PDA

View Full Version : Merle Norman Fun & Surprise

Kristy 56
12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Back in July I was fortunate to call a Merle Norman store and inquire about a makeover. I got a very positive response and as a result got my first makeover,and had a new world open for me. They were very friendly,told me it was always ok to come dressed,and they called me by my femme name. The best part is this store is also a day spa and salon. Needless to say Kristy became a loyal customer going for haircuts,massages,pedicures and facials. Now they tell me I'm one of the girls. That's the background now for the best.
Today I was going for my monthly facial and haircut really feeling good. Wearing my new dress,and Mary Janes I was feeling like I was on cloud 9,especially when they told me I looked exceptionally cute in my outfit. But the best part was when they told me I had one the raffle I had entered last week at open house ! A gift basket of Merle Norman cosmetics worth $ 250. I've been told that I'm their favorite customer,which is great because it's my favorite place! Just nice to have a place to go and be treated like one of the girls.

crossdrezzer1
12-10-2009, 09:02 PM
you lucky girl

Karen43
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I totally can identify with your experience. I called a Merle Norman like you, went fully dressed and was treated like a GG, the owner always used my fem name and was very encouraging and complimentary. I was not as lucky as you and did not win the prize.

Miranda09
12-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Good for you Kristy. It's always nice to have someplace special to go to where they treat you like one of the girls. :)

KristiMartin
12-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Kristy, congrats on your win! Now, from one Tampa girl to another, you have to let me know which Merle Norman you're going to so that I can go check them out!:D

Paula_56
12-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Great Post!! Times are changing girls, the world is slowly opening up to us, lets get oout there and show them how beautiful we are!

sherri52
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
That's great Kristy. Winning is a good thing finding a place you like is a great thing.

Kimmy55
12-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Totally different from my attempt to get a makeover at Merle Norman.There are 2 here in the San Antonio Area and I was told by both over the phone"No damn way"

DanaR
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
We used to have a Merle Norman at the North Gate shopping mall that was good. Sadly, it closed about 15 years ago.

JenniferR771
12-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Two out of three Merle Norman's were fine with me and treated me well. I changed in their bathroom. Wonderful makeover--however--they sat me up front for each makeover.

bridget jones
12-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I love Merle Norman cosmetics....it's the best I've ever worn.

linnea
12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
It sounds as if you are having a great time--wonderful!
It's so nice to feel welcome and accepted and supported; you've found a very nice place and people.

DanaR
12-12-2009, 01:21 PM
.................................................. ............--however--they sat me up front for each makeover.

That is what happened to me as well; it was a frightening experience at that time, I might be a lot better if it happened now.

Diane Smith
12-13-2009, 04:13 AM
The Merle Norman artists I've met have been uniformly helpful, bubbly and enthusiastic about working with me. I have yet to have a bad experience at the local store. Their makeup is of decent quality and still makes up the core of my collection. The makeovers I've gotten there have varied from "blah" to "very good," never quite "great." Their artists tend to be younger, less well trained and not as experienced as those at MAC, and they turn over rapidly, so I have rarely worked with the same person more than a time or two. But you can't beat their enthusiasm, and it is very convenient for me, since the local store is about ten minutes from my house. They love treating me like one of the girls and always shower me with questions and compliments. All in all, it's always fun to go there.

- Diane

Karen43
12-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I always call and make appointment with the owner and get excellent results plus friendly conversation because she knows me..:battingeyelashes:

Scottey1
12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Kristy:
Glad you had a god experience! I frequent the Merle Norman in Venice, FL when I'm down and there and have ALWAYS been treated well! Patty (owner) is a wonderful lady and businesswoman and would be very open to helping any CD who asked for her help. I've come a long way in the last two years and she's a big part of it. Plus, she's always honest when it comes to passing, make up tips and general girl advice. Merle Norman's have been great to me!
Hope to run into you sometime in the future!

Draglizar
12-13-2009, 02:20 PM
With so many examples of negative experiences it's really uplifting to hear of places like this where we are welcomed with open arms. We can only change the world one person at a time, :) Now if only the whole world could be at peace and love each other.

Laura_Stephens
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone have any experience with a Merle Norman in Dayton, Ohio? I am hoping that they are more concerned about sales than they are about who is shopping.

S. Lisa Smith
12-13-2009, 05:30 PM
I used to go to the Merle Norman in Newport News, Virginia. They treated me really, really well. Always treated as just one of the girls and had wonderful experiences. I have a friend who works at the local Sephora, so I go there instead.

5150 Girl
12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
I get all my hair at my local Merl Noramn (Zanesville Ohio) thease days. I go in fem or drab, they treat me the same. The makeup is good stuff to. They also sponser our local NBC affiliate, which is how I became familure with them in the first place