PDA

View Full Version : GG's reaction to a man's shaved legs

Andy66
12-06-2009, 01:53 AM
This is for those of you who wonder what might happen if you shave your legs and someone notices.

A dozen or so of my co-workers were having lunch together this afternoon. One of the men was wearing shorts, and had shaved legs. A cashier noticed and started laughing. I told her I thought shaved legs are sexy. She said she had never seen any man do that except models. I replied, he's doing what models do - that's a good thing. She was quiet for a moment, then said her husband has almost no hair on his legs. No one else, male or female in the group said anything about the man's legs. They treated it like a complete non-issue and the conversation changed casually to the next subject.

HalloweenDragon
12-06-2009, 02:21 AM
That's awesome to hear they left him alone. I've personally had only an occasional 2nd curious glance, but that's it. Most women seem to love it!

Sally2005
12-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Not sure why a cashier would feel it was their place to laugh about how someone else looks... especially about someone in a group with workmates. Talk about awkward!

...anyhow.. I don't shave mine, although I want to try it. My wife and I were watching You, Me and Duprie and there is a scene in the movie when Duprie takes up cycling and shaves his legs. My wife laughed...not sure if it was because she thought he was using the woman's shaving stuff or because she thinks it is odd for a man. ...someday I might just do it, just to see how she reacts!

Vicki-Z
12-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Hairy legs :eek: . I prefer mine shaved. Pantyhose and stockings feel so much nicer on shaved legs. I also like the soft smooth feel of them. Makes me feel more feminine. However, my wife isn't a fan of it. She prefers them hairy.

Vicki :cheer:

Mollyanne
12-06-2009, 06:34 AM
I shave mine and personally I LOVE the way they feel!!!!! I have teenage granddaughters and either they have never noticed or they are just to smart to say anything. Teenage girls notice EVERYTHING!!!!

Mollyanne

lusciouslisalips
12-06-2009, 07:03 AM
men here in SW Florida----whom wear shorts every single day of the week--------whom have little or no hair on their legs and no one says a word about it.....i personally have to shave mine daily----but it is a ritual that is well worth the effort and i also complete the effort with a whole body shave on a daily basis-------from the nose to the toes----

sleek, smooth, suggestive, saucy, simply sensational feelings....

lisa

Leanne2
12-06-2009, 07:16 AM
I've quit shaving my legs. Instead I go to the local beauty school and get them waxed. The instructor said I should have this done every six weeks until the leg hair quits growing back. I've been doing this since September and I can already tell the difference. The school is thankful to have someone for their students to get waxing experience. And I like the fact that the procedure costs so much less than in a salon. Leanne

mike.cuck
12-06-2009, 07:18 AM
No one even mentioned my shaved legs. But for some reason, shaving my chest, gets questioned if anyone notices. Maybe that is because my chest use to be very hairy. Still I find it odd.

Ellen47
12-06-2009, 07:41 AM
I shave my legs every 2 to 3 days never had anyone comment.

Paula_56
12-06-2009, 07:48 AM
The cashier needs to shut up

rayander01
12-06-2009, 08:02 AM
As I've said before my wife is not real comfortable with my crossdressing. However she and I were talking about why a woman shaves her pits and legs. She said it was for hygine. Told her I might try it. She said :whatever:. been doing full body shave and she likes it. Go figure.

Rey

Ruth
12-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I think there are good hygiene reasons for shaving the pits and the pubes, but with legs it's purely aesthetic. And I've never had any comments on my hairless legs.
I'm epilating rather than shaving my legs and find it much better - also the regrowth looks more natural when I let it grow out.
My leg hair is thinner since I've been epilating but it's probably too much to hope that it'll give up altogether.

shorty82
12-06-2009, 08:45 AM
I've been shaving my legs for a long while now and the rest of my body for good while too. Nobody I work or my friends with have said anything and I quite regularly wear shorts. I recently started shaving my arms and love it. I was afraid someone would notice but they haven't.

Helps my body hair has always been pretty light and thin which makes the difference between shaven and unshaven not as noticeable to others (noticeable to me though :)).

