PDA

View Full Version : Freddy’s Holiday Cookies

Frédérique
12-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Hello, friends! Today, December 13, is Saint Lucy’s Day. Since it is one of the few saint days observed in Scandinavia, it is celebrated in Lindsborg, KS (a.k.a. Little Sweden) the traditional way -- Saint Lucy appears as a young woman (usually the oldest daughter in a family) with lights and sweets. With this in mind, I’m offering my “holiday cookies” today in the form of random observations -- these are meant to be semi-humorous, and they are based mainly on things seen or experienced in the MtF area, where I usually reside:

1. Inserting the word “Art” into a post will kill a thread immediately. :eek:
2. Have you noticed that your fingers do a little dance when you type the word “crossdresser?”
3. Threads that take a long time to write drop like stones, while short, hastily-written threads get plenty of attention. Maybe I’m jealous…
4. I didn’t have a feminine name until I came here (I was just me), so I had to choose one quickly. The accents were an afterthought…
5. SO, SO, SO – doesn’t anyone ever talk about insignificant others?
6. Are you like me? Do you have a big pile of ridiculous, unused posts sitting around?
7. It’s very easy to be a crossdresser when you’re not married, have no children, and don’t work for someone else (and rarely go outside)…
8. How do I get that hidden skin? Oops, wrong forum…:doh:
9. Trains and crossdressers go together for some reason, regardless of what country you’re from…
10. Many younger crossdressers seem troubled, while older members seem comfortable with themselves, so the moral must be “wait a while”…
11. I rarely post without quoting, but I like to acknowledge the OP, if at all possible…
12. If you and I were to meet, and you knew who I was, would you shake my hand, hug me, or kiss me? Hopefully you wouldn’t ignore me…:)
13. New girls are welcomed, and then promptly ignored. Patience is a virtue, my friends…
14. It takes time (sometimes days) to write a decent PM, and it hurts my shoulder…
15. Reading between the lines here is one of many necessary skills…
16. Self-pleasure is a wonderful thing (I mean in regards to spelling and grammar)…:heehee:
17. Members do leave, but they usually return. The space in between grows exponentially each time it happens. Come back, TXKimberly…
18. A sense of loneliness comes through loud and clear in some of the posts (especially mine)…
19. Sports and crossdressing don’t mix properly, unless you’re playing hockey with Karren Hutton, of course…
20. Regarding MtF’ers, nobody talks enough about the simple pleasures of wearing a dress…
21. Freddy has never read the “Art of tucking” thread. This is what I have to work with …:straightface:
22. I have several friends who write well, and I’ve alienated some of them, too…
23. Since I never had a true girlhood, I live vicariously through other’s experiences…
24. How about a smilie that bows or curtsies?
25. Ze has the best signature…:Ze:
26. I’m anticipating a “What color nail polish did you spill on your (fill in the color) panties” thread…
27. Posts can resemble shy notes, toilet-paper length discourses, or space-filling lists :hypnotized:…
28. We wear masks in real life, but when we put on a little make-up we see our true selves…
29. This forum reminds me of a secret tree house in the deep woods, made accessible by a rope ladder…
30. You can fall asleep easily by counting how many thousands of words you’ve wasted…
31. Someday I’m going to write a post starting with a single quoted word from someone (like "the")…
32. There’s this strange feeling at all times that men in women’s clothing are reading what I write…
33. I really need you to like me, because I’ve never fit in anywhere – it’s true…:sad:
34. Darling is a beautiful word…
35. I arrange my perversions like flowers – aren’t they pretty? :battingeyelashes:
36. If a crossdresser wears a kilt, it immediately ceases to be a battle garment. Skip the sporran…
37. When I first came here I was worried I had nothing meaningful to say, but now I’m quite sure of it…
38. Looking at the photos here makes me realize just how introverted I am…
39. In the past five months I’ve told the same stories three times or more, but nobody seems to notice…
40. My biggest fear is not having enough knowledge to back up a response, or respond to a topic in the first place…
41. Few (if any) realize that this list can be seen as an example of conceptual art. Oh, never mind…:facepalm:
42. If I had five cents for every time I read the word “guilt” here, I’d have $105.95…
43. I thought I was hopelessly shy and quiet, but now I seem outgoing by comparison…
44. Do you ever notice how you bump into the same members now and then within a thread, as if we’re all thinking alike, or just happen to be awake at the same time?
45. This crazy dollhouse keeps rolling along like a katamari…
46. I always enjoy getting a PM and reading it, but I love to write and send one even more…
47. What exactly happened on 1/18/08, at 1:37 AM, when there were 1,257 members online?
48. The “Writer’s Society” reminds me of the film Cube 2: Hypercube: four people sitting in the corners of a room, getting ready to crawl through a hole to another dimension. Maybe I’m just jealous…:hmph:
49. Do you speak in your femme voice when you talk to yourself?
50. My message is this – enjoy being different. If I could meet you I would give you a warm, reassuring embrace. We’ve come a long way, you and I…:hugs:

