PDA

View Full Version : the role I was born to play :)

RachelZ
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I joke around with my best friend that I'm really a psychotic murderous transvestite named Rachel (Well its half true any way). Obviously he doesn't know the whole truth. So last night he called me to tell me that him and his GF are making a horror movie and they want me in it. I said "Awesome I'll glady do it. I've always wanted to be a horror movie. What's it about?" He said "We're going to call it Rachel. Its about a psychotic transvestite." :straightface: I said "Well... ok.... I guess I could do that." That's what I said but in my mind I was laughing hysterically thinking to my self "I don't even need to practice that!!! hahaha" :lol2: The bad thing is if it is serious I'll probably have to act like I feel weird. The behind the scenes acting will be better than the acting in the movie. :laughing: I just had to share that. Its just too funny for me to keep to myself.

Brandi Wyne
12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
truth can be strangeer than fiction. I hope you play the role you've always been practicing behind the drab.

XXs
Mickey

Persephone
12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
He said "We're going to call it Rachel. Its about a psychotic transvestite." . . . I just had to share that. Its just too funny for me to keep to myself.

Congratulations on your new role! Sounds like fun!

I'm not sure you should watch it before your own role, but you might want to check out Killer Drag Queens on Dope (2003) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0355650/).

The reviewer for IMDB.com wrote, "This is as simple as it gets; the title is the plot. Ginger (Alexis Arquette) and Coco (Omar Alexis) are two drag queens that snort coke, drink daiquiris, and do hits for Uncle A (Don Edmonds in his last performance). Actually Uncle A is sending Bobby (Mario Diaz) to do the hits, but Bobby has his 'girlfriend' do them."

According to the review, "Funny as hell with some great lines."

Having seen it, I would agree.

docrobbysherry
12-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Acting the "psychotic murderer" shouldn't be a problem. If u do a BAD job, well, so what? You're NOT one!:straightface:

But, what if they think u make an UNCONVINCING TV?:eek:

Wouldn't THAT bother u?:doh:

Wen4cd
12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Omg hon, you need to get in on writing it as well!

Samantha Girl
12-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow this sounds like so much fun Rachel! :)

I love weird campy movies! It would be a blast to be a part of something like this! Need any psychotic transvestite extras? :battingeyelashes:

DonnaT
12-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Hate to rain, but:

Too bad it continues to feed the stereotype image many have of transvestites/crossdressers.

If we aren't prostitutes in the movies, we are killers.

bobi jean
12-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I would say they already know!! or at the very least have a really good idea about you, that is where their idea came from. if not why act? just be yourself and all will work out,,, Have fun and send us a preview of the movie (all that is allowed anyway).

Wen4cd
12-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Hate to rain, but:

Too bad it continues to feed the stereotype image many have of transvestites/crossdressers.

That's why she needs to get in on writing it, so the psychotic TV turns out to be the ace-in-the-hole heroine, misunderstood until she saves them all from the real killer.

dafni
12-08-2009, 02:07 PM
sounds like alot of fun...go for it and enjoy yourself

SuzanneBender
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
As long you have fun that is what counts. Sounds like type casting, not the psycho part, to me. :battingeyelashes:

I am waiting for them to cast the transgendered version of Evita or the Jackie O story before I audition. LOL :heehee:

abigailf
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I'll probably have to act like I feel weird.

I would imagine that playing a psychotic murderer woud be naturally weird to play ...

See, this is actually an opportunity. At the end of the movie, wear your normal clothes and just say that you liked it so much in the movie that you are going to continue to do it.

abigailf
12-08-2009, 02:53 PM
It's funny. I often thought about being in a play and taking on a female role just so I could say I need to practice it for my part.

The problem is ... I can't act ...

kellycan27
12-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Hate to rain, but:

No worries.. we all need to remember the doom and gloom... helps keep us in check. :brolleyes:

Wendy Green
12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Do you think you will need a stunt-tran?

sherri52
12-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Be an actor and except the part. Actors don't feel weird about acting.

Sammy777
12-10-2009, 02:07 AM
I think your secret will be out as soon as you show up with your own wardrobe, LOL :D

crusadergirl
12-10-2009, 03:19 AM
thats cool can i be in the movie as well

Persephone
12-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Do you think you will need a stunt-tran?

Great line!!!

As it turns out, in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003) one of Angelina Jolie's stunt doubles was a guy. I believe he's in the opening scene on the jet ski, and may be in other scenes as well.

An insider on location on the set in Britain told the Daily Mail, "We managed to fit him with a pair of false breasts which didn't look too bad. But when it came to Lara's tight fitting trousers there was very little we could do about this guy's shape. His relevant bits were strapped down, and it can't have been very comfortable for him, but with clever camera angles and lighting the audience will never know."