PDA

View Full Version : The term 'underdressed'

MichelleT
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
To me the term 'underdressed' means that you are dressed casually for a formal occasion. Is that not a common meaning of the term?

It took me a while to figure out what it means here. :)

tonixd
12-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Ah. Underdressed. Inferus ornatus.

In the transgender world, it means to be wearing the under garments of the other gender whilst the outer garments of the socially acceptable gender.

IE, wearing a three-piece suit with a cami and panties. Wearing an evening gown and boxers.

Hope it helps!!

MissAmy
12-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I undress a lot even though I've done it in public only once. I had a little bikini under a polo shirt and jeans.

Karren H
12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Lol. As opposed to overdressed? Never liked the term underdressed......... Got to be something better out there.....

How about EnLingerie??

Enfemme means totally dressed and EnLingerie means wearing feminine underwear!! Yeah!! Add that one to the list!! :)

If you say it with a fake french accent it sounds really sexy.... Ennn Lingerieeeee!! Lol. Oooooo laaahh laaahh!!

AllieSF
12-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I like the definitions given. However, Karren, what do I call it when I actually dress en femme and then cover it up with baggy guy clothes just to get out the front door without my son asking unnecessary questions? En femme underdressing? Or, drab overdressing? Maybe hiding a secret dressing. Anyway you call it, it still works for me!

Karren H
12-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Why under-enfemme.... Or over-drab! Lol.

So doesn't he wonder why your dress is sticking out under your trench coat, Allie?

sherri52
12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Easily put-----you are dressed enfemme under your drab clothing

AllieSF
12-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Actually, I am waiting for him to ask, "What is wrong with your ass, Dad? It is so much bigger.", since our standing joke is "Dad, you have no ass at all." and my reply is, "Son, you have my genes and one day you will probably look just like me, skinny legs, no ass and all!"

Karren H
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Funny but our genes make it so we don't fill out womens jeans as well as we (you.. not me) would like? Lol I'm always yelling at my son to get off his fat ass and do something!!

GaleWarning
12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
The beauty of the English language is that so many words have multiple meanings!

British humour, in particular, could not exist without this facet.

sfwarbonnet
12-03-2009, 07:27 PM
The spell checker in Word wants underdressing to be two words.

kymmieLorain
12-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Well there seems to be two terms underdressed and underdressing. Underdressed is wearing clothing that is below what is acceptable for the occasion. Like wearing a polo and slacks to a black tie affair.

Underdressing is wearing lingerie under drab cloths.

Kymmie

Nigella23
12-03-2009, 07:49 PM
'O city ladies'
Your coats wrapped,
Your hips a possession
Your shoes arched
Your walk is sharp
Your breasts
Pertain to lingerie.

by George Oppen

I'm suggesting 'Pertaining' as the new term for underdressing.

jenna_woods
12-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Underdressed is wearing clothing that is below what is acceptable for the occasion. like panties and bra.

docrobbysherry
12-03-2009, 08:16 PM
The beauty of the English language is that so many words have multiple meanings!
British humour, in particular, could not exist without this facet.

YES, Clayfish!:thumbsup:

How's this one?
"When CDing, I RARELY ever under dress". (I mean that BOTH WAYS!):heehee:

However, when in drab, "I ALWAYS under dress"! ( One meaning only!):brolleyes:

Rebecca Jayne
12-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Means wearing flats to a gala ball

Bobbi Lynn
12-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Give it up Karren!

Emma England
12-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Lol. As opposed to overdressed? Never liked the term underdressed......... Got to be something better out there.....

How about EnLingerie??

Enfemme means totally dressed and EnLingerie means wearing feminine underwear!! Yeah!! Add that one to the list!! :)

If you say it with a fake french accent it sounds really sexy.... Ennn Lingerieeeee!! Lol. Oooooo laaahh laaahh!!

If you would like a new term, how about femling?

This sounds like it is a word, but it doesn't exist in the English language.

SarahLynn
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I like the definitions given. ....Maybe hiding a secret dressing. Anyway you call it, it still works for me!

Oooh no. Surely you're not hiding some secret french dressing under your otherwise drab-rags?? Or is it Bleu Cheese?? :heehee::heehee:

SarahLynn

Karren H
12-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Give it up Karren!

Never!! Ha!!

Femling... So close Emma.. How about InterFemme?? Vs OuterEnfemme? Or UberEnfemme... (Wearing lingerie, wearing just skirts and dresses, and wearing everything, respectively??). Inter..Uber eFemmling! Lol

Alicia Grey
12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
what do I call it when I actually dress en femme and then cover it up with baggy guy clothes just to get out the front door without my son asking unnecessary questions?

Camouflage

Frédérique
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
The spell checker in Word wants underdressing to be two words.

Yes, Clippit isn’t pleased. Not another round of crossdressing verbosity? Wake up, Clippit! :werd:*

I’m only underdressed (the crossdressing definition of the word) when I’m going through a manned checkpoint in the real world. As soon as I’m out of sight of those who would do me harm, I replace my outer femme layers and continue to mind my own business…:hmph:

*Mentioning spell-checking in “Word” reminds me of something that happened one day while I was typing a post. There was a mention about Disney within a thread, so I began to write a little missive about Disney, reality, and crossdressing – I know, a stretch, even for me. I typed the words Michael Eisner (Disney CEO and King of Hell), expecting a red line (indicating unknown spelling), but nothing happened! This means “Eisner” is OK with Word – how did this come about? I’m starting to think Big Brother is watching me, probably from his plastic castle… :eek: Needless to say, I abandoned that post, consigning it to the trash bin. Can I have my medal, please? :heehee:

KateW
12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Karen - I think I've got it! Hows about... drabulous!

Then we can say to other closeted ladies "you are looking absolutely drabulous today!"

xxx

AllieSF
12-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Sarah Lynn, maybe that is called under salad dressing?

Rachel05
12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh how I love to underdress, that esquisite feeling of gorgeous lingerie under the drab exterior and I can confirm that once you get past the initial nerves, it is quite addictive and very nice

SuzanneBender
12-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I like the definitions given. However, Karren, what do I call it when I actually dress en femme and then cover it up with baggy guy clothes just to get out the front door without my son asking unnecessary questions? En femme underdressing? Or, drab overdressing? Maybe hiding a secret dressing. Anyway you call it, it still works for me!

I would suggest enfemme underlingeried overdrabbed and I think this term sounds best if you use your best East German accent and say it as fast as possible.

My boys would never even notice all I have to do is toss them the X Box controller and I could run around the house dressed in a tutu,tiara, fishnets and 8" heels singing Ethel Merman at the top of my lungs and they wouldn't even flinch.

linnea
12-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Never!! Ha!!

Femling... So close Emma.. How about InterFemme?? Vs OuterEnfemme? Or UberEnfemme... (Wearing lingerie, wearing just skirts and dresses, and wearing everything, respectively??). Inter..Uber eFemmling! Lol

How about UnterFemme?

Carly D.
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Ah. Underdressed. Inferus ornatus.

In the transgender world, it means to be wearing the under garments of the other gender whilst the outer garments of the socially acceptable gender.

IE, wearing a three-piece suit with a cami and panties. Wearing an evening gown and boxers.

Hope it helps!!

To wear as much as you can get away with.. Whatever that is.. However much you think nobody will notice..