PDA

View Full Version : How often do you go out dressed?

Stephanie81
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I was wondering how often do CDers on here go out dressed "femme" in public? Shopping?, Clubbing?, Every Day?.. and what sort of reaction do you get from your friends and family, and even the general public?

As for myself, the only time nowadays that I don't dress is when I go to work (I'm a chef).. But it's taken a few years to get to that point, and to have the confidence in my ability to pass.. I shop, go out to restaurants, go clubbing, pretty much everything now ..

And you know what? My friends, family etc are just super-nice about it and accept me. Which was a bit of a shocker LOL! :D
And, when someone does "read" me when I'm out, 90% of the time they really don't mind either..

Hopefully it's a sign of the changing times and changing attitudes towards the many coloured spectrum of sexuality and gender..:GD:

Mindymaycd
12-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I have only been out twice but the wife is cool with me going out one a month. I have only been to CD/TS type of bars so it has been "safe" for me. I am still looking to make friends to go out with and increase my skills and confidence.

SweetCaroline
12-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I go out a MINIMUM of two to three times a week, mostly to Transgendered social groups that meet at night. However I have no problem going out any where or any time, one of the nice things about not being married. I go to malls and restaurants, sometimes alone, sometimes with other T-girl friends. The people I live with (Mom, Dad and brother) know all about Caroline, and have seen me dressed and wearing make-up, tho I usually wear a male jacket and a pair of baggy shorts over my femme clothes when leaving the house until I get to the car.

I'm already almost two and a half years out of the closet, so going out is no longer new to me, or something I have to sneak around to do. Those I'm not out to, such as my job, and my school age nephews, it's most out of respect for the wishes of others. Otherwise, I'd probably be close to full time right now.

Samantha Girl
12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Good for you Stephanie! I envy your confidence ;)

I've only been out a few times, still getting used to it, I'm kinda shy :o

And of the 4 times I've been out it's mostly been driving around in a car. Drove around NYC one night with the intention of getting out... I got out, for about 30 seconds, I just couldn't do it, I was overwhelmed! :p

I went out walking around in downtown Portland on Halloween and then to a party, which was awesome! Everyone was really cool with me! But that was under the cover of Halloween.

I'd like to get the courage to go out more often, maybe once a month. Unfortunately I don't really have any girlfriends to got to bars/clubs with. Although AleishaBaum has offered to go out some time... I'm thinking about it! :p

NathalieX66
12-07-2009, 09:44 PM
I go out a MINIMUM of two to three times a week, mostly to Transgendered social groups that meet at night.
This upcoming weekend will be my first in several long years, actually in a similar situation , minus this past Halloween.

I could so do New Year's Eve but I have kept my plans pretty loose and open. I don't sound like a very exciting person, do I?:straightface:

Alice Torn
12-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Once or twice a year. Still get scared. Too many people know my car, and know me here, and, at six foot six, awfully unusual! I have done very minor shopping, walked around towns alone, never yet met anyone, nor gone to a bar or club.

Stephanie81
12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Good for you Stephanie! I envy your confidence ;)

I've only been out a few times, still getting used to it, I'm kinda shy :o

And of the 4 times I've been out it's mostly been driving around in a car. Drove around NYC one night with the intention of getting out... I got out, for about 30 seconds, I just couldn't do it, I was overwhelmed! :p

I went out walking around in downtown Portland on Halloween and then to a party, which was awesome! Everyone was really cool with me! But that was under the cover of Halloween.

I'd like to get the courage to go out more often, maybe once a month. Unfortunately I don't really have any girlfriends to got to bars/clubs with. Although AleishaBaum has offered to go out some time... I'm thinking about it! :p

hehe.. I remember that.. I used to go out under the excuse of "Fancy Dress" or "Costume Party" all the time.. what happened eventually though, was that people noticed that I was ALWAYS dressed as a girl on these occasions (halloween etc).. and my make-up skills and clothing and accessories and shoes were all getting better .. :p .. eventually, i just thought, what the hell, and started going out dressed every weekend.. then every day.. it does get easier with time..

I'm quite lucky in that I now have quite a few CD and TG friends and we generally all go out together in the evenings..

But to begin with it was hard as I felt very much on my own.

Well, I would defo go out with you if you lived near me hun, anyway!! :hugs:

Destiny
12-07-2009, 10:13 PM
I've been out once, it was great and Im looking forward to doing it more often. Last time I was hardly passable but since I've learned (and spent) alot. lol

Cary
12-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I want out dressed twice this year.

sissystephanie
12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Stephanie 81,

I just responded to you, and others, on another thread. But to answer your question here, if I leave the house on a sales call or to do some marketing work, I am underdressed. If I leave for any other reason, shopping, going to the bank or P.O., eating out, etc., I usually am fully dressed. However, my "fully dressed" is somewhat different from most of you on this forum. I do not wear a wig, forms, or makeup! I do not need forms, having natural 40 B's and I am very poor at fixing a wig or putting on makeup. I probably fully dress, at least part of the day, 20 to 25 days a month.

As I said on the other thread (Can You Stop Crossdressing!), I do not try to look like a woman, I just dress like one!:heehee:

AmandaBlack
12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Never have here...likely never will. I simply keep it at home by myself. I would someday like to go and meet with other dressers and change into en femme mode...I know that's not the same as "going out" dressed but...

Kathi Lake
12-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, I've been out once or twice. :)

OK, truthfully, I seem to go out about every three to four weeks. I go shopping mostly - the malls, boutiques, shoe stores, makeup stores, getting manicures/pedicures and more. I have a ball each and every time. It makes me want to do it even more.

Kathi

Karren H
12-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I go out enfemme almost ever time I dress which is still not often enough... sigh....

Mardi
12-07-2009, 11:03 PM
every weekend, can't get enough of it, during the week with the undergarments

AllieSF
12-07-2009, 11:13 PM
This year I have probably averaged almost twice a week, and several times 2-3 times in one week. I do not have the fear factor that many here have. I do only go out away from my home turf in the suburbs in the Bay area. Since I do not like to go out by myself, my only limitation is find a partner in crime with a compatible personality and the related logistics of making it happen. I have several friends (4+ from here) but most of them are travelers coming here on business. For me, anything more than 3 times a week, at least for now, is probably too much for me. I do enjoy both modes (M & F) and need time in each.

NathalieX66
12-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I go out enfemme almost ever time I dress which is still not often enough... sigh....
:laughing:
Once again,Karren, you have proven you are the maven of sly answers. I'll end it here.

MissyW
12-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I probably average going out dressed two times a week

linnea
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I dress at home every day now, and I underdress almost every day (at least panties on week-days, panties, bra, stockings, girl jeans and top on weekends). I average about 1.5 times a month to out total en femme, usually for shopping or a walk in a park or other area. I've gone to church a couple of times too and out for coffee.

Jodi M
12-08-2009, 01:34 AM
I go out probably 3 to4 times a month, although I have sometimes gone out twice in one week and sometimes my social and work schedule in male mode keeps we from getting out for a couple weeks at a time. The more I go out the more I like it. Usually go out shoping or to dinner or a movie, anything a gal does. Don't associate that much with other CDs but a do belong to a TG group and will probably start socializing more.

Kerigirl2009
12-08-2009, 02:04 AM
I have only been out 1 time in my life but I am looking forward to my next trip. I do have the ok to go out once a month from my wife but have yet to test that ok. I absolutely loved being en femme once I got over the initial nervousness. If I can find some cute flats I would be more confident at 6' 2" I will stand out sith my 3 inch heels. I want to blend. :)

marny
12-08-2009, 02:06 AM
not much for the club scene but dressed in the grocery store and other shopping 2-3 times a week. And most of the time walking my dogs. Not that i'm making an effort to dress to go out. Just being lazy about getting changed back to drab. I have come to terms with myself! Don't think the neighbours have any illusions but this is a very private neighbourhood. Nobody's complained. Still have a long way to go! :devil:

sterling12
12-08-2009, 03:19 AM
A couple of times a week. I will assume that you mean fully enfemme? Not just under-dressing, correct?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Samantha Girl
12-08-2009, 03:31 AM
hehe.. I remember that.. I used to go out under the excuse of "Fancy Dress" or "Costume Party" all the time.. what happened eventually though, was that people noticed that I was ALWAYS dressed as a girl on these occasions (halloween etc).. and my make-up skills and clothing and accessories and shoes were all getting better .. :p .. eventually, i just thought, what the hell, and started going out dressed every weekend.. then every day.. it does get easier with time..

I'm quite lucky in that I now have quite a few CD and TG friends and we generally all go out together in the evenings..

But to begin with it was hard as I felt very much on my own.

Well, I would defo go out with you if you lived near me hun, anyway!! :hugs:

Well I just moved to the Portland area and people don't know me here. Once people saw me at the Halloween party they probably figured this wasn't the first time I had dressed like a girl! :p I don't really care who knows, it's just more about insecurity and shyness I guess.

As to your lovely invitation, I have always wanted to go to England, I'll let you know :devil:

MissKara
12-08-2009, 04:50 AM
I dress at home when ever I can, but only when mum isnt home. When she is home, I'll still be wearing panties and will usually have a pretty pink top on when im in my room, but I put on a jumper to leave the room :(

I wish I could go out as Kara, but at the moment I am ill prepared (Soon to be rectified).

Lots of Love,
Kara

Misty G
12-08-2009, 05:48 AM
I dress everyday and go out as often as I can and I have never had any problem with other people

Karen__Starr
12-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Every morning I go out for a walk, several evening a week I go grocery shopping, to a friends house. On the weekends I am always out doing something.

I have been going out less during the holiday shopping times as I am not into having to walk long distances in the mall parking lots in the past two weeks. I am the same no matter how I am dressed, male or female.

Oh for those who do not go out much, Wallmarts that are open all night are great places to get your feet wet going out dressed. I bring this up from my thoughts on holidays and malls, Wallmart late at night has fewer shoppers and the sales people are perfectly fine with us. I sometimes will spend hours there shopping for clothes, food and music.

TabbyJames
12-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Perhaps someday I will but now is not the time. We (my wife and I) are leaders of our community and industry and if someone were to find out it could hurt both. We have also decided that our children should not find out until they are older (especially our 9 yo son). I have been thinking of going to Esprit this next spring, a full week of dressing, going out, shopping, and other highly rated girly things.

http://www.espritconf.com/index.php

Until then I am satisfied just knowing I can dress with my wifes permission, although I must still keep it private.

dominique
12-08-2009, 07:22 AM
I try to get out en-femm as much as I can. It's usually 5-6 times a month mainly a walk aroound my local area. But sometimes I go shopping when I've got the car.

Stephanie81
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
As to your lovely invitation, I have always wanted to go to England, I'll let you know :devil:

BIG Yay! :jumping:

Nicole Anne
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Even though i underdress everyday 24/7 i tend to say i go out dressed completely at least one time a week. Sometimes i will be out femme all weekend.

Erica2Sweet
12-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I usually get out about once a week to either shop or dine out with my SO. Occasionally I get to do both.

I've yet to have any problems with anyone around and I've shopped in some very busy stores this holiday season.

The only group that I've ever noticed giving me any sort of second glance seems to be young high-school aged girls. For some reason they seem to have radar for noticing something that is telling about my appearance. Maybe its because they often prioritize socializing when they're out shopping and are paying more attention to the people around them.

I stay out of bars and such unless My SO and I are out together. We tend to stick to TG-friendly establishments.

Erica2Sweet
12-08-2009, 09:46 AM
...Sometimes i will be out femme all weekend.

See, I'd love to be able to do that but the maintenance required makes my skin hate me. When my skin's not happy it punishes me via pain and redness.