PDA

View Full Version : Outside of CDing do you have a lot of feminine traits?

TabbyJames
12-09-2009, 08:56 AM
For my weekly poll the question is: Do you exhibit a lot of feminine traits, habits, hobbies outside of cross dressing that came naturally?

For me, I make jewelry, love to wrap presents (with incredible hand tied bows), arranage flowers, garden, shop (I think this is a given for all of us), cook, decorate the house, put up christmas stuff, host dinners, etc...

Kerigirl2009
12-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Well for me it is the way i view my nails, with out stretched fingers. I have recently started cross stitching which is very fun for me and relaxing.:)

MarciManseau
12-09-2009, 09:35 AM
For my weekly poll the question is: Do you exhibit a lot of feminine traits, habits, hobbies outside of cross dressing that came naturally?

For me, I make jewelry, love to wrap presents (with incredible hand tied bows), arranage flowers, garden, shop (I think this is a given for all of us), cook, decorate the house, put up christmas stuff, host dinners, etc...

All of the above, and add sewing, calligraphy and reading romance novels, along with good fiction too. I've always been very feminine in the way I act and move too. Add that to being small and thin. I really think I was supposed to be born a girl.

meri
12-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I have actually been thinking about this recently and the line between what is considered feminine vs. masculine has really become very blurry over that past couple of decades. Women increasingly become involved in masculine activities so where does that leave the line?

For instance, some women love to watch football and drink beer. The work in construction jobs, auto mechanics and forestry. They even wear jeans and heavy boots.

Where does that leave the line?

Some men are stay-at-home mom's and raise kids and do housekeeping.

My personal opinion is that the "line" was drawn by older generations and that it was never completely based on a gender's particular natural urge. I suspect it was drawn because women were generally left at home to raise babies and men were out "hunting".

The line is disappearing and if any group is behind the curve in this transition, it's men. We need to get with the program and enjoy some of the activities formerly occupied only by women. The women have already headed for the doors....

Karren H
12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't know... Not really... Though the guys on my ice hockey team say I shoot like a girl... Does that count? :D

Caity
12-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I have always enjoyed baking, not so much cooking though. There are always fresh cut flowers in my house and I truly love to sew.

suchacutie
12-09-2009, 11:46 AM
This is a question I've been asking myself for the last 4 years: should I have seen this before? We've been wondering why Tina only surfaced 4 years ago. I'm not what one might call feminine as a guy! Yet I love to cook, love the soft side of romance, love to "dress" as a guy in guy clothes that are not drab, and I've never really been comfortable with "guy"-bonding activities. My daughter saw my high school picture and said that in today's language I would have been called a "pretty boy". Life is strange!

tina

Tanya83
12-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I get moody and whiny when I don't get my way. :D

EllieOPKS
12-09-2009, 12:07 PM
This is a very good question. I don't think I ever exhibited any fem actions when drab (just learned that term last night from a new friend) other than I have always been intrigued when passing the make up counter and I have always enjoyed soothing massages. I have always related massages as something girls do. Otherwise, I'm about as masculine as you will find, but when I get the opportunity to dress up, I want to be as absolutely feminine as I can be in dress, make up, nails, actions, etc.

PhillyGuy2Girl
12-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I know I have a few feminine traits outside of CDing. I love to cook,like Days Of Our lives and a few ABC soaps and love to look through women's catologs.

Felicity :)

Danielle76
12-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I can't say I have any feminine traits at all except for when I'm dressed up. Outside of dressing up, I'm a pretty manly fellow, and believe it or not, I'm absolutely happy that way.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM
I have actually been thinking about this recently and the line between what is considered feminine vs. masculine has really become very blurry over that past couple of decades. Women increasingly become involved in masculine activities so where does that leave the line?

For instance, some women love to watch football and drink beer. The work in construction jobs, auto mechanics and forestry. They even wear jeans and heavy boots.

