PDA

View Full Version : So Emotional!

shesgotleggs
12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Has anyone noticed that you are more emotional when en femme?

Here’s what happened to me today………

I’ve been having a really rough couple of days. My wife is miffed at me for something that really isn’t my fault. My daughter is miffed at both my wife and I for a variety of reasons. The stresses at work are getting really bad with everyone trying to do the work of three people and my boss is very short-tempered and yelling at us. I’m evidently coming down with a cold because my throat is painful and scratchy, and to top it all off (sorry if this is TMI but I just wanted to give you the whole picture) I haven’t gone to the bathroom for three days.

So in a nutshell, I’m feeling depressed, lonely, unappreciated, hurt, and bloated.

I like to go out on the noon hours en drab to a remote mall on the outskirts of town and go shopping. Feeling like today I really needed a pick-me-up, I put on a girl sweater, nylons, girl jeans, and my short high heel boots and went shoe shopping. When I was in the mall I was window shopping in front of the Deb store when all of a sudden I felt a tremendous rush of emotion come over me, and my eyes started tearing up. I went quickly out to my car, got in the back seat, and I just opened up and BAWLED. I just felt so overwhelmed. I sat there sobbing for like twenty minutes before I could compose myself enough to change clothes and go back to work.

I can’t remember ever having such a crying spell my whole adult life. I don’t feel that bad now that I’m back at work. Have any of you noticed your emotions get more intense and effeminate along with your looks when you dress? I know that our testosterone level decreases as we get older, maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe I just need some cold medicine, some Correctol, and a good night’s sleep. Along with a new family and a new job :daydreaming:

Any opinions?

Karren H
12-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Nooope... I an no more emotional enfemme than any other time... I do get teary eyed a few times but not that often... And as I've learned when it comes to wives... Its always our fault!! So just accept that and move on.. And I can relate to the unappreciated thing... But I have also learned to get over that too.. I think playing ice hockey a couple times a week helps me release any pent up anger or depression... You can't let it build up and fester, in my humble opinion.

Kathi Lake
12-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Hello, my friend,

You know what? The fact that you can open up and let it all out (At least your tear ducts. Sorry, couldn't resist :)), puts you head and shoulders above "average" men. I sometimes hate how I'm supposed to behave as a guy. I never cried at my mothers or grandmother's funerals or things like that. Why? It's not "allowed." I'm supposed to be an unfeeling, strong-shouldered automaton. The ability to open up, have yourself a good cry, and let the world know of your emotion is one of the "perks" of being a woman, I would say.

Don't let life (and especially teenagers) get you down. We have always told our kids that if they weren't so darn cute, we would have smothered them in their sleep during their teen years. :)

Kathi

MelanieP
12-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't think you are any more emotional en femme than when as a man, but I think that you are more apt to let your emotions release themselves in the guise of a woman. There is so much stigma with men freely expressing their emotions in society (especially crying), that it may be impossible for you to let them out when you are in your male 'mode'. There have been times when I have wanted to let the tears flow over some really heart-wrenching events in my life, but could not get them to happen as a guy. People think I am very stoic. But when dressed as a woman, and letting your femme side consciously project herself outwardly, you may be able to get past the male stigma, and express your emotions more easily. I could see that happening for myself. I for one really hate not being able to show as much emotion as I feel as a guy. There were time when I really wish I could just 'bawl like a girl' when necessary.

Melanie

Frédérique
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Maybe I just need some cold medicine, some Correctol, and a good night’s sleep.

Just have a good cry and skip the drugs! I’m always more emotional while en femme, but it’s a curious bundle of internal emotions that occupy every cell in my body. Somehow I manage to contain this therapeutic tide that dwells within, but it comes to the surface now and then. Any display of beauty makes me very emotional, especially if it involves feelings of love or caring for someone – this comes along all the time, so I cry a lot...:cry:

A good night’s sleep will definitely help, my dear…:hugs:

minalost
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I have always cryed easily. I cry all the time at movies or even while reading a book! But as a man I have to hide it or make a joke about it. I have even been known to avoid going to a movie if I think it might make me cry. I sometimes wonder if this isn't why most men claim to hate "chickflicks."

Enfemme I just feel freer to express my emotions.

Brandi Wyne
12-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Life is quite a paradox, isn't it? As men, we are all raised around the axiom that "boys don't cry" and "Quit your crying and grow up." All that has conditioned us, to one degree or another, that having and showing emotions are a sign of male weakness. That's a load of crap! There are a lot of things that play on our emotions and actions.

I know a man who started breaking down in fits of tears and depression and it went on for months. After seeing psychiatrists, etc. he finally went to a sensible medical doctor and found out that he had a low thyroid. He got treatment and his life was back to what it had been before.

I was always the tough guy. No tears; no emotions (exceopt anger). A lot of things entered my life that broke all of that down and I DO cry sometimes and I DO get depressed but I don't know if it's a feminine thing or just the wear and tear of living in difficult times.

Personally, I am usually happier when dressed in femme as it just feels soo right for me.

I wish you luck in your journey to discovery, Dear.

XXs,
Mickey

tricia_uktv
12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Yep, I definately am. But then Trish can get into places deep inside that my male side can't. Emotional can also mean happy of course and I often cry tears of happiness when talking to people. Ruins the mascara though!