PDA

View Full Version : Funny notes about buying pants

Tia
07-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Couple days ago I went to shop some girlie clothes for myself (first time when I wasn't going only for lingerie ;) ). I made a funny notice... It seems to be easier (for me) to find proper sized pants for myself from ladies clothes, than it has been to find them from men's. And I've always thought that I "must" stick with dresses, because I'm over 6' 5" tall and really thin.

Well I happend to go shopping for some (really, really short) mini dress from sales, when I found some stretch pants that I HAD to get! I thing the text "ANGEL" written on bottom was the final thing for me ;). They were really cheap, so I desided to buy them and try them (still too shy to ask for trying them on).

I was so excited when I came home and tried them on... They were almost perfect! (ok, I could have bought one size smaller from waist)

:( Sadly I haven't had time to properly doll me up (with my first wig), but when I do, I promise I'll try to get and upload some pics of me (finally).

Mx Justina
07-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Couple days ago I went to shop some girlie clothes for myself (first time when I wasn't going only for lingerie ;) ). I made a funny notice... It seems to be easier (for me) to find proper sized pants for myself from ladies clothes, than it has been to find them from men's. And I've always thought that I "must" stick with dresses, because I'm over 6' 5" tall and really thin.

Ladies' pants (even when unisex style) are designed with bigger "seat" area and for higher-waisted torsos... Conversely most male-intended pants (regardless of age range) are designed for lower-waisted torsos<-- That being the BIGGEST ANNOYANCE that I experience with male clothing... Since I'm fairly high-waisted (and somewhat hippy) for a male.

If you find women's slacks more comfortable...check your waist location...especially if you're thin (and unlikely to be "double-waisted").

J.

Holly
07-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi Michelle.

I don;t think I will EVER buy men's jeans again! The women's fit and feel so much nicer. Just bought three more pair last night. I've been wearing ladies jeans to work now for several months... nobody has said a single word. Go girl! :Power: