PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Had Experience with Transformation Salons? Are They Worth It?

brassieres
12-06-2009, 11:19 AM
So, I finally garnered up the courage and submitted my information online to a transformation salon. I am still waiting to hear back from them since it is the weekend. These types of salons do not seem cheap at all. Has anyone had any experience with them and what do you recommend and not recommend in general?

Charla
12-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I've only 1 experience - I went to get makeup lessons at a transformation shop and loved it! The manager let me try on different wigs to go with the makeup and I've shared the pictures with online friends for comments. It was a great learning experience.

If you have the money, it seems like a greate way to get some feedback!

Good luck!

brassieres
12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks! But the only reason why I am even thinking about doing this is because I really do not have any other way to share this with anyone. I suppose that I could post an ad on Craigslist, but then you got to know the person and get to trust them, etc.

Jilmac
12-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I never went to the salon but I guess I could say it came to me. When I attended BeAll in Chicago in May Rori and Lisa were there from their shop in Arlington Heights which is called Transformations. I had a complete makeover done by Lisa and when she finished, I felt like the ugly duckling who had become the beautiful swan. I can't speak for other salons but the people at Transformations are tops.

brassieres
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Sounds interesting, I do know that there are other places around. Was it expensive at all?

I never went to the salon but I guess I could say it came to me. When I attended BeAll in Chicago in May Rori and Lisa were there from their shop in Arlington Heights which is called Transformations. I had a complete makeover done by Lisa and when she finished, I felt like the ugly duckling who had become the beautiful swan. I can't speak for other salons but the people at Transformations are tops.

Karen__Starr
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Back in my twenties, I found a woman who did transformations at her place and lessons to act feminine in regards to body language in general, which is what I was after. Personally speaking I learned a great deal from her, lots of the little things. I went to her for (memory is vague on this) about six-eight times and remember she was not cheap but was worth every penny. She told me that I did not need very much makeup and been that way every since.

Jilmac
12-06-2009, 08:22 PM
The whole thing cost me sixty bucks plus tip, and it was well worth every cent.:)

Sarasometimes
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I have used 3 different ones in the northeast and only one was good. Sure they all made me up ok and took me shopping but only one was special.
One said that she could take me shopping to places fora limited budget and then after getting me all madeup took me to Macy's and usung thier personal shopping person showed me nothing from a sale rack. I bought the cheapest dress >$200 after the high pressure wore me down. She was in Philly Pa.
The other on Long Island claimed to be a longtime friend of our community but argued with me about my bra size (it was on the label). Changed the prices on breast forms when I got there. Did my makeup before we were to go shopping then wanted to know if i wanted her to put any on or could she skip it. (Yeh, I pass great going out with my face done with a GG looking like she needs some rest). She said my hairstyle wouldn't work on the island (I had it done the previous day in big soft waves). So she took a hair clip and pinned it up in a messy pony and declared that it was now much better. A total waste.
The good one is no longer doing that kind of work and she was very good. She gave me good pointers on how to move and sit...Took me shopping at nice places with no pressure. Made it fun to shop and try things on and even helped me remove my temporary nails I had applied at a salon. And that took the better part of an hour.
Post the places name here and see whether others have reviews for it.
I now work with an off the shelf image consultant who helps me and is very honest as to how much she knows about us. I also use regular salons for makeup and hair.
Good luck and if you want more details email me, Sara

linnea
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I have had my make-up done in salons and my nails done in salons, and I know that the people in those place do a much better job than I can in both departments. And I have seen the "after" photos of girls who have had transformations, and they usually look terrific.
I think that the prices are pretty high, but if a person can take advantage of the effects for several days, then I think that they are probably worth every penny. Even if the transformation is for a special event, it is probably worth it. Some day I hope to try it.

SuzanneBender
12-06-2009, 11:11 PM
I have been to several as I have around the country. Lydia's and Jim Bridges in LA or Rori's Transformations in Chicago are my favs. Typically they give you a couple of options. You can do a plane jane makeover or they can give you lessons. I highly recommend you do it at least once.

My recomendation for a free but fabulous makeover (free until you get hooked into buying) is your makeup store. Stop in let them know that you want a consultation and that you are going to come by dressed. They typically will hook you up girlfriend because most of them know that their transgendered clientle will be loyal to a fault to SAs that are accepting.

DressyJenny
12-06-2009, 11:15 PM
I'd love to go to a transformation salon someday. I've never really had the opertunity to look tottally fem. It would be nice.

One time a GG I knew online offered to fem me if we met. But I never had the nerve to meet her.

Sometimes I look at nail salons and wish I could just go in to get my nails done.

SuzanneBender
12-06-2009, 11:17 PM
I'd love to go to a transformation salon someday. I've never really had the opertunity to look tottally fem. It would be nice.

One time a GG I knew online offered to fem me if we met. But I never had the nerve to meet her.

Sometimes I look at nail salons and wish I could just go in to get my nails done.

Go on in girl I get manis en drab all the time.

Nicole Erin
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Just shop for price, some are stupid expensive and tend to exploit CD's who are in the closet...

Just call them up and say "How much would it cost to pantify my butt like a woman?"

but yeah like that one Miss Vera's is in NY but I think that place charges several hundred dollars just to make you over and go thru some kind of fantasy crap...

but yeah shop around