PDA

View Full Version : A Pantyhose Question

Daphnie-Duck
07-30-2005, 01:39 PM
As I have mentioned in a couple other threads here, shaving the legs is not a practical option for getting rid of unwanted body hair at this time.

So then, as an alternative, what about panty hose? Specifically, I'm hoping to find some that will give the illusion of smooth, bare legs with a natural-looking "skin tone". Your typical basic tan nylons don't do the job, since the hair shows right through them, and I don't want pale white ones, or black ones. So, do any of the manufacturers make what I am after? And more importantly, can these be found at Wal-Mart? (Normally, I don't like giving WM my biz. However, they are a necessary evil for me, since they are the only place in town that I know of that has self-service checkout counters.)

--
Daphnie

maryannsung
07-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Go buy a pair of solid color tights from a dance wear store. Wear them and you can put on a pair of sheer panty hose on top of that. Problem is it can be very hot in the summer. Also please do not wear sandals when you wear pantyhose.

Stephanie Mancini
07-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Look for something at least in the 40 denier or higher range to cover, for something that little bit special look out in stores for Wolford 40 denier neon ganz pantyhose, expensive yes but will hide all hairs and look and feel utterly and decadently feminine, sheer elegance!

Steph

tifftg
07-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes dance tights underneath and then color as you desire. My wife does not know about Tiffany so I can't shave my legs. All my photos are that two layer look. Does get hot in the summer though.

Tiff

JenniRose
07-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Beige or nude dance tights with your favorite pantyhose, thigh-highs or stockings work well...

But please, find a reason to shave! It is much more comfortable.

I went to a dermatologist and convinced my wife that I had to keep my legs free of hair. That was twelve years ago.

Find a reason, you will be much more comfortable, and enjoy your hosiery much more.

JenniRose

Deborah
07-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Beige or nude dance tights with your favorite pantyhose, thigh-highs or stockings work well...

I went to a dermatologist and convinced my wife that I had to keep my legs free of hair. That was twelve years ago.

Find a reason, you will be much more comfortable, and enjoy your hosiery much more.

JenniRose

Shaving is not an option when you are in the military or reserves. I was in for 10 years and didn't even think about doing it until i got out.
Remember the military is mostly about being a macho male....in theory anyway.
God only knows how i survived it.

JamieDP
07-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Try http://www.wolfordboutiquelondon.com/

I've had success with their opaques and their sheers.

Check out the Satin Opaque 50 - sandy breeze for my fairer skinned sisters.
Check out the Velvet Deluxe 50 - Coca and mocca for my browner sisters.

Wolfords are also incredibly comfortable to me at least.

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-30-2005, 04:19 PM
O M G u would think on a CROSSDRESER forum at least one of u would have sugested a look at any of the many sites for cds to buy clothes..........

hiddenwoman.com,,,daniellesboutique.com,,,findingh ose.r8.org,,,,,
dressed2play,com,,,,,,,,pantyhosesource.com,,,,lil devilsexshop.com,,,
www.69denier.com,,,,
www.femmfatale.com,,,, just to name a few

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12125

do a google search also for cd clothing

keeping ur legs hairless is the best way to go tho,, and its not a good idea to keep secrets from the wife/girlfriend.... i showed my wife the first week we met that i dress,,12 yrs we have been together :D

one more thing,,, dont worry about what anyone around u is thinking,,, the check out clerk is there to take ur money so they dont give a crap what ur buyin and the people around u r to wraped up in their own little world to even notice ur standing next to u...

Rachel Ann
07-30-2005, 05:01 PM
As I have mentioned in a couple other threads here, shaving the legs is not a practical option for getting rid of unwanted body hair at this time.

So then, as an alternative, what about panty hose? Specifically, I'm hoping to find some that will give the illusion of smooth, bare legs with a natural-looking "skin tone". Your typical basic tan nylons don't do the job, since the hair shows right through them, and I don't want pale white ones, or black ones. So, do any of the manufacturers make what I am after? And more importantly, can these be found at Wal-Mart? (Normally, I don't like giving WM my biz. However, they are a necessary evil for me, since they are the only place in town that I know of that has self-service checkout counters.)

Daphnie
Tights would be a better option for you, since they are opaque. I usually buy hosiery at Target or Walgreens. If you mix in a few "male" items, they can always be something you're picking up for your wife or gf. I have never once gotten "funny looks" from clerks, they are usually too zoned out to pay much attention to items that they scan, or the customers.

Good luck with this.

Rachel xx

MichelleGray502
07-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Th' best thing i find is silky tights covers most of th' hairs on your legs,if you don't 'ave time to shave. But shaving is th' best thing to do and feels a lot better as well, i shave most of th' time but sometimes i let it slip for a few days and it is usually quite a job to shave it off afterwards so i try and keep it up as much as possible.

Sharon
07-30-2005, 08:16 PM
O M G u would think on a CROSSDRESER forum at least one of u would have sugested a look at any of the many sites for cds to buy clothes..........

We all knew you wouldn't be able to resist joining in this thread, Obsessed, so we were waiting for you. :)

Alayna
07-30-2005, 08:45 PM
a lot of TG specific stores sell "Danskin" tights. They're strong and don't run, and you can wear nylons over them without getting any wavy lines. I have dark thick hair and they completely covered it up. There might be a few places online that stock them

MistyCD
07-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Go buy a pair of solid color tights from a dance wear store. Wear them and you can put on a pair of sheer panty hose on top of that. Problem is it can be very hot in the summer. Also please do not wear sandals when you wear pantyhose.

whats wrong with wearing sandals with pantyhose or tights, i wear them all the time, but then again, they are dress sandals!!!

misty

carson
07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
a lot of TG specific stores sell "Danskin" tights. They're strong and don't run, and you can wear nylons over them without getting any wavy lines. I have dark thick hair and they completely covered it up. There might be a few places online that stock them

I buy a lot of Danskin and Capezio tights (I do shave my legs but I also really enjoy dancewear! :rolleyes: ) My favorite online dance store for both those brands is New York Dancewear (www.nydancewear.com) You can also try a place called Dancewear Solutions (www.dancewearsolutions.com)

Rachel Ann
07-30-2005, 11:06 PM
whats wrong with wearing sandals with pantyhose or tights, i wear them all the time, but then again, they are dress sandals!!!
Dress sandals, especially strappy, with heels, are ok if you are otherwise dressed up. Hose just don't look right with casual sandals.

This sometimes creates a problem for me as my bare legs are somewhat blemished, but that's what Dermablend is for :p

Rachel Morley
07-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Once upon a time in my past I visited a "transformation place" and they advised me to wear a pair of white panty hose/stockings underneath my regular tan hose. (ie two layers) I must say, it worked fantastically for me. :)

Daphnie-Duck
08-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Once upon a time in my past I visited a "transformation place" and they advised me to wear a pair of white panty hose/stockings underneath my regular tan hose. (ie two layers) I must say, it worked fantastically for me. :)

I just tried that technique (off-white for the first layer, and tan for the second.) It almost, but not quite works. Looks like I might have to go with the tights option now, unless I can find some white, opaque pantyhose.

Jamie M
08-01-2005, 04:28 AM
Wow :eek:, thanks Daphnie for starting this thread and for all the girls with helpful hints to offer. I've been CDing for many many moons now and have nearly always had this problem. kelly now allows me to shave over the winter months but during the summer it's back to two layers of black opaques for me ,boy does it get hot.

I'm going to try and find a decent pair of dance tights now and let you all know how i get on :nerves:.

windycissy
08-01-2005, 10:53 AM
I just tried that technique (off-white for the first layer, and tan for the second.) It almost, but not quite works. Looks like I might have to go with the tights option now, unless I can find some white, opaque pantyhose.