Thanks for reading...
Happy Saint Lucy’s Day!

theresa
12-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Frederique,

That is one of the cleverest, funniest and yet insightful posts I've ever seen. I loved it and literally am still grinning from ear to ear. You certainly are the queen of one liners.

You realize that you've moved the bar one notch higher to top this one girl, right? I'm going to go back and read every one of your posts and enjoy.

Thanks again for your gift of St. Lucy Days cookies.

P.S. When do we get the pancakes? :)

trannie T
12-13-2009, 06:20 PM
51. Frederique's posts are always interesting, well thought out and unlike most of the posts on this forum grammitically correct with perfect spelling.

Brooke Ashley
12-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Loved it :) Funny and witty

Alicia Grey
12-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Frédérique wrote

If you and I were to meet, and you knew who I was, would you shake my hand, hug me, or kiss me? Hopefully you wouldn’t ignore me…

A big hug :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Nigella23
12-13-2009, 06:45 PM
33. :hugs:

Kathi Lake
12-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Frédérique, my darling friend,

I love your post. Many of the observations you posted are ones that I have had as well. Great minds, and all that. :)

Don't feel lonely. You do have friends here. Call out. Reach out.

Kathe

sherri52
12-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Frederique Thank you for the St lucy cookies. I would like to give you some Hersey Kisses in return.:love:

BLUE ORCHID
12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi Frederique
that was a real darling of a post.
I couldn't agree with you more.

#9 it's a toss up with me on that one
I would say that taking a camera and a
radio scanner to the railroad tracks
for the day ranks right up there with
dressing up for the day.
.................................................. .........thanks..........Orchid

Faith_G
12-13-2009, 09:17 PM
#33 I love you because you are smart and articulate without being arrogant, unfeeling, and pretentious. :hugs:

#35 is sooo twisted! I love it! :devil:

#44 is definitely sleep patterns.

#46 you can send me a PM any time. And I thought I was the only one who spent hours writing a PM... :doh:

Great post, I read your stuff whenever I see it.

dilane
12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
A hug with L.A. Style air kisses thrown in, of course!

A very smart therapist told me this sometime ago, and it helped me: Shyness often comes from being too focused on oneself (self-conscious). If you focus on others, listen, and ask about their life, it dissipates like fog on a sunny day.

Re unused posts, several times I've just shaken my head and said "Wow!" to myself at the accumulated wisdom here...and then erased what I was going to post :).

PretzelGirl
12-13-2009, 09:48 PM
4. I didn’t have a feminine name until I came here (I was just me), so I had to choose one quickly. The accents were an afterthought…

I had the same thing (minus the accents). Came up with my name when I was staring at the empty login name box.

12. If you and I were to meet, and you knew who I was, would you shake my hand, hug me, or kiss me? Hopefully you wouldn’t ignore me…:)

I am a hugger.....as long as the other person is comfortable with it. So you have one waiting for you! :hugs:

17. Members do leave, but they usually return. The space in between grows exponentially each time it happens. Come back, TXKimberly…

Amen. It is hard for me not to wonder if all is going well when someone noticeable is no longer around. My thoughts go great distances for them.

Very nice list!

Tip or Ozma
12-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I just dropped by for a quick visit as the world rushes around me at present. I am glad that your post was the one on which my game piece landed

Miranda09
12-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Happy St Lucy's Day Frederique. Loved this thread..:hugs:

linnea
12-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Santa Lucia--what a beautiful festival! You've reminded me of some very good memories. Thank you.

SuzanneBender
12-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Darling this is the best post I have seen on here in a long time! I can tell you put a lot of work into it and you are so darn creative. We need to meet soon and I want to give you a big sisterly hug!:hugs:

PS my fingers do dance when I type the words crossdresser or transgendered.

sterling12
12-14-2009, 12:01 AM
So, is St. Lucy like The Patron Saint of Ditzy Redheads who have Cuban Bandleader Husbands?

Actually I think you did a whole bunch of Quality Free Verse there....very interesting!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Hope
12-14-2009, 02:43 AM
And suddenly I am transported to a far distant time, to my grandfathers house on Puget Sound, it is dark out, and I can see the lights from the Naval base reflecting on the water, and the lights from the big colorful bulbs on the christmas tree reflecting in the window, while all around me a bunch of drunken Swedes are singing "Nu Det Jul Igen."

Why did life have to get so complicated?

Shikyo
12-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Like I anticipated, this was a thread worth to read. I wonder if I would have found it if you wouldn't have mentioned it to me at all. *thinks* Probably, as I tend to read your threads even if I don't answer. *blushes and hides under the table*

#33 I love you because you are smart and articulate without being arrogant, unfeeling, and pretentious. :hugs:

#35 is sooo twisted! I love it! :devil:

#44 is definitely sleep patterns.

#46 you can send me a PM any time. And I thought I was the only one who spent hours writing a PM... :doh:

Great post, I read your stuff whenever I see it.

Freddy is very lovable, nyaa.

There are a lot more us(at least the three of us) who enjoy writing long PM's or other things.

KateW
12-14-2009, 03:32 AM
47. What exactly happened on 1/18/08, at 1:37 AM, when there were 1,257 members online?

This one made me laugh out loud! Great post Frédérique!

Christie ann
12-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Wonderful insights

Sarah Doepner
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Somehow the inclusion of the word "Art" hasn't killed this thread. When it finally goes away it will be remembered fondly and maybe even revived every St. Lucy's Day.

Thank you Freddy for asking the question that has bothered me for so long, How did they get 1,257 crossdressers, significant others, insignificant others, oither others, TS's, and various flavors of TG's, all in this tiny room all at the same time?

Brooke Smith
12-14-2009, 02:30 PM
52. Be sure to take some "pitchers" to share with your family.

April Renee
12-14-2009, 06:54 PM
QUOTE=Frédérique;…
10. Many younger crossdressers seem troubled, while older members seem comfortable with themselves, so the moral must be “wait a while”…
Excellent!! I'm getting there, with time.
Loved this thread.
April.

KatieC
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Thank you, Frédérique, for these "cookies". I always know when i see your name on a posting, that it'll be well worth the time to read. I'm so glad I stopped by the forums today and caught this one.

Although reading #35 almost got me funny looks at work. <must control laughing out loud better . . .:battingeyelashes: )

CharleneT
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Delicious, wonderful, succulent, vibrant, insightful and down right tasty. Yes, these are great cookies, thank you very much !

Charlene

(trying to avoid the A word, or a long reply....)

Roberta Lynn
12-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Great Cookies, Still fresh even after two days.

Prissy Linda
12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
your holiday cookies made me smile, thank you.

Ze
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
25. Ze has the best signature…:Ze:

:D

Now how did I miss this? My ears never burned or anything! (And now, of course, I've probably changed my signature since you last saw it. :doh: :heehee:)

I have to say, Freddy, I've always loved your posts. And this one meets your classic Freddy standards. :love:

windycissy
12-17-2009, 09:11 PM
I really liked this list! And yes, in answer to #12 you'd get a big hug from me...

lissetta
12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Art. Some of us love to say it!

Mandy Burgundy
12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
29. This forum reminds me of a secret tree house in the deep woods, made accessible by a rope ladder…

I thought it was a doll house, and I hope that ladder has pink velvet ropes :heehee:

Enjoyed this thread:fp:

Frédérique
12-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Thank you all for your very kind words! :o

Here are a few more (leftover) cookies:

51. Wearing a dress without breastforms is completely pointless…:heehee:
52. I’ve never experienced the “pink fog” – it’s more like pink sunshine...
53. Here’s a neat trick – you can shamelessly post in your own thread after a couple of days, making it (briefly) return to the top of the queue…TA DAH!!! You can only do this once, however…:doh:
54. Have you ever “hit for the cycle?” That is, submit a new thread, post in someone else’s thread, send a PM to a friend (or anyone), and leave a visitor’s message, all in one sitting? I’ve done that twice, I think, if my memory serves me…:thinking:
55. It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway – I enjoy being here…:gh:

Faith_G
12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
#53 - If you truly are shameless, you can do it as often as you like. :D