PDA

View Full Version : when did you try make up

bridget jones
12-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I started putting on make up during my pre teen years,maybe 11 or 12.Just before I would get in the bath I would put on eye shadow,eye liner and lipstick my mother had in the drawer.I would admire it in a hand held mirror then wash it away,dry off put a pair of my sister's panties on and go to bed....I get a tingly feeling inside just thinking about it.

linnea
12-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I began trying make-up when I was about 12. I started buying my own when I was 16, shortly after I got my driver's license.

Cristi
12-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I dressed for a LONG time before trying makeup. I only began using makeup when I wanted to start going out dressed, before that I didn't see any need for it since I was just staying home and makeup, in itself, didn't have any attraction for me.

I still struggle with it, I don't have enough interest in doing it to really learn how to do it well, but I am starting to think of it as one of the things I need before I can think of myself as fully dressed.

Sometimes while watching television at night, I'll play with a few things for practice, but at this pace it is going to be 100 years before I know what most girls know by the time they are 20!

SuzanneBender
12-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I used to get in soo much trouble for playing with my Mom's makeup!. First time I really got to play with makeup and not get in trouble was drama in Junior High. I learned a lot of the techniques I still use today doing stage makeup.

kellyanne
12-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I started putting on make up during my pre teen years,maybe 11 or 12.Just before I would get in the bath I would put on eye shadow,eye liner and lipstick my mother had in the drawer.I would admire it in a hand held mirror then wash it away,dry off put a pair of my sister's panties on and go to bed....I get a tingly feeling inside just thinking about it.
Age 22 - not enough privacy before that.

DaisyG
12-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Not having a sister, and with Mom using only a touch of lipstick on occasion and Grandma using no makeup at all, I was spared the temptation until I was through school :straightface: - - Except,

My focus from preschool days had always been legs and feet, and the wonderful silky feeling sheer hose and the the pretty high heels that adorn them. So at age 17 when I acquired a pair of really cute white sandals, my toenails cried out for some color. That was my start with makeup, when I bought a bottle of bright pink polish. I remember telling myself out loud, "gee, you have really pretty feet". :daydreaming:

Not until in my mid-twenties when I had my own apartment and owned a few dresses did I get into real makeup, as I could see my eyes lacked the sparkle they needed, and my face was dull and drab. :)

I never developed that much makeup ritual. I mostly just add the color and highlight needed to let my pretty clothes present their best. :love:

Daisy

Tess
12-12-2009, 04:55 PM
At about 12, the first time I stepped into my mother's panties. One thing led to another and by the time I was done I was wearing her lipstick too.

Amanda Styles
12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
To the best of my memories, I was around 11 years old.

Karren H
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
In High School I messed around a lot with makeup.. Wasn't very good.. And a little in college.. But I gioit adicted to makeup 5 years ago.. I have been a moderator on a women's makeup forum going on 2 years now and I can't quit!! Its so a part of my life I

Kate Simmons
12-12-2009, 05:10 PM
At age 13 about a year after I started dressing.:)

S. Lisa Smith
12-12-2009, 05:35 PM
My mother is quite pretty and always used a lot of makeup. I think I was 10 or 11 when I started using it. I still love makeup and I think I'm better at it than my wife!!

Marcia Blue
12-12-2009, 06:12 PM
My crossdressing started with makeup, at the ripe old age of 5 years old.
I started with lipstick.
Clothes came shortly after.
Mascara at 7 years old.

jenna_woods
12-12-2009, 06:17 PM
make up was one of the last things I tried, and I was in my late 40"s

kellycan27
12-12-2009, 06:18 PM
At 13 I dabbled in mascara and lipstick, and at 15 I got my first total makeover at the hands of a woman who was a friend of the man I worked for. Looking back, I am reminded of those little kids that you see on TV.The ones who's mothers dress and make them up to enter them in beauty contests. A little adult face and a child's body.

Cheryl T
12-12-2009, 06:35 PM
My mom didn't wear much makeup so I believe my first attempts were when I was about 17 and could drive to the store alone.
Thinking back on it I must have looked a sight. Probably more the "French *****" look than the girl next door for sure. :eek:

Glad I was able to learn over time and be much better when I first decided to venture out in the world...:doh:

Carole Cross
12-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I never used makeup when I dressed at home because I didn't think it was worth the effort since no one would see me. Another reason was because my mother never used much makeup when I was younger so I never had the opportunity to try it, except for lipstick.
A few years ago I bought my first makeup, eyeshadow and lipstick and started experimenting with that. I started buying the rest of my makeup last year, after deciding I had to transition after living a lie for so long. I had a makeover on December 30th, last year and on New Years Eve I went out dressed for the first time. It took me about three hours to put on the make up for the sirst time. I have since got it down to about an hour. It still needs some work but I am happy with the way it is progressing. :D

SweetCaroline
12-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I wanted to in my teen years but was always afraid to for two reasons. Mainly because the only make-up in the house belonged to my sister, and I didn't want her to notice I was using her stuff (it was bad enough I was wearing her clothes) and because I was afraid I'd get caught with it on. People in my house had a habit of coming home unexpectedly. Clothes I could whip off real quick, but make-up took a while to wash off. I did experiment a little with Halloween make-up kits and, in my later years, water color paint (seriously), but I actually never fully started wearing make-up until I started going out in public, about two and a half years ago.

Of course now, I don't really care who sees me with make-up on.

Joy Carter
12-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Some where around first grade, was I six then ? I loved the taste of lip stick. That was 1955/56, I wonder what was in that stuff, that made me want to do it more ? The problem came in when trying to wash it off. I know mom had to know. LoL

Frédérique
12-12-2009, 08:40 PM

I first put on makeup when I was a little boy – I often think about that. I wasn’t punished (that I can remember), but many years went by before I tried it again, so maybe I had a “blackout” about some unpleasant childhood episode. I just wanted to be pretty. I did a lot of experimentation with makeup on my own before I sought out any advice, but I eventually made myself presentable. Putting on makeup always makes me feel like I’ve crossed the boundary between crossdressing and transvestism, but that’s my own personal line of demarcation. Even just putting on lipstick, or thinking about it, gives me the “tingly” feeling you mention in the OP, Bridget…:battingeyelashes:

Mona
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
i was 14 and dressed as a gypsy gilr for Halloween and I got to wear lipstick! I think it came from a neighbor girl as my mom didn't wear it.

Nicole Anne
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I was probably around 13 or 14. If i remember right i didnt look very good either. I guess thats when i realized i was going to need help.

Blaire
12-12-2009, 10:37 PM
My foray into CDing was with makeup. I'd wake up at wierd hours of the night and slip off to the bathroom and play with Mom's collection. That was years before I started in with the clothes. I think I was somewhere between 5 and 8.

Now, whew! I'll put my colour collection against almost anyones!

Caitlintgsd
12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
age 12. My mom used to get so mad because I'd break her lipsticks.

Stormgirl
12-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Like when I was around the age of 9 or 10.

MissyW
12-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I believe it was around 12 or 13.

Amy Sue
12-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I think it was around age 14 or 15. I remember trying to use my mother's make up, especially her lipstick and mascara.

Amy :)

AlisonRenee
12-13-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm not sure - sometime pre-teen I do remember playing around with my mother's makeup. I didn't get serious about it until about 14 years ago and it's been lots more fun this way.

Jenniferpl
12-13-2009, 06:09 AM
I tried some of my sister's lipstick when I was in my teens. Didn't really care for it then. Tried some again a while ago and am addicted to it now.

Samantha Girl
12-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I only started using makeup about 2 years ago. Don't know why it took so long. I looove eyeshadow and fake eyelashes. I feel like the 1st time I really saw Samantha was the 1st time I did my eyeshadow and fake eyelashes perfectly. It's like a transformation when I'm done with my eyes, I love that :D

suchacutie
12-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Just after we "found" Tina (4 years ago) my wife and I were on a trip and had just gone on our first shopping trip for Tina. We needed to stop in a pharmacy and while we were picking up what we needed my wife suddenlyt stopped in front of the eye makeup and handed me mascara and eye liner saying, "Tina will need these now!"

That's when I started!

Brandi Wyne
12-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Wow! So many of you girls started making up so young. My mom was always into makeup and I had an older sister who used it a lot, too, but that nevr occured to me, I think.

Although I started with nylons and panties by about age 8, it wasn't until about three years or so ago that I took the leap. I tried using the wifes but I don't like much of what she wears, so I started buying my own and trying different things. I think I have most of it down pretty good except being consistant and graceful with eyeliner. It takes me quiet a while to add eyeliner and feel really good about what the mirror shows me.:doh:

XXs,

Laura_Stephens
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
I used to "borrow" my mother's lipstick when I was 4 years old. Of course, my lips looked like a children's coloring book -- didn't stay within the lines. I guess I kinda looked like Bozo the Clown. Of course, when I got caught, punishment ensured.

jacques
01-02-2010, 04:04 PM
hi,
I first tried lipstick this year (well last year really because this is a new year) - aged fiftysomething.
Could it be eyeshadow next year?
luv J

TrishW
01-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Sadly I haven't yet,not any time alone,hopefully soon though.

danielle swenson
01-18-2010, 09:08 AM
I was 'bout five @ the time. It was mum's lipstick!

jenna_woods
01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
I had to learn make up about 20 years ago wen I did fashion photography. but never put any on my self for10 more years wen I really started dressing.

StaceyJane
01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
For a long time I only experimented with lipstick. Last week was the first time I had a makeover and I loved the way I looked.

kristinacd55
01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I think the first real time was when I dressed "the good witch from the North" in Wizard of Oz for halloween in college. I also loved wearing that gown! :daydreaming:

MargaretJ
01-18-2010, 11:33 AM
I have dabbled with lipstick and I think eye shadow in the past, but can't remember any particular occasion. It is only in the last few years that I have really got into using make up. En femme is great, but en femme made up, is so much better.

Samantha43
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I was 12 or 13. Makeup is what got me started crossdressing. I experimented with it before I tried on women's clothing. It was my first love and is still my favorite part of crossdressing.

Desiree8
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
i was about 11 or 12... love eye shadow!

sherri52
01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
My first time with makeup wasn't until I was about 22 and had 2 kids both girls and both born while I was in Vietnam. One each trip. I had been dressing since I was 8 but never used makeup. I was the oldest of 9, you have no private time and I never thought of it. I just liked dresses and thought they made me look pretty.

Byanca
01-18-2010, 10:35 PM
lipstick, maybe 6-7. Lipstick and mascara, not sure. I remember a male friend of mine(same age) noticed I had mascara on at around 13, and made fun of me. Resulting in me denying it and washing it off frantically, very ashamed. I had forgotten about it. But I did use a little makeup all through my school years. Not enough that anyone noticed.

NicoleScott
01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
I would put on lipstick in the bathroom starting around age 8-10. I had a pretty good collection of lipsticks in my teens. I didn't use much else until I had more privacy when I was in my twenties. In my thirties and continuing still, I discovered that I loved all makeup, heavy makeup, bold makeup. Makeup was exciting in itself, even more so when fully dressed. I especially love very long and thick eyelashes, black liquid eyeliner, lots of eye shadow, deep red lipstick with long nails painted to match. I like a heavy foundation, but also find it necessary for good coverage. On many occasions when I couldn't fully make up and dress, I would just wear pantyhose and high heels while heavily applying deep red lipstick. Never fails to excite.

Crystal 26
01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
i think from what i remember about 8 trying my mums lippy and ruining it but i think spurned me on to dress. also i remember a teacher of mine wearing bright red lipstick and long red nails and being fascinated by her.

MWCMDarlene
01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I have never really experimented or played around wiht makeup. I do recall being around 15 or 16 years old and putting on my mother's lipstick once when no one was at home. I remember not caring for the taste of it on my lips.

