PDA

View Full Version : A Year Of Change

Julie
07-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I was going through some old photos and wondered how much difference there would be between today's pictures vs. a year ago. So I got a picture taken at the 2004 Be-All (kind of my turning point) and one taken a year later, almost to the day. The camera and flash are the same, the skirt is the same and even the heels are the same. The wig has been trimmed but otherwise is the same. I know the room lighting is a bit different but it seems my facial features are diferent even when taking lighting into consideration. Maybe the HRT? :strugglin Anyway, it was intersting to see what a difference a year makes.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/oneyear.jpg

Sigrid
07-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Night and day... in the first picture you look a bit aprehensive and tense, while in the second picture you look so much more relaxed. The smile in the second picture says alot too.

Olivia
07-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I agree-night and day. Julie, I'll go even further and say it looks like two different people! In the recent pic I see a confident, happy woman smiling back. You look simply stunning. HRT? How long have you had it? Something has made a dramatic difference dear. Good going! Later, Olivia

tifftg
07-30-2005, 06:30 PM
The second picture just seems like it is the natural you. You look happy and comfortable in the 2005 photo. The development is so beautiful to see. From the other notes I have read of yours, it is clear that Julie is integral to who you are as a total person. I am so happy for you that you can make this so full in your life. I hope someday to find my way there. You are very much an inspiration.

:hugs:

Tiffany

Tristen Cox
07-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I'd have to say the HRT did have some effect. Definitly more feminine looking now, manor and posture accounted for:)

Sharon
07-30-2005, 07:40 PM
It may have something to do with the nicer smile (or better hair, or hormones, or a combination of them all :) ) in the newer photo, Julie, but you look much, much better than you did in the earlier pic. And younger, also! :)

Amelie
07-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Well,,,,you've had a fireplace installed since your pic from last year.

emmicd
07-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Julie,

You look great in both photos but with that said I certainly can see some changes in you apparance that seem more feminine in the more recent photo. You also look more relaxed as one of the girls pointed out. I didn't realize you were on HRT. That would certainly make you more feminine.

Emmi

Marla GG
07-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Julie, what an amazing difference. My first thought (after "whew, she's gorgeous ;) ) was that you have gotten so much more skilled with makeup. Is that part of it, do you think? I also agree with those who have said you look much more relaxed, happy, and comfortable in your own skin. Your poise and confidence really show though. Thanks for sharing :)

Julie
07-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Who knows why the changes but what about other members here? I know many of you have been here a year or more or maybe you have pics from the past that you can compare to today. Why not share that? I think it would be a great inspiration to those just starting out. So why not share?

Julie
07-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Well,,,,you've had a fireplace installed since your pic from last year.

Yeah, and it's a good thing it wasn't lit because I was wearing polyester! :censor:

Tristen Cox
07-31-2005, 05:43 AM
Who knows why the changes but what about other members here? I know many of you have been here a year or more or maybe you have pics from the past that you can compare to today. Why not share that? I think it would be a great inspiration to those just starting out. So why not share?
Ava and myself decided to do this awhile ago(her idea) which you can find in this thread:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6800

Pretty interesting the changes that occur:)

KELLYANN
07-31-2005, 06:27 AM
SO SEXY in 05 julie very good in 04 too :)

KELLYANN
07-31-2005, 06:40 AM
i bet you are there. wanted too be but nite quite ready yet. nails and eyes need work. next year definatly! :)

Sara Kat
07-31-2005, 07:10 AM
The one thing I like about you Julie is your awesome taste in shoes. Strappy = RULES! :D

cosmolovesph
07-31-2005, 09:49 AM
The one thing I like about you Julie is your awesome taste in shoes. Strappy = RULES! :D

Oh i agree too!

Julie, nice evolution and you do look better/more relaxed = yourself? in the 2005 pic

Julie
07-31-2005, 10:27 AM

You mean like this?
https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/strappy.jpg
I'm with you Sara, I LOVE strappys!

Adrianne
08-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Julie i must say over a year you look more beautiful and 10 years younger than 04 to 05. I hope at your age i look as beautiful as you.

Adrianne.:hugs:

uknowhoo
08-01-2005, 11:00 PM
You really can be proud of your progress, Julie. I'm sure the HRT has helped, but the make-up and confidence factor seem to have come a v e r y long way. (As I think I've mentioned before,) you really do provide inspiration to the rest of us, as in: "Wow, I look almost half as good as Julie did a year ago, there might be hope for me yet!" Thanks for sharing this with us.

RachelDenise
08-02-2005, 04:59 AM
First of all, you look great and you are improving. I think it is like most have said, a combination of things. Experience, confidence and HRT all play a part in your appearance. Whatever it is, keep doing it!

michellej
08-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Julie,
You were attractive before, you are beautiful now.

Laurie Ann
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Julie,

You look great in both pictures but the 05 picture shows a softer look, maybe the makeup, maybe confidence but how would HRT help?

Julie
08-02-2005, 11:26 PM
how would HRT help?

HRT causes changes in soft tissue, breasts always being the first mentioned, but the skin may see more changes. Estrogen creates fat deposits where a woman needs them. Don't ask me why, Mother Nature has those answers. I know it has to do with survival and continuation of the species. But the effects of estrogen create what we recognize as as a feminine appearance.

At or before the onset of puberty, a normal male could be put on HRT and by the time he's matured he'd look very much like the women in his family. Without seeing his genitals, you'd never know he was born male. After puberty and especially after about the age of 25 when most growth has stopped, HRT will only affect soft tissue. Skin becomes softer, breast development begins, fatty deposits form in hips, buttox and thighs as well as in other areas, though to a lesser degree.

So to answer your question, HRT will create a more feminine facial appearance over time. I have a TS friend who is in her early 30's. With HRT alone, it's amazing how much she has feminized. You can't even tell it's the same person when you see the before and after pics. Hormones over time will feminize your appearance.