PDA

View Full Version : Are there any CD friendly shops in Barnsley

Jayne
07-31-2005, 06:18 AM
Hi

I was wondering if any one knows of any cd friendly shops in the Barnsley area.
If so can you give details.
I would love to be able to go in and try things on, lingery, dresses, silky tops wigs shoes etc. and leave with the items instead of buying to take home and try on before having to either return them if wrong or if I can't pluck up the courage drop them in the bin. :rolleyes:

Natalie x
07-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Hi Jayne

I guess there aren't too many gurls here who live near enough to Barnsley to help.

I've started to build up the courage to shop in my local town of Lowestoft, and have not yet encountered any anti-cd vibes. In theory, there must be ten percent of male staff in shops who have some sympathy with us.

Anyway, good luck looking and if you do find one/some, will you let us know?

Rachel_740
07-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi

I was wondering if any one knows of any cd friendly shops in the Barnsley area.
If so can you give details.
I would love to be able to go in and try things on, lingery, dresses, silky tops wigs shoes etc. and leave with the items instead of buying to take home and try on before having to either return them if wrong or if I can't pluck up the courage drop them in the bin. :rolleyes:

Jayne,

I'd imagine I'm a long way down the road from where you are (do you get out and about dressed at all?), but I have been going out dressed for well over a year now (living 24/7 nearly 7 months), but not that long after I started going out dressed I also started shopping. It seems that most stores will let you try on as long as you are dressed. I never asked to try things on when I was in drabs. If nowhere else, Debenhams have a policy of allowing you to try on as long as you are dressed.

Anne

Angela Burke
07-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi Jayne,

If you're uneasy about buying clothes in your home-town have a day out shopping somewhere else.

Remember this

This is extremely important (dah dah!)

Sales assistants work on a commission basis

The more they sell the more they earn

Salesgirls really couldn't care less who you are buying for.

Know your sizes beforehand

Good luck girl (happy shopping!)

Angela XX