My personal opinion is that the "line" was drawn by older generations and that it was never completely based on a gender's particular natural urge. I suspect it was drawn because women were generally left at home to raise babies and men were out "hunting".

The line is disappearing and if any group is behind the curve in this transition, it's men. We need to get with the program and enjoy some of the activities formerly occupied only by women. The women have already headed for the doors....

This is an *EXCELLENT* point and I think it is part of the reason that gender confusion has become so prevalent lately. Women, essentially, have taken over a lot of the things that used to be "the man's territory," in the name of equality, which is fine, but now we men essentially have nothing that is exclusive to us, so I fear that men now question what our role is (if any) in society as a whole... On the contrary, women are now permitted and encouraged to do all the things men do, and more. Women have all the options we have and then some. So since women have been becoming more like men in terms of what they are societally permitted to do, what option do we have except to become more like women? Something like that. I dunno.

Anyway! Back on topic, I'm short (for a man) and I kinda like it that way actually. I'm not the strongest guy out there, I have very very smooth hair (I've had girls run their hands through my hair before and say that they wish their hair was like mine. It's not long but it is soft), I *LOVE* shopping, I love a good love story (<3 The Notebook), my favorite color is pink, and I used to drink with my pinky out. That last one stopped somewhere along the line, but I'm secretly trying to get back in that habit. ;)

chriscosmos
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I actually am in much more in touch with my feelings that most men. I want to hug and kiss everyone. I love babies. I'm theatrical. I always sympathize with everyone. I'm very inconsistent. But I don't believe these are really "female" qualitites but just qualities I have that I don't repress other than hugging and kissing everyone (though the love does come out of my eyes I think).

Being a man is a lot like being in drag. It's an attitude I learned so I would make a statement to other men that I was "ok" and "don't mess with me". And I'm fine with that. I enjoy being both sexes and I would enjoy being neither sex even more (I'm kind of gender queer at heart).

silkenhose
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
When i am not dressed i am a guy, love guy stuff. however when dressed (which is 3 days a week all day ave.) i turn into a girly girl.......and a submissive one

silk

lavistaa62
12-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't like sports (watching them anyway) not even a little. I do love chick flicks, inside the home stuff (though I also do all the work, carpentry, wiring and so on), womens clothes- though not mens. I probably have some unconscious female habits as well- the nail thing mentioned above, the way I throw and run, maybe some mannerisms. Mostly I preferred to have female friends; of all the "male" and "female" traits I think hanging out primarily with ones own sex is a very strong one.

Ranma
12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
My wife tells me i pose without thinking especially when i am lounging. I'm also told i sleep like a girl but i'm not sure what that means. Shopping is a given and i'm told i have a lot of feminine mannerisms. I have no interest in sports except for maybe individual ones such as snowboarding. I love chick flicks one of my favorite movies is Just Like Heaven. My wife says she feels like she is more married to a woman than a man. i don't notice these things unless they are pointed out. :)

Deborah Jane
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Nope......All my hobbies and interests are what are classed as normal guy activities

SusanMarie
12-09-2009, 07:52 PM
My SO tells me my overall demeaner is more female than male, in everything I do.:)

Mona
12-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I naturally pose my legs like a girl and am small and thin. I also like to be gentle and supportive. Definitly not a bald headed goatee wearing bubba!

Alice B
12-09-2009, 10:00 PM
None at all. Very masculine when not Alice.

Rachel Morley
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM

Exactly! .... I wholehearted agree with this post. :)

Stephanie81
12-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Well, I really enjoy cooking and baking... trait-wise I am quite androgynous when in boy mode.. I'm not particularly small, but i have soft features and very clear soft skin.. Also I wear make-up when I'm in boy mode as well.. foundation and lip gloss. I also loooooove clothes shopping and really hate overtly masculine sports and games. So i suppose I am rather feminine anyway..

Interesting question tho' :thumbsup:

NathalieX66
12-09-2009, 10:20 PM
My natural vocal range is a higher register, so I could pass on the phone...which I have quite often.

Samantha Girl
12-09-2009, 11:13 PM
:oWell, I am really good at most visually artistic endeavors, I AM an artist! :D Like you Tabby I'm good with flower arranging, gift wrapping, etc. Also because of my artistic/visual approach to the world I tend to excel at color coordination and putting outfits together, and of course putting on makeup! :D Also I don't have a high voice, it's lower for sure however I can fake it well. When I used to answer the phone at home when I was a teen people always thought I was my older sister! Even after my voice changed! :p

Being shy an artistic I've been labeled as gay/feminine most of my life, I'm used to it now ;)

EDIT: Whoops! Outside of crossdressing you say?! :p Ummm I guess the 1st couple I mentioned :o

Sally2005
12-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Not really. Does grease on my hands from fixing my snowblower count? I can do a lot of things, I'm a big DIYer. I guess traditional traits might be...I can operate a sewing machine, bake, do the laundry, creative, worry about too much... I probably do just as many male oriented things too. I don't really consider any gender related... I just do what I need to do to get the results I want.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Speaking of feminine traits, I got a "girly" compliment at work tonight... A girl who works with me complimented my fingernails of all things. I was in guy mode, nothing feminine about me (except that I wear my bra and breastforms at work), and my nails were a little too long. I was going to trim them before work today but was running behind. (Spent too much time posting here!) I do make sure to keep them clean under the nail but that's about it. She said that's what she liked: even though they were long the edge was neat and they were clean. Go figure. Not a compliment I was expecting for sure! I immediately smiled and thought about this thread with a chuckle. Hehe :)

Frédérique
12-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Do you exhibit a lot of feminine traits, habits, hobbies outside of cross dressing that came naturally?

I’m very good at doing small, delicate things with my hands, since I’m an artist. More on that in a minute, but I’m also good at wrapping presents (I even create my own wrapping paper), hanging and arranging pictures, organizing meals (I like to cook), decorating, etc. I'm also good at yielding -- is that a feminine trait?

As I said, my artwork is small and delicate – for years I’ve been “tucking away” my maleness and approaching things in a more feminine way. It’s a natural progression – I don’t like stuff on the wall that screams for attention, even though I’m a “sister” to all artists. Crossdressing has a huge effect on the artwork I make, both in subject matter and mode of execution. I like where it's leading me...:battingeyelashes:

cami01
12-10-2009, 08:20 AM
I love to dress and when i am i feel not only feminine but also feel very sexy. My body style is very masculine but when dressed its like i am transform into a different person. Its a great feeling !!

Spacey
12-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I have been told on occasion that I have girlie fingers and also eyelashes. I do think the lines are very blurred these days with activities and preferences. That said, I can't say I've ever been an overtly testosterone induced masculine male. Never found the need to prove my alpha male status. I hate sucker punches while watching the game and belching beer. I don't even watch the game. I have observed that I sit funny for a man and am forever correcting myself in front of people. I have always sat on the toilet. Don't know what that is all about. Lol!

nancyish
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I hardly have any masculine traits !lol.I fuss and fret like your grandma(thats how i got the name Nancy).I cook ,clean ,sew and play bridge with a bunch of grey haired grannies(and i love 'em!)I'm such a girly man(hehe).My sisters have always called me one of their sisters.Nancy

ikatrina
12-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I've always had an eye for interior design and have chosen almost everything for our house...including furniture, carpets, paint colour, drapes and all the accessories. I'm also better than my wife at putting outfits together for me and her. She's always asking my opinion on her hose, shoes, what skirt to wear etc. Recently, she also admitted that I was much better at applying and choosing makeup.....does that count as a female trait :)

Samantha Girl
12-10-2009, 02:09 PM
I've always had an eye for interior design and have chosen almost everything for our house...including furniture, carpets, paint colour, drapes and all the accessories. I'm also better than my wife at putting outfits together for me and her. She's always asking my opinion on her hose, shoes, what skirt to wear etc. Recently, she also admitted that I was much better at applying and choosing makeup.....does that count as a female trait :)

