PDA

View Full Version : Are supportive SO's more feminine

Barb123
12-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I have been very fortunate to have been treated very well when I am out, whether shopping for women’s clothes and getting makeup done at a salon. In general, I have found the younger gals are a bit more supportive than older sales associates. Is that your experience?

What is your experience with the women in more serious relationships? Do you find these supportive women tend to enjoy dressing up themselves or do they prefer to dress more casually and less feminine.
Barb123

Sherry-Stephanie
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes and yes...

Prissy Linda
12-14-2009, 05:25 PM
I would have to say that feminine women are much more accepting and supportive, of course there are exeptions. At a young age I mostly played with girls in the neighborhood, the more feminine ones liked to play house, and dress up and included me into their play. They accepted me as one of the girls. Later into my teens the girls that were more into wearing dresses and makeup seemed to be more accepting when I mentioned that I liked something that was feminine where as most guys my age would never notice or admit to being interested in those things. When I started dating my wife I told her that I liked feminine things, I remember her telling me "why should girls be the only ones who can dress pretty"

My wife now works as a beautician, her clients are mostly woman who are professionals or who are just more concerned about their appearance than the "average woman". My wife's work associates are feminine in appearance and the way they act. I know these woman quite well since most have been there awhile so i'm sure they have picked up on my feminine side, although my wife has always accepted and supported my girly side she doesn't want family or friends to know that side of me even if at times I don't hide it very well. On occasions men have called to have their hair cut in a womans fashion, or requested facials or beauty products and advice and have bought wigs. Neither my wife or her co-workers are bothered at all, it's a business.

Now this is just my opinion, It seems to me that if a man who is interested in CDing would prefer a woman who is more feminine, I would think she might at least understand a bit more. Of course not all feminine woman would be interested in a man who dresses like a woman but the odds might increase just a bit. IMHO

Janine cd
12-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I agree that women who display more feminine characteristics are more supportive and caring for CDs.

Brooke Ashley
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I think i would agree in most cases, but my most supporting GG friend is actually more like a boy haha. She loves video games and comics and things of that sort. Usually she's just one of the guys. But other than her yeah i would agree.

Kate Simmons
12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm not quite so sure such things can be equated with one another. People who are understanding generally are understanding because it's in their nature, apparent femininity or not notwithstanding.:)

theresa
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I can only comment on my own experience. My wife prefers casual clothes but does enjoy getting dressed up, probably along the line of the majority of GG. I think that it is possible for feminine women to prefer casual clothing as well.

It'll be interesting to see what type of responses you get since I suspect there may be no relationship between a woman's feminity and her acceptance of her partner's CD'g. I think the acceptance may be a result of other factors such as personality, self-confidence and the nature of the relationship.

Alicia_lynn419
12-14-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't know if I've seen that correlation. I have some GG friends who are very girly, but most are not ultra fem, but not "Tom Boys" either. I tend to agree, it's a case by case scenario. Being caring and accepting does not mean being more fem than other girls. That quality starts from the inside.

Avana
12-14-2009, 10:55 PM
In my experience - definitely. My SO is a fashion designer and absolutely loves sharing clothes with me and giving me tips on makeup, etc. Also, she is bisexual and prefers women... so go figure! She says she knew there was a reason she was attracted to me before she knew I dressed :p

Samantha Girl
12-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't think you can make that broad generalization... or make a generalization about broads :heehee:

My girl is not the most feminine woman honestly, she's more of the strong, tough type :) And she's very accepting. Also my one friend's wife isn't very feminine and she is very accepting as well. I don't think there's a correlation of acceptance to femininity ;)

Blaire
12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Probably not a direct correlation, but it's probably safe to say it helps.

CD's tend to drift towards to more traditional definition of feminine, which may come across as threatening to a not-so-feminine woman - in the "taking my place" or "I wish you were like this" way. A woman that's herself uber-feminine may feel that to be less of a threat, which therefore allows her to be more accepting.

Barb123
12-15-2009, 12:17 AM
One thing that I have observed is that those more feminie women who obviuosly have put great thought in their preparations and care in the putting it all together will appreciate the even greater effort of a CD to go the extra mile to look her best.
That is want most GG look for , someone doing thier best.
Barb234

Leslie Langford
12-15-2009, 02:12 AM
One thing that I have observed is that those more feminie women who obviuosly have put great thought in their preparations and care in the putting it all together will appreciate the even greater effort of a CD to go the extra mile to look her best.
That is want most GG look for , someone doing thier best.
Barb234

...as long as you don't appear to be trying to outdo them. That's when the "green eyed monster" usually starts to rear his ugly head and the goodwill previously encountered flies out the window.

KarenHiller
12-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Mine's about average, I'd say, altho I do tend to wear skirts and dresses more than she does. Sadly, she's like most women now, preferring pants.

JenniferR771
12-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Well I met a lesbian FtoM in a transgender support group. At one time she gave me a big hug--"Thats what real boobs feel like--I wish I could give these to you!" I didn't know what to say except, "Me too!"

SuzanneBender
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Barb234

I think you are right. It is simply a matter of similar interests. Women that have an interest in fashion and dare I say, vanity, understand our desire to make our outward expression as feminine as possible. On the other hand, many women like this are very high maintenance and would not accept us competing or distracting there efforts to be the princess in the room.

I am married to a natural beauty who is very low maintenance and she just doesn't get my quest for vanity. She looks at heels and a pain to walk in. I look at them as a beautiful expression. She likes minimal makeup. I enjoy dramatic evening looks. She accepts my infatuation with fashion, but I can't say that we have not had our tiffs when our tastes collide. She understands that I have a love for all things femme, but she continually reminds me that if I ever take this full time I will see how much a pain in the rear it is.
No way baby! Some of us were born to be high maintenance.

Lorileah
12-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Let me check my files.

Three women who accept Lori.

Number one. Super fashionable, always wears heels, always wears make up. That would be a "yes"_

Second woman. Minimal make up, just foundation and mascara except when going to someplace fancy. Hated lipstick and perfume. Cotton or nylon underwear, gave up pantyhose years ago so if the skirt does not cover knee hi's no hosiery. Prefers slacks and loves denim shirts. No heels over 2" Guess I have to change my answer to sorta.

Three: short hair, often a "high and Tight", always wears hip hop basketball outfits, men's boxers and high tops tennis shoes. Wears eye make up. Is a "tom boy"
Geeze. what was the question again?

Barb123
12-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I Suppose that I thought women could be segmented into two basic groups:

women who love to dress as a woman and

the other do whatever is most practical.
I thought women who dressed to impress would see the fun and excitement of a male both interested and appreciating what they do and go through and have things and experiences in common.
The other group might be seeing a well dressed CD as strange and not understanding why are we trying to be more feminine and maybe trying to out do them (that sounds dumb) or competing.
I know that our activity is not all just an outward expression of self or an inner personality. But figuring out what other women are thinking when they see or identify us is a fascinating. I am also trying to figure out why some women find our activity so angering and iritating.

You always seem to have a clear response and insight. I look forward to hearing and appreciate what you have to say. Thanks Barb123