PDA

View Full Version : How to sit with legs crossed

lavistaa62
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
OK- this is likely to sound silly but how are your legs arranged crossed but still parallel when they sit with a dress- I'm talking about this: http://verbalsnapshots.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/legs-crossed-blog.jpg

Crossing the legs in guy mode is easy but managing this - I think there must be a trick I'm not getting.

Brandi Wyne
12-08-2009, 01:16 PM
It's a matter of stretching the muscles and hips to do what women seem to do naturally. Cross your legs and keep bending them over the opposite knee till they are both parallel at the feet. Until then you can cross them at the ankle and keep both legs together as a "get by" until you adapt to the other. I also found some chairs are easier to work with at first. A straight backed kitchen chair will be easier than, say, an over stuffed living room chair.

Good luck and enjoy the compliments.

XXs,
Mickey

karigal1
12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Nice pic, but I hear ya! I sometimes find it rather uncomfortable to get a super girly leg cross like that done. I don't know if it's due to the extra pieces or what...but I will still try and bare the lack of comfort!

bobi jean
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
first off a GG does not have what I have but if the stool or chair is high enough it makes it a lot easier. You still have to force and hold the top leg in position, but it can be done, just not for very long at a time. TOTALLY uncomfortable after just a few seconds. take the pic quick.....

ReineD
12-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I know you asked about keeping the legs parallel when crossed, but this is a hard position to sit in comfortably for extended periods of time even for GGs. It is good for picture poses though! :)

This is the more natural way that GGs cross their legs, even while wearing a skirt, with the foot extended outward.

Erica2Sweet
12-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Muscle mass in the legs must be a factor here as well. I'm not at all a flexible person (I can't touch my toes) but I only had minimal problem with this until I had a bad case of the flu a couple years ago. It was then when I lost some muscle mass all over, and since then I've been able to do this type of pose with ease.

Karren H
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Since womens hips are hinged fruther apart than mens its easier for them to do that.. Personally I have zero problem or discomfort crossing my legs and sit pretty femininly no mater how I'm dressed... Tucking actually helps.... In my humble opinion.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2338/2432740652_53a4f4b4c2_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2230/2431936155_fd17422d9b_m.jpg

sherri
12-08-2009, 01:48 PM
It's not a silly question at all. A lot of guys struggle with this. Even some GGs have trouble with it. This is something I always home in on when watching GGs on late night talk shows, and if it's not done correctly it can be one of those "tells" that give us away.

If you are significantly overweight or have very muscular thighs, this is going to be virtually impossible. Even if you can get your legs crossed at all, you're not likely to look very lady-like.
Your thighs have to be touching from crotch to knee -- if there's any gap below the top knee, obviously the top leg is going to look hiked up.
For a guy, being able to hold your knees together or cross your legs like a girl requires a little muscle conditioning. It can be difficult at first cuz we're not used to using leg muscles that way, but a little practice will solve this.
Once you've mastered that, try sliding your bottom foot (the one touching the floor) forward a few inches. This drops both knees down. But you'll find there's a limit to how far you can slide your foot when you're wearing tall heels.
Your overall posture when sitting makes a difference. Sitting up straight helps to put your legs in the proper orientation. Leaning forward slightly makes it easier to keep your calves together as well, like in the photo you used as a model.

My legs are pretty slender so I've never had much problem with this. Well, I say that, but truth is I can cross my right leg (right leg on top) easily without even thinking about it and sit that way for extended periods, but it's harder crossing my left leg. Go figure. I think it's just because I don't cross my left leg often.

When I first started dressing it was very difficult when sitting in an uncrossed position to keep my knees together more than a couple of minutes -- my legs would actually start trembling with the effort. :D Now it's just second nature -- and pretty much mandatory when you wear short skirts. :o Practice makes perfect.

Persephone
12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Watch other long-legged/tall women and you'll see that "sitting pretty" is difficult for them as well, particularly when wearing heels. That's why several posters commented that they can cross their legs more comfortably when seated on a stool rather than a low couch. Our calves are a bit longer than those of shorter women.

One way to do it is to angle your legs to the same side as the lower hip, as Rachel Weisz is doing in this photo:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/rachel_weisz_crossed_legs_1.jpg
A lot easier for tall gals, and very femme!

And, of course, once you get that down and it becomes comfortable, you can go for the very feminine double cross:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/double-crossed-legs.jpg

Ashlee
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
..... I think there must be a trick I'm not getting.

The trick might be photoshop. That pic in the link doesn't look "normal" but hey that's me.

lavistaa62
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I have rather large thighs I guess compared to a GG- a byproduct of the same cycling that keeps the rest of me from getting too big:) That was an interesting insight which maybe some weight loss will help with.

Guess it's like other things- practice and hard work along with stretching- I'll try the exercises everyone has recommended thus far. It'll be good for me to stretch regardless. Maybe a good excuse for a yoga session!

Hope
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I have rather large thighs I guess compared to a GG- a byproduct of the same cycling that keeps the rest of me from getting too big:) That was an interesting insight which maybe some weight loss will help with.

Yup. That is all this is, it has nothing to do with pelvic geometry or calf length ratios or tolerance for discomfort or extra dangly bits in the way and everything to do with bulk. How do I know? My wife could never pull this off either until she lost 50 pounds... Now she does it all the time, including the wrap behind the leg maneuver - pain free.

Teri Jean
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Lavistaa, as other have said it is practice and you don't have to do it parallel. I have been doing it all my life. Who knew it would come in handy.LOL

Teri

abigailf
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
The trick might be photoshop. That pic in the link doesn't look "normal" but hey that's me.

I agree here, that picture almost looks unnatural. The other pictures of crossed legs posted in the thread looked much better to me.

Victoria StJohn
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I find that you need to practice, like when you start a new exercise program. With me, a full tuck is also required. This makes it much easier. Cheers. :) :battingeyelashes: :)

azcdinhose
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
As previously mentioned angling your legs does help, as does sitting up straight and on the edge of the seat. Lastly point your toe down to the ground. This is one of my favorite ways to sit with my legs crossed.

sherri
12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
you can go for the very feminine double cross:

I just tried this and I can do it, but the sound of tendons snapping and bones cracking is too unpleasant for me to enjoy it.

lavistaa62
12-08-2009, 09:11 PM
As previously mentioned angling your legs does help, as does sitting up straight and on the edge of the seat. Lastly point your toe down to the ground. This is one of my favorite ways to sit with my legs crossed.

A lot of you totally have this down- now I'm inspired. Thanks girls- I'll keep working at it.

docrobbysherry
12-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Guess it's like other things- practice and hard work along with stretching- I'll try the exercises everyone has recommended thus far. It'll be good for me to stretch regardless. Maybe a good excuse for a yoga session!

At my exalted age, u either can or u can't! :brolleyes:
I practiced yoga a couple of years in my late 20's, and can STILL get a foot behind my head!:eek:
And, do the leg cross comfortably!:D

Tucking, as Karren said, makes the leg cross bearable!:o
Otherwise, think; the boys stuck in a vice! OUCH! :doh:

RiverdanceGirl
12-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I can do the double cross no probs . Always had slim legs , but also always seem to have had nuts that were set too far forward . Not a problem in this case though .

linnea
12-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I know you asked about keeping the legs parallel when crossed, but this is a hard position to sit in comfortably for extended periods of time even for GGs. It is good for picture poses though! :)

This is the more natural way that GGs cross their legs, even while wearing a skirt, with the foot extended outward.

This I can make progress to achieve, but it will take stretching and practice.

joann426
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
gee wiz i been crossing my legs that way for years that the only way i can get comfortable:love:

Diane Smith
12-09-2009, 12:15 AM
The original picture with legs straight up and down and parallel looks very artificial to me even for a GG. The pictures from ReineD and Karren seem much more typical of the way I see attractive women sitting.

I am flexible enough to be able to do any of those leg crosses fairly easily, even the double cross. In fact, I often catch myself sitting very pretty when in male mode and have to correct myself -- no telling how many others may have "wondered" about it before I noticed!

- Diane

2B Natasha
12-09-2009, 12:26 AM
gee wiz i been crossing my legs that way for years that the only way i can get comfortable:love:

Ditto.

I sit like that in drab and en femme. Have since I was little. Reason is I could never get that man leg cross down. You know the one where your foot is on your thigh and the leg is perpendicular to the other leg. ( see photo below ) Never bothered me that I sit with a tight cross. No one ever said anything either.

MissKara
12-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Ouch, I just tried to do that and its hard as :P I think I need to work on it a tad more :daydreaming:

Lots of love,
Miss Kara

LaurenKLee
12-09-2009, 02:32 AM
if i stretch i can do the cross, but my legs go numb real quick...

Amanda Styles
12-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Over the years my upper thighs have gotten a little bigger,(guess they need a little more exersise) which makes crossing my legs a little more difficult than in my teens.
I have always found that for me when sitting that way if I sit more on the butt cheek of the leg on the bottom and lean a little with my torso it helps me sit that way more comfortably.
Not having anything in the way does help as well.

Amanda

Karen__Starr
12-09-2009, 06:37 AM
I have no problem with the single cross as I have been doing it for years. About ten years ago I saw a woman doing a feminine double cross and tried it out but it felt extemely uncomfortable while the woman I saw doing the double cross went in and out of it with ease. Just tried it this morning and no luck, age has caught up with me LOL.

PetiteDuality
12-09-2009, 06:48 AM
And, of course, once you get that down and it becomes comfortable, you can go for the very feminine double cross:

I once read that when women do that, it's a sign of attraction or flirting. What do you think?

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Yup. That is all this is, it has nothing to do with pelvic geometry or calf length ratios or tolerance for discomfort or extra dangly bits in the way and everything to do with bulk. How do I know? My wife could never pull this off either until she lost 50 pounds... Now she does it all the time, including the wrap behind the leg maneuver - pain free.

I second that. I could never do it when I was 230lbs, but I can get a lot closer to it now that I'm 180ish. I'm still not entirely there, but I can sit with them crossed at the knee pretty well, even in men's pants.

The girl in the linked photo to me seems to be a model, which means she's skinnier than even the average GG which helps. I've seen slender men sit with their legs crossed in this way as well, even Barack Obama in some TV interviews.

Zoiq
12-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I have found crossing my legs has become as easy as 1-2-3 because...

1. I tuck all the time.
2. I kept trying to keep them crossed until it became natural.
3. I like it :)

Sonia_cd
12-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Flexibility is the key, IMO. 4 months ago when I was terribly out of shape, every muscle would scream for mercy when I crossed my legs. But now I can do the double cross fairly easily. I would suggest some hip opening exercises. They work wonders :)

shorty82
12-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Some of y'all are going to hate me for this but I can easily double cross my legs (though single is more comfortable) and have been able to for years. Helps I'm very skinny and flexible.

Stephanie Heplby
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to agree with most folks here, thigh size is the key. My wife can no longer cross her legs like this either. I have always preferred to sit this way. And, by the way, I do not think anyone is looking at you, pointing, and yelling "girlie!". Most news casters and politicians sit in a tight cross, since the "manly" cross places focus on your crotch. Watch almost any interview with a president of the U.S. or prime minister of the U.K. in the last 20 years (Except possibly W., but that's another story entirely.)

As for the "double" cross, I also find that very comfortable.

A few people, including Doc, mention yoga. There is a common yoga pose known (in English) as "eagle" (Sanskrit: Garudasana, follow the link to view: http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/785).

Clearly, this is a "double" cross with some added elements. If you want to develop a more healthy body and mind, with some added feminine traits, take up yoga. You will not be disappointed.

I saw one person say that they cannot touch their toes... Ouch! Please, please work on that before you are too stiff to walk!

Angie G
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
You have to cross over up farther and make you crossed leg go down be force. If not done right it could cause some pain.And it's not a comfortable way to sit.:hugs:
Angie

suchacutie
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Ok, I just moved the chair back and crossed my legs, and I'm in some tight VS jeans. When I just crossed them I got about a 30 degree angle between the two legs, but I tensed some muscles a bit and could get the legs parallel without much trouble. I wouldn't want to leave them there forever, and I don't think that pose is as flattering as a small bit of angle, or having both legs parallel but at an angle to the body.

Frankly, I wouldn't try to sit like that normally...just not very attractive to my mind, but if I can do it in jeans, it sure can be done without (oh, and I'm 59 so it's not an age issue).

tina

silkenhose
12-09-2009, 04:04 PM

agree 100%, i can force my legs parallel however sitting naturally i sit like your pic with my foot pointing slightly out. i spend 3 to 4 days a week dressed at my desk so have had alot of practice, actually when typing this it made me think about how much my legs are crossed and they are alot of the time. even typing now i seem to sit back from the desk with my legs crossed and type away?????

silk

ReineD
12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
this it made me think about how much my legs are crossed and they are alot of the time.

I had a ballet teacher when I was young. She told me to avoid crossing my legs if I could, and just sit, knees together with lower legs at an angle (doesn't matter if ankles are crossed or not). The reason for this is to keep blood circulation in the leg flowing, and hopefully minimize varicose veins as we age. :)

StephanieH
12-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I've never had a problem with the traditional "girl" style cross-legged sitting and actually used to do it without thinking about it before I started dressing. I recently went through a ton of old photos from when I was a kid and had a good chuckle with them with my wife. The more she looked at them, the more she has to agree - I've always been kinda' a girl!

The photos of me from the 2nd grade on up become increasingly incriminating. In almost all of the informal pics taken by my mom, I'm sitting with my legs crossed "girl style." I don't think a lot of ten-year-old boys did that! :)

silkenhose
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I had a ballet teacher when I was young. She told me to avoid crossing my legs if I could, and just sit, knees together with lower legs at an angle (doesn't matter if ankles are crossed or not). The reason for this is to keep blood circulation in the leg flowing, and hopefully minimize varicose veins as we age. :)

ouch I am now typing with legs uncrossed...............hope this is ok with the Boss............

5150 Girl
12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Like this?

KayC
12-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Petite Duality:
I'm too old...

JasmineD
12-10-2009, 05:48 PM

To all who have learned to cross legs elegantly, my compliments and admiration for hard work and effort you put in.

But to say that pelvic anatomy has nothing to do is not true. There are significant differences between male and female pelvis.

Female pelvis is wider side to side and shorter in height and tilted more than male pelvis. Hip sockets in male face straight out whereas in female they face more to front, also hips are spaced wider apart in female. Neck of Femur [Thigh Bone] is angled more in female than male. Distance from hip joint to bottom of pelvis is shorter in female, hence less obstruction to inward movement of thigh [in addition to other more visible part in male]. Also comparing similar body frame male, female thigh has less girth.

All above together make female body better designed to cross legs. Also women do not wait till adulthood to start crossing legs; they start in early age and so develop proper strength and flexibility in formative years. Those like Randi can attest to it. Of course leaner the thigh, easier it is and vice a versa. At the end practice and training can help any one get there; it is just a lot harder for GM than GG.

nicole090456
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Easy Peasy, I dont know what all the fuss is about.

Nicole

Alicia Grey
12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Ashlee

the header of the picture in question reads
NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D2X Adobe Photoshop CS3
Windows 2007:10:29 22:36:40

however it may just have been to add the photog's watermark

ReineD
12-10-2009, 06:26 PM
ouch I am now typing with legs uncrossed...............hope this is ok with the Boss............

Try this one! Crossed ankles only. It's a classic, and no need to cut off circulation. :)

NathalieX66
12-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I keep thin and run and cycle regularly. I have rather big thighs. It hurts to cross my legs....maybe I should give up cycling. I do not have the movement capability of multi-directional femur-to-pelvis bone socket that our child-bearing sistren have.

Tess
12-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Just did the double cross...now I have to see if I can still walk when I get untangled.

Kelly Greene
12-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I have been crossing my legs from as long as I can remember.
I just tried the double cross for the first time and I have to admit that it is not easy and I can feel my muscles hips stretching as well as those in thighs, It feels good but I will have to work into holding the position for longer that 3 minutes. On the other hand I have not been able to sit indian style for as long as I can remember, the muscles on the inner thighs are just to tight.

Ashlee
12-12-2009, 09:00 AM
I had to hold them together for the pic but this is the result, looks very feminine if you ask me.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/ashlee_sue/DSC_0632.jpg

Persephone
01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I thought this was a particularly good demonstration of how to sit with your legs crossed when you are tall, wearing high heels, and sitting on a low seat. Very elegant and feminine!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/CrossedSmaller.jpg

stellatoo
01-26-2010, 02:15 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:7tggkosLh_TDtM:http://www.channel4.com/learning/microsites/I/ideasfactory/webit/lib/images/health_sport/yoga-eagle.jpg

Gillian
01-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Ooh hard one as I do not have the spread in the pelvic area to get a closed cross off perfectly so I sweep them together, under and to one side instead.

Nicole Erin
01-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I can do it if sitting in just the right position. It is not natural for me, and even to do so I kind of have to use my arm to force my leg into position.

Don't feel bad if you struggle.

Thing is, sitting with knees together seems to take a constant effort

My legs suck

Katesback
01-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Put a blanket over your legs and sit however ya want!! LOL

Nicole Erin
01-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Put a blanket over your legs and sit however ya want!! LOL

THAT would not draw any attention :heehee:

kellycan27
01-26-2010, 03:15 PM
106423106422 I can sit like this for hours. Never really been a problem or anything that I have had to consciously think about.

SamanthaS
01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Maybe Bobbie can come to Vegas and show me in the outfit she's wearing? Then I'm going to steal her pumps ;)

Heather Daniels
01-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Actually, I find it quite comfy to sit like this.

Daniela76
01-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Tucking is definitely the key for me! Anyone I tell about tucking is amazed that it doesn't hurt when they are up in their new home. It's out and about that the danger occurs.
And now losing weight is helping a lot.
I have a couple thin male friends who can cross their legs nicely, so it must have something to do with the thigh size.

I like the normal cross, and just tried the double cross. I can sort of do it right over left but it does hurt a bit. Left over right hurts too much on my back right now.
I also like the knees together crossed ankles.

Just need to shrink my thighs some more!!

Tina L.
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
For me right over left is easy, the other way not so much.
good luck just keep working at it.

Tina L.

sherri52
01-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I walked up and down stairs for a living. I find I have too many muscles to do it very easily. Most of the time I fail. When the chair is high enough I can fake it.

Luciana Vitale
01-26-2010, 09:38 PM
sometimes :)

Dee2U
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
I quite naturally cross my legs appropriately - I find the other way uncomfortable for my hip (I am stretching out my hip in this way as part of my exercise program). I have never found sitting with knees together with feet parallel to be comfortable but as stated already this may be muscle strength ( hence the shaking and quaking) as opposed to flexibility. I may give it a try as an "at your desk" exercise. I do not have overly muscled thighs and am quite proud of my calves and ankles....Dee

Renee_E
01-27-2010, 05:49 AM
I didn't know you had to learn how. I have sat like that naturally since I was young.

EnglishRose
01-30-2010, 05:00 PM
This thread inspired me to change avatar last night :)

Sara Jessica
01-30-2010, 05:11 PM
First visit today to this thread. I can totally do what the original model is doing but it's not all that practcal, or maybe better said it's not all that natural. More like a way to pose for a camera unless you do that angle thing and then it feels totally natural.

One way to do it is to angle your legs to the same side as the lower hip, as Rachel Weisz is doing in this photo...

Yup, as I said above, love that look!!!

And, of course, once you get that down and it becomes comfortable, you can go for the very feminine double cross

OMG, I can totally do this too!!!

Never mind the cross, your heels are so very pretty! :)

I had to hold them together for the pic but this is the result, looks very feminine if you ask me.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/ashlee_sue/DSC_0632.jpg

An absolutely beautiful pose Ashlee!!!

Sometimes Steffi
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM
I take a yoga class regularly, and one of the first things that I learned was that every body's different. I can sit in hero pose (sitting up on bent knees) and put my butt to the floor between my legs. But I can't sit in seated position legs straight out without a block under my butt. I also learned that both sides may not be the same.

So I can easilt do the right over left double cross, but it's a stretch left over right, although parallel is no problem.

Maxine_b
01-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Men can do it, but i don't think it comes naturally as it does for women. Although they are trained from almost birth to sit and cross that way. I remenber sitting in a waiting room with the young girl and her mother. All of a sudden I hear her mother say in a low voice..."close you legs". I guess the girl was sitting like a little boy would sit with knees apart. it was interesting to see how people are trained and social behaviors renforced from such a young age.

sfwarbonnet
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Tried it last night wearing pantyhose. Was a mojor challenge; will need lots of practice! As someone else noted, crossing legs the way GG's do it is much easier if you are sitting forward on the chair

charlie
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I think we need wider hips to carry this pose off comfortably!

Cathytg
02-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Interesting question. Now that I think of it, I feel more comfortable with my legs crossed like a man's. Yet, I will not do that when dressed.

victoriamwilliams1
02-02-2010, 02:59 AM
The thickness of you thighs is also a factor. I find with the right chair I can do a good cross:)

Loni
02-02-2010, 03:51 AM
miss south carloina was on a talk show, and had her lower legs inline, could have put her foot crossed again.

lucky and cute girl.

insearchofme
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I can't cross my legs due to two hip replacement (doc's orders). Therefore I have to sit with them close together. Here is a pic, not one of my best and I don't think I look good as a blonde, so consider this a community service.

hugs,

windycissy
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Here is the difficult double cross in a pencil skirt, caution: do not try this at home!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0dc25b3127ccef91ca63325ac00000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

VeronicaMoonlit
02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
From 2003, the cross leg sit with the slightly angled legs

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3032/2838294947_109fd0d21c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/veronicamoonlit/2838294947/)

Veronica Rogers

HannahF6
02-04-2010, 08:50 PM
That first shot is a gorgeous and very feminine leg cross:-
http://verbalsnapshots.files.wordpre...ossed-blog.jpg

But when I sw it I just looked at the dress, I want that dress.

Hannah

pattyv
02-04-2010, 09:00 PM
ReineD is correct. Crossing your legs cuts off blood circulation and causes problems in later life. Just keep your knees together and cross at the ankles if you feel the need to.

sfwarbonnet
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Tried it again last evening wearing a slip and pantyhose. Right on top worked fine and made me feel like a girl, but couldn't cross them left over right. However sitting with knees together was comfortable on both sides. FYI, I also confirmed my suspicion that tights and support pantyhose are warmer in the winter than regular ones; I also suspect that support pantyhose are cooler in the summer than regulars, as support suntans were OK in Vegas when rhe ambient temperature was > 100 (F).

sarah_alexander
02-15-2010, 02:44 PM
I am pretty skinny, I'm guessing thats what makes it pretty easy and actually pretty comfy tucked or untucked.

Nicole Erin
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
It does get more comfy with practice.

Hali
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Since womens hips are hinged fruther apart than mens its easier for them to do that.. Personally I have zero problem or discomfort crossing my legs and sit pretty femininly no mater how I'm dressed... Tucking actually helps.... In my humble opinion.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2338/2432740652_53a4f4b4c2_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2230/2431936155_fd17422d9b_m.jpg

I might be off the topic but i think this is the hottest pose of you i have ever seen.

Anyways the leg crossing has never been a problem for me cos i have been doing it right from childhood and i hav never seen it as a girly stuff. i can sit for ages its more confortable for me and nobody has ever looked at me with a quizzical look or anything.

Samantha_Smile
02-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Dont know what all the fuss is about.
Ive just crossed my legs with no problem, havent even moved from my seat. Managed a double cross with no more than a turn of my ankle!

For the record, I have a 37" inside leg, 6'6" and I'm 15 stone (210lbs for you lot across the pond).

Piece of cake.

....Mmmmmm, cake!

tammy
02-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Well you all look very feminine to me!
Tammy xx :battingeyelashes:

Sorry for the thunder face, sooooo not a good look!! :eek:

Alice B
02-16-2010, 12:50 PM
That's a great pose, but for me (and I think many of us) is that my thighs a a bit to large to be able to cross my legs that high up.

Ashley B
02-16-2010, 01:42 PM
There are a lot of good pictures in this thread, very nice poses. You all look so great that it inspires me to try and look better.

As far as crossing my legs, that's how I have always sat, even when I was in elementary school. I remember sitting on a bench with my friend and his older brother and having them give me a tutorial on how boys cross their legs (ankle resting on knee) and telling me that I should stop doing the thigh on thigh, lower legs parallel way.

When I wasn't sitting like that, my default way was using the double cross, and it still is. Another story: while camping with my family and another family, my friend and I were sitting on picnic benches with our moms, and they all started playfully making fun of me because of the way I sat. Then obviously everyone had to try it, and the only person who could do it apart from me was my mom. I'll never forget the comment my friend's mom made (of course as a joke): "Well you know what they say, like mother like daughter." As a 12 year old boy, I got all indignant on the outside, but on the inside that comment made me so happy.