PDA

View Full Version : So Where Do you keep your clothes?

EllieOPKS
12-08-2009, 12:34 PM
HI everyone!
I will say again I am just thrilled to have found this forum. I enjoy reading your comments and seeing your pics. It feels like a close group.

I am very very new to this, so I just thought I would ask for some creative ideas. I have to keep my crossdressing very private so finding a place to stash my clothes & stuff is a challenge. So I will ask you all, where are some good hiding places for you stuff? Probably sounds dumb but it's a problem for me.
Thank you,
Ellie

StaceyJane
12-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm still in the closet so I keep my clothes in a foot locker.

KateW
12-08-2009, 12:42 PM
My wife knows, so I have divided all of my underwear and tights into 2 of my 3 drawers. All of my guy underwear is jammed into the other one! The rest of my clothes are hung up in our wardrobe.

abigailf
12-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I have a filing cabinet in my office. I kept everything in there. After I told my wife, I moved most of it to my closet and draw space and only keep my shoes in the cabinet. I guess it is time to get more shoes ::D

EllieOPKS
12-08-2009, 12:45 PM
right now I hide my stuff in an old dresser in the basement but I am pretty paranoid about my wife finding my stuff. I know she would not understand or accept this side of me.

karigal1
12-08-2009, 01:19 PM
In a crew room at the airport I'm based out of. Before my trips, I go stash a bunch of clothes into my overnight bag! Hopefully this'll get to change after telling my fiance!

SuzanneBender
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Ellie,

Always nice to meet another KS girl on the forum. Welcome to the sorority.

When I was closeted I had an eloborate system of plastic foot lockers. I still have a wonderful rolling work box that is huge and locks for when I take car trips. These types of boxes are great because they have lots of room and you can padlock them.

I now keep my clothes in the closet that I used to be hiding in. We actually did a remodeling project and built my wife a wonderful walk in closet off our master bath and I took her old walk in closet. I never once thought that I would not have enough room for all my stuff, but it is quickly filling up.

kymmieLorain
12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I keep my cloths in my dresser, my panties in one drawer. I have a little plastic 3 drawer cabnet that I keep most all my other lingerie in. Other stuff I keep in the closet.

Kymmie

Brandi Wyne
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Ellie,
I have an opposing and mostly ignorant wife so I keep most of my things in two storage boxes in our master walk-in and the rest disbursed amongst my drab things in my dresser drawers.

Yes, it's a bit risky but we have never been ones to pry into the others things(except the occasional pair of heels:D) and I had tried using the attic. The problem with that was that the heat ruined some makeup and things and it was hard to get to my things when I want to dress.

Good luck.

Mickey

nikkigurl
12-08-2009, 02:16 PM
My womanly items are boxed up in storage. And while I am not attached to anybody now, at times friends or family drop by. I have them boxed in seperate boxes, such as shoes, undergarments, skirts, etc. This storage is used primarily for other stuff but has seen an increase in my womanly wardrobe, yikes, am I getting infected by the shopping bug !! Nikki

EllieOPKS
12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
HI Suzanne! What part of Kansas are you in? I'm in Overland Park.

Thanks for a lot of good ideas for stashing the stuff. I could never take the chance at keeping something in my closet or dresser. I would get caught in no time. I definetly need something that I can lock up. I've been thinking about purchasing a small storage building for the lawn mower and such. That will probably be my best hiding spot.

nikki_cd05
12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I keep all my clothes way up 14 feet on a shelf in my wearhouse. It sux as i need the forklift to get at them.
Nikki

Kendra Irene
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Dresses, pants and tops are in my half of the closet. If someone looks in, it looks like the typical bedroom shared closet-look like wife has 75-80%. :D
One dresser has 5 drawers with Kendra's cashe taking 3 1/2 of them and the rest is male clothing, plus three drawers under the bed.

Kendra

TabbyJames
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
In my dresser and hanging in my closet, since my wife knows I dont have to hide it.