It didn't work because if you have really hairy legs like me, you have to take an extra step: first opaque white tights, followed by opaque tan tights (like Danskins) and then finally a pair of sheer pantyhose or stockings. It's too hot for this time of year, but when it's colder out, it feels great, and looks like the real thing:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5df35b3127cce9e27893b948b00000010108IatWLlw0aW

Daphnie-Duck
08-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Check this out. I discovered a dancewear store at the mall here, so I decided to take the plunge and shelled out the $22 plus tax for some white tights. I think this is good enough for me for now. With the tan pantyhose I bought a couple days ago worn over them, the hair is not visible unless you are really up close:

So, problem solved. Thanks for all the tips, girls. :love:

Toni
08-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi Daphnie,

Before I started shaving I found that fishnets (Tights or Stockings) disguised the hairs pretty well and looked good as well.

cosmolovesph
08-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Check this out. I discovered a dancewear store at the mall here, so I decided to take the plunge and shelled out the $22 plus tax for some white tights. I think this is good enough for me for now. With the tan pantyhose I bought a couple days ago worn over them, the hair is not visible unless you are really up close:

So, problem solved. Thanks for all the tips, girls. :love:

Looks much better with the tights, while it may not be perfect (like shaving) it certainly is doing the job i think you are after.

Andrea18
08-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes go to www.suddenlyfem.com .

Rainbow6562005
08-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Wearing off-black pantyhose hides a lot of things, plus it looks sexy as hell.
:)
Rainbow

xam
08-02-2005, 10:23 PM
the 2 layer of pantyhose work like a charm (most of the time)

Daphnie-Duck
08-03-2005, 03:49 AM
Yes go to www.suddenlyfem.com .

Wow! I will definitely need to keep that site in mind for sometime in the not so near future. Right now, it's a bit too rich for my blood. But one of these days...

Before I started shaving I found that fishnets (Tights or Stockings)

I do plan on getting some fishnets eventually. But I need to cut down on the spending for a little while. However, once the Halloween shopping season comes around, I should be able to score some nice fishnet stockings fairly cheap at either Value Village or Big Lots. I absolutely love fishnets. :love:

the 2 layer of pantyhose work like a charm (most of the time)

Yeppers. And three layers is working even better. (See my entry in the "legs" thread). Tonight, I decided to try the tights, followed by the off-white pantyhose, followed by the tan pantyhose. I figured it would be a shame to have the off-whites just sitting in the drawer unused after shelling out a little over $2.00 for them.

Rachel Ann
08-04-2005, 06:10 AM
More than one pair of hose can get very hot, especially in the summer. I've found that taupe will cover a multitude of sins. :p

Angela Burke
08-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Two pairs of tights cover a multitude of unwanted hairy (yeeucchh!) stuff!
Love, Angela XX

tifftg
08-07-2005, 09:18 PM
So what do you think, would this work.

cosmolovesph
08-07-2005, 09:41 PM
So what do you think, would this work.

Seems to work just fine!
... guessing you don't shave or trim your leg hair?

tifftg
08-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Seems to work just fine!
... guessing you don't shave or trim your leg hair?

Since my wife does not know about Tiffany, I have to be stealth at this time.

Tiff

britney1
09-29-2005, 05:55 PM

JenniRose

What was the reason you gave your wife? I would interested in using it with mine.

Britney

cd_isabelle
09-29-2005, 09:06 PM
hi girls,

the two pantyhose look works well for me.

i agree with most of the girls who have posted and add that its simply a matter of mixing and matching and trying new styles until you find that one you love and then you stay loyal to that style.

hope you all find your perfect pair.

kisses,

cd_isabelle

haimya_sweet
11-03-2005, 02:12 AM
let me ask something else:
do two layers of tigh highs work in same way? I don't wanna cover everything, just the legs... :confused:

jjjjohanne
11-03-2005, 05:55 AM
I haven't tried it, but perhaps bleaching leg hair to blonde might make it less visible under pantyhose.