That's so funny ikatrina, my girl asks me for advice on most of her outfits too! :D

Kristen Kelly
12-10-2009, 03:50 PM

I also agree with Meri, for me It's more like what came first the chicken or the egg. I was 1 of 3 brothers growing up no sisters, so growing up we learned to cook, clean and sew, even took a crack at knitting. I was and still am not totally into sports, was never really good at them, always was the last picked. Then 4 years ago when I started getting out, I went totally to the left, changing my mannersims, interests and gromming, I became the girl I always wanted to be. Those that don't know me see it right away, it is now who I am, yes I supressed it before but no more.

Tess
12-10-2009, 09:57 PM
There are so many interests or traits that we share with the opposite sex that I'm not sure if I can really consider them feminine...in my case things like cooking, baking, painting watercolors, gardening, enjoying musical theater, afternoon tea. In addition I'm not the aggressive type, have great patience, and am very conscious of what I'm wearing.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-11-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure if I can really consider them feminine...in my case things like cooking, baking, painting watercolors, gardening, enjoying musical theater, afternoon tea.

Unless you're a hobbit living in Middle-Earth, that's feminine. ;)

aggi123
12-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Nothing whatsoever.

linnea
12-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Well, most of what we call "feminine" traits are learned or constructed, so to say that I have such traits simply means that I have learned some of these through my male upbringing.

I recently read some comments by Lucille Sorella who sells an array of publications and CDs intended to help crossdressers and TGs to behave in a more feminine way. One of these traits was politeness.
My mother insisted on my brother and me behaving with good manners; to her it was not a feminine trait but a matter of civil behavior that everyone should exhibit. I learned this behavior then; I still try to practice it whether I'm in masculine or feminine mode.
But if it's a feminine trait, then I have exhibited it for many decades regardless of how I am dressed.

Joanie_Shakti
12-11-2009, 12:44 AM
I played with Raggedy Ann and Andy when I was a kid and wanted an Easy Bake Oven.

I dislike participating in all team sports and watching sports on TV in general, though I will watch open wheel and Le Mans styles of auto racing when I come across it. And sidecar motorcycle racing is kind of fascinating. I've always wondered what it was like to be the monkey in the sidecar, shifting my weight back and forth.

I cry easily at movies and when I hear good live music. I like to attend plays when I can and enjoy musicals both in motion picture form and live drama.

Women have told me they are envious of my eyelashes. In fact, I rarely wear mascara as even with makeup remover, they just stand out so much after I clean it off.

Vicki-Z
12-11-2009, 02:10 AM
I love shopping particularly for women clothes. Can't stand shopping for men clothes. I like cooking. I always squat to pee ever since I was a small child it seems natural to me. My wife tells me that I do girly things such as the way I cross my legs and make motions with my hands while talking. She says that one night she was out with some of our friends ( I couldn't make it) they got on the subject of feminine men. Both the men and women said they thought I was feminine. She says even our kids have mentioned that I do feminine things. Gosh! All these years I always thought I appeared masculine. :o

Vicki :love:

Amanda Styles
12-11-2009, 02:45 AM
I love shopping particularly for women clothes. Can't stand shopping for men clothes. I like cooking. I always squat to pee ever since I was a small child it seems natural to me. My wife tells me that I do girly things such as the way I cross my legs and make motions with my hands while talking. She says that one night she was out with some of our friends ( I couldn't make it) they got on the subject of feminine men. Both the men and women said they thought I was feminine. She says even our kids have mentioned that I do feminine things. Gosh! All these years I always thought I appeared masculine. :o

Vicki :love:

Vicki, we must be twins separated at birth. Same with me, I rarely shop for male stuff unless I absolutely need something.
Amanda gets new stuff all the time. I sit to pee 90% of the time, and I also gesture a lot with my hands when talking. I too have predominantly sat with my legs crossed like a girl since I was young.
I have always enjoyed cooking but I don't see that as a female trait. My dad enjoyed cooking and was far from girly. I do enjoy a good chick flick, I play music and used to draw and paint. I've always had an eye for fashion, and enjoy watching GG's. On the other hand, I have done lot's of high risk things, like skydiving, racing cars and bikes, working as firefighter/paramedic.
My second ex told me I was more of a female than she was.
I should have told her thanks.

