PDA

View Full Version : The pleasures of dressing

Frédérique
12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I don’t think MtF crossdressers talk enough about the simple pleasures of dressing, so I thought I would write this post today. I’m having second thoughts about actually submitting it, :o but here goes…

I went on a little trip yesterday. Don’t worry, this is not one of those “Freddy gets out the door” type threads – I promised my friend I would never do such a thing! Anyway, I actually did get out for some quality time by combining my three passions – photography, driving my Jeep, and dressing up. I went on an excursion to nearby Kanopolis Lake, which, for you geography buffs, is right smack-dab in the middle of Kansas. It was a sunny, but cold day, ideal for feeling the difference in my attire. On the way to the lake, ostensibly to take landscape photos, I began to revel in the numerous pleasures I was experiencing…

First of all, John and The Twins were tucked away, and I mean TUCKED. It’s not emasculation, it’s enrapture. My undergarments were snug – not a drop of looseness anywhere (BTW, not a drop of arousal, either). I think the person who invented Lycra should get a medal or something. The panties emphasized the tuck, the bra gave me the sensation of being hugged, and you become more aware of the shape of your body whether you want to or not. My pantyhose offered more snugness, caressing my shaved legs in all directions and somehow making me forget how cold it was outside. My shoes (flats) were also nice and snug, made for the task at hand, not that good for walking but perfect for driving. I was wearing one of my favorite skirts, pleated, knee-length and woolen, with my upper body encased in a cozy black shrug for warmth (made shapelier with breastforms). My white blouse underneath had long sleeves and a dainty collar that looked very nice against the black cropped sweater. I was also wearing a black beret, pinned to the back of my wig – it’s always amusing to feel hair where there usually isn’t any! I could feel the dangling earrings on my earlobes, swinging when I moved my head, banging gently into my upper neck. My very red lipstick felt smooth and creamy, and my makeup made me look presentable (in the rear-view mirror, at least). Since it was Friday, I was wearing a bracelet identifying my unexplainable compulsion to the world, but there was nobody out there to see it. Being a Jeep with a standard transmission, and thus, a clutch, I got a thrill every time I had to shift gears – when I raised my left leg a burst of warm air from the heater would shoot up under my skirt! :heehee:

I made it to Kanopolis Lake in my state of bliss, but there was nothing to photograph. I drove instead to the lake shore, parking near a bluff overlooking the beach. I walked down to the shoreline and simply enjoyed the solitude of the place – it was extremely quiet and peaceful. I suddenly realized that I hadn’t been near a shoreline of any kind in years (consider where I live). As I was walking along the beach I felt less like a male in women’s clothing and more like an androgynous boy/girl – in other words, I felt young again, so I ran around a bit out in a state of sheer joy. However, when I realized my arms were extended for balance, and my skirt twirled when I abruptly changed direction, I felt more like a girl, or, more specifically, a girl/boy. Before I left I bowed in the presence of nature – actually more like a curtsy, since I was firmly in my feminine “space.” It was indeed a good day! I love these simple pleasures and the feeling of well-being that comes along with them, even though it’s a solitary, and somewhat lonely, existence…:facepalm::sad::straightface::)

Anyway, don’t mind me. Maybe everyone else just takes things for granted, but I want to hear what YOU have to say about the pleasures of dressing…

windycissy
12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
What a lovely story! You're right, many of us probably do take the fun of dressing up for granted, although not nearly as much as real women do, you'd think it was punishment for them to wear a dress sometimes...I had a similar experience this week, I had a meeting that was supposed to run late into the night, but on the off chance that I'd get back early enough to hit the mall (open later for the Holidays) I laid out the outfit I wanted to wear before I left, and when things wrapped up earlier than expected I raced back to my hotel, hopped in the shower, did my makeup in record time, and then took my sweet time putting on my lingerie and stockings, and reveled in the sensation of slik and lace against my skin while I put on a coat of quick-dry polish and waited for my nails to dry...heaven! A white blouse with a lacy collar, a pencil skirt, cute flats and a jacket I was off to the mall. It was very cold out, and as I walked from my car to the mall I marveled at how warm stockings made my legs feel. You're so right sister, this is the good stuff!

gemsay32
12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Pleasures of dressing? I throw on something some oohs and ahhs and I'm done. I'm not fancy.

Can wearing the bracelet simply mean you support the freedom of others to gender-bend or to express themselves in new ways? I mean, you only live once and as long as you're not out to harm anyone.

MelanieP
12-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Wow! Thanks for writing that long in depth description. I could empathize with you word for word. It's especially the little things (like the earrings batting against your cheeks) which I also find pleasure in when I am dressed. Sometimes it's the trivial details like this which make me truly feel feminine. I also love the feel of my hair (eg. my wig's hair) against the back of my neck and shoulders. My own hair is rarely more than 1/4" long...

Melanie

Karren H
12-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Actually while not unpleasent.... I really don't consider something I'm driven to do as pleasurable.. Fun yeah... Exciting when I go out... Maybe bordering on pleasure.. Its something I have to do.... I actuall get more pleasure from scoring the winning goal in OT....

Mollyanne
12-06-2009, 06:55 AM
After reading your description on"The Pleasures of Cross Dressing" I had to think about what I take forgranted everyday. I had to reflect on your description of what had made you happy and how you felt and probably for the first time realized what makes me happy also. Thank you so VERY much for opening this "old broads" eyes to the simple pleasures we all experience.

