PDA

View Full Version : Comments, Tolerance, and Santa.

StayceeCD
12-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Friday night me and 2 of my girlfriends, Brittany, and Kaitlyn, go out for Brittany's birthday party.. It just so happens that this night at this particular club is a TG meetup for the 1st Friday of every month. There are quite a few girls there.. Needless to say this is a gay club. This club has always treated us well, and the staff, and most of the patrons are awesome. Even on a "regular" night they always treat us with respect and then some! Last year we actually went there on Britt's birthday. It was a Thursday and there were only about 10 people there and we had the BEST time! So, that being said, last Friday night I am in the ladies room and freshening up my makeup before going back out into the club. A very big GG wearing a baseball cap and dressed like a Ford mechanic in a Dickies work shirt walks in, looks at me, gives a BIG sigh and says out loud "you know there IS a MENS room"!! I was blown away and I have to say a little hurt! :eek: You would think a girl like that would be at least tolerant if not accepting of people who are "different".. I mean I could have told her the way she looks, SHE should be using the mens room!! But after all I AM a lady and I took the higher road and shrugged it off. I finished freshening up, and walked back out to my friends. They could tell I was upset though.. So, for Christmas, I hope Santa brings her the tolerance, and acceptance she would like from the world, and instills those same traits in her towards others!
Here's some pics from Friday night. I try to present as female as possible so I would hope that nobody would be offended by my using the ladies room. I also have the utmost respect for the facilities and follow the proper protocol. I.E. Sitting while peeing.:heehee:

sherri
12-06-2009, 11:59 AM
There's gonna be someone like that in every crowd, of any gender. You just have to smile, blow it off and concentrate on the nice people.

In a gay/lesbian establishment, you should feel free to use whichever restroom you wish, imo.

Y'all look cute, btw.

linnea
12-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Rude, crude, and unnecessary--too bad, but at least it didn't spoil the whole evening. Nice pics!

Rachel Morley
12-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Staycee,

I'm so sorry that you had this altercation with a GG in the ladies room :sad: You've hit on a very good point though and I guess a somewhat potentially touchy subject. Even in a LGBT bar with someone who seemingly doesn't dress to standard gender expectations you are still expected (by her) to use the restroom that matches your biological sex not your gender identity. Hummm .... I'm wondering that given that it was a gay bar, that she thought that you should go to the men's room as it's not like it's a regular men's restroom where you'd be likely to get beaten up or something. Whatever her reasoning, I still don't think she understands how much gender identity comes into play for us when we're dressed.

LACD
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Staycee you "present" as well or better than some GG's in your pictures. Wish i had your fortitude to go out as I really want to. Thanks for sharing. Remember, what goes around comes around. Hold your head high and aim for the stars. You are quite lovely.:)

trannie T
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
You can not please all of the people all of the time. Do not let this incident get your panties in a bunch. You did not state that you made any response if you remained silent it probably would have been the best response.

sherri52
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
You did the right thing. Walk away and wish them the best. People like that don't know how to react to the good wishes.

Miranda09
12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Staycee...you looked fantastic. Don't le the comments of an intolerate individual get you down. You looked beautiful. And from your description of the person who insulted you, a LOT better looking than her. :)

Aeval
12-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry that happened...on the bright side, the pics turned out great! Don't let it get to you, it just goes to show that intolerance can be found anywhere...even our fellow brothers and sisters can sometimes be a little bullheaded.

SuzanneBender
12-06-2009, 11:06 PM
First the pics are fab and tell me that her discontent only stems from jealousy.

We have an issue with one of the main TG clubs in Kansas City. It is a wonderful club with a fantasically eclectic crowd and great performers, shows and dance floot. Its only downfall is they have a sign on the womens powder room door asking us gals to use the little boys room. Needless to say, due to my rebelious streak, I disregard the rule.

I find some irony that I always use the room that I am presenting as in the straight world with no issues but in a TG club they make a huge deal about it.

DressyJenny
12-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah you would think that a gay bar would have people that we're more tolerant. I mean if you we're checking out the other girls that would be one thing. But I think most of us would just go into the ladies room (while dressed) because we feel fem at momment. Obviously you have to go in a stall when you use the ladies room, so its not like the ggs have to worry about people seeing them naked. And really a bathroom stall wouldn't be the place that I'd want to see a girl naked.

JaytoJillian
12-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Fab Pix! Regarding the restroom situation, you demonstrated class in the face of someone who may have a few, uh, lets say, "issues." Not sure if I've just been lucky or if what I've experienced is the norm, but at the clubs I frequent, you can find persons of either biological sex in any restroom one may happen to step into. No one bats an eye except the str8 girls out having their bachelorette parties at the drag show, LoL.

Glad you had a great time in spite of that rude comment.

Cheers,

Jill