PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you have supportive/encouraging mom's and sisters growing up?

MichelleW126
12-11-2009, 05:39 PM
As in supportive? Buying clothes for you and letting you grow out your hair?

This would have been soooooo cool!

Karren H
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Nope... Not even close.

MissKara
12-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Ahhhh, I wish I had a supportive mum but I think that's out of the realm of possibility at the moment.

Last night I met her at the door but forgot to put on socks to covert my pink toenails. When she saw them, in an angryish voice said "Why are you wearing nail polish?", to which I mumbled and walked away.

I wish my mum was supportive do I could atleast walk around the house in a skirt and pink top when she is home, but that may take a while.

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Nicole Anne
12-11-2009, 06:33 PM
My Mom was my best friend growing up. She was always there to help or answer questions. She did buy me things at times, but my oldest sister was much more my person to call on and get opinions. It was nice having positive female role models near me.

Vicki-Z
12-11-2009, 07:01 PM
My Mom was my best friend growing up. She was always there to help or answer questions. She did buy me things at times, but my oldest sister was much more my person to call on and get opinions. It was nice having positive female role models near me.

Wow!!! That must have been wonderful having support like that.

Vicki :hugs:

windycissy
12-11-2009, 07:19 PM
One of my big regrets in life is when I was about 12, my mom begged me to let her dress me up as a girl for Halloween, I was a pretty boy and she wanted to see what I'd look like...I blew her off, wonder how things might have turned out differently if I'd only let her!

MaryAnn40c
12-11-2009, 07:59 PM
nope...both were to much into there things....we kids had to fend for ourself.

CDSamantha
12-11-2009, 08:05 PM
My mom knew about my dressing. She didn't encourage it, but she didn't discourage it either.

Amanda Styles
12-11-2009, 08:11 PM
My mom (rest her soul) was far from supportive when she found my stash of lingerie. Since my only sister is 16 yrs older than me, she was never around. I doubt she would have been supportive.

linnea
12-11-2009, 08:59 PM
My mother bought me panties when I was very young, but she never directly encouraged me to dress en femme. I certainly wished that she would have known and given her support, but I think that it was just too far out of the box for her at that time. She passed away about 15 years, but I wish that I had told her.
I had one female cousin whom I think that I might have been able to confide in and get support from, but by the time I thought of that she was living a long way away from where I lived and it was just not possible.

Rachel Morley
12-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Gosh no, I didn't (and still haven't) told any if my family so no ... they weren't supportive or encouraging because they didn't know about it.

toniloraine
12-11-2009, 09:39 PM
my mom knew i wore her clothes never discouraged it or approved of it.... my grandma let me dress at her house and bought me girls clothes all the time

Draglizar
12-11-2009, 10:26 PM
No buying of clothes or hair growing out, actually got scolded when I was found wearing my mothers clothes / forced into the stereotypical male role after being chastised by my parents. Makes me really afraid to even attempt coming out or going out in public dressed, but one step at a time right?

bridget jones
12-11-2009, 11:12 PM
It was suspected that I was dressing but it was my sister that found my stash.My Mom freaked and wanted me to see a Dr.,I refused.My sister just wanted to use the evidence/info to bribe me for her personal gain.

Missy
12-11-2009, 11:17 PM
thats what my mom said when after being cought lots of times with my sisters bra and panties in my room and after telling her that i wanted to wear them openly she asked me if i was qweer i told her no
so i still was underdressing but not openly around the house

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Nope... Not even close.

This.

MissyW
12-12-2009, 12:39 AM
My mom knew but didn't encourage or discourage my dressing.

Leanne.cd.uk
12-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Mum knew never said bad things - sisters knew as it was them whom first dressed me as their sister for a tea party - so yes i did

Jennifer in CO
12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
I've shared this in another post a while back, but yes...and no. She never actually said anything, but in the beginning (when she found my stash) tried to get me to open up but I was too deep in the hole of denial (not the river) to talk with her. It wasn't till I was 20 years older that I realized what all she DID do to 'help' without saying anything.

Jenn

Sideways
12-12-2009, 09:47 AM
With the hours she worked and by the time I hit puberty, I was paying for my own clothes she didn't really have much say. I was on the alternative side so nothing was a shock for her really. long hair, short hair, mohawks, faux hawks, blue hair, black hair, kilts, dresses, corsets, suits - the rules were pretty simple don't show my bits or at least don't let her know about it. Although she did make me take self defense courses, but would deny she knew who I was if she was with her friends.

I think it was mostly too exhausted, too old care. Besides my sister was more of the problem child in the family, it pissed off my dad (which was a bonus for her), and I maintained a decent grades. Didn't exactly get along well though.

DanielleLee
12-12-2009, 10:49 AM
My mom and sisters were not actively supportive, as they never & still don't "officially" know about my CDing. With that being said, when I did dress in my sisters things during those early, teeenage years... it did seem odd that certain favorite items would be left out in plain view. Let's be honest here ladies... GGs are pretty much God's smartest and most intuitive creatures.... I'm sure all of our Moms and Sisters knew... LOL. :2c:

Hope
12-12-2009, 04:24 PM
If by supportive and encouraging you mean oppressive and debilitating, then yes, I had a VERY supportive mother and sister growing up. Maybe that is why I don't miss either of them.

Toni_Lynn
12-12-2009, 04:52 PM
If by supportive and encouraging you mean oppressive and debilitating, then yes, I had a VERY supportive mother and sister growing up. Maybe that is why I don't miss either of them.

My mum was EXACTLY the same. Hmm -- if your mum was that way and my mum was that way -- I wonder that means that were both -- mums.

My mum hated every feminine aspect of me. She tried to destroy that part of me through humiliation and emotional abuse. It didn't work:tongueout

My sister wasn't accepting at the time, but she does now.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

PS -- Officially, I am no longer a CDer cause I'm married and had sex -- with a woman. Ah -- whatever.

Luciana Vitale
12-12-2009, 04:59 PM
This.

same here !!

VanessaVW
12-12-2009, 05:03 PM
My grandmother encouraged me and helped when I was very young. Mom and Dad didn't approve, but Grandmother was very cool with it.

Diane Smith
12-13-2009, 04:05 AM
When I was little, my Mom liked to put nail polish and lipstick on me from time to time. She let me get my ears pierced when I was nine and bought me a few pairs of earrings. She introduced me to pantyhose and took me downtown to buy my first pair of grown-up high heels when I was twelve. After that, as I entered puberty and her own interest in dressing up waned, she didn't do much more explicitly to help me, but always knew I was dressing on my own. We sort of had a "don't ask, don't tell" arrangement after that until she died four years ago (when I was 48), but her early encouragement was certainly important in the way I developed my interest.

- Diane

Jenniferpl
12-13-2009, 04:39 AM
I believe my knew I was wearinng some of her clothes but never said anything.

StephSissy
12-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Mom knew of it, but wouldn't talk about it other than to say 'Don't let your father see this stuff!'. My mother-in-law of nearly 10 years now on the other hand, buys me stuff, asks questions, and even says she's jealous sometimes too!

Paula_56
12-13-2009, 07:28 AM
I had an Aunt and three girl cousins, They lived in Maine ina big old farmhouse. I use to visit christmas time. On snowy days they use to play "dress up" there was closets and an attic fill with all kinds of womens clothes.
I was lucky enough to join in a couple of times, especially when I was younger by the time I go tto be 12-13 it was too awkward

But at home Mon but always threaten to tell dad, I wonder if my aunt ever told about my enthuisasim for those snowy days

Airee
12-13-2009, 07:59 AM
My mother or sisters didnt know about my desire to wear their shoes or lingerie when growing up. I sometimes wish i got caught as i recently told my mother i have a "thing" for wearing womens heels and she was totally ok with it(if a little confused). Still haven't told her about the other parts of my dressing though:straightface:

Taking it slow with my coming out of the closet for now.

Samantha Girl
12-13-2009, 08:19 AM
No and not exactly :p I have a vague memory of 2 of my 3 sisters dressing me up like a girl when I was really young. When I was very young 1-9, I looked like a little girl a bit, that's probably why they did it. However no one in my family knows I cross dress so really NO and NO! ;) Although if it wasn't for my sisters and their stockings and things lying around who knows if I would've ever started in the 1st place... no I probably would have anyway! :heehee:

Larissa Philips
12-13-2009, 08:54 AM
As in supportive? Buying clothes for you and letting you grow out your hair?

This would have been soooooo cool!

I tried coming out once when I was having an identity crisis, but my mom was not very receptive. She took it in, but thought I was crazy, so I dropped the issue and put a band-aid on my brain.

My sister on the other hand, lmao, tried disowning me.

This was 8 years ago though, so I'm sure my mom would better handle it now given her new exposure to the world. My sister will still claim I don't exist, which is a really pathetic thing. Ah well! :drink:

MarciManseau
12-13-2009, 10:18 AM
My sister was always a huge help to me, starting at age 5- when I had to be an angel in a school play. She knew I loved to be a girl and always let me wear her things, and even bought me things. I began going out with her as a girl when I was 15. She liked me better as a sister.

Mom caught me many times and got mad at both of us, saying "Don't do that again!" but never "Change out of your sister's clothes now!" which I now find strange.

Our dad left when I was very young, and mom was always working, or out with a boyfriend, so we were on our own a lot of times. By the time I was around 14-15, mom gave up trying to stop me so I was able to dress up pretty much all of the time, except for school.

I only see her a few times a year now, which is fine with both of us.

Hugs to all and have a wonderful Christmas! Marci :hugs:

Cristi
12-13-2009, 12:00 PM
My mom and I had a sort of 'I knew that she knew that I knew...' thing going on.

We never talked about it, but I KNOW she snooped through my room while I was in school, and I was never too good at hiding my things. To top it off, more than once dirty female things (panties, slips, bras, even a nightgown) vanished from my room, were put through the laundry then were returned with my regular clothes. I was so deep in denial about it then that I never let myself think about what it meant, telling myslef that maybe she didn't NOTICE what kind of clothes she was washing and returning to me.

Plus I used to borrow her pantyhose and tights and return them after wearing them. I didn't realize until later how obvious it was that pantyhose had been worn (stretched out, etc) so she HAD to know what was going on since both of my sisters were old enough to have their own stockings.

The only time she actually HELPED me dress was when it was her idea for me to go trick or treating at halloween (then to a party) as a little old lady. Black dress, tights, heels, wig... :) She even helped me with some makeup.

I'll never know now if her silence was because she didn't care, or if she just didn't want to confront me about it.

Ugly Michele
12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
My mom was real helpful with her favorite make up colors, black, and blue.

loardata
12-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I suppose this is going to sound like self pity but here it goes. I am 56 years old and i heve never enjoyed support for any activity I have ever engaged in working like a dog for years by my ex wife whom i never loved, to my present wife whom I do love without end. no support from n e 1 for anything. Not for my wedding photography hobby which i no longer do, to my photo restoration business/ hobby which i now do after retirement. no support for my crossdressing 2nd wife suppoted for a while but of course not now, now she hates it. what can i do do for some good old fashioned support for me, or would it be better if I never was born, I am so tired of my life--michille

Laura_Stephens
12-13-2009, 04:38 PM
My mother "caught" me several times - beginning when I was only 2 or 3. Each time, she told me father. she knew that he would beat the crap out of me, so the answer to the question is that, no, my mother was not supportive.

S. Lisa Smith
12-13-2009, 05:50 PM
My mother didn't realize that I crossdressed as a child. I told her about 15 years ago and she's very cool with it. She has been helpful, but not as helpful as my younger sister who will let me go to her house (about 2 hours away) and let me change and go out. She and I have gone out to dinner with me en femme a number of times.

