PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshifting? (Longish).

Persephone
12-07-2009, 05:40 PM
How many here have to cope with “switchbacks?” You know, transitioning from male to female or from female to male more than once in a day.

Here was a fairly “typical” day for me.

In the morning my spouse and I had our monthly hair appointment. Over the last year or so I’ve switched to going to the salon en femme. So into form-fitting jeans (sorry Karren!), bra and forms, top and open-toed 3” heels, makeup and jewelry, and we’re off to the salon.

Return home and I “switch” for our next part of the day. Now this is going to be tricky, because our first stop is to pick up the present that my spouse bought for me for the holidays (after a mandatory 10-day wait), and I’m going to have to present as “male” and show ID.

But then we want to go shopping for clothes and I’ll want to try on stuff.

So I pick out a pair of looser “mommy jeans,” and a purple sweatshirt. Comb my hair into a low pony tail, and we’re out the door.

They recognize me at the store, we do the paperwork, and I pick up my gift (I love my spouse!!!).

Now we drive over to a place where I can try it out for a while. They might require ID too, so I’m still in “male” mode.

Next stop is the mall! In the parking lot I slip my cash and credit cards into my femme wallet, bring my pony tail further up on my head, comb down my bangs, put on some lipstick, grab my purse, and we’re good to go.

A couple of hours of shopping and trying on clothes. We take armloads of clothing in and out of the ladies’ fitting rooms, back and forth before the check-in person, sometimes together, sometimes alone.

My spouse scores a couple of really nice outfits, I score a new skirt, a new top, and a few new pairs of panties.

Now we’re off to the next stop, a big-box sporting goods store. We debate. Should I bother to “switch” back? Or just go en femme?

We decide I’m fine the way I am, so a quick refresh of lipstick, a glance in the mirror, and we’re off.

I pick up the items I need at the sporting goods store and my spouse pays, handing the clerk “his” affinity card. Turns out “he” has a $10 credit! The clerk asks if we’d like to apply it to the present purchase. We giggle and say, “Sure! What the heck! He’ll never know and we’ll save $10!”

The clerk joins us in a conspiratorial woman-to-woman smile.

We were going to try to go to dinner with some friends in that area, which would have required another "switch," but they can't make it.

This particular chain of sporting goods stores have pretty good seafood restaurants attached to them and we decide to have dinner there.

I head into the ladies’ room. There are three stalls. Two are occupied by early-teen age girls who are sitting and chattering up a storm. The woman in front of me sends her 5-year old girl into the third one. She and I stand there waiting and we roll our eyes at each other over the loud conversation the two teens are having and make small talk about her daughter turning into a teen in a another few years.

The two teens come out and head for the sinks and I head into one of the stalls to take care of things.

My spouse and I have a wonderful dinner and split a piece of the best Key Lime pie we’ve ever had outside of the Keys. The waitress is a chipper sort who constantly comes by to ask, “How is everything, ladies?”

It’s the end of the day and we start back for home.

How about you? Days like this?

Kathi Lake
12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Two words:

If

Only

Kathi

Leanne2
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Sometimes I am surprised by an unintentional shape shift. The other day I was in town helping the elderly lady that I take care of. Because our town is small I usually don't go en fem. On this day I was dressed in drab except for my bra. But I wore a light jacket so nothing showed. My hair was not styled and I wore no makeup or jewelry.
I dropped my lady off at the grocery store and then drove to my bank. When I walked up to an open cubical the teller there was busy counting money. When I was waiting another teller to my left said,"Ma'am, I can help you over here." That caught me by surprise. I walked over and said very little as the female teller cashed my check. I'm not great at voice passing. When she handed me my cash she said," Have a good day, Ma'am." I walked out with a smile on my face. Leanne