PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present Giveaway!!!

rocketscientist
12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Ok Gurls, It is the holiday season. A time of peace and goodwill to all. I have what I think is an awesome idea! A Christmas giveaway! Here's how it works: Most of us have a few things that we love(tops,skirts,shoes,etc..),but for some reason:doh:,they just won't fit! Well, here's your chance to get rid of them, and as our Karren is fond of, commit a R.A.O.K.! Since this is my idea, I'll go first as an example.I hope this will catch on and many of our sisters will benefit. So, here we go. I have a pair of light brown wedges, size 11 that are like new(save for a few darker spots on them,here and there). I grabbed the wrong size!:doh: So I can't wear them and they are taking up space in my already overcrowded closet!:eek: So the first P.M. I get with a U.S. address to send them to gets them!! Just like that they are yours! I will pay for postage and everything! I don't want anything in return but the knowledge that you are enjoying your new aquisition! Check out the pics. Merry Christmas!! Who's gonna be next?:)

Nicole Anne
12-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Wow! What a sweet thing to do. Thats so nice, i love it. Hugs to you.....

rocketscientist
12-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I had one PM from Marcia Blue asking if they were still available. As of this writing, they are. I still have not received an address yet,though.

DiannaRose
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't have a big enough collection yet to have things I no longer want, but what I great idea! We should have a freebies thread in the classifieds section. :)

linnea
12-12-2009, 07:49 PM
A great idea!

rocketscientist
12-13-2009, 04:17 AM
The brown wedges were claimed by Marcia Blue! Hope she enjoys them. Ok, anybody else gonna participate in this? C'mon, there has to some of you out there.

Andy66
12-13-2009, 04:45 AM
Oooohhhh! What a great idea! I don't have much because I already gave a bunch of stuff to my neighbor, but I'll go look. :)

Ricki S.
12-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Okay, great idea... I'll play.

Thanks to the amazing efficiency (not) of the USPS, I ended up with two copies of this dress and the vendor has ignored all of my attempts to return it. So for the daring among you, the brand new, never worn copy can be yours for Christmas.

http://lunaloca.net/images.post/_A107992.jpg

It's a size L. Same deal, the first PM with a U.S. address gets it! Enjoy!

Marcia Blue
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
OK, I have a pair of new size 13W black patent pumps with 3inch silleto heel. They are a couple sizes to large for me. They need a loving home. First PM with U.S. Address gets them.
Picture to come later

rocketscientist
12-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Kudos to Ricki S. and Marcia Blue for their contributions!:)

rocketscientist
12-15-2009, 10:36 PM
I just got word from both Ricki S. and Marcia Blue. Nobody has claimed their offerings yet. :sad:Frankly, I'm a little disappointed that this idea has not taken off. I counted well over 400+ views to this thread and only 2 of those participated! I thought that this would be a kind and thoughtful idea that would benefit everyone who participated.Those that had items they didn't want or could not use could give them to someone who could use them. Maybe you got a new wig and don't like your old one as much but it's still in decent shape. You don't need it anymore and there are plenty of gurls who would love to have their first wig. You can just send it to them knowing that it is going to good use and not just laying around. Same goes with shoes or blouses etc.. whatever fem items you have that either don't fit or you just plain don't like. Somebody else might.All i ask is that you don't offer garbage or damaged items. C'mon, where is the love that I feel this thread deserves? Or, maybe i'm just lost in the pink fog?:confused:

LisaKarenAZ
12-15-2009, 10:42 PM
What a great idea!
It's a shame that I can't participate. I have no belongings of my own. I can't keep anything in the house for fear of the wife finding it.
Lisa

Andy66
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
I think it's a great idea, but I just don't have any good stuff to contribute right now. It's all been given away already. (I might have something after Christmas. :p ) The things that have been offered wouldn't fit me. I'm sure someone can enjoy them.

sometimes_miss
12-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Took a quick view of this thread, yeah, I have something at home that I can give away. But I understand as there are going to be a lot of us in the closet that don't want to give away who we are. I know, I know, lots of you are 'out'. Some of us would simply rather not, despite the great 'deal' of free stuff. My donation is a pair of pink pumps with a square toe, size listed as 15 but are way, way too tight for my size 16 feet. As many of us know, there is a very wide variation in sizing these things to our feet (my example: I wear a men's size 16, but thanks to the odd sizing that the manufacturers use, I've had women's shoes ranging from size 13 to 17 that will fit me). Pic later tonight. I suppose they will fit someone with a men's size 13.

Carroll
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
great thread and idea, but the dress is not quite my style and the shoes would be more a boat for me. I am a size 18, and have nice small feet (size 8ish wide women size)

tamela bell
12-16-2009, 06:29 PM
i have 1 pair of blue canvas slingbacks size 11 from route 66. the first P.M. I get with a U.S. address to send them to gets them!!

sherri52
12-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I have two body pieces available to the first US address received. Addressee will get both. Both are large and the leopard print unzips all the way around and will actually seperate if needed.103932

MissKara
12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Doh! I wish I lived in America :P Soo many nice things

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Sandi J
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Love that dress, Ricki, but don't know how to PM, or if I can yet. Looks very nice though.

Sweet Cindy
12-16-2009, 09:11 PM
It's an awesome idea, Tonya! Really shows your Christmas spirit!

Like some others on here, I'd love to take part but there's no parcel delivery service here in my closet.

Give it some time, more people will join in. Good for you for getting the ball rolling.

:thumbsup:

Ricki S.
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
The dress has a new home for Christmas!

Keep it going!

Marcia Blue
12-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I have a new home for the 13W black pumps. (They are on there way Sara)
I will look and see if I have anything else for the Merry Christmas give away.

Chloe' Buffington
12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
As the rules above stated, I'll ship this wig to the first PM I get with an American address.

Sent to DiannaRose.

AmberLynn
12-16-2009, 11:39 PM
This is a wonderful idea,I appulad you ladies. since i have just started rebuilding I dont have much,but let me see what i got after me and my gg go thru are cloths this weekend :daydreaming:

Sara Jean
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I have a new home for the 13W black pumps. (They are on there way Sara)
I will look and see if I have anything else for the Merry Christmas give away.

Thank you again for the shoes
once i get over the flu i will go through what i got and pick out an item or two.

Chloe' Buffington
12-17-2009, 10:24 PM
The wig is gone to DiannaRose, Congratulations!
This is so much fun, I am going to see if I have anything else I want to give away.

Chloe'

daviolin
12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
The wig is gone to DiannaRose, Congratulations!
This is so much fun, I am going to see if I have anything else I want to give away.

Chloe'

Darn to late I wanted it. Anyway I'm going to look in my closet for some unwanted things. This could be addicting. Great Idea.

Aeval
12-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Tonya! What a great way to spread Christmas cheer! Hope Santa brings you everything you wished for this year!

rocketscientist
12-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I am so happy and proud that my idea has benefitted many of our sisters. Those that didn't have b4,might have now as a result. Props to those girls who have already donated items to the cause. I know Christmas is only a few days away, but I don't want any of you to feel as if it's some kind of deadline to meet. This idea is all in fun and goodwill and there are still lots of girls who can benefit,EVEN after the holidays. So ladies, what else do you got?:hugs:

Marcia Blue
12-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Tonya,
The wedges arrivved in perfect condition and the fit!!!!!!
Thanks and
Merry Christmas

Sara Jean
12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
crushed box arrived today luckly the shoes were undamaged ans wow than you so much Marcia . I love them and they are a good fit and Thank you again

jenna_woods
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
its a good idea if it works,

pattysues
12-21-2009, 09:22 PM
I received the dress from Ricki S. today, Thank you so much. I love it.

Well here is my part for the first address'ie. Size 11, about a 4" heel, they seem smaller than that to me and narrow. I have a few pairs of shoes in 11's that all fit well, all but these boots.

yvonne10
12-22-2009, 02:31 AM
great idea we could do with this in the uk

gretchen_love
12-22-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm gonna have to look through my stuff and see what I don't wear... Tis the season!

rocketscientist
12-22-2009, 06:25 AM
great idea we could do with this in the uk This is a good idea! What's stopping you? Remember, when u. offer an item, YOU specify where you are willing to ship. I see no reason why not. Go for it!

Marcie4you
12-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Wigs taken yet Chloe? Email me at Marci4you@yahoo.com for address...

sherri52
12-22-2009, 07:52 AM
The body suits have been spoken for and will be on thier way south for the winter.

brzezina
12-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Shucks, I just missed the body suits.

MsJordan
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Gosh...I hate I missed out on this thread! This cd is in need of a little bit of everything due to a purge and a 40 lb weight loss over the past year. Anybody have any items they are willing to part with. One of my resolutions was to bring Jordan back to life and I think this would be a start...any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!!