JD_CD
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
At one point I had considered renting a climate controlled storage area and just putting a wardrobe and a dresser in it. (and of course a full length mirror :) ) BUT since telling my very understanding SO, I now keep everything in my dresser and hang my clothes up next to hers in the closet. Hope this might be a viable idea for you.

Jess :)

Kerigirl2009
12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I use to have to hide my girly items in the ceiling of the basement. But since I told my wife I now have a couple drawers thatI use and hang a few of my dresses in the closet. I used to hide them behind the drawers in my dresser. sometimes I filled my socks with the undergarments and then put them on the bottom of the drawer.
Now that my wife knows of my hiding spots I just consider what I do have up there storage for items that I don't wear regularily.:)

aggi123
12-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I have everything hidden in my closet (LOL) as i'm still very deep in one. I still live at home and the only person here that knows is my twin brother. I keep makeup hidden in my tacklebox, my underwear is mixed in with an old toy collection, that I "havn't been able to get rid of". And everything else is hanging in the back of my closet. Hopefully no one decides to go through it.

MissAmy
12-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm still in the closet so I keep my clothes in a foot locker.

Exactly what I do. I bought mine years in advance though, I even showed what I kept in it at the time (just a bunch of junk I didn't have room for, like old magazines, video game consoles) to avoid suspicion.

I got that thing pretty full, and I have a nice lock to keep people out of it. Plus a I got a lock on my door with a personal key so they would have to get by two security methods to know my secret.

sissystephanie
12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Since I am a widower and live alone, Stephanie's clothes are where ever she wants to put them!:heehee: My 2 grown children know, so if they see the clothes they are looking where they shouldn't be!! BTW, my guy stuff occupies very little space!!

Stephenie S
12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
In my closet.

MissKara
12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I use half my closet :P Nobody ever goes into my room so it can be all out for me :D

Love,
Miss Kara

sherri52
12-08-2009, 07:45 PM
If you've got them a basement or attic. If not Hang your dresses inside of your suits in the closet and put panties behind the dresser drawer.

AmandaBlack
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
In my wifes closet and dresser...I've been wearing hers all this time. We are close in size and no she does not know (but I got to think she suspects???! anyway...)

Carroll
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
In my own closet. :D We have two closets in the bed room. One holds Carroll's clothes and a safe*. The other one is twice as large and hold the wifes clothers, my clothes, my wedding dress and a bunch of misc. stuff.

*It aint got no money just a few old coins, some Elvis stamps and paperwork and its bolted to the floor:D

SuzanneBender
12-08-2009, 08:27 PM
For goodness sake girls and the sake of your things don't store them somewhere that is not climate controled. I learned early while I was closeted that the best way to destroy a wig and makeup is leave them in the trunk of your car or a super hot storage shed.

AllieSF
12-08-2009, 10:37 PM
You should do a search here on this site. Just a few months ago there was a very similar thread on this topic. There were many great and creative suggestions. Good luck.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-08-2009, 11:35 PM
For me, since I had to move back in with my parents due to finances, I stash my stuff in one of the moving boxes that I brought home with me. Some boxes are kept in a miscellaneous room, while about 2 or 3 I keep in my room, in the bottom of the closet...one of them containing my stuff. Discreet but conveniently accessible to me. This also makes it easy to move those boxes out to where my other stuff from my apartment is stored, making it blend right in if someone comes over who might snoop through my closet. In fact the disguise works so well that my dad carried my box of bras and panties for me when I was moving...not knowing the contents, of course.

Not wanting to bother with the hassle of prying open the box every time, I sometimes will take out 2 or 3 bras and 2 or 3 pairs of panties and keep them either under the bed or just in my sheets for a few days. (No one ever comes in my room, and if they do I typically will have enough time to get the stuff hidden properly first.) Keeps it fast and easy to access stuff when I want. But yeah, keeping a couple-days supply under the bed was what led to my dad finding one of my bras. One of the very, very rare occasions that he had a good reason to enter my room. :P Oh well.

Karen__Starr
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
I live alone so no need to hide things. I have one entire room devoted to myself along with one full bathroom. When I was married the room which I use for clothes use to be my computer room and kept things locked in a closet. Thank goodness those days are over.

KandisTX
12-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Left Top Drawer is bras and breastforms.
Left Second Drawer is Pantyhose, Stockings and Garter Belts
Left Bottom Drawer is Panties.
Middle top Drawer is my gun cleaning kit and extra ammo
Middle Second Drawer is some skirts and tops.
Middle Bottom Drawer is girdles
Right Top Drawer is Nightgowns
Right Second Drawer is Nighties and PJ's
Right Bottom Drawer is Body Briefers

Dresses and the like are all hanging in the closet. ;)

((Yeah, it's great when your Darling Wife knows and supports your dressing)).

Kandis:love::rose2:

WendyMichelle
12-09-2009, 12:17 PM
My wife knows about Wendy, but no very supportive. Anyway I just keep mine in the closet with my male clothes. Shoes are there, and I have a drawer for the rest.

Loni
12-09-2009, 02:03 PM
living alone, any place I drop them.

but really the place I just rented has a large walk in closet, at least 9 - tenths of the space is for Loni, almost all of my drab stuff is just the shirts and pants reqired for work.

but two of the large drawers are for my bike riding items.
only two small ones for drab, mostly socks.

Nicola2876
12-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Mine are hidden in my wardrobe. Getting short on space now though as I love to shop!

silkenhose
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
In my Wifes walk-in closet. She has a huge closet and she keeps my things in a section...........

suzy
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Where I don't keep them is more like the question for me..... good grief..clothes everywhere...
no more room in the closets, so the suit cases are stuffed full.....now footlockers, chests at the end of the bed....

I am going to have to start getting rid of these clothes! Make room for more!!:heehee:

Sooty
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
In my wife's wardrobe, and some drawers.

TNRobin
12-09-2009, 05:05 PM
I live by myself, so I keep them in one of my closets and a dresser that's nothing but Helen.

It is going to be interesting though when one of these days I have family come to visit and stay over and they decide to snoop in my stuff!:eek:

EllieOPKS
12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I am surprized by how many of you can openly store your stuff. Living alone would definetly make it easier. Has anyone ever done a poll on how many spouses know about your fem side? I am just finding my way around the forum so I am sure that questions has been asked/answered somewhere. My wife doesn't and will never hopefully. She would not understand at all. Thanks for all the input, I will take your ideas and use them.

flic
12-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm lucky i guess, i'm not in hiding, so the clothes aren't hidden, just in the wardrobe.
x flic x

TNRobin
12-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I am surprized by how many of you can openly store your stuff. Living alone would definetly make it easier. Has anyone ever done a poll on how many spouses know about your fem side? I am just finding my way around the forum so I am sure that questions has been asked/answered somewhere. My wife doesn't and will never hopefully. She would not understand at all. Thanks for all the input, I will take your ideas and use them.

I don't have a wife and never will. I know that may sound quite negative to some of you, but I've been married and went through an extremely ugly divorce. My girlfriend of almost 2 years now had the same thing happen. We're a monogamous couple and plan to stay that way, we just don't see that a piece of paper makes us any more of a couple.

So back to the original question. Yes, my girlfriend knows about Helen and enjoys her very much. We got shopping together (me en drab, I'm not that comfortable yet, but getting there), trade clothes and have all sorts of fun with it. She even enjoys giving me a hard time about my growing collection of shoes and the growing lack of closet space that I have.:D

kym
12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
my fiancee knows about me and supports and loves that side of me, as a matter of fact we are having dinner with me in a black top, black skirt, skin tone pantyhose and heels. I keep my clothes in the closet and drawers right beside of hers, the only boy clothes i actually own are work clothes.:D however when i had to hide my things they were in plastic totes in my closet and under the bed.

stacy-marie hanna
12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
got items that are hangable in my wardrobe,items i cant hang in one of the drawers in my 5 drawer chest,shoes and wigs in a small 2 door cabenet,lingerie in a storage box under the bed and makeup in my botton draw of my bedside table(my table is 2 small 3 drawer units positioned side by side to make a 4x2 table with 6 drawers)
my parents know i dress so i dont have to keep my stuff hidden under the floorboards anymore(im not kidding you could hide a body under the floorboards in my room,not that i would!)

stacy-marie

SusanMarie
12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
My clothes are in the closet...I am not.

krissy_toronto
12-09-2009, 07:47 PM
HI everyone!
I will say again I am just thrilled to have found this forum. I enjoy reading your comments and seeing your pics. It feels like a close group.