JULIE33362
12-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I LOVE MY LEGS WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE SAY TELL THEM GET A LIFE:tongueout

linnea
12-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Shaved legs on men are commonplace; the clerk seems naive if she thinks that this is odd.
Many athletes--especially swimmers, cyclists, and wrestlers--will shave their legs and other body areas (including chests) in order to avoid the friction problems that hair create.
For others, it's aesthetic as it is with models, for instance.
I shave mine all the time because they are not very hairy in the first place and I like the look and feel.

stargirlGG
12-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Did that happen in Vegas? I live here too and was at the Kohls big sale yesterday and 2 different guys were taking big baskets of womens clothes into the dressing rooms on the womens side and nobody even seemed to notice or care at all. Geez, with everything we see here shaved legs are nothin'.

Anyway, my comment was....my ex husband was a cycler and did shave his legs every day for years for that reason. We lived in a pretty conservative place. Never in 12 years do I remember anyone looking twice or making a comment. Well...his mother thought it was weird, but that's about it. And he was in shorts all of the time. My CD SO is really self conscious of his shaved legs tho and thinks people notice all of the time, but in my now 14 + years with boys with shaved legs I don't have even 1 negative story....

Karren H
12-06-2009, 09:35 AM
She sould be fired!! For makeing any kind of off hand comments towards customers.... Your point being most people don't care if true enough... Last night I stripped to my baby blue low riser briefs in the locker room after the hockey game and everyone in there could see I was totally hairless and had large breasts and no one cared... Too busy talking hockey! And why we lost! Lol

Dana Jones
12-06-2009, 09:50 AM
The girl that waxes my back says she hates hair on men. So did my last gf. I love the feeling of being smooth.

Bobbie Bee
12-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I love having shaved legs. I didn't have much hair on them to begin with, so it was an easy jump to shave them. Besides, my legs look great in hose and hairy legs in hose is not appealing.

tonya2
12-06-2009, 10:10 AM
:)Been shaving the from head to toe for about three years now and only had one comment made while driving with a friend in my shorts. I gave him an answer he wanted to hear and that was the end of it. If I don't shave at least every other day I don't feel right about myself. What I need is a salon or school (like someone mentioned) to do my back, what a pain in the a.s that is to shave.:2c:

Andy66
12-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks, everybody. I posted this thread because I've read so many posts in the past about CDs who want to shave their legs but are scared about people's reactions. I guess we're all living proof that there's nothing to worry about.

For clarification...
- Yes, this happened at a Walmart in Vegas.
- The person who shaves his legs is an employee, not a customer.
- This sort of thing happened once before when a different male employee wore shorts. Three or four people said,"did you see that? He shaves his legs," but that was the extent of the talk.
- And yes, that cashier is very rude. Thankfully, our other cashiers are very nice. :)

brenda lynn mwe
12-06-2009, 11:12 AM
theres a lot of guys that shave just because they dont like hair its kinda the new thing i think people look better with out hair hugs brenda lynn

Cheryl T
12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Mine are shaved for years now and I wear shorts about 8 months of the year at work. Only one lady at work commented and that was because we kid around all the time (somewhat sexually). She came over and rubbed my leg (I had shaved that morning) and said..."mmm, smooth...nice". I just smiled and said "Always".

Others have commented when I wear the shorts in colder weather and I just say, "well, you wear skirts in this weather don't you?". They always say "but I wear pantyhose", to which I respond..."Maybe I should try that". Always gets a giggle ... if only they knew.

:heehee:

Rachel Morley
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for posting this Anne :) I think it's very affirming and welcoming to hear (especially from a GG) that other GGs aren't particularly bothered about shaved legs on men. Even the cashier seems to have "come around" given that she shared that her husband has not much hair on his legs. Kudos for you for offering a different and more tolerant viewpoint on men shaving their legs, because you can bet that not only is the cashier thinking about the concept of it all, but also all of your other co-workers too. :) (btw ... in case anyone is wondering, I haven't had any hair on my legs for 15 years and only once did anyone ever mention it).

Alicia_lynn419
12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I've been keeping my legs shaved for over 5 years now.. and the only comments I've received have been favorable. You just gotta understand, you won't always be met with acceptance... those who do not accept are not worth your time...

Lissa Stevens
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
A couple of years ago I was out at a local street festival and ran into some women who work at the hospital I do. Their reaction. "Nice legs". They meant it too.

PhillyGuy2Girl
12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
When I started cding again 2 years ago, I was hesistant to shave my body although I didn't have a lot of hair to begin with. With the encouragement of my Wife,I finally did a full body shave and love it.I never really liked body hair anyway and there's no going back.

Felicity

Tanya83
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I've been shaving my legs regularly for at least a year now. Can't say I notice much reaction from anyone but I am quite hairless to begin with so it may not be as noticeable.
Either way, I wouldn't care.

Fab Karen
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Sounds like she has issues with her husband.

Jodi
12-06-2009, 08:21 PM
My legs have been shaved for years. I wear shorts for most of the warm weather. I've never had a comment.

If one were to comment, my response would be that--He/She doesn't have enought to occupy his/her mind.

Jodi

sherri52
12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I would think that the shaved arms would be more noticable. I shave my whole body and haven't had anyone say a word. In the summer I did have hair on my arms but shave them in the winter months. I have a small store in redneck territory and would lose all my business if everyone knew i was a cd, but I do wear womens jeans every day.

shorty82
12-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I would think that the shaved arms would be more noticable. I shave my whole body and haven't had anyone say a word. In the summer I did have hair on my arms but shave them in the winter months. I have a small store in redneck territory and would lose all my business if everyone knew i was a cd, but I do wear womens jeans every day.

Making the decision to start shaving my arms was the hardest shaving decision I had to make. I started doing so a few months back and love it. I was afraid someone would notice and comment but nobody has. I now keep everything below the nose cleanly shaven and it is great.

Allison Reneault
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Good to hear, because after shaving them today for the first time in over a year, it is going to be really hard going back. Why can't we just get a consensus from the public at large that body hair, in general, sucks? I mean really, what GG has ever looked at a guy and said "would you look at that hairy beast of a man. He looks awesome!" Maybe I'm overstating the case here, but the issue of leg shaving seems to be all about what we've become accustomed to as opposed to what is actually attractive.

kellyanne
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
This is for those of you who wonder what might happen if you shave your legs and someone notices.

A dozen or so of my co-workers were having lunch together this afternoon. One of the men was wearing shorts, and had shaved legs. A cashier noticed and started laughing. I told her I thought shaved legs are sexy. She said she had never seen any man do that except models. I replied, he's doing what models do - that's a good thing. She was quiet for a moment, then said her husband has almost no hair on his legs. No one else, male or female in the group said anything about the man's legs. They treated it like a complete non-issue and the conversation changed casually to the next subject.
Shaved legs are soooo girly and sexy !

I have shaved my legs and torso for 15 years now.

There are many men with almost no body hair on their chest,torso and legs so if you don't say anything they have no reference point and all will be fine or tell them you swim every day..

When I started shaving fully, I went on a trip and was rooming with a guy - I felt I had to explain my lack of chest and leg hair - I said I shaved it for a girl - he thought something was up, had I kept quiet - he would have had no reason to wonder at all.

Don't make my mistakes.

DressyJenny
12-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I'd love to shave my legs, and really my whole body someday. It would be nice to feel more effeminite. I'm kind of nervous too though.

You would think most people wouldn't care since its not like people are interested in legs. And some GGs don't even really like hairy men anyway. Plus plenty of "normal" guys shave their legs or don't have a lot of hair.

Of course another problem for me...Is how time consuming it would be. Since I have a lot of hair. But I guess once I did it and kept up with it, it would be easier.

serina lopez
12-07-2009, 01:16 AM
i used to get my legs waxed and did so for close to 3 years. the hair on the lower part of my legs grows out about 50% less. However, the upper part of my legs still ggrows. however it is much finer.
if u want ultra smooth legs, the answer is laser or electrolysis.

Astrid Star
12-07-2009, 02:09 AM
...A cashier noticed and started laughing. I told her I thought shaved legs are sexy. She said she had never seen any man do that except models.

I have been shaving my legs since I was 13 and I have forgotten that some people still have this kind of reaction. I am surprised that she hasn't seen every second man walk down the street with shaved or waxed legs.

I replied, he's doing what models do - that's a good thing...

Excellent response. :hugs:

Astrid

karinels
12-07-2009, 02:31 AM
I have shaved my legs during the winter months for the last 4 years. I even bought some VEET last winter and tried it after shaving. It did not seem to work on already shaved legs. But 2 weeks ago, I thought Id try it to use it up as my yearly routine was due, and it worked great, I even did my arms. Now I have stubble starting, and will use it again this week and see if it works better on longer stubble and old hair.

Now if I can just get the hair on my head to thicken up, I'd be set.

ringedjohn
12-07-2009, 08:36 AM
I shaved my legs when my wife left town for a couple of weeks. It only took her six months to notice - and then she was annoyed. I still keep them shaved. :)

missy jones
12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I dont have a lot of dark hair but just keeping my legs smooth it is a super girly feeling. I have received several nice compliments on my legs after a few days tanning from both male and female friends MY feeling try it you will like it thanks . To be honest most people dont really care 1 way or another if men shave there legs its a personal thing thanks Missy

KarenHiller
12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
theres a lot of guys that shave just because they dont like hair its kinda the new thing i think people look better with out hair hugs brenda lynn

Someone told me men that men who shave it all off are called smoothies. From what I hear, it's a growing trend. Yea! I think everyone looks better hair free. :D

lavistaa62
12-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I've shaved for years and years (at least a decade) and never once had a comment. This included a long stint in the deep (US) south with all the nonsense that entails. Don't think it's an issue; sounds like this cashier disliked the other employee or was just trying to stir up trouble.

Angie G
12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I keep mine shaved year rond and have only two people ask if I shave your legs. My reply was yes and no more was said. The only other comments ever made about my legs is how white thay are I don't go out of my way to tan.I don't know why people just can't let some thing be.:hugs:
Angie

KylieQ
12-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I had a similar experience over Thanksgiving. Went to the usual family festivities wearing shorts since it was pretty warm. I was sitting at the table talking to one of my uncles and his wife (can't call her my aunt since we're almost the same age) as well as my other aunt. Uncle's wife looked down for some reason and when she looked up the first thing she said was "do you shave your legs?" I told her yes and my other aunt almost immediately commented that she thought it was cool and that she hates hairy legs on guys. There was actually a pretty lengthy conversation about it with the end result being that they both agreed that they preferred guys with shaved legs. Guess that one worked out in my favor, lol! I didn't, of course, tell them that the rest of me was shaved and my toenails painted :battingeyelashes:.

maggiecdva
12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Besides being a CD I also raced bicycles for many years. As part of cycling you would shave your legs. So I did this for 2 reasons. 1. because it felt good when I was wearing pantyhose and 2.for ease of clean up if I got road rash from cycling.

hugs - maggie

Nicole Erin
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I have had my legs shaved for like 10 years.
Some women say "You have nicer legs than I do!"
A few times the guys I know or worked with might joke about it, not in a rude way or anything.
The few times people have asked, if they didn't already know I was TG, I would just say "I just think it looks better". Typically nothing else is asked about it.

For negative reactions, heh, I can't really recall hearing anything about it. I am sometimes sensitive to rude comments but for any about my legs, I just have not heard them. Yes I wear shorts weather permitting, and I just go wherever.

The CD's whio are all worried about what people will think -
Why worry? Almost no one will care. Even if you do get a negative reactiion, for each one bad one, you will hear probably 100 good ones.

See, if a guy were to say something good or bad, it would prove he is noticing your legs and no straight guy wants to be found guilty of THAT.

10 years later, I am still waiting for someone to be blatantly rude about my legs.

Nw for other things I do femme, yes I have had my share of comments but that is another story.

Penny
12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
When I was in Germany I dated a woman with hairy legs. A woman usually likes smoothe. That is why, I believe, most woman would prefer a man with shaved legs. I shave my legs, armpits, hands and arms. Noone says anything about that or even my eyebrows.

:hugs:

Penny

Ranma
12-07-2009, 01:16 PM
My wife hates body hair. She actually asked me to shave my body hair before knowing about me.

Brandi Wyne
12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I have shaved my legs for some years now and my whole body is smooth for several years, too. I revel in my lovely shaved legs. I intentionally wear shorts, oil my legs and show them off. There will be a snicker here or there but most women seem to either be ok or really like it. Men rarely comment but some are definitely looking. Truth is I no longer care what anyone says about it in a negative way. I have been surprised to find that my mother, sister,brother or kids don't comment one way or the other about it. I so love getting the pedicure as the girl get to handle my smooth legs and will sometimes comment on that and it makes me feel good.

Girls, let's be proud of our legs.

XXs,
Mickey

JessicaMiller
12-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I shave mine, and a couple of my straight friends have noticed and asked me about them from time to time. But i don't mind.

azcdinhose
12-07-2009, 07:42 PM
In the winter I shave everything (yes everything!) there is nothing that feels better than totally smooth skin. When you slip on a pair of pantyhose and pumps while shaved it is such a rush! My wife doesn't seem to mind either. Go for it!

MissyW
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
I 've been shaving completely now for about 8 -10 years . Nary a complaint.

Karen7cd
12-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Ok, my SO will not do it, I can not reach, how are you girls cleaning up the back?

PetiteDuality
12-08-2009, 08:36 AM
The girl that waxes my back says she hates hair on men. So did my last gf. I love the feeling of being smooth.

That's funny, because the lady that waxes my back says she doesn't like shaved guys! She says that that it feels like cuddling with another woman.

But going back to the reaction thing: many girls I know don't like shaved legs on men. It's not about the look. I've heard from them that they find odd that a man cares so much about a triviality such as hair on legs.

Of course they wouldn't be as rude as the woman who laughed at the guy in shorts, maybe they have no visible reaction. But they still have their opinion. And this opinion might not get you a date.

They only exception seems to be the athlete excuse. And in this case, they DO like shaved legs.

dancinginthedark
12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Ok, my SO will not do it, I can not reach, how are you girls cleaning up the back?

:thinking: Have you considered waxing? Bet the SO would even help. wahahahaha

40gMgyl0vuY

Erica2Sweet
12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
...I've heard from them that they find odd that a man cares so much about a triviality such as hair on legs.

Of course they wouldn't be as rude as the woman who laughed at the guy in shorts, maybe they have no visible reaction. But they still have their opinion. And this opinion might not get you a date.

They only exception seems to be the athlete excuse. And in this case, they DO like shaved legs.

This is societal programming at work. There's nothing quite like allowing society (total strangers) to decide what an individual does and does not like, and when he or she does and does not like it... It must be exhausting keeping up with what everyone else thinks!

Besides, if I were single I wouldn't want a date with a woman who had some sort of superficial issue with my bare skin. That's just the start of the many reasons why we probably wouldn't be a match. :battingeyelashes:

PetiteDuality
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
This is societal programming at work. There's nothing quite like allowing society (total strangers) to decide what an individual does and does not like, and when he or she does and does not like it... It must be exhausting keeping up with what everyone else thinks!

Besides, if I were single I wouldn't want a date with a woman who had some sort of superficial issue with my bare skin. That's just the start of the many reasons why we probably wouldn't be a match. :battingeyelashes:

I totally agree, but the post is about GG reaction to shaved legs, and for good or for bad, this is how society is.

If we are men enough, we should stick with our decision and confront the consequences :D

Personally, I was obsessed with shaving my legs, until I did. My shaved legs still look manly (muscle and veins showing off).

Perhaps I will shave again when the next marathon comes. Maybe this will encourage me to dress again (I haven't dressed in a couple of months), but I don't think so.

Brandi Wyne
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Ok, my SO will not do it, I can not reach, how are you girls cleaning up the back? First, Hon, you CAN'T do your own back by shaving. Do what I do. I fashioned a back brush with a wash cloth covering and secured that with a stout rubber band. Then apply Veet to the brush and begin to cover your back. It will help to have a hand mirror so you can see where you did and didn't apply the Veet. Try to make an even coat if you can and you can leave it a good three minutes or so after you finished covering the whole surface from neck to rectum ( you should do the ass cheeks and crack, too). Have your shower ready and use the water and the brush to wash off all the hair and residue. Take your time and rinse it all really good. You will LOVE the results and so will your friends and maybe your S.O.

XXs
Mickey

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I have no problem wering boi shorts that show my sahved legs. No one has ever commented or even seemed to notice.

KarenHiller
12-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I have no problem wering boi shorts that show my sahved legs. No one has ever commented or even seemed to notice.

If they noticed, I'm sure they thought you had cute legs :) I sure do. :D

Jamie001
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
IF they found it odd that a man cares about shaving his legs, then you should ask her how she would feel if she were not permitted to shave her legs and had to live with hairy legs. Ask her if she would consider it trivial? IF she doesn't consider it trivial, why should a man consider it trivial?

That's funny, because the lady that waxes my back says she doesn't like shaved guys! She says that that it feels like cuddling with another woman.

But going back to the reaction thing: many girls I know don't like shaved legs on men. It's not about the look. I've heard from them that they find odd that a man cares so much about a triviality such as hair on legs.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Lately I've been getting my legs waxed, but I've done the shaving thing before... The only time I got a reaction was when I was SUPPOSED to...when I went to work as Sarah Palin on Halloween 2008. Among other comments, one I got fairly consistently was that the girls were jealous because my legs looked better than theirs! :D :P

danielle.cd
12-09-2009, 12:08 AM
the only coment i ever got was some one laughed and asked why i told them its to be able to tanning lotion on faster they stoped laughing and never said another word
it was partly true

Amanda Styles
12-09-2009, 06:15 AM
I have kept my legs shaved for over 10 years now. I had an occasion where I was at a lake with a GG friend of mine on a beach last summer.
I had on what could be called short shorts I guess. Stopped way above the knee. After we had been there a while sunning and catching up on recent events she asked me if I had shaved my legs.
I just replied with a yes and she reached over and touched my leg.
Her only reply was smooth, nice.
The subject never came up again.
I wish I could find another accepting GG like her that's not in a relationship.

shannonFL
12-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Well, been smooth all over for a while now, I like it, I guess my wifes' feelings were summed up with her "naked mole rat" comment. And that is actually one of the nicer things she says about me.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-09-2009, 11:30 AM
LOL @ the Kim Possible reference. Rufus the naked mole rat! <3

WendyMichelle
12-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I have been shaving my legs for a number of years. In all that time I had one guy try to call me out.

JulieC
12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
"naked mole rat" comment. And that is actually one of the nicer things she says about me.

:cry:

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all marriages perfect.

Andie56
12-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Well, been smooth all over for a while now, I like it, I guess my wifes' feelings were summed up with her "naked mole rat" comment. And that is actually one of the nicer things she says about me.
Dang the "naked mole rat" is the same exact comment my SO gives me...

StarrOfDelite
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I always tell the truth. I have pale (fish belly white) Irish skin which never tans, along with blonde hair. I use bronzer and skin dye to make my legs look tan. The bronzer and dye make the hair turn orange, so I shave to avoid walking around with orange fur on my legs.

The absolute truth is, that while I have the excuse ready to go at all times, I've never been asked once!

jeanine38
12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm a cyclist and shave because of this. Most of my friends also shave too. I've never had anyone comment (yet)!

Lainie
12-09-2009, 08:55 PM
...My wife laughed...not sure if it was because she thought he was using the woman's shaving stuff or because she thinks it is odd for a man. ...someday I might just do it, just to see how she reacts!

Maybe better to discuss it with her first, rather than surprise her. Communication is important.

BestFriend
12-10-2009, 05:35 AM

suspender
12-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Since shaving my legs (pits etc etc) I have had a handful of comments over the years, so the benefit far outweighs the rare comment (mainly from youngsters). To the two adults that have bothered to comment (apart from the SO) my answer has been I am a crossdresser. The topic change cannot come quickly enough for them! To the cashier, you could comment that you are like them, that is, you sheer the legs.... :)

KarenHiller
12-10-2009, 01:02 PM
So why is it okay for girls to shave but guys can't?? The only hair I have on my body is on my head and I prefer it that way... It bluddy annoys me that there are so many double standards in this world :Angry3:

Same here, not one hair below my chin. It's so much nicer being smooth all over. Women are more like men every day, so why can't we be more like women?

Karen (on her soap box) :devil:

Samantha Girl
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Anne, that cashier just sounds like an ignorant young woman, maybe she'll learn after your intervention ;)

Secret, I've only completely shaved my legs once! :( It was for Halloween. Up until 4 months ago I still lived with my family AND I wear shorts all year round. My legs are fairly hairy and my Mom notices everything! I don't have a lot of chest hair, I started shaving it and she noticed! :p If I still lived in New Jersey, everyone would notice me, TRUST ME! :doh:

This is funny, also never mentioned this before. I HAVE shaved my legs before and since but not completely. Just from the knee up. Shorts cover to knees and when I dress up as Samantha I almost always wear boots, so you don't see the hairyness below the knee... asinine right?! :heehee:

My girl actually prefers some hair on her man which is the main reason why I don't shave my legs all the time, she doesn't care about me shaving the chest hair though. Same with my face, I have a goatee and she likes it. My completely shaved face and body on Halloween felt so amazing! I agree stockings and fishnets feel sooo much better with shaved legs ;)

Angelofsomekind
12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I just recently started shaving my legs, I've always heard about how great stockings feel after shaving, what supprised me the most was any other article of clothing. Even the way regular guys jeans feel with shaved legs was totally different. I love it!

jenna_woods
12-10-2009, 01:52 PM
glad they left him alone I have shaved my legs for years and wear shorts all summer and no one has ever said anything at all.

ASIA_RED
12-11-2009, 05:15 AM
I've shaved my body for years and never had any strange looks or comments

Amanda Styles
12-11-2009, 12:08 PM

I never heard that one before, but when I did it while with my first (ex) wife she said I looked like a plucked chicken. She didn't like when I shaved off my "David Crosby" mustache either.

Karen43
12-11-2009, 12:42 PM
In fact I just shaved mine have Hanes ultra sheer pantyhose on (also completely dressed including fully madeup) and it feels wonderful.

MarciManseau
12-11-2009, 02:44 PM
You all should really try waxing. We both do a total wax job like once a month. Your skin is incredibly soft and smooth afterward. I'll never go back to shaving.

Hugs, Marci and Julie :hugs:

Joann Smith
12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I have shaved my leggs for years as well ..I get odd from strangers from time to time during the summer months when i wear shorts ...the only comments I get are from my sisters they give me crap bout my leggs being too damm pretty for a guy and kept asking why i keep them so nice like that .....so I told them that i make extra money as a pantyhose model....only down side to it is now everybody think i am suppose to give them free panty hose all the time ...

Joann

jessica19cd
12-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Not sure why a cashier would feel it was their place to laugh about how someone else looks... especially about someone in a group with workmates. Talk about awkward!

...anyhow.. I don't shave mine, although I want to try it. My wife and I were watching You, Me and Duprie and there is a scene in the movie when Duprie takes up cycling and shaves his legs. My wife laughed...not sure if it was because she thought he was using the woman's shaving stuff or because she thinks it is odd for a man. ...someday I might just do it, just to see how she reacts!

i shaved my legs and my girlfriend didn't seem to mind