PDA

View Full Version : gotta get this out!

Melissa73
12-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Okay, i have to vent! i recently had a dream, and i cant talk it over with anyone. Let me add, that despite my dressing in female clothing, i have always considered myself straight. However, in the last few days, after i had this dream, of a man i used to work with, changed my thinking. I always thought he was cute! but then again this was 10 years ago. So why am i dreaming of him today???? And it was so full of passion and good feelings.

i guess i dont need a response, but i just needdc to get this out of me and this forum is the best place to..
ty
Michelle

Larissa Philips
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
My 2.5 cents? Dreams are just a way of your brain processing information and stimuli from your day to day life and subconscious memory. Does having a dream about a guy suddenly make you gay (or straight depending on ones perspective)? Not likely. If you are doubting your current sexuality, maybe its time to have a little heart-to-heart with yourself. If not, just enjoy the dreams and go along for the ride.

Kate Simmons
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Love or good feelings have no limits Michelle, especially time limits. Enjoy your feelings.:)

az_azeel
12-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Dreams to me are like watching a good movie.. especially if you can learn to control your dreams.. if you can it certainly makes them more enjoyable.. .. dont try and over analyze it just enjoy.. ;)

Frédérique
12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Dreams are just a way of your brain processing information and stimuli from your day to day life and subconscious memory.

I agree. I love how the brain processes daily information absorbed by the senses, fills in any gaps with long-forgotten memories, and makes an entertaining play out of the whole thing. Sounds like you had a really nice dream, Michelle, reopening some “blocked avenues” you may have encountered in the past (without consciously knowing it). Ah, I can dream, so I shall…:daydreaming:

theresa
12-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Michelle,

I think very few of us can say we haven't run into changes in life situations that have led us to think and make decisions about who we really are, and challenges to our beliefs about things like values, sexuality, spirituality and such. My personal opinion is that it is good to be challenged like this and that we grow stronger as a result.

I've read that dreams sometimes can reflect changes going on in your life, but that the relationship to the images in the dream and real life events is oftentimes not a physically direct one. Such dream sequences may symbolize some conflict or challenge to a belief system going on in your real life, and have no direct relationship to real life.

I'm not a dream expert by any means, and I don't think that all dreams have meaning connected with them. However, I suggest that you don't take your dream literally but instead examine if your subconcious mind might be trying to tell you something about change in your life.

Of course, the whole thing may just be a wild dream wtih absolutely no meaning. Only you can decide.

Karren H
12-13-2009, 05:25 PM
If we knew what dreams really ment... There would be no need to pay someone to guess at what they think they mean?

kellycan27
12-13-2009, 05:25 PM
It was a dream,nothing more..........forget it.

Joanne f
12-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Dreams are just a way of your brain to unload quite often a mixture of fantasy and reality all mixed up and not in any particular order.
It`s what you would like them to mean may be more important .

Tina P Hose
12-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Dreams are just a way having our brain freak us out.

Barbara Dugan
12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
dreams sometimes become reality:daydreaming:

Sideways
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
The fun for interpretation under these themes would be knowing whether you were in goil mode or guy mode.

But really, grasping at straws at either is best served for self interpretation.

If I was to strongarm a couple views...

Reflection : You likely had some of these doubts in your early journey.

being that the interpretation of dreams is often more on about the symbolic - then couldn't we say that perhaps this was a man you would have liked to see yourself

or perhaps even as the alternative the if, the maybe - straight girls have more of an open game than the bromance - or we could say there's the possibility of a fundamental sexuality that like those which follows along with an attraction to specific genders, that likewise your influence with your own perspective of your gender or gender shifts is influenced by a connection not only to your feminine side but that of your female identity - which very well may be straight

and perhaps regardless of whether you were in guy mode or girl mode, that it was symbolic of the union of your masculine side and feminine side, and what remains is the difference of your reaction now to this dream vs having this dream in your earlier beginnings.

So I suppose We could call it a mile-stone as you likely had some self doubts on sexuality when you began this journey and the question is ten years later have they changed? -- that of itself its not so much the question if your sexuality has changed, but rather your perspective.

Is it just a dream? Does it mean more? Is it about sexuality? is it about gender? Is it about companionship? Maybe just friendship or perhaps just needing to get laid. Or are you just comfortable in your skin regardless of the circumstances.

good feelings, pleasure... no guilt, remose, sometimes living in the moment has its perks - even if its just a dream.

row, row, row your boat.

sherri52
12-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Dreams can reflect current changes in your life but don't put to much into it. Physics who see things in dreams usually have to figure out what they saw and revert it into everyday occurances. These may not be exactly what they saw but a simulance of said dreams.

Melissa73
12-13-2009, 10:12 PM
thank you for all the responses, and i have to admit one really hit home.

"Is it just a dream? Does it mean more? Is it about sexuality? is it about gender? Is it about companionship? Maybe just friendship or perhaps just needing to get laid. Or are you just comfortable in your skin regardless of the circumstances."

this, as it had been a while, might be what it it is....but again thank you all once again

Sarah Doepner
12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
I had a dream where a man was interested in a crossdressed me and I with him. I had a dream where I could fly. I had a dream where a horse spoke to me about the color purple. I had a dream where I was 5'4" and cute.

None of these dreams has any reality to them, but they were mine, not yours. You have to determine if it's a dream or something else.