PDA

View Full Version : Somebody You're Not....

Michelle-Leigh
12-11-2009, 06:44 AM
When reading posts from various T-Girls regarding who they would like to be if they were born female, I noticed that nearly all of them wished that they could be, or look like, real women (such as celebrities). I have never aspired to wanting to look like some existing lady, as I have always just wanted to be a born-female version of myself, with very few genetic differences other than an XX gender chromosome scheme. So I am wondering - how many of you T-girls out there would rather be female versions of yourselves than to be as existing real women ?

Karren H
12-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Who said I ever wanted to be a woman? I rather like being me! :)

SusanCACD
12-11-2009, 07:04 AM
I like being me, but this part of me has caused me so much pain. I like to things would have been a lot easier if I was just one or the other.

Susan

VS Fan
12-11-2009, 07:29 AM
For me, I'm firmly in the camp of wish I *was* a woman, but don't think I truly *am* one inside. As such, I'm content to live my "double" life and enjoy the benefits of both.

Having said that... I think that if I were a female version of myself, I would be just as happy as if I were one of the famous women we admire... afterall, it's not the *me* part I necessarily would want to change.

VS Fan

S. Lisa Smith
12-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Very interesting comments, all. Like Karren, I like being me. I also like looking like the woman I would have been if I had the right jeans (woops, genes, sorry Karren).

DiannaRose
12-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Who said I ever wanted to be a woman? I rather like being me! :)

I'd rather like being Karren, too! :)

Seriously, in my case, yes, I'd love to be a female version of myself...my problem is I haven't yet had an opportunity to really see what a female version of myself is like. Meaning, if I could spend more time as my female self (and have the time and freedom to get my makeup right), I think I'd be a lot happier just being me. It's sort of one of those "if you don't have it, you want it" situations. For me, anyway.

Also, I think I have a "female" soul. At 5 I wanted to be a girl. That's never entirely gone away.

But Karren's attitude (and yours, Lisa) inspires me (regularly!), and I'm getting a little better about accepting myself as myself. :)

TabbyJames
12-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I, for one, love being just who I am, a dicotamy of both my male self and female persona. I really don't have a desire to become a woman, only to transform into one on occation. there is an interesting quote in "Alice in Genderland" that hit home (so much so I had to read it to my wife last night).

"Being a man in a dress was never an end in itself, only something tangible I could do to bring my fantasy to life. This distinction came into focus as I first contemplated crossdressing in public and was repelled by the idea of being seen as a man in womens cloths. Whether I could pass perfectly or not, I needed to feel like a woman in womans cloths. So I realized that for me it was not fundamentally about liberation, it was about transformation."

Brooke Smith
12-11-2009, 09:54 AM
You know,I really think I am a female version of myself. I don't have a need or desire to change much of anything except for the perception of those around me.

PretzelGirl
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Michelle-Leigh, I guess it depends how you phrase the question. If you ask "who would you want to be if you were born a girl?" you get one set of answers. If you ask, "who would you rather be in your life?" you get another set.

I am the bandwagon here. I am happy being me and exploring the parts of me I have something to learn about. I don't get worked up over what I have become or what may have been. I am this way as a result of the choices I have made through life.

abigailf
12-11-2009, 10:31 AM
There are times I wish I could physically be female, but not all the time. I do enjoy dressing up and when I do I want to look, feel and be female. But that is me and I just want to be me. I don't want to be anyone else but me.

I did however marry a prettier female version of myself (or so I was told by my friends when they first met her). Does that mean I'm in love with myself?

bobi jean
12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I am, right now, going through a serious bout with I wanna be a woman. it is very very very close to happening now. I start counseling Next tuesday. However, until about the first of November, I had always been reasonaly comfortable being ME. In either mode, at any time. When in "boy mode", I was always me, thinking about or wanting to dress up, and when in "girl mode" I was always me. but now, I think I am sure I would rather be the girl me almost ALL of the time. I guess I have always just been a girl at heart, I just had some of those hangy down things some of us were born with and has caused so much deception over the years..

Sooty
12-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I think of it a bit like this:

When I play guitar I want to be like Paul Gilbert

When I play drums I want to be like Mike Portnoy

When I dress I want to be as femine as, say, Dita Von Teese (first that sprang to mind)

docrobbysherry
12-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Why would I want to be a HOMELY FEMALE?:eek:

It's bad enuff being a homely MALE!:doh:

In this life, being a female is just a fantasy for me. Sherry is simply the 4D result of that fantasy!:brolleyes:

Frédérique
12-11-2009, 12:01 PM
So I am wondering - how many of you T-girls out there would rather be female versions of yourselves than to be as existing real women ?

I have no choice in the matter, since it is nearly impossible to look like someone else, but there are no “real women” I wish to emulate. I gathered a collection of female garments and accessories that tickled my fancy in one way or another, and then I put them all on, took a deep breath, and looked in the mirror. I never expected to look like a certain person (or a certain type of person), but I was happy to come up with a female version of myself – a rough starting point that I used as a platform for future improvements. The dream continues…:battingeyelashes: