PDA

View Full Version : Fun at work

Teri Jean
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
For those who may not know my situation, I have started my RLE the first of October and things have been going pretty smoothly both in the public and at work. This morning when I got to the university I had my game plan thought out and was ready top set up for fall graduation. Then I recieved a call to help my co-workers wheel in concrete to do some repairs that needed to be done in the science building.

I get there dressed in jeans, white tanktop with a sweater over it, freshly polished nails (had them done the night before) and of course my earrings and necklace. As we are working with the first portion the construction manager arranges with a moving company to help with a bucket brigade to get the concrete down into the mechanical room tunnel. We filled the wheel barrows and bring them to the stairs and start filling the buckets and carry them down. Then the extra help shows up and I go to pick up two of the buckets and one of the guys from the outside says to me. "Do you want me to take one of those for you?" I turned to him and say "no thank you I can manage".:daydreaming:

Now that was the nicest comment he could have given and he will be getting so much grief from his co-workers the rest of the day. ROTF Now if this happened to you how would have you handled it? Go ahead and laugh as it did happen and I was and am flattered.

Huggs Teri

SherriePall
12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Teri Jean -- There may come a time when you'll need the help as everything starts to kick in. And, of course, it was a very nice compliment that he offered to help.

jessica19cd
12-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I think it's awesome that he was willing to help you.

linnea
12-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I think that you handled it well; I might have done the same thing if I were on the job. If not on the job, I might have accepted the help.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Because for me I'd still carry my own weight, but being on hormones for about 6 months now my muscle strength is half of what it was, so I'm finding that some things that I was able to lift before I may need help now to be safe. So you may accept that help in the future and not be ashamed, you are transitioning and changes with strength are going to happen. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Phyliss
12-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Having to carry buckets of concrete with freshly painted nails, now that is truly RLE. Something I'm learning very recently, accept help when offered.

You didn't ask for assistance, it was freely proffered, accept it.