PDA

View Full Version : Double Disappointment at Goodwill

Daphnie-Duck
07-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Bleh. I took a gamble and lost big time at Goodwill. I spent a little over $10 on a pair of minidresses. One of them, I actually tried on in the fitting room. The other was an impulse buy on the way to checkout.

The one I tried on, a cute little denim number was a bit snug, but I was able to wiggle into it. When I got them home, I somehow managed to break the zipper on the denim one. I suppose that until I can somehow replace the zipper one of these years, I can hold it together in back with some safety pins.

The other one, a very sexy pinkish-red dress, turned out to not fit at all. Hopefully, I can recover some of what I paid by putting it on eBay. I just need to figure out how best to state the size, (28 inches neck to hem, and approximately 13 inches at its narrowest point across the front) since there is no size tag on it, and I can't find any size charts for "Born In America" branded stuff.

Here's what the big disappointment looks like:

Ah, well... Too bad, so sad for me, and better luck next time.

--
Daphnie

emmicd
07-30-2005, 09:24 PM
The red dress is very pretty. Too bad it's not your size. It takes some learning experiences in buying clothes. You will from time to time buy something you really like and find out you can't wear it because it simply doesn't fit.

I also buy nice clothes but never really get to wear them as often as I'd like because I only dress when I can and no one ever sees me accept me.

I'm in the closet and so are my clothes!

My wife does see them but only when there in the closet.

Emmi

Mandy Salamander
07-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi Daphne, if you wish to sell your dress and give good idea of size, measure total length of dress from top of shoulder strap to hem,,, also give measurement from seam to seam across front of dress at armpit to armpit, to get idea of bust size,,, and likewise at waist,,,also might want to mention fabric if known, and whether it has any stretch/give to it, especially on vintage fashions,,,this is kinda my thing,,, Good Luck, looks like a cute dress!!