PDA

View Full Version : At what age did you begin to crossdress?

JayeEdgar
07-29-2005, 10:16 PM
From the profiles and comments I have read, I gather that most crossdressers begin about puberty or before.

My experience is somewhat different: After a glorious week of trying on everything I could squeeze into in my mother's closet while housesitting for her when I was 38, I did not dress again until I was 55, at which time I took it up in earnest.

Are there any other late bloomers out there?

Jaye

Pip
07-29-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm 42 and started crossdressing about 2 months ago. My wife and I stumbled upon this quite by accident and it's been a wild ride ever since.

Pip

emmicd
07-29-2005, 10:58 PM
I started dressing at 9 when I could by trying on mom's bras and panties. My earlies recollection was when I was 5 years old and I tried on my sisters clothes. I feel I was meant to do this though I don't quite understand why. I do struggle with depression over it and sometimes wish I could just stop but it will never happen as I have tried to stop so many times only to come back to it.

Emmi

Angela Burke
07-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Jaye Edgar?

Hoover?

You're 'avin a laugh aintcha?

Love Angela XX

Phoebe Reece
07-29-2005, 11:11 PM
I started dressing around age 4 in old clothes at my grandmother's house. I blame the old Milton Berle television show that was popular way back then for giving me the idea. If "Uncle Miltie" could prance around in a dress, so could I. :duh:

Phoebe

Deborah
07-29-2005, 11:13 PM
I was around 10-12 so usually i say 11 when i first put on my sister's dress. Had strong feelings before that but my parents were always around me when i was younger. I remember thinking i wish i was a girl....don't know why....and why would a young child say that? I have no idea.

Clare
07-30-2005, 12:15 AM
For me, i recall i was about 7-8 years old and it started with a girl who was my neighbour. She had no siblings and we were great friends even at that age.

We would be in her room playing with girly things and one time we 'dressed up' as kids do and of course they were her clothes, so that's were my first experience wearing femme clothes comes from.

About a year or so later my parents moved to another city and thereafter i started to go through my Mums stuff.

Christine

Stephanie Brooks
07-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Involuntarily at 3. Voluntarily around puberty, which for me was 11.

Olivia
07-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Although I do have vague feelings of wanting to be a girl very early in my childhood, my first real crossdressing experience took place when I was 13. I tried on my mom's brassiere and it was so exciting. I guess I was hooked(wait...not a pun!) then and there. Bras are still my favorite femme garment. Figures maybe, huh? Olivia

crispy
07-30-2005, 03:57 AM
gordon bennett, there's a load of late starters around here, innit?

didn't y'all know that it's compulsory to try on your mum's knickers before puberty sets in?

.............. never mind, I hope you're all making up for lost time.

Sara Kat
07-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Probably around 10 or 11 years old.

gender_blender
07-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Photographic evidence shows me crossdressing at the age of 4.

Charlie

cosmolovesph
07-30-2005, 11:45 AM
I think i would have to say...some where between 7-9 years old...
I remember wearing mom's pantyhose to school one day and then tights (out in the open) for a school play (i was an elf ;) )

more so ever since :love:

CharleneCD
07-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Another late bloomer here. Started at 38.

laurab323
07-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Ditto Emmi. I started at age 6 and stopped once for a couple of years, but I have been back everytime.

I WILL learn to love who I am...just not all at once.

Ella
07-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I truly cannot remember the first time I ever did it, i've just grown up being used to it! Although in pre-school I had to dress up as a frog, which of course involved a pantyhose didn't it? I think they were just playing around with me at the time. Looking back, that might have been the start of it for me. I've been on and off ever since, not knowing whether I should fight or feed this addiction...

Deborah
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
not knowing whether I should fight or feed this addiction...

I tried fighting it for 23 years. Trust me it doesn't go away. You can try fighting it and be miserable or you can embrace it as being a part of you. Your choice. I should have gave in a long time ago though. Would have saved a lot of heartache.

jessica33
07-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I started when I was 5 . As I remember my mom gave me one of her stockings to play and the rest is history .

Sweet Susan
07-30-2005, 05:15 PM
11 and then some.

MichelleGray502
07-30-2005, 05:31 PM
I was "bout 6 year old, when i'd first put on 'me sister's knickers for th' first time and by th' time i was 11 year old i was dressing fully when i had a chanceto do and at 16 when 'me parents went away for th' weekend i was dressed femm from head to toe for th' whole weekend 'me sister was supportive and love it. And th' rest is history

ronna
07-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Jessica, your mom didn't even give you a full pair?

ronna
07-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Charlie, can we see the 'photographic evidence?'

ronna
07-30-2005, 05:44 PM
JayeEdgar, your story is quite fascinating.
How about this one?
When my father-in-law passed on, I was asked to look after their house for a short time until it was sold, and I tried on every piece of my mother-in-law's clothing, underwear, nylons, the whole bit while I was there. Why? I don't have any idea.
But I can still remember the smell of her pantyhose, she must have worn perfume.

katheverson
07-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I guess I was about 7

Tristen Cox
07-31-2005, 05:48 AM
8 = stockings and shoes :cool:

Jayne
07-31-2005, 06:33 AM
I started cross dressing at about seven.
The first time I tried anything on was shoes at school under the desk.
Later I tried tights.
Next dresses from a dress up box.
Eventually I got to panties then tried painting my toe nails.

I have been unable to stop fully ever since, it has been on and off and I am now mid forties.

Amanda Leigh
07-31-2005, 10:19 AM
believe it or not I didnt start till around 19. I lost my virginity in a emerald green teddie w/ stocking and make-up....had a very kinky girlfriend at the time. She started it all for me. I miss her at times but she was just to wild for me at the time and she slept around w/about anybody. Was afraid I'd catch something so I broke it off w/her but the crossdressing remained

Amelia Moxon
07-31-2005, 10:41 AM
..... I was about four I think when I first tried on my mums pink flip flops, and then I never did it gain until I was about 10-12 i put on a silky pair of knickers with lace trim along with a matching bra (padded with socks) and a pair of pink purple and white poka dot socks. I was always using my mum’s stuff (I got caught a few times) and then I got a job and started buying my own, and the rest is as they say, history.

Hugs
Michelle xxx

black leotards
07-31-2005, 10:43 AM
:rolleyes:
I think i would have to say...some where between 7-9 years old...
I remember wearing mom's pantyhose to school one day and then tights (out in the open) for a school play (i was an elf ;) )

more so ever since :love:

I was around the same age when I was in a play where I was a prince captured by elves! I was supposed to wear white tights with short pants, and the elves were supposed to wear tights, but all of the other boys put up such a fuss that I did too :(

I remember "dreesing up" through pictures of cute girls in mail order catalogs. I longed to be one of them and in fact ordered my first pair of tights and panties through the Sears catalog.

Never looked back!

Krystal Lee
08-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Somewear around the age of two. I have a picture of me in diapers wearing my mothers high heels.Was going for the giddy hights even then. :D
Hugs Krystal.

chantelle
08-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Me of and on for ever.......

heatherCD8772
08-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Well my ealiest memory was when I was around 4. wearing my sisters clothes. All through my childhood it was off and on got caught a couple of times. Ever since I got out of high school and moved out on my own I do it every chance I get!

Cutie
08-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I started dressing from about 13/14. At first it was panties and tights. As i got a little older i went further with skirts, tops, dresses etc.

Now a days I am getting towards full time

Joanne08
08-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I was 10 when I started to try on My Mom's makeup and clothes. I was 14 when I started getting a real thrill out of dressing. My sister started dressing me up when I was about 6 and I also have photographic evidence from that age.

Jo

Toni
08-02-2005, 01:44 AM
My very first time (I was about 7/8) was when I was invited by the local bike to loose my virginity with her. We were in a derilict factory yard and when she took her green school knickers off I just blurted out "Can I put those on instead". She handed them to me and when I put them on it was pure heaven. I must have worn them for a good half hour and I didn't loose my virginity for another 10yrs or so.

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-02-2005, 03:06 AM
I'm on a variety of groups and late bloomers are rare, but definitely not unheard of. Nobody's quite sure why some people start so late, since it doesn't really fit any of the standard theories behind CDing. Although men in their 40s and 50s in general do tend to develop more of their "feeling" side at that age.

Myself it was pre-pubescent. Not sure of the exact age, but probably around 10 or 11.

Emmi, as others have said, it's extremely rare for CDs to give up dressing. There's some research that suggests it's at least in part biological (CDs being on the low-end of the gender discomfort scale. Early transitioning TSs are at the high end.) So if you can, you'll be much happier if you can accept it as part of yourself. Trust me. That's not to say CDing doesn't cause complications, it does at times.

BTW, you may be able to satisfy some of your urges en homme. These days it's not hard to get more sensuous clothing, like silk boxers, and with all the metrosexuals running around today, no one's going to look twice if you go to spa, or use facial products, or dress sharp. You're only drab if you let yourself be.

Darla

Katie Ashe
08-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Shoes: 5
Stockings: 9
Clothing: 22
Out of closet (Sorta): 29

Ashley Allison
08-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Around the age of 3 or 4. I would go into my mother's closet and try on just about everything. :)

Jamie M
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM
My mother's first mistake was to keep her excess clothes in my room as i had the larger 'spare' wardrobe. Think it must have been a bit of a shock for her to find her 6 ( ish I think ) son asleep in her best crinkly red dress . oh well never mind , that'll teach her for nicking my clothes space i guess :devious:

Deidra Cowen
08-05-2005, 12:58 PM
At age 43 just this past April. Gawd I am having fun and wish I had done this years ago! :thumbsup:

jenniferluv
08-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Not a late one here...The earliest I remember I was 5. Got into a neighbor girls panties and haven't quit since. Altho I have always dreamed of being a real girl--ever since i could dream i guess.

suanne
08-05-2005, 03:14 PM
About 10. Mom and Dad off to work, I am home alone with nothing much to do when I found Moms hosiery draw. I tried them on and everything went from there.

Suanne

Lindsay Marie
08-05-2005, 09:10 PM
I started at probably 10, that's when I first found a pair of thigh hi's in my grandmother's drawer, as much as I can remember. I put them on and it felt so good and so sexy. I have always been partial to nylon since and I put on pairs of pantyhose and stockings at my grandmother's to this day. I have a fetish for taking a pair from whenever I go to someone's house to housesit or to visit. Everytime I go to someone's house to housesit I always dress up in their best hose and heels. I have a thing for modeling while dressed in their clothes, and then I take a momento home.

Jamie_will_do
08-05-2005, 09:34 PM
11/12 for me - I don't have any sisters and was at a (male only) boarding school in the UK - but I played Curley in a production of "Oklahoma!" which I think pretty much got me started. The tights, pumps, dress, falsies, makeup... Not long after that I saw Rocky Horror, and thought it was just about the sexiest thing I could imagine.

My first actual moment when I knew this was *really* for me? When I was 14, going to the village shop to buy an illicit packet of ten cigarettes, pausing for a second at the counter... and instead buying a cheap pair of black tights (with some lame excuse about a school play... although the look on the shopkeepers' face told me that this wasn't particularly unusual. I just wish I'd asked him who else!)

Jamie xx

Jasmine Marrie
08-05-2005, 09:50 PM
i was 12 when i put on my moms panties and pantyhose and heels and a dress i've been crossdressing ever since

sissy boy jessica
08-06-2005, 11:02 AM
I was an only child, without any male influence in my life, and my mom so dearly wanted a girl. The first time she put me in feminine clothes, was to be a flower girl in my aunts wedding, I was arounnd 7 or 8 then again a couple months later for halloween. And from time to time after that we would have mother daughter once or twice a month. And on vacations i was made to act and dress fully as a girl, noone ever knew I was a boy, when I was dressed as a girl, except for family and no one knew of my girl-time, except for family and a few of mothers closest freinds. If somone will tell me how to post pics i will post a few.

LouiseCassell
08-06-2005, 11:40 AM
. I've been on and off ever since, not knowing whether I should fight or feed this addiction...

Believe me - if you fight it I can assure you it will go the whole distance and you will loose on points. Dont fight it - learn to love it - and yes, I know that is easier said than done for most of us.

Denise01
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I think I was about 10 when I first tried on one of my sisters slips. At about 20 I joined a group that wore kilts, and wore it every time i had the chance. I would have loved to wear a nice slip and panties under it, as well but at that time things such as that was taboo. I think I was in my late 50's when I really took an interest in cross dressing and now feel very femme when dressed and dress as often as I can,

Denise

Rainbow6562005
08-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Jaye, I'm with you! :) I started seriously with shoes just last year, when I was 68.

Rainbow

Corrections: My girlfriend reminded me that I began two years ago; she is correct.

I went into being a CD seriously then, but when I was five I tried on my mother's silver shoes: way too big for me, of course. The only other "beginning" was when I was around twenty. I bought the largest pair of wedge sandals I could find: but they were too small. Then I did nothing till two years ago.

sportschick
08-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Best I can remember anyway. Ella, if the urge is strong in you, it's never going to go away completely, but I will say I've gone years without it surfacing, then it has come back for a few months when I feel like I'd dress full time if I could, then it's gone again. Just a couple days a year works for me at the moment, although I think about it with kind of an intellectual curiosity quite a bit, trying to figure it out. Discovering this forum and thinking about it more has actually helped me get a little bit better handle on it, and for some reason has helped the desire to do it subside for some reason. I'm starting to be OK with it and not think I'm a freak anymore, wether I feel like doing it or don't feel like doing it at any given time, I can just go with the flow.