Mollyanne

shannonFL
12-06-2009, 07:18 AM
An eloquent way to share the sensations of a special day. I know, it feels solitary, but in a way, by sharing, you took a lot of us with you.:hugs:

Rachelhouston
12-06-2009, 09:44 AM
The feel of my skirt brushing against my legs.

The click of my heels on the hardwood floors.

The subtle pull of my earrings.

The taste of lipstick.

The silky snugness of my underthings.

Maybe it's because I don't dress too often, but I almost have sensory overload when I'm en femme. My physical appearance completely changed and every sensation different (although now familiar).

Maybe it's why I don't dress too often. I don't ever want to lose that joyous feeling of transformation.

brenda lynn mwe
12-06-2009, 10:21 AM
hello i agree with u on this thank you for sharing the story loved it:hugs:brenda lynn

Melissa1111
12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
How do you add people on this site?

skirtsuit
12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
You describe it very well, the immense pleasure of dressing up. Going out has only expanded the pleasure to include makeup. jewelry, perfume, coats, shoes, wigs, handbags, handbags. jewelry, makeup, handbags, shoes, wigs, handbags. I love all of it, I drive myself crazy.....

All the Best,
Ann / SS

Rachel Morley
12-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Cute story! .... thanks for sharing. I used to post accounts of my times out en femme and reading yours has reminded me of that (maybe I should start again). The way you described your clothing and the dangling of your earrings on ear earlobes reminds me, and all of us, (as does the title of this thread) the pleasures of dressing. It's a reminder of all those little things .... they're there to to be enjoyed :)

PatriciaT
12-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Frederique,
I enjoyed reading your posting, especially this sentence.

It was indeed a good day! I love these simple pleasures and the feeling of well-being that comes along with them, even though it’s a solitary, and somewhat lonely, existence…

I enjoy that feeling of well being immensely, and just put up with the solitary aspect.

sherri
12-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Occasionally I think about the early days of dressing, when simply slipping on a skirt over freshly shaved legs was electric with tactile pleasure, and it seemed like every molecule of me was alive with sensation whenever I was out and about.

The buzz may be a bit milder now, but it's still there. Getting something new -- an outfit, hair, jewelry, etc -- that works particularly well can reawaken the senses. When I'm out shopping or clubbing I'm usually focused more on my surroundings and other people than myself, so the times when I derive the greatest self-awareness and pleasure may be when I'm in the car heading for the city, or even better, on a road trip. I'm in my own little self-contained universe, cozy, with my various gadgets and comforts at hand, music playing, freshly made up and feeling pretty (relatively speaking). I get glimpses of my self in peripheral vision -- manicured hands, legs with my skirt hitched up a bit for comfort, smooth tan skin glowing softly, the muted twinkle of an ankle bracelet or the sparkle of a ring in a shaft of light -- and a little reassuring (or critical) look and primping in the vanity mirror whenever I want (the light at dusk is the most flattering). There are occasional moments between me and people in other cars; feeling so dressed and unveiled at the same time when I stop for gas or a bite to eat, or just a stretch at the rest stop, smiling and waving coyly if a passing truck honks -- the trucker's version of a wolf whistle. Away from home, I feel as if I have let go of all the constraints, a long interlude of being myself out in the world, so relaxed and soft, gentle, quiet, aware, curious, cautious but eager to smile, touch, talk.

Mardi
12-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I love being a girl

Jilmac
12-06-2009, 01:54 PM
What a wonderful story, and yes I too enjoy the pleasures of dressing whether it's for an outing or just hanging around the house. I have also enjoyed the beauty of nature while dressed. I live in a community which contains three lakes, rolling hills, and ample farmland. I am also a mere 25 miles west of Lake Michigan so I can enjoy the scenic shoreline from various locations in my area. I'm not a fan of the cold so I take advantage of the warm months for my scenic outings.

trannie T
12-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Thank you for the insightful story. I may do something like this soon, I need to get out and do some photography and mixing it up with dressing will make it a double pleasure.

carhill2mn
12-07-2009, 06:17 PM
It was fun to read about someone feeling the same enjoyment as I do. The "good news" is that it will get even better!

Frédérique
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
What a wonderful story, and yes I too enjoy the pleasures of dressing whether it's for an outing or just hanging around the house. I have also enjoyed the beauty of nature while dressed.

I may do something like this soon, I need to get out and do some photography and mixing it up with dressing will make it a double pleasure.

Yes, it’s wonderful to get out and just enjoy being dressed – I imagine it would be hard to explain this to most people, but everyone here certainly understands. :) I do a lot of little “self-exploration” trips like this. In fact, when I lived in Hays, KS, I used to go out and watch the trains as often as I could, dressing up for the occasion much like going on a date. Alas, I’m too far from the nearest tracks here in Lindsborg, but I make up for it by going on photography excursions…

I was lucky to get in this trip the other day, before the recent snowstorm covered everything up. I was going to write a little more about the environment I was in, but I figured my OP was already way too long. Anyway, here I was, dressed to the 9’s, and the only other people I encountered were hunters, usually traveling in pairs, wearing their bright orange outer garments. I kept wondering what would happen to me if I was discovered by one (or more) of them. I was certainly vulnerable as all get-out, surrounded by these more “normal” males, but I wasn’t concerned. Knowing Kansans as I do, they would probably say nothing, look puzzled, and dismiss me as some kind of aberration of nature. I can picture them shaking their heads as I adjust my skirt hem. :battingeyelashes: Of course, it would be a challenge to explain myself to a park ranger (I was in a state park at the time), but it would make for a funny story, I’m sure. I mean, what would they charge me with – decent exposure? :heehee: