PDA

View Full Version : FFS surgery trip to chicago

Katesback
12-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi there everyone. I just thought I would write you and tell a story. Last week I made a final pilgrimage to Chicago where I recieved Facial Feminization surgery. Because this surgery requires a degree of attention that the reciepient cannot provided themselves, I offered to take my roomate as my caregiver.

Now my roomate is a crossdresser who at times can drive me insace with the cd crap (thankfully we have come to an understanding that I dont need to hear it).

In our plans he asked me if it was ok for him to go as a girl on the trip, and I basically said of course. But I would not be there to hold his hand. What I mean is if he is going to fly in the airport he needs to be on his own, if he is going to interace with people he needs to do it himself. With some hemming and hawing he agreed that it would be the one thing that would force him to actuallly learn to interact with the world. (I never use that moronic word that begins with P and if I annoy you then that is the goal).

He not only did the entire trip with flying colors but learned a lot of tricks that REAL women use. For example he had to go get me some supplies at times and instead of taking an hour to put on makeup he came to realize it was not nessessary.

All in all I have to give kudos to my CD roomate. He has begun to talk about full time and all that stuff which I shut him off real quick since its not my business. What I do tell him it to live his dream and!!

KAtie

Karren H
12-04-2009, 09:51 AM
God that sounds like a trip from hell... I've had trips like that where I've traveled with someone that constantly brow beats you down... Hope your "friend" / roomie gets over it soon..

Alicia Grey
12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Katie dear Katie, cd crap did you say?

Not everyone is on the same high level of feminization as you, or is capable of achieving your goal. Or has the desire to do so. Have patience and empathy for us poor mortals, for we all fall short of perfection.

docrobbysherry
12-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Not sure I'm familiar with that term! What does it mean, exactly?:eek:

suchacutie
12-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Did I miss the memo?

tina

Katesback
12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
OK you guys. I told you the story from my eyes. I realize that at times I am very impatientent with the trans stuff. On the other hand I cant tell you the list of girls who I have chewed thier asses out and then months later come up to me thanking me for that major kick in the ass.

As I said it before. LIfe is to short to not live your dream. Anything decesion otherwise is YOUR decision and you will be rewarded accordingly.

Kaitlyn Michele
12-04-2009, 12:53 PM
For what it's worth, I started transition back in July, and most of my "t" friends are crossdressers and we talk about the very real issues and concerns in all of our lives...i love my friends dearly..tg,ts,cd,gg, etc....

i have no idea what cd "crap" means...

when I had my ffs surgery, i felt honored and blessed that people I knew were willing to come and help me

Joan_CD
12-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Gee, if someone took a plane ride to help me recover from surgery I think I would have said thank you. But, thats just me... a cd!

Karren H
12-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Personally I would have gone for the AAS while in Chicago.... (Attitude Adjustment Surgery.).... Might be more useful in life than FFS in the long run... In my humble opinion.

Katesback
12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Attitude adjjustment eaa? Well I suppose. Let me ask you this, what do non transgender women and men think of us? If you answered something negative you are probably correct.

I lived through all the crap, I made my choices, and in my PERSONAL life I can tell you that my CD roomate if not kept under control can drive me freaking nuts.

Now with all that said I originally said that my cd roomate came with me to chicago. He went as a She in all travel aspects including the airport and all that stuff. He did just fine and learned a lot. I have said it before and will say it again to the trans people. All this fear over this and that is 99% self imposed fears.

Also my roomate probably stands at the top of the heap of CDs that REALLY go out in the REAL public. Not to toot my horn here but it was I that made him see the lite.

Vicki-Z
12-04-2009, 08:44 PM
All these years I have been wandering around in the dark. Never thought to get a lite. :heehee:

kellycan27
12-04-2009, 09:09 PM
:facepalm:

linnea
12-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Not sure I'm familiar with that term! What does it mean, exactly?:eek:

Compact Disc.

Jan W
12-04-2009, 10:14 PM
(I never use that moronic word that begins with P and if I annoy you then that is the goal).
KAtie

Dear Katie,

One:- Why is your goal to annoy people you don't even know and with whom you share a common interest? What's in it for you?

Two:- If the word is 'passing' and you consider it moronic, why would you have FFS?

Jan

Christa001
12-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Treating someone like that, thats there to help you is just not nice.....We are all in this together ...................

Amy Sue
12-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I am totally lost by this tread :confused: Katie why would you put down your roomie? Sounds like she took some big steps and it was nice to be there for you.

Amy :)

sterling12
12-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Katie are you some kind of kinfolk to Marilyn Maybe? Your here in Florida, and she seems to share your "gift." You seem to have a penchant for aggravating The Hell out of The Ladies! And you know what, they really don't easily aggravate.

I'm not sure if it's purposeful, but you have a style of writing on this
Forum that always seems to emphasize "us and them." Just a suggestion, but how about playing "nice?" Most of us around here are engaged in a revolution. We want Rights for all T-Folks, regardless of their "flavor." It does us no good to always emphasize our differences, nor our "superior abilities," as we pontificate to others about The One and True Path to Transgendered Glory.

We accept just about anyone, BUT you have to actually want to be a part of The Group. That means, a willingness to not provoke others! Seriously, we have had less rancor when we were discussing politics or religion.

Whether you like it or not, around here your a "newbie." Best way to get these gals angry is to assume that you have all knowledge. What we typically express around this Forum is Opinions, and that means that one idea isn't superior to another. If your Opinions are worded in a manner that does not offend, you'll get listened to a lot more!

peace and Love, Joanie

Joan Merrie
12-05-2009, 08:04 AM
:iagree::eek:

karynspanties
12-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Very "crappy" attitude you have going on there. I bet your "cd" friend would like to be known just as "your friend". I think that she is the one putting up with your "crap". I also think that she must be a very good friend to be willing to go through all of that just to help you out. I wish I had friends like that.

Rogina B
12-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Kate must have forgotten that she was born with the same "thingy"[lol] in her panties that most of us have as well. Hers may be turned inside out now,but that is what's different. Why don't you go get yourself pregnant and tell us CDers all about it!! Glad you had a facejob to make YOU MORE PASSABLE than the rest of us... We try to think about helping the T world move forward.Wish you could join us!:)

Kaitlyn Michele
12-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I feel sorry for you, and especially sorry for your friend

good luck..you will need it

JulieK1980
12-05-2009, 11:51 AM
With friends like you, I wouldn't need enemies..... I think its a shame you put down your "friend" so much in this thread, and I hope that someday, you realize we are all people, and learn to respect everyone, not just yourself.

But what do I know, I'm just a crappy CD......:brolleyes:

Toni_Lynn
12-05-2009, 12:00 PM
As we say here in Pittsburgh, something about this whole tale and other posts from Kate "don't make no good sense an' 'at".

If Kate is truly the TS she claims to be, could this be the first known case of estrogen poisoning ever :brolleyes:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Slim Jim
12-05-2009, 12:25 PM
The case of the disgruntled TS. oh my.

Karen564
12-05-2009, 03:38 PM
WOW!!!!!:outtahere:

Hope
12-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Is your roommate a child that needs to be kept under control or taught, by you, how to behave properly?

Maybe you need a new roommate, some one who will be less supportive of you, some one who won't fly across country to help you recover, someone who will make sure they don't annoy you, ever. I know if I were your roommate, I would be looking for a new one.

Tamera
12-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Did we forget that we all are from the same TG community? No matter where we are in our journey, we are all TG's and need to understand that though the branches of the tree may be different the base is the same. Not every one has the desire or the finances to achieve some of their transition as others and should not be "Shunned" because their level of TG is not the same as another.

Thats what SUPPORT GROUPS are all about.
Hugs,
Tamera

jenna_woods
12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Gee, if someone took a plane ride to help me recover from surgery I think I would have said thank you. but may be I don't understand

MJ
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
most of my friends are cd. why do you hate so much ?
are we not here to help each other... or did i get the wrong memo

Stephenie S
12-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Wait a minute guys. Isn't the OP praising how well her rommie behaved and how much he learned on the trip to Chicago?

I may be mistaken, but I read the OP as a positive, not a negative. The OP said that in the past the rommie had occasionally driven her nuts, but she had done really well on this trip.

Lovies,
Stephenie

MsJanessa
12-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Attitude adjjustment eaa? Well I suppose. Let me ask you this, what do non transgender women and men think of us? If you answered something negative you are probably correct.

I lived through all the crap, I made my choices, and in my PERSONAL life I can tell you that my CD roomate if not kept under control can drive me freaking nuts.

Now with all that said I originally said that my cd roomate came with me to chicago. He went as a She in all travel aspects including the airport and all that stuff. He did just fine and learned a lot. I have said it before and will say it again to the trans people. All this fear over this and that is 99% self imposed fears.

Also my roomate probably stands at the top of the heap of CDs that REALLY go out in the REAL public. Not to toot my horn here but it was I that made him see the lite.
If she drives you "freakin nuts" then why do you stay togather?? Sounds like a dominance submission type of thing---you keep her around because you like to keep her "under control" hmm

MJ
12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
gets popcorn and soda :stirthepot:

Tamara Croft
12-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Well, this is the second thread you've managed to tick members off, I suggest you don't make a third one, goddit?

Thread closed. This is a support forum, not a piss people off forum.