PDA

View Full Version : IF you could dress as a girl

Tina P Hose
12-13-2009, 08:57 PM
If you could dress as a girl, yet, still be yourself, in your own body. Be it you are a pretty girl, or just like to dress. ( like me, I am not a pretty girl) Anyway. IF, you could dress as a girl, and preform your current job, would you do it ?

I would not, peer pressure, and the job itself. I would not want to scare away customers.

But, it would be a thrill, to wear a skirt at work.

Joanie_Shakti
12-13-2009, 09:42 PM
as much as I'd like to, a skirt, dress, or heels would not be practical in my job. So other than more girly shirts and makeup, I wouldn't dress much differently than I do now.

tinalynn
12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
If I could get away with it, I would in a heart beat. I work in an engineering office environment that is perfect for a nice skirt and heels. But I value what I have and will not tempt it... But if there were to be no repercussions from friends or work respect, it would only take half of that heart beat!

sherri52
12-13-2009, 09:51 PM
I dress enfemme from the waist down at work, but I have an advantage It's my store. Due to the area I'm in I can't go above the waist but if I thought I wouldn't lose customers I would. I don't pass but it would give me a reason to get better at it.

Tanya83
12-13-2009, 09:58 PM
It's kinda hard to say. Part of the thrill is doing something you shouldn't.
Maybe if cross-dressing was socially accepted and every third guy was in high heels, it just might not be as fun.
But I think I would do it anyway. :D

Sideways
12-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Well some of my income does venture into areas where its expected or required in a sense as its more aware of the cd'ing or bending - although that aspect could probably be removed and still be successful. As my primaries, even while there is no set standard, it would remain neutral and sensible as to my expectations.

curious5752
12-13-2009, 10:00 PM
In my current job I could not dress enfem, just the good ol boy attitude there and the job is one that requires long pants and workboots. What I would like to do is get a office job on the weekends and try a skirt and blouse to see what it is like and go from there.
Cathy

trannie T
12-13-2009, 10:05 PM
I am retired and can dress as I wish, when I did work it was for the state prison system and I wore a uniform. There was little difference between male and female uniforms, the biggest diference between male and female uniform regulations was the amount of jewelry one could wear. Women could have one piercing in each ear, men, none.

Tanya83
12-13-2009, 10:08 PM
I am retired and can dress as I wish, when I did work it was for the state prison system and I wore a uniform. There was little difference between male and female uniforms, the biggest diference between male and female uniform regulations was the amount of jewelry one could wear. Women could have one piercing in each ear, men, none.

Ahh yes. But did they regulate what you wore underneath?

Karren H
12-13-2009, 10:12 PM
In the office I would but underground... We all wear pretty much the same thing anyway.. And I wouldn't want to get coal dust on my pretty things! Lol.

mjryo
12-13-2009, 10:42 PM
I definitely would! I think my office has gotten a bit lax and there are too many frumpy jeans...If I could wear a skirt and heels (or boots since it's cold here) I definitely would. Show some of the girls how to 'dress to impress' and be able show off my shaved legs, that would fantastic.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-13-2009, 10:50 PM
You see I'm out 24/7 now, my coworkers call me Kimberly and accept me as a woman. I am in transition and loving it... Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Miranda09
12-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Nope...being my male self and dressed as a girl at work won't do it for me. I have to present as my female self. For me, that's the whole idea of dressing.....If I understand your question correctly. :)

linnea
12-13-2009, 11:39 PM
If you mean that I would be able to present myself as feminine at work, would I do it. The answer is yes.

sandra-leigh
12-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Anyway. IF, you could dress as a girl, and preform your current job, would you do it ?

The official policy where I work is that cross-dressing is permitted provided that all safety gear required for your job is worn. (No safety gear is required for my job.) At least that's the theory.

In practice, recent events (not involving me) at my workplace have served as a warning that if I stick out too far, then the next time it is time to update my job description, I might be let go instead. (I'm not in the best graces of The Boss at work, for various reasons.)

But if somehow I knew that management would support me dressing obviously at work, and it was just a matter of dealing with my co-workers, then Yes, I would probably dress, skirts and dress + jacket combinations at least -- but I probably wouldn't use much makeup, and probably wouldn't wear a wig. I would not, in other words, be trying to "pass" or "transition". My co-workers are pretty diverse, and I believe most of them would take it in stride relatively well... they have other things to think about.

