PDA

View Full Version : Domino Effect of Coming Out

aggi123
12-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Did anyone ever feel this before? I've told three of the closest people to me now about my secret. Two of them were in the past three-four days, I can't even remember. Now all I can think about is telling my next friend and how I want to do it! I think i'm gonna hold back some, but I feel like I might be ready to come out. I can barely contain myself!

sherri52
12-14-2009, 10:32 PM
If the time feels right to you then it is time. Good luck

Picklebob
12-14-2009, 10:44 PM
I definitely think that it gets easier each time that you come out to someone. I also find that I think about telling more people the more I tell people. Now how's that for a sentence!

Kathi Lake
12-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Gee, as a matter of fact, I have felt that way. :) Here is my story (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110609).

Kathi

aggi123
12-14-2009, 11:03 PM
heyyy nice thread title, kathi! =P

Brooke Ashley
12-14-2009, 11:03 PM
I definitely feel that way. I get urges to just tell my friends and now i just want to tell more and more. So i feel ya.

AllieSF
12-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Not only do you feel like telling more people, just think of those that you have told already. I bet that they are dying to tell their other friends too. They might even beat you to the punch. Maybe you can run one of Karren's empirical tests and just wait awhile not telling anyone else and see if someone comes back to you to confirm this crazy runor that they heard! Congrats on opening up that heavy door.

aggi123
12-14-2009, 11:23 PM
well the last two people I told are good friends. I told them both so they could have someone to talk to and say, "wow! I can't believe that's he's a crossdresser!"

Kerigirl2009
12-14-2009, 11:30 PM
I like that- Tell 2 people so they have someone to talk with (Crossdressing secrets are hard to keep)
Now I just have to find 1 more person that I trust and my wife likes enough to discuss some of the issues about crossdressing so she can relax her mind.

Samantha Kelsey
12-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Hi and congratulations.

I know exactly how you're feeling. Yes, I felt just the same and still do enjoy telling people. I don't tell everyone, only those who I feel comfortable with and feel they can take it. I also told/tell them that I don't mind if they tell others. After all when you've told one person your secret is out and whizzing around the whole world anyway.

It's now about six years since I first told my pal only to find that he knew anyway from my then wife. Now the whole village knows but no one has ever approached me about it. Those who I have personally told are always asking me questions about the subject. I love answering them.
Samantha.

Phyliss
12-15-2009, 04:26 AM
... run one of Karren's empirical tests and just wait awhile not telling anyone else and see if someone comes back to you...

It does happen. Told my 39 yr old niece, who used to be my favorite, (Note to self, methods of communication, telephone, telegraph, television, tell a niece.)

... when you've told one person your secret is out and whizzing around the whole world anyway.
Samantha.

It doesn't take long for the information to spread. Telling your "secret" (whatever it is) to one person makes it a NON secret, and it soon becomes public knowlege

trisha254
12-15-2009, 04:38 AM
That is a great point I have also started to open up to a few people and by during so I feel just wonderful in a nice way, because one thing I did not to do was hurt anyone ,But also I had to be open to myself ,you girls known this for yourself,

Love Trish

MissKara
12-15-2009, 05:47 AM
I have been the same recently. I have been opening up to a few friends and I feel I want to come out to the world... too bad I dont have the guts to do it atm :(

Lots of love,
Miss Kara

linnea
12-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Since I told my grown children and their spouses, it has gotten easier to think about telling others. And after having kept it a complete secret for forty years, it is a relief to know that others know and accept and support what I'm doing.

Kate Simmons
12-15-2009, 08:05 AM
It's not called the domino effect for nothing. You told three friends and they told three friends and so on and so on.......... Gossip like this is rarely contained for long.:)

Brandi Wyne
12-15-2009, 10:03 AM
For me it's quite a delima as I guess I'm still a bit hung up on acceptance and some fear of rejection. I do feel that it's becoming more obvious to most folks, even my denying and disapproving wife. I did tell one of my daughers and she has told a couple of her friends so I'm sure it's going to travel at the speed of sound.

I feel a lot of conflict so maybe something like this would be good in a way. I'm more reserved about those I work with or customers, etc. I'm not sure how the corp. folks would handle some news, even gossip, about such a thing.

Good luck and I hope you feel happy.

XXs

TabbyJames
12-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I know the feeling but must be careful who I tell. My beloved wife wants this to remain a secret and I think she has more issues with others knowing than I do

theresa
12-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I congratulate you and am envious. I would like to share "the real me" with others in family and close friends. My wife is the only one who shares this with me at this time. I don't like keeping secrets like this. Well maybe someday, who knows?

aggi123
12-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I congratulate you and am envious. I would like to share "the real me" with others in family and close friends. My wife is the only one who shares this with me at this time. I don't like keeping secrets like this. Well maybe someday, who knows?

I'm envious of you and your wife. My girlfriend would break up with me if she found out.

Ineta
12-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Are you also going to show them?

Fab Karen
12-15-2009, 06:00 PM
It doesn't take long for the information to spread. Telling your "secret" (whatever it is) to one person makes it a NON secret, and it soon becomes public knowlege
well, depends on where you live, and who you tell. In the big city, you could wait DECADES waiting for it to become public knowledge.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Once I started telling a few close friends I found that I needed to tell more, eventually my goal before coming out officially at work was to talk with about 1-2 people a day for the month before my announcement by HR. Even though I'm official now at work I still choose people to talk with personally when I can. Most people appreciate the personal approach and being so very comfortable with myself now, it is easy to talk with people and with that confidence that I project, everyone is okay with me.. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Christina Horton
01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Well I have told everybody I care about and I now have no one to tell anymore. :( Oh well. I guess I have to make some more friends in drab and after a year or to come out to them just for the fun of it lol.

Paige Valtieri
01-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Did anyone ever feel this before? I've told three of the closest people to me now about my secret. Two of them were in the past three-four days, I can't even remember. Now all I can think about is telling my next friend and how I want to do it! I think i'm gonna hold back some, but I feel like I might be ready to come out. I can barely contain myself!

I know exactly how you feel, I have a lot of friends that I would like to tell, but I'm holding back because I either don't trust them to keep the secret or I don't know how they'd react... and this is the case for all of them except for one, I know exactly how he would react, but I don't know if he could look at me the same after...

jenna_woods
01-01-2010, 10:23 PM
good for you for comeing out, I have only told other girls like me not any really close friends , maybe some day