PDA

View Full Version : I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face

windycissy
12-04-2009, 01:25 AM
This morning while I was putting on my makeup, looking at myself in the mirror, this song came to me and I can't get it out of my head:

I've grown accustomed to her face.
She almost makes the day begin.
Her joys, her woes,
Her highs, her lows,
Are second nature to me now;
Like breathing out and breathing in.
I was serenely independent and content before we met;
Rather like a habit
One can always break-
And yet,
I've grown accustomed to her look;
Accustomed to her voice;
Accustomed to her face.

How true! The woman looking back at me in the mirrow has become a habit I can't break, and my serene male indepence has been replaced by endless hours of makeup, hair and clothes...all second nature to me now, I've grown accustomed to her face. And that's a good thing.

Persephone
12-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Brilliant!

DiannaRose
12-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I love it, Cissy! :)

Rachel Morley
12-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi Cissy,

I know exactly what you mean. I'm very fond of of that "girl in my mirror" too! When my wig goes on (the last thing I do) I always have a happy emotional state come over me and and I think to myself "ah .... yes, there she is! Welcome back". :)

Teri Jean
12-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Cissy I feel the same and when I have to dress drab for something it seems weird and unatural. The girl inside is now outside and the mirror is fully in front of me each morning and night.

Teri

Alicia Grey
12-04-2009, 10:44 AM
yes the girl in the mirror, is a friend that knows all my secrets, and loves me in spite of them. I'm sad when I have to put her away, but the next time, she is as happy to see me as I am to see her. And yet we are one.

docrobbysherry
12-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Prof. Higgins couldn't have sung it any better!:)

StaceyJane
12-04-2009, 04:04 PM
"My Fair Lady" is a great musical with lots of wonderful songs. I think you have found one that has really touched you.

sherri52
12-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Rex Harrison (prof. Higgens) was walking down the street when he sang that song. He wasn't looking in the mirror. you have an advantage over him, you get to see a pretty face in the mirror. He would have stop singing if he seen his reflection in the mirror.

SuzanneBender
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Cissy it is so true you brought a smile to my face.

pamela_a
12-04-2009, 04:31 PM
How very true Cissy and I'm happy her's is the only face the world sees from me anymore.

Now if I just need to help her look prettier.

windycissy
12-05-2009, 04:03 PM
"My Fair Lady" is a great musical with lots of wonderful songs. I think you have found one that has really touched you.

Indeed, another song from My Fair Lady ends with:

"Why can't a woman be like me?"

Think I found the answer to that question...