PDA

View Full Version : crossing legs

linnea
12-13-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't have a lot of data to support this observation, but I have noticed that when GGs are standing at a counter, if they have their weight on just one leg or mostly on one leg, they usually cross the other leg behind the straight one. Males, I think, tend to cross their unweighted leg in front. It's not a big deal, but I'm wondering if others have noticed this. It might be something that I'll remember when I'm in femme mode.

sherri52
12-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I never thought about it. I cross my unweighted leg behind the other. I guess that means I'm always showing my femme side.

tinalynn
12-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Now that you mention it, I do notice the same thing. And I do it, too! In drag my leg goes in front. But when dressed - without fail - my leg will go behind. Interesting thought!

Karren H
12-13-2009, 10:19 PM
If I stand on one leg I fall over? Lol.

linnea
12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
If I stand on one leg I fall over? Lol.

I think that you have pretty good balance, Karren. I doubt that you fall over much under any circumstances--maybe on the ice.

sarahgk
12-14-2009, 03:33 AM
I never thought of that before but I just tried it out and you're right.. Maybe it has something to do with the stability of the stance?

Larissa Philips
12-14-2009, 07:31 AM
I don't think the position of the leg in this instance is gender specific.

Phyliss
12-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Hadn't really paid that close of attention to those small details. Perhaps it has something to do with the idea of wearing heels, and it kinda becomes habitual

phyllis Lavender
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Dear Phyllis'
I just joined. I am also middle aged, was in the "closet" for several year but recently I went public. If I get next year to the Eastcoast I would love to
meet you. I am 55, 5-9", 155lbs. brown eyes and currently auburn hair. I have been divorced for many years and have no dependents.

Best wishes
Phyllis (that is my addopted name):o

Karren H
12-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I think that you have pretty good balance, Karren. I doubt that you fall over much under any circumstances--maybe on the ice.

On skates I'm good but off ice... I'm like a fish out of water! Lol.

SuzanneBender
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Linnea that is super obvervant. Kudos to you for noticing this and mega kudos for sharing.

I can't tell you if I have noticed it because I alwas get to darn distracted by their shoes and forget to watch how they stand. :daydreaming:

Jenny Wilson
12-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I tend to stand on one leg only when I am cross-species dressed as a pelican.

Jenny

linnea
12-15-2009, 11:23 PM
And does the other leg go in front of or behind the leg you're putting most of your weight on, Jenny? It might be different for pelicans because I think that they have those backward knees or maybe that just storks and cranes.

NathalieX66
12-16-2009, 12:06 AM
I can do it.....it's just not comfortable.
Real women have joints where the femur ball meets the pelvis socket, which can rotate, I swear, in any direction.....thus the multi-directional movement of child-bearing hips which helps getting that little head out of the cervix. That's just God being the supreme engineer/designer.

girlalex
12-16-2009, 04:09 AM
i've noticed that two just recently. For a very long time when i would stand in front of the counter i would always cross my unweighted let behind the straight one and it seemed really comfortable, something i never paid attention to. then when i realized that thats how girls usually stand i started watching my self not to do it to often because i don't want people "talking" but as soon as i forget my unconsciousness kicks in and i do it again.

JasmineD
12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Sharp observation linnea, I think it has to do mainly with weight distribution on female hips which are angled differently and legs when standing are separated wider at top. By standing on one leg, she can put weight shtright up rather than in angled manner. Position of second leg is just about feminine habits and style.

linnea
12-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks for all the insightful responses. I'm going to keep observing. I learn a lot from watching GGs (if I can do it without seeming to stare).