PDA

View Full Version : A freaky feeling ?

tinachristina
12-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Hey Girls,

I am posting after a long time as I felt quite satisfied by reading the forum and there was no need to post anything new.

But somedays back , I had a strange feeling. I was dressing up to be my best and putting all things that were part and parcel of it.

I did not look frequently into the mirror . As soon as I was done with my makeup and complete dressing , I saw myself in the mirror. I was shaken to the core. Really , in the mirror , I was looking the girl , I had always been looking to become. Though she was not perfect , she was what I wanted. You would say no big deal it happens all the time. But this was the strange feeling that I knew her and I have seen her or met her somewhere .

The hair on my body started rising( when you watch a horror movie) as if I had achieved something that I had not planned. It was really a very strange situation. In my mind , I saw that the both hands of a clock were pointing out at 12:00.

Was I daydreaming? I was fully awake.

Though I am a student and deep believer of science , I feel that there is something strange about the past life remembrance ( since I am a Hindu where we have such a philosophy) which I cannot explain. Was I looking at myself in past life or my brain was playing tricks ?

Maybe its all stupid but have you encountered such things ? What is your take on this situation?

Would like to hear from you .

Love and best regards,:love:
Tina

TabbyJames
12-09-2009, 08:17 AM
It is quite a feeling when you can look in the mirror and see someone you know who has been hiding for so long. It is an awakening experience and one that you won't forget. Enjoy her and let her out when she needs to be pampered.

DiannaRose
12-09-2009, 08:38 AM
I haven't yet seen my girl in the mirror, completely, but I've seen her eyes and I know she's there. She just needs a little time and attention (and the right foundation) and I know she'll be beautiful, because that's how she feels inside.

What a great experience for you, Tina! I'm so happy for you! :)

Wen4cd
12-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Though I am a student and deep believer of science , I feel that there is something strange about the past life remembrance ( since I am a Hindu where we have such a philosophy) which I cannot explain. Was I looking at myself in past life or my brain was playing tricks ?

I knew I'd 'met her somewhere' when I finally saw her through dressing. She was another avatar of an 'imaginary friend' I'd relied on as a young child, maybe she was from a past life, but she certainly was real and a partner of my soul for ever.

Certain parts of Hindu also have a dualist picture that I relate to what you described here, and is a philosophy I keep with me for joy. Some philosophies use a picture of gender androgyny in one being, showing external integration as a slightly hermaphroditic superbeing, (Buddha , Christ, etc) but what I like about the imagery of The Krishna and Radha, is that they are two, who make one picture of divinity when together.

What I see in it is like a model of inner identity in some ways. The bigger picture of divinity, in most religions, is usually a model of the individual's psychic life. The girl in the mirror is like my own personal Radha, and I am her Krishna. She was ever beside me, and grew together as children. She knows me closer than any human, and is half of the total 'me.'

If that makes any sense. :)

tinachristina
12-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I knew I'd 'met her somewhere' when I finally saw her through dressing. She was another avatar of an 'imaginary friend' I'd relied on as a young child, maybe she was from a past life, but she certainly was real and a partner of my soul for ever.

Certain parts of Hindu also have a dualist picture that I relate to what you described here, and is a philosophy I keep with me for joy. Some philosophies use a picture of gender androgyny in one being, showing external integration as a slightly hermaphroditic superbeing, (Buddha , Christ, etc) but what I like about the imagery of The Krishna and Radha, is that they are two, who make one picture of divinity when together.

What I see in it is like a model of inner identity in some ways. The bigger picture of divinity, in most religions, is usually a model of the individual's psychic life. The girl in the mirror is like my own personal Radha, and I am her Krishna. She was ever beside me, and grew together as children. She knows me closer than any human, and is half of the total 'me.'

If that makes any sense. :)

That is another fantastic way of looking at things . Though I am not at all religious kinds but there are certain aspects of Hinduism that appeal to me , esp androgny, transgender and cross dressing. The references are there in almost all epics. The stories may or may not be true but they provide a guiding light towards acceptance of differences in our environment.

And of course my own personal conflict for the reason of cross dressing between past life theory and the empirical demands of new science. It is a difficult situation.

But I feel we have to live with what are born with ( explained or not) and we better feel nice when we get the feeling I got.

Thanks for perspective.

Love :love:
Tina

Angie G
12-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Don't want to burst you bubble Tina. But I think you gust hit the level you wish to be at And the look was achieved. Or you may have been looking at sometime from the past who knows I take it the feeling was enjoyable. If so then that was way cool.:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Deja Vue all over gain... I've had a few.... "Who the hell is that" moments when everything clicked... Usually they don't click and I'm not satisified with the results... But never any feeling that questioned who I was or what I wanted to be.. Always just old me looking back in the mirror... At various stages of prettiness!

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Maybe its all stupid but have you encountered such things ? What is your take on this situation?

Well, I had a similar "huh, that's weird" moment when I dressed to the nines as well once... Except for me it was the hair specifically that caught my attention. It looked in the back a lot like the hairstyle of this girl I had dated, and whose hair I really liked. I hadn't specifically tried to imitate her style, but it just came out that way and was easily the best-looking part of my outfit that day because it reminded me of her. Maybe your experience was something similar, except you might have missed putting your finger on the specific feature?

Krista1985
12-09-2009, 11:29 AM
In India the word for members of the third gender is Hijra (pronounced like hee- dra). It's the umbrella term for trans-sexual, cross dresser, intersex and neuter.

It's recognized as being it's own special caste, devoted to the Hindu goddess Bahuchara Mata. This deity has an interesting back-story. Long ago while traveling, Bahuchara's group was attacked by bandits and lost in the ensuing battle. To avenge their loss, Bahuchara placed a curse of impotence upon the bandit responsible. This curse was only lifted when the bandit worshiped Bahuchara while donning the clothing and accessories of a woman. And so the first Hijra was born.

Perhaps you were moved spiritually by your experience? Maybe it was a mirror unto a distant memory of your soul's long journey.

The coincidences that accompanied your experience might also be significant. Both hands on the clock reaching up towards noon (or midnight) is a very powerful image. It almost looks like someone praying. Taken together with the dream-like feeling and your hair standing on end, it sounds sort of like a prayer answered too.

Sounds like a reason to celebrate to me!:twirl:

Frédérique
12-10-2009, 06:06 AM
I saw myself in the mirror. I was shaken to the core. Really , in the mirror , I was looking the girl , I had always been looking to become. Though she was not perfect , she was what I wanted.

I think you would just naturally shape yourself into the ideal girl you wish to be, and over time you would resemble this fantastic creature more and more. One day you reach a point where you get close to your “goal” of becoming (or at least looking) female, and a transformation of the mind occurs, a parallel sensation to the change happening before your eyes. How to explain it? Why explain it? You’re a work of art, whether you know it or not, and a work of art has a life of it’s own – it never comes out the way you planned, but it’s wondrous and strange regardless. You did it, all by yourself…:battingeyelashes:

TeriAnn
12-10-2009, 06:58 AM
I had a very odd experience when I was first starting to learn about make up. I was out of town making deliveries and had finished for the day, went to my motel room and decided to get dressed as I had done before only thing is I was going to use makeup for the first time.
Got my shower and then sat down to try my hand at makeup, when I was about half done I took a close look in the mirror and lo and behold I saw my Mother staring back at me. I was seeing a reflection of a pix of her when she was 20 something. I freaked out took off the makeup, got undressed and didn't dress again for several years. I have come to my senses and I have enjoyed being a girl ever since. Strange but true:o

MissKara
12-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Thats how I felt last week when I put on my first wig and looked in the mirror. Since then I have learned to embrace Kara, and I love it.

The second I looked in the mirror, I saw someone who I had been surpressing for most of my life. It was nice to see her out and about :)

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

tiffanyjo89
12-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Maybe it's your subconcious finally working its way into your concious life.

Think about it, when we always "think" something (subconciously) eventually we will act on it...

I've actually had moments where I'll see a picture of a female family member or someone else and be like "Whoa, that's...not...me?" Due to the fact that I see myself, if for just a second, as that person.

docrobbysherry
12-10-2009, 11:31 AM
" In another life, I'll bet I was a FEMALE"!:)

( Female grasshopper, probably).:brolleyes:

lavistaa62
12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
... I had done before only thing is I was going to use makeup for the first time.
Got my shower and then sat down to try my hand at makeup, when I was about half done I took a close look in the mirror and lo and behold I saw my Mother staring back at me. I was seeing a reflection of a pix of her when she was 20 something. ...o

Had something similar happen- was experimenting on taaz and out of curiosity I changed my skin color and hair to be similar to my sisters and wow- we look exactly the same. Odd because in different sex mode I would have said we look nothing alike.