PDA

View Full Version : first rude comment from stranger.

Sara82
12-15-2009, 10:13 PM
So I was standing in line at subway today at work, and these two women were being loud and obnoxious. Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I didn't say anything or look at her, but it really bothered me. Then as i was walking back to my office, I see the two ladies standing near the elevator, and she says it again!.

People are so ignorant...

Alice Torn
12-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I applaud you for being cool headed, and not firing back at them! Reminds me of my first time out in daylight, walking sidewalks of a town far from where i stay. I heard teenage girl shouting, in horror, OMG, OMG! I turned, and walked behind a building, between them, and me.

tinalynn
12-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry you had to hear that. Usually, people comment out loud because they are insecure with themselves and feel threatened in some way. Ignore her, she's not worth the worry.

Teenage girls are the worst - they can spot us before they even blink! Two nights ago in a Walgreens I was marked by one, but she didn't say anything. Just followed the aisle I was in from the other side of it to look again.

KarenHiller
12-15-2009, 10:40 PM
So I was standing in line at subway today at work, and these two women were being loud and obnoxious. Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I didn't say anything or look at her, but it really bothered me. Then as i was walking back to my office, I see the two ladies standing near the elevator, and she says it again!.

Those aren't ladies, they're b*tches. Consider the source and ignore them.

Karen

t-girlxsophie
12-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Ignore the ignorance of others hunny,as far as im concerned,they have the problem,even though i know it can hurt and can rock you back on your heels.It used to annoy me,but now i just hold my head up high and walk on.leaving their ignorance behind
Having said that.i haven't always practised what i preach.I Recall one time after a great night out in Edinburgh :sf: me,and some of my friends,t-girls and GGs,Came out of a club.Holding my wifes hand,a girl waiting for a taxi,announced in a very loud,harsh voice,that "it was the most disgusting,thing she had ever seen" Well,ladies i tried to keep my demeanour,but may hackles were raised,i turned to her and said "Well Dear,you obviously haven't looked in the mirror recently" am not proud of it (well maybe a little),but I thought that in that instance,turning the situation round against her was the best way.
Sorry for long winded post,hope your TG life will hold much more positives than negatives :thumbsup:

donnatracey
12-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Ignore the ignorance of others hunny,as far as im concerned,they have the problem,even though i know it can hurt and can rock you back on your heels.It used to annoy me,but now i just hold my head up high and walk on.leaving their ignorance behind
Having said that.i haven't always practised what i preach.I Recall one time after a great night out in Edinburgh :sf: me,and some of my friends,t-girls and GGs,Came out of a club.Holding my wifes hand,a girl waiting for a taxi,announced in a very loud,harsh voice,that "it was the most disgusting,thing she had ever seen" Well,ladies i tried to keep my demeanour,but may hackles were raised,i turned to her and said "Well Dear,you obviously haven't looked in the mirror recently" am not proud of it (well maybe a little),but I thought that in that instance,turning the situation round against her was the best way.
Sorry for long winded post,hope your TG life will hold much more positives than negatives :thumbsup:

Nice comeback, sophie...she deserved it......:devil:

t-girlxsophie
12-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Nice comeback, sophie...she deserved it......:devil:

Well,you know what they say,A Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do :D

Xenia
12-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Well, you only had to deal with her for a few moments.....she, on the other hand, has to deal with being a stupid bizznatch every day. :)

And, come on, "dingy"? How old is she, five?

linnea
12-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry you had to hear that. Usually, people comment out loud because they are insecure with themselves and feel threatened in some way. Ignore her, she's not worth the worry.

This is true. I think that you handled it well, though.

vivianann
12-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I would have turned to her and said, you jealous you dont have a dingy?

Alice B
12-15-2009, 11:25 PM
You could always say "up yours", but then again she may want to take you up on it. Just ignore it. She is most likely jealous because you look better.

Sally2005
12-15-2009, 11:52 PM
reply... ah, but my husband has a yacht!

Lorileah
12-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I would have said "You will never get one, no one would ever want to **** you with that attitude" I might have added a few remarks about her face too but that is just me.

If she was more sophisticated when she said "dingy" I might have countered with "Actually it is a 160 foot yacht." but that would have went right over her head

SuzanneBender
12-16-2009, 12:14 AM
You handled it right darling. It is such a shame that stupid people like this beeotch and her friend are allowed to bred.

Young girls can read us in a blink, but I find most of the time they are pretty tolerant.

Elizabeth Ann
12-16-2009, 12:46 AM
I like to think I would have turned, smiled at them and said, "yes, but at least I am a lady."

Liz

Sara82
12-16-2009, 01:09 AM
yeah thing is, they weren't even young girls, these were grown women.

docrobbysherry
12-16-2009, 01:13 AM
I would go out dressed and respond to criticism with witicism! Like many of the girls above have suggested!:D

But, I'm NOT! So, I stay at home when I dress!:sad:

The more to appreciate u girls that actually go out on the FRONT LINES!
Like U, Julia! I think you're VERY BRAVE!:thumbsup:

TabbyJames
12-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Ahh, the complete ignorance of others, scared, unknowledgable, rude, condesending, stereotypical, unemotionable, and worst of all just plain rude.

I would assume that they were together because they had no-one else to be with (ie... BF, GF, or even ..... CD friend) Too bad for them, in the end, they loose.

Mandy Burgundy
12-16-2009, 01:26 AM
"I bet she had a d*ck cause she was acting like one". :Angry3: Ahem, anyways.....best thing to do enfemme is avoid confrontation. Thats my philosophy. I always have thoughts of things getting ugly, ya know, like wigs flying off, and breast forms getting pulled out. So I tend to ignore douches........

Nicole Erin
12-16-2009, 02:58 AM
I have had plenty of dumb stares or rude comments, my typical response is "aww F*** you!" Someone trying to call me on something, I am not going to just ignore it.

You notice though that very seldom does anyone say anything if they are alone.

MissKara
12-16-2009, 03:02 AM
I have to congratulate you on your resitance to commenting to them. If that was me, I would have turned around and had a go at them (Currently I have a huge chip on my shoulder about CD's in the community and how we are treated by general populis).

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Hope
12-16-2009, 03:28 AM
yeah thing is, they weren't even young girls, these were grown women.

Just because they are old, does not make them mature. A lot of people never get past high school.

ReineD
12-16-2009, 03:32 AM
I would have said something to them, like "Yes, I am transgendered. There are quite a few of us. Is there any question I can answer for you? Anything you'd like to know?"

I would have said this with kindness, my head held high and a smile on my lips. You'd be surprised how much kindness can disarm people. And before you know it, you've dispelled their misconceptions about you, and possibly made knew friends.

This scenario might be idealistic, but on the other hand, it might have gotten positive results. It is difficult to be acerbic to someone who is being friendly.
:hugs:

erickka
12-16-2009, 07:05 AM
I would have said something to them, like "Yes, I am transgendered. There are quite a few of us. Is there any question I can answer for you? Anything you'd like to know?"

I would have said this with kindness, my head held high and a smile on my lips. You'd be surprised how much kindness can disarm people. And before you know it, you've dispelled their misconceptions about you, and possibly made knew friends.

This scenario might be idealistic, but on the other hand, it might have gotten positive results. It is difficult to be acerbic to someone who is being friendly.

I agree here. Ignorance is all around us, and if handled with kid gloves, it can be chipped away with positive results. I still think it depends on your location, the degree of success that will be obtained.

Fab Karen
12-16-2009, 07:15 AM

Unlikely to get that result. People who say rude things to strangers like that have no compassion ( actually they have self-loathing ) - it's safer to ignore morons.

skirtsuit
12-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Personally, I wouldn't bother saying anything.

What I would do is stand proudly, smile and stare at them so that they know you're listening. This is especially fun when you see one person nudge another and wisper because you know that the other person will turn to look - they usually get embarrased and turn away quickly. It's a little game, a way of telling people you know they know and you don't care.

One thing to remember is that the woman, however rude it might be to say it out loud, was telling the truth!

All the Best,

Ann / SS, a proud 'man in a dress'

Larissa Philips
12-16-2009, 07:35 AM
I'd like to add to this thread, but from the other side...

I was 15 and had been at my first job as a bag-boy with the local supermarket for 2 weeks. I was fresh out of my 2nd purge at this time as well. So I'm standing at the front of the store by myself as it was slow for me and I see this woman walk up to a register. But then things start ticking, and I realized she was actually a he! It didn't take long though for this realization as she was far from passable, but since I had been living in my own Larissa-esque world up to this point with absolutely no knowledge of cd's/tv's/ts's I did what was in my blood - I stared. I wasn't open mouth gawking, but I just watched. None of the other people said or reacted differently, but I just stared. At some point she noticed and as she was tucking her hair behind her hair she gave me the finger.

I had a total "wtf? She flipped me off" moment and I've kept that in my head since.

Sandra
12-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Ignoring them was a good thing, also when things like this happen try to smile back at them as it throws them off balance as they really don't know what to ay next. If people see that it bothers you then they will do it more, but if they that your don't care, then most times, not always, they shut up.

melissacd
12-16-2009, 07:56 AM
I agree with the humour and kindness approach. The of the matter truth is that you do have a dingy, why deny it. Be proud of who you are and the courage that it takes to be yourself out in public.

Never defend or deny, go with the flow, disarm with humour and kindness, perhaps you will educate a few people along the way.

DiannaRose
12-16-2009, 07:56 AM

Tina says what I was going to. I think people are more obnoxious and rude when they're not so settled in their own heads as they'd like to think. Did her companion say anything? Did anyone around say anything? Clearly this woman had some issues with herself that she can't reconcile in her own head. She's the broken one here. :)

That's not to say we won't run into people like that in the world. Like Tina says, we need to do our best to just ignore them (and hope they go away) :)

Diane Elizabeth
12-16-2009, 09:16 AM
how about a reply of "Real humans would keep their opinions to themselves" or maybe insert something else for "humans" .

Sara82
12-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I agree with the humour and kindness approach. The of the matter truth is that you do have a dingy, why deny it. Be proud of who you are and the courage that it takes to be yourself out in public.

Never defend or deny, go with the flow, disarm with humour and kindness, perhaps you will educate a few people along the way.

I'm not denying what I have in my pants, I think its just rude that anyone would point out something like that in public, whether a person appears to be different or not.

sherri
12-16-2009, 02:17 PM
You'd be surprised how much kindness can disarm people. And before you know it, you've dispelled their misconceptions about you, and possibly made knew friends.

:hugs:Absolutely right. Sure it might be a long shot, but it's sorta like being in sales, working the percentages. Sooner or later you're gonna connect with someone, and all the misses have cost you is foregoing the rather hollow gratification of tit for tat, plus you never know what the long-term benefit of diplomacy might be. In my own experiences I may not have ever turned the other cheek to open hostility, but responding with patience and graciousness to negativity and snarkiness has paid off many times.

Plus, the snappy comebacks never occur to me 'til later. :D

Kaitlyn Michele
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I have noticed that in cases where folks read us or its obvious we're trans that we are immediately dehumanized... much worse that other groups...i have been touched more than once and asked, are those real? or touched and told, i can't beleive you're a guy!..

has this happened to you ?

maggiecdva
12-16-2009, 04:36 PM
I've never experienced a rude comment but once when I was out in drab at a Kohl's department store I was walking through the mens clothing section when I over heard 2 women commenting on a man's shirt.

One woman said they are bluring the lines again while looking a the shirt. Since this Kohl's was outside of my immediate area I decided to have some fun. I walked over and said isn't it great .... I now feel comfortable weaing women's clothing ... I proceeded to show them the womens blouse I had in my cart.

They sort of looked at me and I think were speachless. I would have loved to over hear their further comments but I decided I probably caused enough problems for 1 day.

Hugs - Maggie

Jason+
12-16-2009, 04:50 PM
You've all noticed there is no shortage of ignorant people in the world, and that's a lesson I learned long before I left grade school or had the slightest interest in so much as a pair of panties.

I favor the Phineas and Ferb approach to having a dingy. With a completely straight face and direct eye contact: "why yes, yes I do."