Later, when I was about 20 or 21, I was dating a 17 year old girl. one night at her house, she, her mom, and her little sister thought it would be funny or fun to put makeup on me. I was into crossdressing at that time, but she didn't know.

I remember them putting mascara and eye shadow on me. Either I was allegic to the mascara or they accidently got some in my eye, because my eyes became red and puffed up.

If her parents had not have made me quit seeing her, I probably would have married her. I beleive that she would have been able to accept my crossdressing and we could have enjoyed my other persona.

EllieOPKS
01-20-2010, 04:08 PM
I just recently tried make up for the first time. I looked like Marilyn Manson after a 3 day drunk :) .

I have a profound respect for how good you girls look in your make up, eventually I hope I learn.

sesissy
01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I have always loved makeup. I can remember sneaking out some of my mom's lipstick when I was four or five years old. I don't recall getting caught.

I wear a light shade of eyeshadow everyday. I also wear a small amount of mascara and concealer. I don't feel right going out without it on.

After wearing makeup for a while, I now understand why why gg's constantly go to the bathroom to "check" their makeup.

I find myself going more and more to the restroom, even excusing myself sometimes from the table sometimes, to make sure my mascara is just right and not flaking.

I always give myself a little giggle when I check to make sure everything is okay.

I wear lipstick as often as possible and love the way it looks and feels.

Pattie O
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
I started make up in my teens when my mother was out for the day;I would dress fully and also use hair spray and I loved experimenting with different shades of lipstick and eyeshadow.Once dressed I would put on a favourite record and dance and relax!

SuzanneBender
01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Mom would always yell at me for playing with her makeup just because I could really do some damage to a tube of lipstick.

I really started using and wearing makeup in Drama in Jr. High. It was the wonderful andro 80's so I just kept on wearing it! All my buddies thought I wanted to be a metal glam rocker. :heehee:

Danni Kay
01-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I think I first started using makeup around age 8 or 9. Needless to say, I was pretty bad at it! I got more interested in it during high school (like most other girls), using my mom's and sister's until I started buying my own around age 15. My sister caught me once and she said she thought that I looked cute "playing dress-up" and offered to paint my nails for me, which I declined at the time. By the time I went to college I had quite a collection including lipstick, eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner.

I started getting more serious about my makeup a few years ago and have a pretty good supply now (lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, powder, eyeliner, lipliner, mascara, eyebrow pencil), and I try to practice everyday.

I don't go out anymore without at least foundation, powder, and lipliner. I've had two makeovers "done" at MAC. I'd like to get makeup lessons as well. Do MAC, Sephora, or Ulta have private lessons available?

Madilyn A.
01-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I started with lipstick at about 4 or 5. In cartoons, I saw Mickey Mouse put on lipstick and all of a sudden his eyelashes grew longer, he quickly was able to find a dress and all of a sudden I was looking at Minnie Mouse, like WOW, it was just that easy. So I would go to the bathroom every chance I got and do like Mickey and become Minnie ! I bet many girls out there had similar thoughts in their childhood, or was it just me ? ...............Madilyn

rachelcdtvcd
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
somewhere around 12...i had a relative that was pretty helpful and bought me my first makeup...

kimdl93
01-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I was probably 9 or 10 - just played a little with my older sister's make up. I never ventured out of the bathroom!

SpritzNJ
01-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Somewhere around 12-13. I wonder if my sister knew I watched her for application tips? :)

MimiLee
01-26-2010, 08:46 PM
I started wearing makeup when I was 23yo, but it was basically just lipstick and foundation. It wasn't until I turned 27yo that I discovered there was more to makeup. Soon after, it became huge obsession to get my hands on concealers, lip/eye liners, mascara etc!

Angie G
01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Maybe 20 years ago.:hugs:
Angie

mylieanna
01-26-2010, 09:19 PM
i was 10 the first time, never did it again until, next week, got some on order and just waiting to get it. should be interesting, as i dont know how to do that stuff