brand is a powerful one, and we can leverage that into not only building a financially successful store, but a place that people in the market for CD focused products can come and get what they need in an efficient and discreet manner. In short, we feel this is a win-win proposition for everyone involved...and we hope you feel the same after checking out the shop!

The team behind this new online shop is fully committed to preserving the spirit and community that have made the crossdressers.com forums what they are today. It is with that in mind that we encourage everyone to drop by the shop and provide us with valuable feedback on what we can do to improve. Looking for something currently not offered? Let us know here or send a PM and we will work on it as soon as possible.

And as a special introductory thanks to our loyal forum members, we will be offering fast and discreet shipping FREE to everyone for a limited time. And on top of that, use the promo code CDFORUM at checkout to get an extra 15% off your order of $75 or more!

Thanks for taking the time to check out the new shop. We hope you are as excited by it as we are! And I will be sticking around to answer any questions and gather all feedback, so keep it coming :)

Shop.Crossdressers.com

Angel.Marie76
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Great idea!

I took a look at the site, and so far I like the organization. Obviously, with the site just coming out of the closet so-to-speak, I'll not be too critical of anything.

Kudos to you folks for coming up with the effort!

I note that, on the little poll in the corner, the few options listed. It is certianly a good start. I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions from everyone, but for me - SHOES are the go-to item of choice. If nothing else, when I'm shopping about the stores, online or otherwise, I have, bar none, the HARDEST time finding quality women's shoes in sizes of 11, 11w, 12, and 12w. I've even found that a good 10.5w will work at times depending on production.

For the FtM folks out there, I'm sure that things like binders / binding wraps might be handy too - Trying to keep those fellas in mind! :)

docrobbysherry
12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
It was a pleasant surprise to see it as I opened your page today! I DO have a couple of questions! ( Don't I ALWAYS?):brolleyes:

Will u be posting the BRANDS of the items u sell? That could make it EASIER for us to compare your products with other sites we already do business with!:D

Please don't misunderstand this one! :doh:
I'm just curious! Who receives the profits from your sales? And what will they be used for? If they r used to IMPROVE, and/or SUPPORT this site, that MITE make a DIFFERENCE in our decisions to purchase!:)
If it's none of my business, OK!:o I understand!:thumbsup:

PS: I tried to PM u, Paulina, and couldn't! U mentioned PMs in your post. But, WHO, and WHERE?

Paulina-xoxo
12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Great idea!

I took a look at the site, and so far I like the organization. Obviously, with the site just coming out of the closet so-to-speak, I'll not be too critical of anything.

Kudos to you folks for coming up with the effort!

I note that, on the little poll in the corner, the few options listed. It is certianly a good start. I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions from everyone, but for me - SHOES are the go-to item of choice. If nothing else, when I'm shopping about the stores, online or otherwise, I have, bar none, the HARDEST time finding quality women's shoes in sizes of 11, 11w, 12, and 12w. I've even found that a good 10.5w will work at times depending on production.

For the FtM folks out there, I'm sure that things like binders / binding wraps might be handy too - Trying to keep those fellas in mind! :)

Thank you so much for your feedback! Please let me know if you have any other ideas too. I'm currently working with several other vendors in getting more products in the store and shoes are at the top of my list of things to do! As you mentioned, finding QUALITY shoes isn't easy!

I hope you will continue to provide me with your comments or any other issues with the online store that you may encounter.

Paulina

Angel.Marie76
12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Thank you so much for your feedback! Please let me know if you have any other ideas too. I'm currently working with several other vendors in getting more products in the store and shoes are at the top of my list of things to do! As you mentioned, finding QUALITY shoes isn't easy!

I hope you will continue to provide me with your comments or any other issues with the online store that you may encounter.

Paulina

Well shoot, I know that http://www.legavenue.com/ is like the De-Facto standard that a lot of the shops I know of get their stocking and other misc. supplies from.

I know you listed makeup and all, and, honestly, I don't really want to get into a suggestive conversation in regards other than to suggest Ben Nye Makeup / theatrical supplies www.bennye.com. I know Karren H. would have FAR more suggestions about makeup than I. ;) I just know that there's a costume shop near where I live, and they supply the Ben Nye supplies, and also the store that I visited out in Vegas (Studio Lites) had the entire array of the Nye line that they use for makeovers.

Paulina-xoxo
12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
It was a pleasant surprise to see it as I opened your page today! I DO have a couple of questions! ( Don't I ALWAYS?):brolleyes:

Will u be posting the BRANDS of the items u sell? That could make it EASIER for us to compare your products with other sites we already do business with!:D

Please don't misunderstand this one! :doh:
I'm just curious! Who receives the profits from your sales? And what will they be used for? If they r used to IMPROVE, and/or SUPPORT this site, that MITE make a DIFFERENCE in our decisions to purchase!:)
If it's none of my business, OK!:o I understand!:thumbsup:

PS: I tried to PM u, Paulina, and couldn't! U mentioned PMs in your post. But, WHO, and WHERE?

Thank you for your feedback! Tamara is great and fixed the PM problem for me! I'm still figuring this all out.

I will see what we can do about getting the brand names for all the products online. We do have some brand names posted - our breast forms are Gold Seal and Transforms and Secret Shapes for the breast enhancers. I'll work on getting the others up ASAP.

As far as the profits, they will be reinvested into the domain name - which includes both the forum and online shop.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Best Wishes!

I know you listed makeup and all, and, honestly, I don't really want to get into a suggestive conversation in regards other than to suggest Ben Nye Makeup / theatrical supplies www.bennye.com (http://www.bennye.com). I know Karren H. would have FAR more suggestions about makeup than I. ;) I just know that there's a costume shop near where I live, and they supply the Ben Nye supplies, and also the store that I visited out in Vegas (Studio Lites) had the entire array of the Nye line that they use for makeovers.

I've already started communicating with Ben Nye Makeup - and we are working out the details. I really appreciate all this feedback and hope they keep on coming!

AlisonWood
12-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Shop is an EXCELLENT idea....making products available here is so smart - hopefully volume of visitors to this site will let everybody benefit from great deals - congrats!

AlisonRenee
12-03-2009, 01:18 PM
This online store is a wonderful idea! Smart move, you've already got your target market right here. I will be shopping and looking forward to this. :)

Alice B
12-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Very nice and I just ordered the padded panties. But, the promotional code you provided did not work.

Paulina-xoxo
12-03-2009, 03:40 PM
This online store is a wonderful idea! Smart move, you've already got your target market right here. I will be shopping and looking forward to this. :)

Shop is an EXCELLENT idea....making products available here is so smart - hopefully volume of visitors to this site will let everybody benefit from great deals - congrats!

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments!

Very nice and I just ordered the padded panties. But, the promotional code you provided did not work.

The discount code CDFORUM is good for purchases $75 or more. However, we are offering free discrete shipping directly to you!

Toni_Lynn
12-03-2009, 06:08 PM

I agree 100%. To be inclusive the shop must offer packies and binders at least. Remember, they hold up half of the TG sky!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Holly
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
How about some CD.com logo items, such as coffee cups, keychains, tee shirts, make-up bags... you get the idea. I'd love to have a cup with the logo on it sitting on my desk while reading the forum. I can see a lot of possibilities there.

jenna_woods
12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I checked it out I hope its sucessiful, I will keep it in mind wen ordering,

Sally2005
12-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Not opposed to the idea, but does the store conform to the same policies for images that are enforced on this site? On first glance, the store seems a little too graphic for young or family members who might not want to see breasts, for example. Would it not be better to move the 'intimates' to a sub menu and make the store front dedicated to education and history?

Kerigirl2009
12-03-2009, 08:23 PM
:) I like the shop. I am still looking for flat shoes (cute) in a size 14 I also would love the make-up for beard cover. looks good so far.:)

lisalove
12-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Is there a chance that you will accept Pay Pal? I don't have a credit card, and even if I did I wouldn't use it for anything on-line.

Miranda09
12-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi Paulina...looks like you've got a great line of items and at competitive prices. I like it!! :)

MizT
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I guess sometimes it is best just to keep quiet...

good luck...

TG-Taru
12-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Be sure to add international sizing tables, at the very least mention what sort of sizing is listed. In addition to large shoes (not just fancy ones mind), I'd like to see affordable, stylish but still convincing wigs.

And yes agree, maybe not have the forms pics and such first thing on the front page, slightly more discreet on entry to the shop.

erickka
12-04-2009, 07:09 AM
I quickly browsed the store and was quite impressed with the layout. Very easy to navigate, etc. I have only one suggetion, though. In the breast form section, you do not mention if they are per each or per pair. As the way it is laid out, it infers that they are per each. Some people may be a little confused if it is not clearly stated in the ordering. Other than that, Kudos to you all for your continuing efforts for the crossdressing community.

Paulina-xoxo
12-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree 100%. To be inclusive the shop must offer packies and binders at least. Remember, they hold up half of the TG sky!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

We have been looking into additional products for the store for the FtM members. I've also looked into testosterone and smaller size shoes with lifts. It's taken a lot of effort and finances to get us to this point and we hope we are such a success that we will be able to grow into an online store that everybody can benefit from.

I guess sometimes it is best just to keep quiet...

good luck...

It would be better for us if you inform me of your concerns! I'm here to answer ALL your questions and address your concerns. We want to grow the online shop into a place where everybody is comfortable. Please feel free to contact me with your concerns at any time!

I quickly browsed the store and was quite impressed with the layout. Very easy to navigate, etc. I have only one suggetion, though. In the breast form section, you do not mention if they are per each or per pair. As the way it is laid out, it infers that they are per each. Some people may be a little confused if it is not clearly stated in the ordering. Other than that, Kudos to you all for your continuing efforts for the crossdressing community.

Thank you so much for pointing this out - what an oversight! We have updated the website as the price is for a pair of breast forms.

Is there a chance that you will accept Pay Pal? I don't have a credit card, and even if I did I wouldn't use it for anything on-line.

Right now all we accept is PayPal! We are also in the process of programming Amazon Checkout and I am very close to finalizing our merchant account and we will be accepting credit card orders through our own merchant account on a secure server.

Not opposed to the idea, but does the store conform to the same policies for images that are enforced on this site? On first glance, the store seems a little too graphic for young or family members who might not want to see breasts, for example. Would it not be better to move the 'intimates' to a sub menu and make the store front dedicated to education and history?

And yes agree, maybe not have the forms pics and such first thing on the front page, slightly more discreet on entry to the shop.

The store will never post any adult content, however we are selling products geared towards MtF and eventually FtM, which includes prosthetics of breasts and possibly male genitalia in the future. The front page is programmed to show the most popular products that are searched for and will rotate out depending on what is the popular items are at the time. We want the store to become profitable and marketing practices dictate that we provide easy access to the popular products, so we won't be removing these products from the front page display.

The forum is already a great resource for education and history, don't you think?

tuck n9ne
12-04-2009, 03:57 PM
this is so perfect! i just ordered my first gaff!

Paulina-xoxo
12-04-2009, 04:06 PM
this is so perfect! i just ordered my first gaff!

And we just shipped it out to you! You should be receiving your gaff by Monday - please let me know what you think after you receive it!

trisha59
12-04-2009, 05:39 PM

In regard to being discreet, I have been on some other sites that I felt dirty after looking at them. This site certainly does not do that. You have to show what sells.

Paulina-xoxo
12-04-2009, 07:04 PM
In regard to being discreet, I have been on some other sites that I felt dirty after looking at them. This site certainly does not do that. You have to show what sells.

THANK YOU! We certainly want you to be comfortable with your shopping experience!

StephanieC
12-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't quite understand the difference between the enhancers and the secret shapers. If the objective is to embellish what little exists, how would each be useful?

Xenia
12-05-2009, 08:04 AM
The store is off to a great start, and I look forward to doing some shopping there in the future!

However.....

The poll about which products we'd like to see includes the option "hormones." I do hope this isn't being seriously considered, because whether you're thinking about the so-called "herbal" stuff (which is a scam) or actual hormones (which are immensely powerful medications that need to be taken under the careful supervision of a licensed physician), this would be a bad bad bad bad bad (did I mention bad?) idea. Sort of like, say, weightlifters.com deciding to open a store selling anabolic steroids.

Mistybtm
12-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Great start.
Maybe add paypal as a payment option.:2c:

Paulina-xoxo
12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't quite understand the difference between the enhancers and the secret shapers. If the objective is to embellish what little exists, how would each be useful?

It's a personal preference - and depends on what you're wearing. The secret shapers are hard, whereas the enhancers are a soft silicone based enhancer. I personally like to wear the nippled secret shaper in a bra with a t-shirt. But I use the silicone enhancers when I want more cleavage. Does that make sense?

Great start.
Maybe add paypal as a payment option.:2c:

Right now we only offer PayPal as a payment option, but will be adding our own credit card processing over secure server and Amazon Checkout as a payment option.

The store is off to a great start, and I look forward to doing some shopping there in the future!

However.....

The poll about which products we'd like to see includes the option "hormones." I do hope this isn't being seriously considered, because whether you're thinking about the so-called "herbal" stuff (which is a scam) or actual hormones (which are immensely powerful medications that need to be taken under the careful supervision of a licensed physician), this would be a bad bad bad bad bad (did I mention bad?) idea. Sort of like, say, weightlifters.com deciding to open a store selling anabolic steroids.

Right now the poll is just to get ideas on what everybody would like to see in the store and does not mean that everything in the poll will be available thru our store. We just need to get an overall feeling of what people are looking for.

I can assure you though, after working with this company for almost 2 years, that they would never want to offer a scam or endanger anyone. If they do decide to stock that product, I am positive that they would investigate it fully and comply to any necessary regulations. :)

Butterfly Bill
12-05-2009, 04:55 PM
:iagree:

It looks like the merchandise is strictly for people who want to pass, which I am not. My problem has been finding ordinary items in sizes large enough, especially shoes.

tuck n9ne
12-07-2009, 05:38 PM
alright just got it! and i love it! hopefully will be ordring more stuff after the holidays! thanks for the speedy delivery!

Paulina-xoxo
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
:iagree:

It looks like the merchandise is strictly for people who want to pass, which I am not. My problem has been finding ordinary items in sizes large enough, especially shoes.

I'm working hard on adding more products - including clothes, shoes and lingerie :) I will be posting a few notices here to let you know as new things come in!

alright just got it! and i love it! hopefully will be ordring more stuff after the holidays! thanks for the speedy delivery!

:) Customer service is a main priority with the company and I am so happy that you love it!

NatashaCD
12-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi great store will you be supplying a service to Australia at all if so will the free shipping still apply thank you.

Rebecca Jayne
12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
What a wonderful site, you have a good start to the 20% rule of product mix.

80% of your business comes from 20% of your merchandise.

I saw several items that caught my eye..

Is there a measurement on the breast enhancers that come with and w/o nipple. No size reference so I'm sure they are a handful.

Thanks and good luck.

Paulina-xoxo
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi great store will you be supplying a service to Australia at all if so will the free shipping still apply thank you.

At this time we do not support international shipping, however we are looking to add this to our shipping options soon. Though we will not be able to offer the same "Free Shipping" internationally and would charge the standard fees from the shipping carrier.

What a wonderful site, you have a good start to the 20% rule of product mix.

80% of your business comes from 20% of your merchandise.

I saw several items that caught my eye..

Is there a measurement on the breast enhancers that come with and w/o nipple. No size reference so I'm sure they are a handful.

Thanks and good luck.

We plan on adding more products very soon, but we did try to start with the basic MtF products first. :)

The Secret Shapes (with and without nipples) are small breasts that would not be noticeable when wearing regular male clothing. A discrete form you can wear for your own pleasure without attracting attention.

They are attachable and concave enough to fit over your natural pecs, they add the weight and feel of small breasts without the tell-tale bulge on your chest. Sometimes you will find that breast forms are just a little too small to fully fill a bra or you want to be rounder or a bit larger. Secret Shapes will blend with your breast forms for that special look. May also be placed behind your breast forms to increase projection.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about these products and I'll be happy to assist you!

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Holy moly! Some of the stuff there isn't all that interesting to me, but I'm sure liking the look of this (http://www.crossdresser.com/product_page_detail.asp?ProductID=1432&ProductCatID=1&ProductSubCatID=2&Search=)! Now if I just had the money. :( Let's see, that, and I'm guessing that the size indicates what size you'd be with the product on? Since the smallest size is 36C. Hmm, VS sizes me at 38B / 36C just bare chested, WITHOUT forms. >_> I don't really want to be much bigger than that, so I guess I'd get the smallest size there. I dunno. :-/

Karren H
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I've viewed it a few times but would rather buy everything I can locally.. Help support the local economy and make sure everything fits before I buy it..

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I've viewed it a few times but would rather buy everything I can locally.. Help support the local economy and make sure everything fits before I buy it..

Heh, well if you know of any place local to the Dallas/Fort Worth area where I can buy that "breast bra," I guess is what you call it...what I linked to in my last post... If you know of a place where I can buy that locally and try it on first, let me know! ;) Otherwise, that site looks like the only option. I've never seen something like that before! It's definitely on my wish list, people! *hint hint wink!* :D

sallyjones
12-10-2009, 11:29 PM
i need shoes!!!!!!!!! please sell shoes some of us have a very limited resource for shoe . thank you

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Holy moly! Some of the stuff there isn't all that interesting to me, but I'm sure liking the look of this (http://www.crossdresser.com/product_page_detail.asp?ProductID=1432&ProductCatID=1&ProductSubCatID=2&Search=)!

OK I bought one!!! I will keep you all posted on how I like it once it comes in. ^_^

Tamara Croft
12-13-2009, 09:17 AM
I've viewed it a few times but would rather buy everything I can locally.. Help support the local economy and make sure everything fits before I buy it..What about supporting this site? Haven't we done enough for you guys over the years, by running this board free? I'm not saying you have to buy anything, I just think what you said Karren was a bit wrong.

linnea
12-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I like the store idea and I've browsed in it already. I think, as some others have written, that some items with the website logo on them would be very fun. Also, for me, shoes are one of my most difficult items to find (I know of some sites that have the large sizes that I need, but often they offer 4", 5", and other--to my taste--outrageous styles).
Jewelry is another difficult area. I can find earrings and necklaces galore with no problem. However, to find a pretty bracelet or a lovely ring that is lovely but not gaudy is quite difficult.
A PayPal payment option would be great, and perhaps books and CD's (hmmm, I mean the kind you put into a machine and play--lol) would be another product line to develop.
The bottom line for me, though, is that you have put together something very nice for our community, and I really appreciate it--and I'll use it.
Thank you.

Tamara Croft
12-13-2009, 09:36 AM
linnea
Right now all we accept is PayPal!;)

linnea
12-13-2009, 09:40 AM
OOOPS! I guess that I didn't pay good enough attention. Thank you.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-13-2009, 11:00 AM
What about supporting this site? Haven't we done enough for you guys over the years, by running this board free? I'm not saying you have to buy anything, I just think what you said Karren was a bit wrong.

If it makes you feel any better, I checked this site's store too to see if they carried one of those breast-bras. Would have bought it from this site if so! :)

dancinginthedark
12-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Paulina I have the same problem as several of the ladies here. Finding rings that will fit me. Could you look into carrying rings in sizes 10 and larger?

And shoes in larger sizes (11--16). Not sure % wise on those sizes; maybe the ladies could give you some input via a poll on the store page?

Kitty Sue
12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
If only this store could sell FtM products like the following site does. You know, try and not leave a very important part of the community standing on the sidelines. I certainly will not be supporting the store until it at least pretends to cater to the FtM board members. As I said before an apology only counts if followed by action.

http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/

Paulina-xoxo
12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
If only this store could sell FtM products like the following site does. You know, try and not leave a very important part of the community standing on the sidelines. I certainly will not be supporting the store until it at least pretends to cater to the FtM board members. As I said before an apology only counts if followed by action.

http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/

I have been researching the FtM products and we are negotiating with vendors to carry products very soon. I've been looking at products such as compression shirts. It has been very difficult to find vendors for the FtM products, but I haven't given up! If you have any other vendor suggestions for me, I would certainly appreciate it!

I also checked out the site you mentioned and had a hard time finding the products that they sell and only found one link that went directly to a sex toy store. I don't think we'll be carrying sex toys for this store. Am I missing something? Can you just send me the direct link to the products that they are selling?

Paulina I have the same problem as several of the ladies here. Finding rings that will fit me. Could you look into carrying rings in sizes 10 and larger?

And shoes in larger sizes (11--16). Not sure % wise on those sizes; maybe the ladies could give you some input via a poll on the store page?

Thanks for the suggestions! I have been investigating the larger size shoes and haven't confirmed a vendor as of yet, but hopefully am getting close. I haven't looked into the jewelry merchandise yet, but it is on my list of things to do and I will make sure that I research for the larger sizes rings too!

AmandaM
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Did I miss the annoucement? Who's running the store, etc?

AmandaM
12-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for pointing me to this thread. Avon sells larger bracelets, necklaces, and rings in cute fem styles that are not gaudy or large, i.e., they look just like the regular stuff for women at the mall. Some are larger in diameter, some have extenders. You might want to check with them or find out who their suppliers are.

P.S. The CDer's theme is kinda drag-queeny, I'd change her to be more upscale. But that's just me.

Paulina-xoxo
12-30-2009, 02:13 PM
i need shoes!!!!!!!!! please sell shoes some of us have a very limited resource for shoe . thank you

We will be carrying shoes beginning in January 2010, which right now includes heels & boots ranging from 2" to 6" high. Personally, I can't walk in the higher heels, so I'm also working with another shoe company that carries more casual shoes such as flats and sandals and hope to secure them in a few weeks so that I can launch all the shoes at one time.

Did I miss the annoucement? Who's running the store, etc?

Hi! My name is Paulina and I was hired to help run the online store. I'll be making announcements to the forum regarding products and offering special sales and discounts. I am also available to receive recommendations, feedback, questions and handle any issues or concerns regarding the online store. :)

Thanks for pointing me to this thread. Avon sells larger bracelets, necklaces, and rings in cute fem styles that are not gaudy or large, i.e., they look just like the regular stuff for women at the mall. Some are larger in diameter, some have extenders. You might want to check with them or find out who their suppliers are.

P.S. The CDer's theme is kinda drag-queeny, I'd change her to be more upscale. But that's just me.

I have secured a vendor for some jewelry - mostly necklaces, earrings and bracelets - but it is more formal wear, then every day. I'm investigating other vendors too, but I haven't had any luck finding nice, quality rings in the larger sizes. Like you said, the ones I've found have been a bit too much.

My main priority with the store over the last month was to get more merchandise as the site originally launched with very few products. I agree the image on the front page isn't right and I have had some wonderful suggestions on how to improve that spot and to include the forum in this decision! This will be done after the new year.