One of the rare times I've been out of the house in more than nail polish was in Vegas. I chose a t-shirt and denim skirt with some black wedge sandals. One woman shouted out nice skirt in a sarcastic tone. I figured the best response was Thanks and to keep on walking.

sometimes_miss
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
"I bet she had a d*ck cause she was acting like one". :Angry3: Ahem, anyways.....best thing to do enfemme is avoid confrontation. Thats my philosophy. I always have thoughts of things getting ugly, ya know, like wigs flying off, and breast forms getting pulled out. So I tend to ignore douches........

I'd have to second that thought. I grew up with an ugly birthmark on my face, and had to listen to all kinds of remarks from other children as well as adults. After a few fights, and losing, I learned that it simply isn't worth it, because they won't change what they think, no matter what you say to them; in fact, to the contrary, any confrontation will just make them dislike you (and other crossdressers) more. Better to just leave it be. My consolation is similar to the old drunk/ugly remark. Yes, right now I'm dressed unusually for my gender, but the other person is an asshole. Tomorrow, I can be my 'normal' self to the rest of the entire world, but 'they' will still be an asshole.

Nigella23
12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. I would agree with Karen, it's actually safer just to walk on and pretend you heard nothing.
To add a little perspective, there has been many times I have been openly insulted by complete strangers in public without provacation simply because of how I look. Sadly, this has happened whilst not dressed enfemme, or for any particular reason apart from they think I'm ugly. I don't look like John Merrick, don't have any disfigurement or disability, I'm happily married, and before settling down dated lots of girls, so when it happens it does come as a bit of a shock, I always put it down to peoples ignorance and lack of manners. Sometimes people are just plain rude, and really not worth your time and thoughts. You look beautiful to me, don't let them get to you.

Kate17
12-16-2009, 06:39 PM
OK girls, sure you should be non confrontational but every now and then it is fun to turn the tables. Like when a female yelled OMG its a man ! Response: while smiling, Gee, I thought you were too!!

jenna_woods
12-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I am sorry that has happened to you, we try and say thse things don't bother us but they do, yes people can be so rude,

Jezebella
12-16-2009, 07:32 PM
"It's not a dinghy, it's a battleship."

The trouble with life is that the snappy comebacks usually don't come to us until later, unlike in the sitcoms where they've been prepared ahead of time.

I agree that ignoring rude people is probably the better way to go. Most of the time the lack of a response annoys them more than any possible reaction.

It's sad, though, that grown people behave like this. For years I'd thought once I made it out of high school that such behavior would become a thing of the past. It's been disappointing to discover a fair number of adults still have childish mentalities.

sherri52
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
She probably overheard you ordering. Some of us give it away when we talk (me). If you don't have a femme voice then she overheard you.

theresa
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I suppose we all have that day coming when some freakin' idiot will make some wisecrack like that. I hope this was the one and only day this happens to you.

courtney briana
12-17-2009, 01:45 AM
congrats on being the bigger lady, its hard to get into a fight and harder to walk away without getting into one

some people are childish, immature, non-accepting, and will never GROW UP

KarenHiller
12-17-2009, 09:42 AM
I have noticed that in cases where folks read us or its obvious we're trans that we are immediately dehumanized... much worse that other groups...i have been touched more than once and asked, are those real? or touched and told, i can't beleive you're a guy!..

has this happened to you ?

I know what you mean about being groped. A woman friend saw me dressed at a party, and smiled and squeezed my breasts, which were only partly false, and said, "Nice boobs."

I returned the favor and groped hers, saying, "Thanks, I like yours too." She seemed shocked but didn't complain, and I didn't either.

Karen

Brooke Smith
12-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Remember,when you wrestle with pigs,all you get is dirty and the pig likes it.

Jennifer Marie P.
12-17-2009, 10:17 AM
You did the right thing just avoided it and theres one in every crowd.

Ineta
12-17-2009, 10:26 AM
At least she used the right pronoun.

melissacd
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm not denying what I have in my pants, I think its just rude that anyone would point out something like that in public, whether a person appears to be different or not.

Fair enough Julia, point taken. My apologies if any offense taken because none was intended.

kellyanne
12-17-2009, 03:07 PM

I have never met a GG that fully accepts a CD .

Selfishness is the enemy of tolerance - we should accept a man or a woman as who they wish to be.

Why is it my loss because you desire your lawful freedom ?

It is not - everyone has the right to be who they are.

They used to call it Liberty.

CuteKaraCD
12-17-2009, 06:54 PM

People are ignorant , and you did a great job of ignoring them. I personally believe i would have just turned and insulted them with something like, "I may have what'd you say? a 'dingy'? but at least i make a prettier girl!"

Tina P Hose
12-17-2009, 08:40 PM
IF, I were a pretty girl. Perhaps, someday, I will be pretty. I may say something like..."Yes, I have a dingy, and I am prettier than you"....all the stuff that I would say...I could write a book.:love:

dawnmarrie1961
12-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Julia

Insensitive people often speak before thinking about how they will make another person feel… this is often because they insecure about themselves and receive a momentary respite from these emotions by trying to make someone else feel worse. She didn’t get the desired response from you during your first encounter or the second attempt at deformation so she probably moved on to easier targets such as cripples or lepers.
Kudos to you, for retaining your composure like a lady! Well played, young lady!!!

Be safe. Be smart. (You already are.)
Dawn Marrie

Megan Legz
12-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Julia,
I would bet my lingerie collection that you looked much more like a woman than either of them. In fact, judging from your profile picture, I bet they wished they looked as gorgeous as you do! Jealousy can be ugly.
Megan

Jodi M
12-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Brooke Smith , you are exactly right. Those who belittle others only do so in a feeble attempt to boost their own low self esteem.

Aeval
12-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Looks like you did the right thing though by ignoring them.

Besides, it would be too easy to have a battle of wits with someone who says words like "dingy" or "hoo-hoo". Heh.

She probably ate paint chips as a child...

Senneca
12-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Luckily, I haven't had this happen, but I would like to think I would respond with something like, "That reminds me of something Mark Twain said, 'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt." :battingeyelashes:

kayfan
12-18-2009, 05:23 PM
go you Julia.... you look fantastic and sure the comments don't bother you..we love to be who we are and bother no one...i went out last week and got whistled at.was dark..didn't have the heart to tell them..lol

Teri Jean
12-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Julia there is going to be those who are so rude. I was told the other day that I was not dressed appropriately for work. I was wearing jeans and sweatshirt as we where removing the remains of the last snow storm. I did the same and walked away but then asked my manager if there was a problem and if I was dressed inappropriately maybe I should go home and put on the skirt and blouse. He said I was fine and he would take care of the problem "child". You did the right thing in walking away.

Teri

lingerieLiz
12-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Sarcasm can be fun, but you can't win. People who make such comments won't listen and if you do upset them they may become irrational and physical. I listened to a tirade this week about gays. I wasn't the object of it, but didn't matter what I tried to explain about it to him his ignorance shined through. This is very typical of the type.

shayleetv
12-21-2009, 08:59 PM
The most ignorant people are people with no sense of who they are, classless. I don't go out enfemme but have seen and heard those kind of remarks a plenty. People who are like that usually they are not secure in their own selves. If they weren' makeing snide remarks about you they would be saying something snide about someone else. Don't loose sleep over the likes of them.

ReineD
12-21-2009, 10:01 PM
She is most likely jealous because you look better.

"... but at least i make a prettier girl!"

"... and I am prettier than you"

Jealousy can be ugly.

I agree these GGs were rude. But what in the OPs post led you to believe they were ugly or jealous?

:wall: Sorry but this is my biggest pet peeve in this forum ... the repeated sentiment that CDs are prettier than GGs and that GGs are jealous. Not just in this thread, but in many others too. Where does this idea come from? Ego? Insecurities? A CDs own jealousy? Twisted perceptions? :strugglin

First, attractiveness is not gender dependent. There are cute GGs and cute guys who make cute CDs. There are also not so cute GGs and not so cute guys who make not so cute CDs. It's all in the genes. It is utterly conceited to believe, and thoroughly uncouth to tell anyone else you are better looking than them, no matter what gender. As far as I can tell, the GGs did not comment on the OPs level of attractiveness.