MarciManseau
12-13-2009, 07:36 PM

Now that's funny :) Thanks for the laugh, hon.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

sherri52
12-13-2009, 07:45 PM
They encouraged me to stop but it didn't take. I guess it was my rebelous years.

RiverdanceGirl
12-13-2009, 09:05 PM
My mum was supportive when I first came out at about the age of 5 , maybe 6 . She gave me a huge box of her old clothes , bras , pantyhose , tights , very sexy pucci dresses , high heels . I'd told her at an eariler age that when I grew up I would be a beautiful woman . I thought you could choose what to be , and it still sucks that you don't have a discovery period before you choose your permanent gender . The only rule was I couldn't wear any female clothing when my dad was home .

I would run home from school to rip off my wrong clothes and get into the right ones . I would ride my bike around the back garden in a pucci dress and black tights .

And then we moved . Dresssing was forbidden even though I still did but it had to be in secret . That went on for a long time and I did get busted and told that wearing womans clothing was sinful .

Melissa.A
12-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm certain that my father would have beaten me to death, had he found out. Mother would have most likely died of shock or sent me to a shrink to have me "fixed". Both of my parents had very strict views of the world and something like this would not have fit into their tunnel vision.

Jen534
12-13-2009, 10:41 PM
One of my big regrets in life is when I was about 12, my mom begged me to let her dress me up as a girl for Halloween, I was a pretty boy and she wanted to see what I'd look like...I blew her off, wonder how things might have turned out differently if I'd only let her!

The samething happened to me, sort of. When I was in the 7th grade, my mom and I were in Party City looking for my Halloween costume. I didn't know yet what I exactly wanted to be (I was secretly dressing for a couple years at the time). Not thinking much about it, I pointed out some wigs to which she replied, "ohh, if you get one of those you'd have to go as a girl". Secretly embarassed I basically said she was crazy for saying that.

I winded up going as Gene Simmons of KISS, but at the school Halloween party atleast 3 of my classmates were in drag.. :( Talk about your missed opportunities.

My mother passed 6 years ago, I'm 22 now and only two of my male friends know sort of what I do. My mom never knew, at least I don't think. When I was very young, maybe 6 or 7, we were shopping for Christmas presents for my cousins. We found our way to the girls department and my mom sized up a little floral dress on me (to see the size compared to my little cousin).

Another time I had been dressing while she was at work during the summer and forget to put a pair of her shoes away. When she came home, she asked me if I had been wearing them. Knowing I couldn't deny it, I said yes because the hallway tiles were cold and they were close by.

I doubt my mom ever knew I was wearing her things, but I think if she found out or really caught me, she'd be supportive and it would be our little secret.

Ugly Michele
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Michele

Now that's funny Thanks for the laugh, hon.

Hugs, Marci

Glad you find it amusing.

MarciManseau
12-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Michele

Now that's funny Thanks for the laugh, hon.

Hugs, Marci

Glad you find it amusing.

Sorry, I thought you were being humorous.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

renee k
12-15-2009, 01:42 PM
My mom and one of my Aunts, dressed me as a girl for Halloween when I was six. And I was really upset about it. But went to the party anyway. Then in my early teens one Halloween at my suggestion my mom and a couple of neighbor women friends, dressed me as a women. Which was really turned out to be a lot of fun. I was hooked. One neighbor was about the same size as me in clothes and shoes. I spent one evening at her house with my mom trying on clothes and heels. Plus the other one was really good with makeup and the Aunt I mentioned earlier donated one of her wigs.
Other than Halloween, I had been spending lots of time in my mom'a and Aunts closets when they were out. Which I think they knew, but nothing was said to me. I never confessed openly to them that I enjoyed dressing as a woman.

Renee

Wallflower
12-15-2009, 11:02 PM
My Mother (parents) found my stash of girly things in my early teen years that included undergarments that I stole from my sister and a pair of bra inserts (breasts) that I stitched from fabric and cotton balls. I was never approached, my stash just vanished. That was a clear signal to me not to bring it up.