Amanda Styles
12-11-2009, 02:50 AM
Speaking of feminine traits, I got a "girly" compliment at work tonight... A girl who works with me complimented my fingernails of all things. I was in guy mode, nothing feminine about me (except that I wear my bra and breastforms at work), and my nails were a little too long. I was going to trim them before work today but was running behind. (Spent too much time posting here!) I do make sure to keep them clean under the nail but that's about it. She said that's what she liked: even though they were long the edge was neat and they were clean. Go figure. Not a compliment I was expecting for sure! I immediately smiled and thought about this thread with a chuckle. Hehe :)
Excuse me if this is off topic but , I was just wondering. I read in an earlier post that you work delivering pizza. Do you get any flack from your employer or any other coworkers when you wear your bra and breastforms in drab mode? I assume they are visible. What do the girls say?

Sideways
12-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Could I be a hobbit... like Pippin or Meri.

As traits go ... it depends on who you ask and how much or little information they have.

In my social circles most of the 'traditional' roles are mutual territory or reversed.

If I don't shave my pits its because I feel like a hippy chick. Well, some days.

I'm flamboyant but not in way that's readily identified as gay.

Some people would say, as unhealthy as it may seem, the way I hold a cigarette. Or even if I walk with a swagger, they rarely hear my footsteps on the floor. I listen well, readily give eye contact. The way I laugh is more with a demure smile. I don't have a firm handshake. I used to play the harp. And the last person I dated said that making out with me was like making out with a girl - something I've heard more than once, even with the scruff of my chin getting in the way.

Or we could take a trip back to my teen years, where while some of my friends were growing pot in their closets, I was growing orchids.

girlalex
12-11-2009, 03:33 AM
when in guy mode my mind is still at the same place as when im dressed. the dressing just enhances everything. other then that i caught my self talking like a girl both in tone and word choice. then after i would have a conversation with either another girl or a guy i just realize how girly i was and it makes me really shy to talk to the same person later lol.

Samantha Girl
12-11-2009, 04:05 AM
OK this isn't a feminine trait but whatever. Alongside my Star Wars toys and G.I.Joe toys I played with as a kid I also had a number of Strawberry Shortcake dolls, fun! :D

Mascara_CD
12-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Yes the way i sit and hand gestures plus my nails are long, so i always feel i am in fem when i am not dressed ( Or wish i was ).

PS: Every now and then my fem voice comes out on the phone or in conversation. :brolleyes:

Schatten Lupus
12-11-2009, 04:54 AM
My fiance tells me I over analyse things in a feminine manner, but I think that is more having Aspergers than acting feminine. I do tend to cross my legs alot though, and find it at times to be more comfortable than not crossing them.

Being shy an artistic I've been labeled as gay/feminine most of my life, I'm used to it now
I've gotten the gay label several times. Someone has even went as far as to say my fiance is just a cover up.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Excuse me if this is off topic but , I was just wondering. I read in an earlier post that you work delivering pizza. Do you get any flack from your employer or any other coworkers when you wear your bra and breastforms in drab mode? I assume they are visible. What do the girls say?

Well, I pulled two of the three managers (specifically, the two who have the ability to fire me) aside one day, one at a time, and told them that I have an extreme case of gynecomastia and that my doctor recommended I start wearing a bra. This was this past spring, so I mentioned that during the last winter I had "kept them hidden" with thick heavy clothes and my coat, but now that it was warming up that wasn't an option anymore. So I explained that I wanted them to know what was up in case they did get any complaints from customers. Both said they understood and would take up for me if needed.

To this day, not one customer has said a word either to me or my bosses. It's not showed up in the random customer-satisfaction surveys, nothing. And my tips went up. Cool, huh? LOL :)

EDIT: Forgot to answer other question. The girls at work don't really say much of anything. If I somehow direct the conversation in that direction (subtly, I might add) to fish for their thoughts, then they admit that they were curious. I then feed them a similar story to what I told my managers, and they're all cool with it. They don't, uh, want to go bra shopping with me or anything, but they're accepting enough. One girl came in carrying her uniform under her arm one day and was about to change in the restroom... At the moment she was wearing a white tank top and her bra was clearly visible through the back... I could tell it was a terrible fit for her, and I wanted SO bad to say something and go shopping with her... Hehe, but I'd prefer to keep my job rather than risk a sexual harassment complaint. ;)

RachelZ
12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I have so many female characteristics that have leeked over into my male self I'm highly surprised I don't get asked if I'm gay or a crossdresser more often. I use lavender body wash whether I'm dressing or not, I hate being hairy so I try to keep my body hair well groomed, I love flowers and things that smell pretty, I have my nails painted black (because I'm a musician and I can get away with it :)) I enjoy watching chick flicks, and I plan out what I'm going to wear sometimes days before I wear it.

Laura'sCloud
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I have some Femmine traits outside of CDing, i enjoy cooking, reading or watching love stories, letting my nails grow long. I have no real intrest in any sports and I perfer to spend my time talking with the girls than hanging out with the guys.

Avana
12-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I tend to be wary of these kind of conceptions of femininity, because they are often constructed by society rather than individuals.

In that regard, I think my traits/interests are simply my own.

But, if I were someone else looking at me with this outside perspective, many of my traits would be classified as 'feminine'.

- i am very much into cooking (larousse gastronomique is always in my kitchen!)
- i am a designer by profession and have always been interestedor involved in some way with fashion, art, architecture, etc . my girlfriend is a fashion designer, so i also get a lot of exposure that way. i read fashion mags all of the time (ie i look at the photos :p)
- ive always loved dressing up, en femme or otherwise
- i have a gentle and serene demeanor and touch. (my girlfriend is bisexual and I know this is something she has always liked about me)
- i am slender and have always had a more feminine figure

certainly i have masculine traits as well - assertiveness, some sense of competitive motivation, etc

i prefer to think of my feminine and masculine aspects as a two sides of a truly well rounded person :p

Maxi
12-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I would have to say masculine. I am the big, burly, hairy guy, with the big muscluar arms. I tell people I play "Susie happy home maker", and they just laugh at me. I really doubt they could picture me in a dress, and heels.

marny
12-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Geez . Wish I could be a better baker... but sure am good at painting toenails!

Schatten Lupus
12-13-2009, 05:05 AM
I have my nails painted black (because I'm a musician and I can get away with it )
I didn't count that one. Allthough it has been quite awhile since I have painted my nails.

I would have to say masculine. I am the big, burly, hairy guy, with the big muscluar arms. I tell people I play "Susie happy home maker", and they just laugh at me. I really doubt they could picture me in a dress, and heels.
I myself, by no means have a feminine figure. But at my last job, I was called miss or ma'am so many times, that I responded to it a few times, and eventually came to expect it. I worked for an inventory company, and what makes it odd, is the stores were most people would think I was a girl at first was male associates at Lowes, and female associates at Kmarts. It happened so frequently at Lowes that it happened almost always at least once per store.
Other than my hair being cut right at collar length, I have no idea what else was percieved that made people think I was a woman.

StephSissy
12-13-2009, 05:15 AM
The biggest thing that comes to mind right away, although I dont' know if I'd necesarrily consider it a trait, is that for as long as I can remember, anytime we went to any type of family function, I was always sitting with the women/girls. The boys/men could be watching a football game or something ont hat order and I'd be sitting with the women talking. I've always just kinda sided with the women.

The only other thing that really sticks out and rings a bell, if it could be considered feminine is that my SO ALWAYS point out that I have this certain stance that I stand in without thinking about it and she says I look like Peter Pan?!??

Larissa Philips
12-13-2009, 08:39 AM
I had to think about this, stop, think about it some more, eat an egg and finally asked my roommates. According to them, in all the infinite knowledge that 2 gay men may possess, I have the following "female" traits:

Addiction to shopping/window shopping (love the malls!)
Small female hands (this is no joke, me and my sister have the same hands)
Girl feet (they are pretty tiny for guy, me and my sister share the same shoe size)
A natural glide and sway to my walk when dressed (I have noticed this myself and have to work very hard when in, drab?, to cover it)
Your basic female mentality towards everything (I don't get this one)
Animated hands when speaking
Flirt like a pro-female (without realizing it apparently)

These guys have known me for like years, so I trust their judgment.

AmandaBlack
12-13-2009, 08:51 AM
I catch myself sitting on the couch a certain way sometimes...other than that I'd say no. I do notice smal details on woman, makeup particularly, the way one does their eys or lipstick but that's all internalized.
Otherwise, out of dress ,I'm just a guy.

AlisonRenee
12-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I once worked with a gay man who said his gaydar clocked me as something. He missed the mark, didn't guess that I'm a CD. I guess his gaydar wasn't calibrated for CD. Then, I didn't present as anything but hairy male at the time, it was a phase when I was pretending I wasn't. But I guess that's a clue that I have some feminine traits.

TonyaV
12-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I cry at movies.

Sarah Doepner
12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes, I'm pretty emotional when it comes to movies and shows and I'll have to fight back the tears if something hits me. I'm the nurturing one of the marriage, trying to make sure everyone feels good about themselves. I did the decoration and furnishing of the house and design the landscaping. I'm a constant windowshopper for clothes and help my wife with outfits occasionally. I do the shopping, cooking, laundry and most of the cleaning. I cross my legs at the knee and love to let my nails grow out so I can polish and shape them.

No, I'm too damn logical and rarely choose with my heart over my head. I enjoy team sports, but my wife is the one with the season tickets to Basketball, but I like to go and enjoy the games. I don't know if we watch it the same way or have the same emotional response to the games though. When I'm with my buddies I lie and brag and tell stories that are very unladylike. My hands are too big and clumsy to do detailed crafty things. I think I'd do them if I could, but just don't know.

I don't know for sure what male and female traits are. I think some of the stereotypes have been addressed here, but that may be all they are.

MarciManseau
12-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I do the shopping, cooking, laundry and most of the cleaning. I cross my legs at the knee and love to let my nails grow out so I can polish and shape them.

Wanna marry me? :devil:

Jenni_Aurora
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I often cross my legs when im sitting down at a couch or somewhere else where i dont have a desk in front of me. When i do, my legs are crossed usually at the ankle, and my legs are together (mostly). Depending on how much energy i have at the time, i will walk very effeminately, with a natural swish to my hips, and with my arse sticking out, lol. I would grow my nails long, but ive had the nasty habit of nail biting/chewing ever since i was a wee little kid. When im with my fiance or my best friend (a chick) out shopping, there is a good chance ill slip into my mental persona of Jenni, and start shopping like a girl, i guess :p. Although that happens more often when im with my best friend and not my girl. Depending on what persona of mine is in charge upstairs, my vocal inflections, and intonation will change accordingly. Ive caught myself talking to people in my female mode, without even realizing it, which nobody has said anything to my about, thankfully. There's no way i can pass on the phone (yet!) because I used to be a baritone in my college's men's chorus, and my vocal range is still mostly masculine. When im dressed up, my masculinity really does take a back seat, and Jenni takes over.. its quite a rush sometimes.. hehe