Second, I can write my own book about all the reasons GGs are NOT jealous of CDs. If they are unhappy with their CDing partners it is for other reasons entirely. Maybe I'll start a thread about this. But the average GG is not, repeat, is not jealous of the way the average CD looks. :rolleyes:

Missy
12-21-2009, 11:30 PM
you might of made them uneasy about the way they looked so they made fun about you so they would look good but they only made fools of themselfs
you are ok they are the fools

Aubrey Green
12-21-2009, 11:37 PM
how about......"and I still look better than you!"

Samantha Girl
12-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Well played Julia! :) I'm sure I would've handled it poorly myself! :p

I would've walked right up and said "What's the matter? Don't see a lot of dingies I guess? Want a closer look?" :devil:

ReineD
12-21-2009, 11:43 PM
you might of made them uneasy about the way they looked

Missy, I'd very much like to understand your point of view but the concept escapes me. Why would a GG feel uneasy about the way she looks when she sees a CD? How does an average person looking at someone else who is average make them feel uneasy about themselves?

I would appreciate it if you or anyone else could explain why you believe this to be true. Thanks!

vikki2020
12-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey, it's gonna happen. And, the more you go out, the more likely that you will run into ignorance.You say it's the first time, so all in all, that's not too bad! I've only had a few morons to deal with, and considering the number that I've walked past, that says a lot for the majority! I'm past the point where it bothers me at all, and actually readdy to "face up" to the next loud mouth [within reason, I'm not crazy] . Just maybe ask them what exactly bothers them about my presence:devil:

Tiff Rivera
12-22-2009, 01:08 AM

I agree. I would say maybe they were insecure because you looked better than they did :hugs:

You handled it well!

ReineD
12-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Does anyone else ever feel invisible here at times? :)

how about......"and I still look better than you!"

I would say maybe they were insecure because you looked better than they did :hugs:

Maybe some one will come along with an ability to explain these sentiments that honestly make absolutely no sense to GGs, even though we are accused of having all these feelings. :strugglin

Sara82
12-22-2009, 01:54 AM

Maybe some one will come along with an ability to explain these sentiments that honestly make absolutely no sense to GGs, even though we are accused of having all these feelings. :strugglin

I honestly don't think she was feeling insecure about her self, rather she just enjoyed ridiculing me, as I was a easy target at that moment. I'm a guy intentionally trying to look feminine, and there are evil people out there that will degrade me no matter what.

ReineD
12-22-2009, 03:20 AM
I honestly don't think she was feeling insecure about her self, rather she just enjoyed ridiculing me, as I was a easy target at that moment.

Julia, I agree ... what that GG did was reprehensible. She was beyond rude .. this woman was downright mean and I'm sorry you had to be the brunt of it. :sad: Thank goodness most people don't behave this way. :hugs:

I was just wondering why so many posters to this and other threads believe that women who act negatively do so because they are jealous. Are the men who act negatively jealous too?

Most people I see walking around .. the GGs, non-CD guys and the CDs I see pics of in this forum are attractive, but average looking. Very few people stand out looking like the beautiful super models & actresses we see in magazines. Not even the CDs! ;) So I honestly don't get why so many CDs feel that we GGs are jealous. If CDs looked like, I don't know ... Gisele Bundchen, Eva Longoria, Doutzen Kroes, Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum, etc then I might understand GGs being resentful that CDs look better than them, but for the most part we are all pretty average when it comes to looks.

I am hoping someone will come along with an explanation, otherwise I will simply have to put all those comments down to pettiness. I wouldn't have said anything, but there are so many posters here who share the sentiment, it is mind-boggling! :eek:

Daniela76
12-22-2009, 05:05 AM
I agree with Reine, most GG's aren't jealous of CD's, just intolerant and cruel.
Julia had the 2nd best reaction possible: ignoring
The first would have to be the looking at them & smiling or acting like you don't care.
Me, I would probably have made some comment that would have referred to her brain or personality. Of course she would never have gotten it, but maybe the friend with her would have.
My thought, "but I'm cuter on the inside than you are!"
Still petty, but I've watched way too many sitcoms & have all the one-liners from most of them in my head, especially Friends.

baby beluga
12-22-2009, 07:06 AM
in situations like that you either ignore them or say something witty. good choice on the ignoring. also this is the first time i've ever heard anyone use dingy as a word for describe male genitalia

kellycan27
12-22-2009, 12:14 PM

I agree with you 100%!