PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Shopping part 1 / part 2

minalost
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi Ladies,

I went on my first shopping trip in six years Saturday. I couldn’t go enfemme because I’m still in the process of recovering from my last purge :eek: (NEVER AGAIN!!!). I’m not sure that I would go while dressed. I’ve gone out before, but never to anyplace where I would actually have to interact with others: gone for drive, a walk in the park, although I did go through a drive-through once…

First, to get in the mood, I gave myself a nice manicure and reviewed my budget and my goals: $100.00 (sales contest winnings), one or more camisoles for under dressing, a sleeping garment of some sort – didn’t have anything specific in mind – a pair of ladies jeans and a top of some sort. If I have the money and time afterward I’m also going to look at pumps! Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to shop for a dress or skirt, but jeans are easier to sneak into the men’s dressing room and I do have long legs that look great in a tight pair of jeans (If I do say so myself…).

First stop K-Mart. Not my favorite store to shop at but it’s on the way to the mall. I’m nervous but determined. I scout the dressing room and the sign says check garments with the attendant. But, oh darn :devil: , no attendant.

I pick up a pair of men’s jeans for camouflage and then check out the ladies jeans. My biggest problem size-wise is length. I’m 6’ tall so short/petite is definitely out. I select some size 12s in average/regular size; drape them under the men’s jeans I’m already carrying so it looks like two pair of men’s jeans and head for the dressing room; still no attendant. I try them on: too short in the leg, too big in the butt :sad:. I don’t bother checking any more jeans, with no tall/long lengths they are just not going to fit.

Next I swing by the front and pick up one of those hand held baskets for small items and deposit my men’s jeans in them, again for camouflage, and check out the intimates. It takes a while but I track down a cute 2X black control top camisole:). It is totally sexy and the black lace trim is very nice. Then I stumble onto a clearance rack with a totally hot black satin and lace chemise. It’s only in a large, but I’m in love :love:(and its half price!).

I stash both of my finds under the jeans and head for the dressing room. Again no attendant, so I stroll on in. First the camisole: it’s perfect! A tight squeeze over the head, but it’s a control top to that’s expected. Once on it feels like heaven! Tight to the body so it’s perfect for under dressing, and it just looks good! Next the Chemise: it’s also tight, but has adjustable straps. Once adjusted it fits like it was sprayed on. I’m sure it would be too small with breast forms, but as I plan on using this for sleeping it shouldn’t be a problem.

After leaving the dressing room I decided I liked the camisole so much that I swung back by the rack and grabbed a nude color one in the same style and size.

After a quick check of the tops I decide they have nothing I want so I drop the men’s jeans back in the correct bin and head for the check out. I didn’t have long to wait - only third in line. The cashier didn’t even bat an eye; I think she was just totally focused on ringing me up and getting on to the next customer. One advantage of shopping during the Christmas season: everyone is too busy doing their own thing to worry about what everyone else is doing.

Next stop JC Penny’s!

minalost
12-14-2009, 04:01 PM
At JC Penny’s:

First I scout the dressing room. No attendant and no sign, so I shouldn’t need any camouflage. I check out the jeans and (Yaaa JCP! :D ) they have “longs.” They are also on sale (what isn’t this time of year?). I go with the basic blue-jean color and select a size 10 and an 8, both in longs. I stroll casually into the men’s dressing room with them over my arm just like any other man going to try on his jeans. The 10 is still too big in the butt, but the length is perfect, and on the 8’s I finally hit the jackpot:)! Just a little loose in the hips, but once I get some padded panties, they will be fine.

Only one more must have on my list: a top to go with the jeans. I tack down some cute tops I saw in the JCP catalog on-line: still cute, but they don’t have any thing close to my size :sad:. Next I check out the sweaters. I particularly like the tunic style sweaters, or even a sweater-dress, but nothing jumps out a grabs me. Then, like magic, I stumble into yet another great deal: turtle neck sweaters on sale for 60% off! I love one two-tone gray number but I’m a little worried about the sizes (women’s clothing never seams to have enough material!). They do have one XL to I snag it and head for the dressing room.

I don’t even bother to hide the sweater under the jeans. No one is paying any attention: I’m just another shopper during the Christmas rush. I step into the jeans again, and slip the sweater on. It’s perfect :)! The sleeves are long enough (one of my biggest problems) and it’s long enough in the body that I could tuck it into my jeans (if I wanted too – usually not, this is not a good look for me enfemme, accents my lack of hip/waist curves).

Totally happy with my selections I head for the check out. Longer line this time, but I really don’t care. One man, sitting on a display stand obviously waiting for his wife, and looking totally exhausted, gives me a male-comradely look so I feel like I have to say, “You look like I feel…” He responds by saying, “We’ve been at this since 6 a.m. this morning.” It’s now about 2 p.m. in the afternoon. I give him the appropriate “man I feel for you” look. The only thing I’m actually feeling is giddy:devil:! The lady at the check only asked one question: “Do you want a gift receipt?” “Yes please,” I replied.

Well, at this point I’ve spent most of my $100.00 (I did pick up a few small items not detailed above) and decided to head home with my prizes. I’m totally happy with what I’ve bought but decide to try them all on one more time: besides, it’s just plain FUN! Everything still fits and looks as good as it did in the stores, but when I get to the nude color camisole I’m horrified to see a red stain of some sort in the front :eek:! I should know better by now! Even if you’ve tried on the other color, always inspect the product for flaws before you buy it! Turns out not to be a big deal: returned it to K-Mart the next day for a full refund. The SA even joked with me about how many husbands do their wife’s returns :D.

Lessons learned (or relearned):

Nobody cares what you’re doing! Even if they notice they will, nine times out of ten, assume that there is a logical explanation (doing wife’s returns, Christmas shopping…).

If you look confident people will not question your activities.

Always, always, always, check you purchases for flaws before you buy them: it will save you a trip back!

Thanks to all those who actually make it through both posts!

Hugs!

Kathi Lake
12-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Mina, wonderful advice!! Oh so true, that if you look like you know what you're doing, that no one will question you. Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip! Lord knows that I enjoy them in the rare times that I go out. ;)

Kathi

minalost
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I have so much fun reading your shoping posts that I wanted to return the favor!

sherri52
12-14-2009, 05:17 PM
I never have anyone question me when I shop either in drab or enfemme. I shop like I know what I'm doing and no one even thinks twice.

theresa
12-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Mina,

You sound like you had a great time and a very successful shop. You've got me motivated to get out and do a shopping trip of my own.