PDA

View Full Version : A boring afternoon...

Brina Halloween
12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I happen to be in Detroit for work. Going home tomorrow but, had the afternoon and evening free. I had brought stuff along but was debating whether to dress. Somehow ended up in a nice top and jeans. Big hoop earings and minimum make-up. Headed for the mall on Big Beaver.

It was easy to get there, wandered in at Macy's. Wandered all over. Walked into Saks.....Clearance $40...a little high. clearance $353....nice dress but CLEARANCE! Wandered further in...saw a dress that was similar to a Japanese kimono...$1075 on clearance in the aisle....I am wearing jeans and an aeropostle hoodie over my top...I think I was in the wrong place. Actually saw some shoes on cleearance at Macy's for $40 that I though about. No strange looks anywhere. Talked to a lady in Ritz camera about a lens adapter, not even a blink. Should have asked about fixing my eyes in Sephora but, oh well.

Deceided to go to the mall near my hotel and have dinner at Chili's...4 miles and it took an hour. Stopped when I thought I missed my turn. Guy refered to me as male but, not even a comment. I hate ice on roads but, at least everyone was keeping the speed down.

Shopped the other mall. Nothing much but, it had another Macy's. Found a nice top for the girfriend for $6 and bought $6 worth of Godiva Chocolate. My splurges for the evening. She will probably get most of the chocolate. Got Ma'amed paying. Strangely, I had a lady ask me for the time as I left the store. Leaving the mall heard a "woo hoo", didn't even look. Having the hoodie open, if I was the subject, I could guess....LOL

decied to sit at the bar in chili's. Ordered a beer and an appettizer. Cute bartender was friendly. Took the hoodie off and relaxed. Had dinner as well and headed for the hotel. She was friendly the whole time.

Not a single negative comment. No strange looks. Unless you count when a lady seemed to smile at me. LOL. A very good day.

I did try a few photos after returning to the room. Nice DSLR and lousy results. LOL Self portraits are considered hard for a reason. I tried attaching one, we will see if it worked.

Brina