PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost temepted to say I dress enfemme...

Sherry-Stephanie
12-11-2009, 10:30 PM
I was at one of my old jobs today and was talking to a number of people there...it's an upscale department store and they have Bobbi Brown, M.A.C. Chanel, Lomcone and all of the other big names and I know maybe 6-10 of there make up artists/SA's there...and I'm pretty sure that if I said to anyone of them hey I dress "enfemme" and can you help me with my make up that they would probably not bat an eye and say sure...so that's not a problem, but the fact I use to work there is more of a concern...but it's something I think I might follow up on...maybe....need to think it over...

crossdrezzer1
12-11-2009, 10:38 PM
you only live once so go for it next time,,,could pass it off as a joke if anything else

Nicole Bishop
12-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I would kill to have a pro do my make up that i knew it would be the longest photo shoot ever .In fact I would probably have a party in my pants and invite my shoes!! go for it who cares what the rest think remember real men wear skirts!

Diane Smith
12-13-2009, 04:28 AM
You don't work there now, or apparently still see any of your ex-coworkers socially, so what's the problem?

- Diane

Billie1
12-13-2009, 06:50 AM
If you were obviously comfortable enough to stop by and chat, what would be the harm in asking? If I were in your position, I would jump at the oppurtunity!

Kate Simmons
12-13-2009, 08:42 AM
A secret known to two is no longer a secret. A secret known to many--well, forget it.:)

jenna_woods
12-13-2009, 08:51 AM
you seem to be comfortable with them, why not ass, you can always act as if it's a joke if there is the need, I am betting they all will be gald to help.

Angie G
12-13-2009, 09:24 AM
You don;t work there now so they can't fire you. So go for it Sherry.:hugs:
Angie

linnea
12-13-2009, 09:38 AM
I think that you should ask. Perhaps you're worried that someone of them may tell others where you do work? If that's your fear, I can understand your hesitance, but short of that, it seems that you're comfortable with them and you like what they do--go for it.

SuzanneBender
12-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Ditto girl. Go for it. You only live once. Well unless you are Budist and then you still should go for it because there is no gurantee that you are going to make it back as a beautiful woman.

DiannaRose
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I'd love the opportunity to get a professional makeover too. I say just go for it, if not for yourself, then do it for the rest of us! :)

sherri52
12-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Go for it, maybe they'll offer you a job if you come back enfemme

ReineD
12-14-2009, 12:09 AM
If you are not concerned about outing yourself, then by all means tell them. But be prepared for it to get around. You should tell your loved ones and close friends first though. You do not want them to hear of the CDing from a stranger.

If you do not want everyone to know at this point, then you could get a makeover at the mall in the next town over, and just work on beginning to tell a few people who are close to you about the CDing. You could slowly come out to the rest of your family and friends as you feel comfortable and eventually, having makeovers done where everyone knows you will not be an issue.

Good luck!

Sherry-Stephanie
12-14-2009, 03:48 AM
If you are not concerned about outing yourself, then by all means tell them. But be prepared for it to get around. You should tell your loved ones and close friends first though. You do not want them to hear of the CDing from a stranger.

If you do not want everyone to know at this point, then you could get a makeover at the mall in the next town over, and just work on beginning to tell a few people who are close to you about the CDing. You could slowly come out to the rest of your family and friends as you feel comfortable and eventually, having makeovers done where everyone knows you will not be an issue.

Well A) The wife knows and has known before I put on the first item of woman's clothing...and others close to me know as well...some good and some not so good with it...

As far as getting a make over already been there and done that with the Ulta store that I go to both dressed as well as in drab and they know me both ways...and the girls over there are really cool about it and actually enjoy working with me on my make up...and one even the other day when I saw her made mention to me that "she was MY make up consultant"!!! when she thought I was going to make an appointment with one of the other Makeup artists but in fact I was going to make an appointment with the other Katie who does waxing...

My only reason to approach one or more of the girls where I use to work at is to have others work on me so I could get their prespective on how to do this and that....plus also have access to other product lines....like MAC etc...

The only thing I need to do is think who knows who...as in if A tells B who tells C who tells D well D knows someone outside that circle at the store who knows E who can bring it back to others close to me who don't know...so that's why I'd have to think really hard and long before I went ahead with that...but under perfect circumstances it would be great to be able to go any of them to get made over....

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-14-2009, 08:20 AM
My only reason to approach one or more of the girls where I use to work at is to have others work on me so I could get their prespective on how to do this and that....plus also have access to other product lines....like MAC etc...

The only thing I need to do is think who knows who...as in if A tells B who tells C who tells D well D knows someone outside that circle at the store who knows E who can bring it back to others close to me who don't know...so that's why I'd have to think really hard and long before I went ahead with that...but under perfect circumstances it would be great to be able to go any of them to get made over....

And this is where you have to weigh the cost/rewards of doing it or not. Is it more important to you to stay closeted or to have this new boost of makeover options? Likely if they work at the makeup counter at a department store you will not be the first male customer to come to them, so you probably shouldn't be concerned about that at least.

The way to decide if you want to do it, is to follow your own thought, is to decide if you mind whether or not B, C, D and E find out. Assume that if you go to this counter and have your face made up, that B-E will find out. Maybe they will and maybe they won't, but you have to act based on the assumption that they will, and decide if that would be a problem for you or not.

The alternative, as others have said, is to go to another store that has the same vendors but no one knows you. Since this option is on the table, the question then also becomes is part of the benefit of going to your former workplace based in the potential to be outing yourself when you do. Perhaps that actually is a reward as well for you.

ReineD
12-14-2009, 02:29 PM
My only reason to approach one or more of the girls where I use to work at is to have others work on me so I could get their prespective on how to do this and that....plus also have access to other product lines....like MAC etc....

I appreciate your position and your needs. :) My goal in responding the way I did was to help you examine the situation as realistically as possible. You have every right to be who you are, but please be careful to not lie to yourself because of the strength of your desire to interact as Sherry with people you know. Just be aware that by having your makeover done there you are choosing to out yourself and by extension, your wife (and kids if you have any).

I am not making any value judgments. You and your wife may be perfectly ready for people to know. I know a couple whose children, friends, and church community all know and support, and the CDing is not an issue. But my friend and her husband made the decision as a couple about who to tell and when.

Your desire for people to know Sherry must be compelling, but please consider your family and make sure that you are in sync with them about this. As I suggested earlier, you could begin to be open about the CDing to family and friends slowly and until then, you can get other perspectives on makeup just by going to a series of different salons.
:hugs:

Sherry-Stephanie
12-14-2009, 02:41 PM
family already knows...not really pleased with that aspect but it was the wife who told her brother....who we tell and who we don't is and has been discussed and revealed to and so far everyone is cool with it....so that's all good....I'll pop out to those who I wish to know otherwise I don't...but that's the path I'm on....aside from taking an ad out in a paer and letting "the world" know...we pick and choose at this time....