PDA

View Full Version : Great Score At Value Village

Daphnie-Duck
07-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Check out this neat black and blue one-piece whatever it's called. I picked it up at Value Village today for the whopping sum of $2.17 (because yellow-tagged items were half off).

Anyway, I am quite pleased with this. It fits perfectly, and is stretchy enough to where nothing "hangs out."

Apologies in advance for my hairiness. I really would like to do something about that, but it just wouldn't be practical for me at this time, as I mentioned in another thread here.

So, what do you ladies think? Was this a cool score or what? Oh, and the skirt was another thrift score from a few months ago. I think I paid 15 cents for it at St. Vincent's.

--
Daphnie

Deborah
07-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Looks very pretty. I wouldn't wear red with blue/black though.;)

Daphnie-Duck
07-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Okay, what would be a suitable color skirt to wear with it. Bear in mind that I like to have the skirt contrast (though not clash) with the panties, so blue or black would not be appropriate for my tastes.

I did go outside last night for a walk down to the mailboxes, dressed in that one-piece with a cute pink Disney Studios Tinkerbell T-shirt on over it , no skirt though, since the shirt was just long enough in the front to cover, and just barely short enough in the rear to provide a tiny bit of what I like to call "southern exposure." I may have to slip into that combo again late tonight, and post a couple pics here if anyone would be interested in seeing. I thought it looked pretty good, but then again, it's hard for a girl to be a fair judge of her own fashions. :D

--
Daphnie

Deborah
07-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Dark colors are kinda hard. So i would say.

1) Solid Blue
2) Solid Black
3) Blue and black skirt

The red skirt would go well with a red, white or black top.

BonnieJG
07-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Hello I also shop there and I find some GREAT dress and top, pants you can find a lot of nice thing and they are cheap :eek:

Mistress Frillee
07-31-2005, 09:04 PM
I Love shopping @ value village

Daphnie-Duck
07-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Another thing I like about Value Village is that you don't have to get one of the employees to unlock one of the fitting rooms for you, unlike at Goodwill. However, the fitting room doors there do not go all the way to the floor, so being the paranoid type that I am, I find myself stepping high to get my legs into the skirts that I try on in there, so they are not visible underneath the door.

Daphnie-Duck
08-01-2005, 04:04 AM
It happened again. I managed to find another cute little miniskirt real cheap at Value Village. This one was $1.50, and found in the young girls' section. Despite it being designed for a pre-teen girl, it is plenty stretchy enough to work as a micro-mini for me, the way I prefer my skirts.

I also tried a cute plaid mini skirt that was hanging on the same rack, but I couldn't fit into it. If it had elastic all the way around instead of just in the back, I would have been able to pull it up over my hips. Too bad too. It would have been a wonderful addition to my growing wardrobe.

Anyway, here is me (from the neck-down), modelling this new skirt. The blouse was from St Vinnie's a few years ago. I think this simple ensemble is what I would wear if the time comes when some of us Puget Sound sisters can have some sort of a girls' night out. :love: