PDA

View Full Version : Skills required

Sarah_new
12-10-2009, 04:07 AM
This is a bit of a light hearted post, so please everyone read it with that in mind. The other day I was thinking besides the obvious make-up, style, walking correctly type of skills that us CDers need to master. There are other skills that barely get a mention that are are of paramount importance especially to those of use still in the closet. I've listed a few here, but please add others as you feel necessary:

1. The ability to change outfits completely in a car. Required by those who can't leave home dressed.

2. The ability to remove all traces of make-up within 20 seconds. Useful for dealing with that unexpected caller.

3. Good at hiding shoes and clothes amongst other clothes. We have to store our stuff somewhere.

Phyliss
12-10-2009, 04:33 AM
For the "under dressers" who wear a bra and suddenly remember an appointment and realize the bra is noticable. That magical ability to remove said bra without taking off your shirt. Gold medal with crossed lipstick tubes to those who can perform this while sitting behind the steering wheel of your parked car.

DaisyG
12-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Short sleeve shirts make this a good deal easier. :D

Parked, fine. But please don't try this in freeway traffic.:eek:

Daisy

MissKara
12-10-2009, 07:51 AM
For the "under dressers" who wear a bra and suddenly remember an appointment and realize the bra is noticable. That magical ability to remove said bra without taking off your shirt. Gold medal with crossed lipstick tubes to those who can perform this while sitting behind the steering wheel of your parked car.

Pfft, thats easy. One of my friends who i was doing a photoshoot with showed me know the girls do it.

Quite simple actually, but you do have to retract one arm into the shirt of course ;)

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Karren H
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Ohhhh Don't forget lying!!! That's my wifes biggie when it comes to my crossdressing skills! Lol

TabbyJames
12-10-2009, 01:19 PM
What about not walking around the house barefoot, the kids might see the toe-nail polish

DonnaT
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
You have to be able to stand in line at the checkout counter, and not pass out from nervousness :D

aggi123
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
lol I always leave the bathroom with a towel and a tshirt on. That way no one sees how clean shaven I am

Stephanie Miller
12-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Or the constant worry that you may have forgot to hide history, photos etc. in the computer when someone drops by and wants to use your computer! :doh:

Joanne f
12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
The ability to get stiletto heel marks out of carpets and flooring's, or at least the ability to lie about how they got there :heehee:

abigailf
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Ohhhh Don't forget lying!!! That's my wifes biggie when it comes to my crossdressing skills! Lol

Or if you believe in degrees of lies, then the ability to spin a story and have an excuse at a moments notice.

"Why are your legs shaved?"
"Err? I got too close to the campfire, so I just shaved what didn't burn up."
"It's 10 degrees out, what campfire where you near?"
"Oh, did I say campfire, I meant the fireplace. Yes, I was warming my feet in the fireplace and they got too close."
"Wow! are your feet burned?"
"No, just the hair on the toes. Okay, nice talking gotta go."

Samantha Girl
12-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, if you were in my situation at my family's house here's an important skill you'd need...

Learning not only how to walk in high heels, or really big high heeled boots, but learning how to walk in them in a dark house quietly! :p

Lorileah
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
the ability to lie about how they got there :heehee:

I...uh...was doing some carpentry, that's a very macho thing to do you know and I dropped the ball peen hammer....57 times. So do you like the new bookshelf I put up?

carolinoakland
12-10-2009, 02:53 PM
The ability to walk in heels in my apartment without the neighbors thinking I'm raising midget clysdale's in my kitchen.

bethw
12-10-2009, 03:08 PM
LOL Phyliss, I did that the other day while driving!!!!

Joanne f
12-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I...uh...was doing some carpentry, that's a very macho thing to do you know and I dropped the ball peen hammer....57 times. So do you like the new bookshelf I put up?

Or " there must have been a small stone suck on the bottom of my shoes" just coincidence that it was two the same size :heehee:

Princess Chantal
12-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Seeing that you mentioned CD's,
The skill of keeping a healthy balance of the crossdressing urge and mindset (Pink Fog???) so it doesn't overwhelm your life

Joanne f
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
The ability to stop staring at a GG when she is wearing something you would like .:daydreaming:

Sooty
12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
The ability to stop staring at a GG when she is wearing something you would like .:daydreaming:

That is very difficult.

Hmmmm:daydreaming:

Kate Simmons
12-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Actually those are basic skills for anyone having a dual identity.:)

Jilmac
12-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Doing a complete change from femme to drab in 20 seconds flat when wife comes home unexpectedly, and appearing calm when you're frantic and out of breath.

SusanMarie
12-11-2009, 07:09 PM
The ability to accept the girl in the mirror.

Sooty
12-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Actually those are basic skills for anyone having a dual identity.:)

Make me sound like I'm a spy.:heehee::D

sterling12
12-11-2009, 08:49 PM
A Basic Skill needed by aspiring Crossdressers is to gain a thorough knowledge of all storage bins available at Walmart. If your really into tacky, you will also learn how to justify purchasing those little plastic chests of drawers.

But always remember, cheap plastic has a tendency to melt in attics that reach a temperature of about 140 degrees in The Summertime. I'm saving you all the hassle of learning That Fact, melted plastic looks really crappy on items of lingerie.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Jocelyn Quivers
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM

I have a hard time with that as well.

Also very important

1. The ability to look at women's outfits and accurately determine if it fits you or not without going to the dressing room. Same goes for shoes.

2. The ability to know what your size is for each clothing store. Ie. Misses Size 2 Skirt in Old Navy= Size 4 Misses Skirt in Macy's

3. The ability to be immune to the pain from shaving mishaps in your armpits, ankles, behind the knees and bikini area.

CindyT
12-11-2009, 10:09 PM
The ability to slip out of a skirt (or girls shorts) and into pants while sitting in a parked car. Worst part is trying to tie your shoes with a steering wheel in front of you!

Marcie4you
12-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Everyone forgot the most important one that can get you "outed" quickly! Your voice! It requires practice admittedly.

PretzelGirl
12-12-2009, 11:55 AM
My favorite. The ability to turn every comment by a cashier about your bra, panty, hose, etc purchases into a joke and get them relaxed.

immike
12-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I haven't mastered how to remove pantyhose in 20 seconds yet(wink)

theresa
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM
The ability to remember to remember to remove all of the makeup and jewelry before you go drab to the grocery store. I'm finding I'm becoming more forgetful nowadays.

Sam-antha
12-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Learning and remembering in times of stress and anxiety that a car often has a seat beside the steering wheel.
~Samm

Marcie4you
12-13-2009, 06:30 AM
I always go to the grocery en femme, keep hoping to catch a guy eyeing me as I bend over for something....:)

Paula_56
12-13-2009, 07:12 AM
the ability to hide half of youself from the world and remain sane

sherib
12-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Don't forget the ability to run down the the stairs and take your heels and nylons off without breaking you neck when the grandchildren come over un-
anounced. I'm still limping. As far as they know, it's my arthritis.

eluuzion
12-15-2009, 07:16 AM
being able to explain where that large pair of panties came from that your wife found clinging to the inside of the dryer.

remembering that no matter how "good" you think you are, women always know if somebody else has used their make-up.:heehee:

Nicole Erin
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
As TG folks or before we came out, it was like all these abilites were somehow at least 1/2 ingrained into our minds.

The most useful all off the lessons - how to completely change outfits in the car. I remember those days. the funnest part is trying to do this as the car is moving, thank goodness for cruise control.

Sarah Doepner
12-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Being able to stay out of conversations between women when they are talking about makeup.

Avoid saying "That's a cute outfit" or "Gawd! I love those shoes." when you are out with the guys.

Not making comments about your wife's makeup and/or wardrobe unless she has specifically asked for comments.

Having the signed waver in hand when you make the comments on your wife's makeup and/or wardrobe.

Reminding yourself that the adrenaline rush is fun, not fear.

Joanne f
12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
The ability to convince your wife/so that the text you just had from Sue, jenny, Ann, Joanne , is a CD and not a GG. ( not that i get any):sad: but this is my number *********** :heehee: