PDA

View Full Version : "I'll make you look younger"

Lorileah
12-10-2009, 01:31 AM
that's what the lady at the Este Lauder counter told me. And this only minutes after looking in a 5X mirror at Restoration Hardware (I wonder if they sell spackle there for the deep lines in my face).

So I am "OTH", the backside of life, ready for the front porch...old :( Reality hits you in the mall.

Not really that upset. I am older, I didn't wear sunscreen when younger, I have laugh lines, not much hair and wrinkles. And I was ....in male mode.

But the cool part was the SA. I was looking at the samples of make up when she came over. She asked if she could help me. I told her not right now but thanks and jokingly said I would be back later for a make over (awaiting reaction). Nary a blink. "We do men too." she said. I smiled and showed her a few pictures of Lori. She asked if I made up frequently then offered to do a make over for me...to make me look younger! I said I would keep her in mind :) I wonder if she can make me 25 again. :daydreaming:

Kerigirl2009
12-10-2009, 01:38 AM
I just might have to start carrying pics of me just so i can do that too. what an idea. Thanks. Oh by the way I love your avatar pic too.:)

Samantha Girl
12-10-2009, 01:55 AM
That's really cool Lorileah! :) You should go for it just for fun! :D Why not?!

As stated before in other threads I just don't have the balls in a mall for things like this, such a pussy! :Angry3:

I am still young but age is starting to show. I don't actually care about age per se. What I care about is my rapidly thinning hair! :sad: One of my favorite things about crossdressing is playing with/styling my hair. Guess I better start shopping for wigs soon :p Need to find some nice stylable wigs.

rayander01
12-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Lorileah, if you need spakle I'd need the cement truck. Besides, you don,t have a clue what old is.

Rey

DAVIDA
12-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Do they carry vanishing cream? I would love to use some on my belly!:heehee:

skirtsuit
12-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Go for it!

I had a great make over at the Estee Lauder counter in Macy's recently. The young lady who did it spent about an hour with me, answering all of my many questions. The look was soooo nice, I bought a bunch of stuff, which is the real purpose of a makeover!

All the Best,
Ann / SS

Sarah_new
12-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Sounds as though you were having a good time at the Estee Lauder counter. I have also had an impromptu make over by Estee Lauder in a department store in the centre of Oxford. I was just browsing, like you were, in male mode, and the S.A asked if I needed any help. My reply like you was "not just now thanks just looking for ideas". Anyway about 10 minutes later after looking at other make up I went back and the same S.A welcomed me so I asked for advice on their max coverage foundation, telling her it was for me. At which point she said if you have time I could do a makeover, so there I was having the full works, foundation powder, blusher eyes. Yes I did buy some stuff and for me the Estee Lauder max coverage foundation is my favourite.

Seems that make up concessions all want our business and are out to make us welcome in the process.

Miranda09
12-10-2009, 07:12 AM
When you go back, make sure that, after your makeover, you post some pics so your little sis can look in awe and get some pointers!! :)

KarenEdwards
12-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I've had several makeovers and they are FUN! In fact, the photo I use here as my avitar was taken after a Merle Norman makeover in Atlanta. So, I'm thinkin'...it's about time for another one!

Fab Karen
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Tips for looking young:
don't get long exposure to full sun ( remember the moronic idea that a deep tan was "healthy"? )
moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
learn to do make-up well
drink the blood of virgins

Kate17
12-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Lorileah

Can you tell me what store this nice woman was at. I like to give my business to people who care. Do you remember her name??

Kate

SuzanneBender
12-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Lorileah OTH?????? Paleeez. It took me awhile to figure out the acronym because I was sure you couldn't be talking about Over The Hill in your case. Girl you look like you are a 20 something. And just for the record laugh lines are sexy

Go for the makeover. You will love it. They are free and uying makeup from a consultant that knows your face and style is a lot more fun than browsing the shelves at Wal Mart. You should be prepared to buy at least some of their product. Most work on commission and loyalty is a two way street if you want to go back.

I never had the courage to go do a makeover at a mainstream makeup counter or store until I watched some of the girls at the SCC. They were taking full advantage of the makeup consultants in the stores at the mall. After hearing this I though HMMMMMM free makeovers maybe I need to take advantage of this. I went to a Merle Norman in Kansas City and have been to MAC and Sephora stores in other cities. Everytime I have gone I have been well received and the tips they give are to die for. I am waiting for one of our local sisters to become a Mary Kay or Avon consultant.

Amanda Styles
12-11-2009, 03:34 AM
You look fabulous already Lorileah, let the nice SA do the makeover next time.
Maybe one day I will have the courage to do that. I was at the Estee Lauder counter at Macy's the other day getting some Youth Dew ( yes I know it's an old scent but I love it), but didn't look at the makeup. I might have to try the foundation next trip.

Sideways
12-11-2009, 04:11 AM
I thought it was bathed in the blood of virgins, eating the placenta of newborns or face wash with a newborns first urine sample (which was a trend from either Italy or Brazil). Or there was a segment from the golden girls in which the suggestion was to meet people on your back - but its method only works from the neck up.

I suppose I can't complain much when scenes like that happens to me -- although if they're rude about it -- especially from a sales associate or when I'm paying for a service.

I still occasionally get carded, which usually follows with a proposal or at least a bigger tip - even when I'm at a bookstore or just buying a video game. Not that it's that big of a deal to me, but it is kind of depressing when they stop asking to see the id or you have sick demented friends that have made it a tradition to send you birthday cards with coupons for depends and fiber mixers.

My mum was actually carded recently, nearing 80, they thought she was too young for a senior discount. She didn't know whether to be offended (because the waitress did make a scene and started to lecture her in a crowded restaurant) or be flattered.

kellycan27
12-11-2009, 05:50 AM
I still get carded when I go to clubs and bars here. I hate it! I blame it on those experts who man those eyes in the sky. Someone told me that they can pick out cd's, Ts's, hookers, and I guess that they forgot to mention girls er....... I mean TS's that look under age.. no matter how they're dressed! :whistling:

PretzelGirl
12-11-2009, 09:59 AM
I still get carded when I go to clubs and bars here. I hate it! I blame it on those experts who man those eyes in the sky. Someone told me that they can pick out cd's, Ts's, hookers, and I guess that they forgot to mention girls er....... I mean TS's that look under age.. no matter how they're dressed! :whistling:

They just wanted to keep you in the camera view a bit longer. :D