I have often appeared in public in mixed gender, and I am comfortable that way. Hiding it at work is, to me, a form of a lie, and at times that lie presses heavily on me. People already think I'm odd... my going "public" at work would probably have some people saying, "Oh, that explains it!"

LindaFloyd
12-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi as a printer i would love to wear my dress or a nice short skirt to work . but thats not going to happen step-dad is my boss . thanks linda

Danica_7
12-14-2009, 12:43 AM
If i were to dress at work...
I would wear womens work pants, and probably a nice but not too flattering blouse.

I could do it, but of course, i would consider myself transitioning at the point i ever dress at work.
And my en femme voice is terrible and needs more work, i'd have to master that first.

Im not really concerned with "What" i wear, as long as i present as female. I'd be fairly modest in the office.

crusadergirl
12-14-2009, 02:16 AM
no not at my job i wouldn't

denese013
12-14-2009, 02:55 AM
I am still looking for steel toed pumps.

Trixter
12-14-2009, 03:16 AM
this one is a toughie, I dont have to worry about scaring any customers or anything, but the looks I get from my co-workers would be hard presed to explain to ANYONE LOL
But I would if I could. Several times for work I have had to dress as a girl, halloween, loosing stats to another team, ect. All times its been such a joy to dress all girly and do my job :)

aggi123
12-14-2009, 03:18 AM
If I could pass well enought to do it at my job I would. I only see my boss like once a month and my job is to pretend like i'm shopping while hunting shoplifters in whatever grocery store I'm assigned to. I've seen plenty of crossdressers and transexuals shopping.

Charla McBee
12-14-2009, 03:48 AM
I don't have a job so I suppose at this very moment I am wearing a skirt to work. :D

Loni
12-14-2009, 04:24 AM
not at my job, way to many knuckles dragers, plus must wear the co clothing.

Jenniferpl
12-14-2009, 05:24 AM
If I could could pass I would go full time in a heart beat.

Ugly Michele
12-14-2009, 06:45 AM
I do I guess. There is a woman who does my job on another shift her clothes same as mine, as dictated by OSHA.

erickka
12-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Not on my shift! Being upside down under a bass boat console or butt in the air reaching in the bilge just doesn't come off too well in a skirt and heels!

Raychel
12-14-2009, 06:55 AM
My job would not allow it either. But If I had a job that would allow it, SURE. :D

Megan_Okana
12-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Thats interesting. I wouldn't its just not practical for my line of work. There are about half a dozen women in the company who dont work in the office (I dont work in the office either) and they dress the same way I do there. No make up, hair under a hat or just in a pony tail, and Carhartts and boots. So, in a purely humorous way, yeah, I dress just like the girls I work with

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-14-2009, 09:17 AM
At my current day job, I wouldn't do it. I work at a home improvement warehouse chain, and the customers tend to be pretty macho or at least meat and potatoes kinds of guys, a lot of contractors and such. I wore a kilt there on halloween and the response to it was ok enough but also at times on the edge of being uncomfortable and it was clear to me that the only reason people were "ok" with it was because it was halloween. Also though, it frankly wasn't that practical an item to wear.

With stand up comedy though, which I consider to be my "real" job and my career, I have gone onstage several times in a skirt now, though I've so far kept it relegated to just two venues which I know tend to be more open minded. I still haven't gone onstage and even talked about my crossdressing at the comedy club in town because I actually do paid work there and I don't know how comfortable I am yet getting into the material as personal as this with the more mixed crowds that it brings.

Farrah
12-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I would love to....However, as a teacher, I probably wouldn't. I wouldn't want to confuse the children.....I don't want to be blamed when a little boy tries on his first skirt...

Rianna Humble
12-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I have done that - but only when there are no co-workers around :sad:

It was a great feeling a few weekends ago when I had the end of 3 successive shifts to be myself :yahoo:

The best I can do at other times is to under-dress, wear a blouse or a unisex top and my wedge-heeled sandals but with drab jeans or trousers.

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-14-2009, 12:48 PM
If you could dress as a girl, yet, still be yourself, in your own body. Be it you are a pretty girl, or just like to dress. ( like me, I am not a pretty girl) Anyway. IF, you could dress as a girl, and preform your current job, would you do it ?

I would not, peer pressure, and the job itself. I would not want to scare away customers.

But, it would be a thrill, to wear a skirt at work.

Err....you mean, if I could crossdress at work without consequence? Sure. Uh...well actually now that I think about it... I guess I already do. :) Since the uniforms are identical, the only difference would be my bra and panties! ;) Well, and hair...yeah, if I could do that, I would.

WendyMichelle
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Being retire, that isn't a problem, but No, I would not have dressed to go to my job. My work was hot and dirty. Not a place for finery.

Lorileah
12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
well yeah...of course I would. However I would stand out because 90% of the females in my profession dress like guys (walk, act, do everything like guys) so I would be the odd one still.

Jezebella
12-14-2009, 05:28 PM
I'd say probably not, I'm not good enough to "pass" as female, and the type of engineering I'm in is a pretty male-dominated field so even the GG's stick out immediately in a crowd.

(Dr. Zoidberg voice inside my head goes, "Look, everyone, I'm learning the lingo!") ;)

theresa
12-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Since I'm not dressed full time, I don't think I would do it at work. When I retire that will be my new job and that might make for a different story.

Samantha43
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
The women in my profession wear business attire. I LOVE women's business attire! I wouldn't dress that way at work though. It would take away from the enjoyment I get from crossdressing if I did it every day.

minalost
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Actually, in my job it would be easy to CD at work. I have 2 ladies that work for me in my office with no problems - the one wears a french mani that makes me just green with envy! The problem is that the companies I rep for would drop me in a second if I "came out at work."

WandaRae2009
12-14-2009, 06:12 PM
If it was socially acceptable I would dress everyday. I work in an office so wearing dresses & skirts would be completely acceptable. I love the clothes and the look. Why does society perceive sex based on the clothes we wear. We should be albe to wear whatever we feel good in.

Cary
12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
I would be dressed in a heart beat! I wouldn't be a pretty girl. I would be a guy in women's clothes, which would be fine by me. I work in a small office(5 people)sitting at a desk all day.

brittdoll
12-14-2009, 07:49 PM
uuuuuhhhhh... NO

KateSpade83
12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I would love to go to work in my skirt suits, but if people think you're gay then you don't last long at work...

MarcieBflo
12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Well I climb radio towers at times, (when the real men can't do the job) and I'm sure the guy(s) on the ground would be taking those "upskirt" photos and posting them online . . . . lol, so I don't think so . . .

TNRobin
12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I'd have to say no for a couple of reasons. For one, the thrill of getting all dressed and made-up would be lost if I did it every day. Secondly, even though I'm retired from the army I'm now a part-time gunsmith and the work can get quite dirty. I just wouldn't enjoy either the work or the dressing up part when you put the two together, but seperately I enjoy them both very much.

bridget jones
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I could'nt....My dress would ride up I'd tear my hose and my heels would kill me.....I really need a desk job.....(:

Lainie
12-14-2009, 10:25 PM
guess that doesn't count, really. I don't think anyone noticed. Certainly no one mentioned it.

sandra-leigh
12-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I would love to go to work in my skirt suits, but if people think you're gay then you don't last long at work...

At my workplace, being gay is not issue of any substance. Certainly no one would say negative to your face about it. I can't say I've never heard jokes, but it isn't often (anti-whatever jokes are in theory not supposed to occur at all in our workplace, but it's been close to a decade since the last refresher seminar on that topic :( ) I've not heard of being gay being a problem in promotions. But it is possible that it might affect the extent of your social circles and thus affect your ability to find alliances and collaborations... Any substantial difference from the norm can lead to that result, though -- including, for example, the "difference" that one works through coffee breaks and lunches.

eluuzion
12-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Yes I definitely wood. Hold on a sec, let me just ask the manager/owner...

Ok, back already...I just remembered that I am self-employed...so I said "yes", but only when I am at home ("the office"). It is a no-no when I go see clients.

So, I guess my answer is...I do when I'm "inside", I do not when I'm "outside". (except I do on my sundeck, too, lol).