I am very very new to this, so I just thought I would ask for some creative ideas. I have to keep my crossdressing very private so finding a place to stash my clothes & stuff is a challenge. So I will ask you all, where are some good hiding places for you stuff? Probably sounds dumb but it's a problem for me.
Thank you,
Ellie

Well hidden in our crawlspace. :(

Jackie_Thomas
12-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I keep most of them in my closet because my wife knows, but after some of my shopping trips I keep some in the garage so I can bring them in slowly. Sometimes she freaks about some of the outfits. (jealosy lol)

WandaRae2009
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Most of my stuff in in a suitcase and garment bag in an unsued crawlspace access hole. My underdressing is in my dresser under the man clothes. My wife knows but just doesn't want to see any of it.

VS Fan
12-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm out to my wife now, but I still keep everything in the basement in those storage bins... but way back when this first started, I used to hide panties and things in software boxes/ pc component boxes and stuff like that right on the bookshelves of my office.. there was little chance my wife or any visitors would ever think to open those :)

VS Fan

Aeval
12-10-2009, 12:49 AM
The fiancee is not very supportive (She's aware but doesn't want details). I hope Aeval will eventually win her over!

Until then, I have bought a sturdy little filing cabinet that I've placed within arm's reach in the attic. That way, I have access to it but she won't come across it unless she's looking for it.

Once it begins to warm up in Spring I'll need to bring the makeup down though!

Blaire
12-10-2009, 01:42 AM
If it has to hang, it's on the rail in the closet. If it's foldable, it's on a shelf in the closet. If it's unmentionable, it's in a drawer. Makeup's on and in the vanity. Shoes are in their boxes at the bottom of the closet, or under the bed. Jewelry is in the jewelry box. Bigger accessories are on yet another closet shelf.

leotard fan
12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
now that i´m single, i keep my wear all mix. but when i live with my ex-wife, i hide in my camping stuff, because she didn´t touch it!

Karen kc
12-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I keep my lady clothes in the closet next to my wife"s clothes. My male clothes are in another room

EllieOPKS
12-10-2009, 10:35 AM
The camping stuff & s/w boxes are great ideas. I think I will move mine into the camping stuff today. You are absolutely right, nobody touches my camping stuff.

Sexy_Girl
12-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I have to rent a storage in order to keep my clothes and boots

i_am_stefani
12-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I just keep all of my clothing, male and female, in my closet. They are kind of mixed up in there lol I don't really need to worry about people finding it because although I live in an apartment with four guys, they all keep to their own. Right now, I am living alone because my roommates are gone for the break. I just go into my closet and grab whatever I feel like wearing at the moment :D

MsCorrinne
12-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I used to keep everything in a suitcase hidden behind a wall in the basement.. until my wife found it. She originally thought it was the previous owners, until she saw the shock and fear in my face. Then I had to come out and tell her they were mine... since then they hung in my closet and in my dresser draws. She even washes and folds them for me.

Nina Breeze
12-28-2009, 06:48 PM
The best spot in my opinion if you really want security would be to have a few suitcases or more that would fit in the trunk of your car if you have one. This of course means that your the only driver. Some cars like mine have a seperate key for ignition and another one for trunk. Some of the newer cars use only one key. This doesn't mean that this is the solution longterm but would work for as long as you want.

lingerieLiz
12-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Same place my wife keeps hers. In our closets and chest of drawers. I have a couple of large storage containers because I have too much. There is no safe place to hide your stuff. Someday someone will find them. Best place is a comercial storage space that is airconditioned. I've never done it, but I would try and use a false name also and pay cash. That way if something happens they will eventually dispose of everything since you are no longer paying.