PDA

View Full Version : Whom Am I

Diane Elizabeth
12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
As I was looking at my self this morning in the mirror, I had a thought (novel idea) cross my mind. Who am I really.... I didn't see a man nor did I see a woman. What I did see was a person. That seemed odd to me. I was wondering if maybe I didn't fit into a cd/tg catagory. I know I never felt I fit into the man catagory.

I just wanted to throw this out to the community and get some views on the subject. I am sure that I am not alone with these thoughts. Just not sure how to express them and to understand it all. Whom Am I?

Angie G
12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure any of us really understand who we are or what we want. Some tend to be on one side of the split or the other. You seem to be in the middle hun. you are who you are try not to put so much thought into it. Dressing is not a bad thing. Your not doing something wrong. I say just relax and enjoy you feminine time. You are a beautiful person go with that girl.:hugs:
Angie

Wen4cd
12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I reckon we are the sum of all our parts. The parts we see, the parts we don't, even the parts we don't want to see. We are also already the parts we think we are not and wish to be, and the parts others see which we cannot. Add it all to the broth that is us. It ends up being a lot more than what we usually think of as ourselves.

GaleWarning
12-07-2009, 01:05 PM
You are a person. You are the epitome of what I wish we all were; people!
You are, indeed, wonderfully fortunate and blessed.
:love:

Shelly Preston
12-07-2009, 01:19 PM
You are an individual like all of us

All you have to do is find out where on the male/female spectrum you are

Penny
12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh how many times I asked that question in my younger years. As a CD, I think we are more perplexed. Perhaps when you look in the miror, what you are seeing is your sole. The sole has no gender. The big question then is not," who am I?", but rather, "why am I here?"
It matters little as to how we look! What is important is what we do. Will we be remembered as John Wilks Booth or Albert Einstein? The answer is most likely neither. What is important is our relationships with others and the positive impact they represent. Permit yourself to look however you wish; you are who you are.

:hugs:

Penny

Brandi Wyne
12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I imagine most of us here, if we're honest, do have those feelings. Some of us rarely and some of us daily. It's a keen desire that moves us from our social "comfort zone" to a place full of individual fullfillment and anxiety "Who" indeed.

Maybe the best description yet is in the saying, "Where ever you go, there you are." Perhaps it's more like being a multi-faceted gem that has different looks from different angles, or an onion that is made of many layers, each with it's unique signature and deminsions yet all of the same onion.

Yes, who are we indeed?

XXs
Mickey

Karren H
12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I have no idea who I am but then again I don't care that much as long as I wake up breathing every morning...

Frédérique
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
What I did see was a person. That seemed odd to me. I was wondering if maybe I didn't fit into a cd/tg catagory. I know I never felt I fit into the man catagory. Whom Am I?

Maybe you’re a gender-incorporated person who defies the usual definitions of ‘crossdresser?” I like it when personalities or lifestyles don’t fit neatly into categories! When I look in the mirror I see a hybrid being, a transformation that is more “me” – I’m always smiling when I see myself, too. :) I mean, look what can be accomplished with so little effort! Obviously, it takes time to do the makeover, but the process is so pleasurable (and ritualistic) that you don’t even notice it. If you don’t fit into the “man category,” join the club! We gather together 24/7 – don’t miss a meeting…:battingeyelashes::thumbsup:

tricia_uktv
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
For the past two years whenever I have been dressed and out dancing I've looked in the mirror and seen a middle aged man looking back at me.

For the last two months I've looked in the same mirror and Tricia looks back at me.

She always gives me a wink :)

Jeanna
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I look in the mirror and say " Hello Jeanna "

Jonianne
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
WHO AM I?

This probably isn't the direction you intended, but in a book "CELEBRATE YOURSELF" by Dorthy Corkill Briggs she starts out with just that question. The answers most people give are ie: "I am (my name)". No, that is just your name. "I am a male". No, that is your gender. "I am a carpenter". No, that is what you do. etc. etc. None of these tell us who you are. They just describe certain aspects of you or what you do. Trying to find out who we really are is to go much deeper. Into your soul.

I read a story about a successful person and how they were able to overcome many great obsticals in their life. They credited the love and support they received as a child and then the answer (for me) to the question "Who am I?" came clear.

For me, the best answer is "I AM LOVED."

Knowing who I am, I can do anything.

MissKara
12-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Recently I have come to know Who I am. I am not one person, I am too, Karl and Kara.

Love,
Miss Kara

VanessaVW
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM
If you have a good soul and are a good person, you have plenty to offer in this life. Every person has great potential and every person has talents and gifts beyond what they can comprehend. Every person (wouldn't we hope) can love and accept love. Enjoy life. Live life to its fullest. Everything else will unfold.

Hugs,

Vanessa