Frédérique
12-15-2009, 07:02 AM

Well, I can wear a skirt to work because I’m self-employed and work at home (as an artist). I can dress up anytime it’s practical to do so, but I avoid situations where my precious femme clothes might get dirty – I usually wear an apron to guard against such eventualities. Most of the time, though, I’m sitting at a table hunched over the etching or painting I’m working on – dressed, of course…:)

marisa
12-15-2009, 07:31 AM
if i thought i could get away with dressing at work, i'd likey do it. i work in construction so a pair of jeans and t-shirt would be the best way to go about it. but i really don't think a short skirt and a 8 or 10 ft step ladder would be a good combination. all though, if i think about, a pair of work boots and a mini skirt could look pretty good together. lmao. actually, as for the company i work for, there is one person that does know about my softer side. and i trust him not to say anything.

MaryAnn40c
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes in a heart beat....but my job is too messy to wear a skirt.

jenna_woods
12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
yes I would, but as I am retired now, I still would like a part time job that I could work as the gril I am,

Teri Jean
12-15-2009, 03:37 PM
For me it is every day and sometimes it is a challenge when you are doing the more physical work of building repair. Not the cleaning but as we say we make the mess and they clean it up. Not really as we clean up after ourselves. For me it is slacks or jeans, blouse or pull over top and of course the make up, wig, earrings, lip stick and nails done. Tennis shoes or flats/loafers. Yes I am transsexual female and it is 24-7.

Teri

andrea35
12-15-2009, 03:49 PM
yes, not only at work, my dream is to take a long drive along the coast of california with a friend and just be able not to feel ashame or afraid and just be a girl for a day.

anna kate
12-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Dress as a girl, without societys' "stigma"??? Faster than Superman, but not from a phone booth(do they still have them?) I need more room!

nikkijo
12-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Not on my shift! Being upside down under a bass boat console or butt in the air reaching in the bilge just doesn't come off too well in a skirt and heels!

hummm... which boats, dealer or manufacture... why do i have a feeling i know which one....you work at..

finally some one i can talk to... :)

and fyi its far more comfortable working on boats enfemme.. cooler and clothes are generally more fitting so less likely to snag rough finished areas...

sanchini1
12-15-2009, 04:18 PM
skirts and tight tops with sexy shoes and my hair up

StephSissy
12-15-2009, 09:16 PM
NO! But, my then neither of my current jobs allow me (or even a gg) to wear a dress or skirt to work! That said, if I had a job that would be of the nature to allow a dress/skirt to be worn, most definitely I'd love to do it! As a matter of fact, if i could wear a dress or skirt, pantyhose and 4 inch heels everyday, I'd be the happiest girl in the whole USA err, world!!

Alice B
12-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I work for myself and would love it if I could wear dressers, etc. whenever I wanted. But, in the current society I could never do it. They would first have to eliminate closets that many of us hide in.

t-girlxsophie
12-15-2009, 11:00 PM
I work nights in Supermarket,wouldnt mind doing a few shifts,on the tills,Little badge with Sophie on it,TG Shopgirl :heehee:

try something new
12-16-2009, 12:37 AM
I delivered newspapers to the machines, stores, and home deliveries in the early mornings. Many times have I used blouses, skirts, and heels. If the store was open, then I would put shorts over my skirt, a jacket over my blouse, and flip flops instead of my heels. Sometimes I would notice a bulge under my jacket because of my bra and falsies. Doing home deliveries was always dressed. Even when filling the street machines. Since it's still dark out, I didn't care. I used to deliver to the generals house and would walk about 30 yards of walkway fronting the house. Loved the sound of my heels on the pavement.

Danielle76
12-16-2009, 02:10 AM
I'd love to do it once in a while, but wouldn't want to do it all the time. In my job, I'm mobile and go to many locations. I don't work with co-workers on a day to day basis, only work by myself, though I'm in the public every day. I wish I was bold enough to do it once in a while, but definitely not something I'd want to do every day.

TrekGirl1701
12-19-2009, 01:33 AM
I work in a warehouse, so my work environment doesn't really cater to nice clothing. It's very casual. Most workers just wear jeans and an old shirt. So if I ever chose to dress at work I could probably get away with it as my clothes wouldn't change that much.

Daniela76
12-19-2009, 01:49 AM
I work at a pharmacy which is part of a large chain. I think I would be allowed to by corporate guidelines of diversity if I wanted to.
I've already worked out ways to wear women's loafers, pants & undergarments under my required shirt, tie & lab coat. Now I need to find women's blouses that I can wear with my ties.
I would love to CD fully but only if I could work really hard on passing. Knowing my coworkers I'd get made fun of more for not passing than looking good. The women would probably be impressed and jealous if I tried looking better than them.
Hee-hee!!

Aubrey Green
12-19-2009, 01:58 AM
actually, less than 5% of the people that do my job are female. Jeans and boots are the norm. I luv wearing my skinny jeans and UGGS (avatar), so do my work jeans and boots count? they have a heel!!

pamela_a
12-19-2009, 09:58 PM
If I could? I do. Last week I wore a dress on Monday and a skirt and blouse Tuesday and Friday. Wed and Thurs was dress pants (from Lane Bryant) and a blouse.

Of course it helps that I'm live as a woman 7/24 and last August I started working as Pamela.

windycissy
12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Although I don't have the balls to go into the office dressed, I've gone on assignments in the field dressed as a woman lots of times, it always gives me a kick to know that I'm being paid to dress as a woman!

marlene4
12-24-2009, 12:08 AM
No, not at work, or anywhere that someone I know would likely find me.

AmberLynn
12-24-2009, 01:01 AM
If i was a office gal or randy from say yes to the dress i would in a heart beat,though i have never gone out enfem short of halloween many years ago. Alas my skill lay in general home repair and matince as well as landscape. No dress cloths at work for me cause i wouldnt want to get them dirty :o

Rogina B
12-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Like Erickka and Nikkijo,I work on boats..from skiffs to ships..usually dirty and usually transphobically operated! However.when I am back at my home office making out "their bill",I am dressed as the businesswoman I can't be .. my way of getting even...in my mind at least!

markinhose
12-24-2009, 11:49 AM
if i could i would but unfortunately im restriced to what i can wear under my normal cloths. in the profession im in i am restricted to what i can wear and the real female has the same uniform.

markinhose
12-24-2009, 11:50 AM
if i could i would but unfortunately im restriced to what i can wear under my normal cloths - always wear panties and pantyhose.- in the profession im in i am restricted to what i can wear and the real female has the same uniform.

Deidra Cowen
12-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes it would be fun to be a chick at work, especially if I could be beautiful. I see beautiful women having an extra edge in many cirmcumstances. For example in Sales.

In these enlightened times many of the disadvantages of being female have dissappeared. With Womens Liberation ladies can be powerful, have great careers but still have the fun stuff like being pretty going on! For example Sarah Palin (beautiful lady) or ok if you are liberal then Nancy Pelosi (for a grandmother shes very attractive).

Emmalee_Summers
12-25-2009, 01:58 AM
I would love to be a girl and live as such. i have dreamed o it since i was like 10 years old

Elsa von Spielburg
12-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Meh, my CD-ing isn't something I see taking terribly far from the bedroom. There's very little appeal for it becoming 'day-to-day', like in the workplace, for me.

CamilleLeon
12-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Well I'm a student...however if it were consequance free (as in acceptance from other students and friends) I would definately go to class dressed up...probably not every day though

JasmineD
12-25-2009, 07:12 PM
If you can means that you can legally do it, I may not do it. But if it means that it is well accepted in society and there are no repurcussions and no eyebrows are raised, I will do it all the time.

Joy Carter
12-25-2009, 07:47 PM
I have done it girls, and it was great. Not a person said a word. And I had the complete run of the job area, where I worked. But in reality I work alone, and at all hours. My shift started at six PM that day, and being on a Sunday, and driving three hours to get to the customers addresses, made it that they were closed. See my trade is in commercial lighting and signs. I photograph the signs and lights that are out, then Email the customer to ask for the work. I was in and out of my truck taking pictures, and I acted like any female would. At two in the morning, some old guy in a car started following me, but I went on with my work, ignoring his watching me. Maybe he noticed I was a bit bigger that the girls he was used to following, because as I was out taking pictures he drove by me, but passed within twenty feet. But just looked and drove on. I didn't see him anymore that night. I hoped that cured him of his reckless behavior.

wish1were
12-25-2009, 09:41 PM
funny you should ask. I am looking for work and one of the issues is weather or not I can dress at work. giggle.
I would even take a loss in wage to work in fem. YEA. Rhonda