PDA

View Full Version : Was honest with an air stewardess!

KateW
12-16-2009, 11:04 AM
I was returning to the UK on a business flight today, and while thumbing through their flight shop magazine, saw 6 pairs of 18 carrot gold (plated!) earrings that I really wanted.

When the air stewardess came down the aisle to take everyone's orders, I asked if I could have them. Making conversation, she asked "Are you buying them as a christmas present?" Usually this is the excuse I would have offered up before anybody even asked, but today I decided to be brave and replied "No, actually they are for me". She smiled and replied "good choice, I think they will look great on you!". This put a smile on my face and put me in a good mood for the rest of the trip!

I am pleased with myself and feel like I've taken another little step forward today. Here are the earrings by the way, for anyone interested:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1395/70110146.jpg

Kate xxx

Persephone
12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Those are really cute earrings, Kate! And congratulations on speaking out!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Lorileah
12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Classy, elegant and subtle. Those will work with anything you wear. Good choice. And see, honesty didn't get you thrown off the plane (at 30000 feet over the Atlantic ocean :))

~Eve~
12-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Well done and a great choice! :)

KateNL
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
I like the pearl Kate, nice set!

(feel like I am talking to myself)

Rianna Humble
12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Way to go hun! You are so brave, and it was a great reaction from the air hostess.

carolinoakland
12-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Don't leave those lying around, I'll nick them in a heartbeat! Not really, they are gorgeous. Carol

docrobbysherry
12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
And, "priceless", as well!:heehee:

DiannaRose
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow, way to go, Kate! I bet it was an immensely liberating feeling to be open about it. Very well done, girl!

...and what a nice score, too...those are fantastic earrings! :)

LisaM
12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Beautiful earrings, Kate, and a wonderful story.

SuzanneBender
12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Great tastes in earrings and a big hug for being brave enough to let her know the real you. I have had some of the most wonderful conversation with flight attendants while dressed.

MissKara
12-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Yowzas :eek: Those are stunning :D

And who says that being honest is a lost cause :P

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Jason+
12-16-2009, 05:38 PM
KateW,

Good for you. I've decided if they ask if something is for me or not i get better service if I just tell them it's for me if it is. And if they should make a snarky remark such as "I don't think that's your color" I politely invite them to show me the one that would be a better match. :D

Miranda09
12-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Good for you Kate...and nice earings too. :)

Paula_56
12-16-2009, 07:33 PM
The same thing happened to me this week, I told the SA the slacks were for me and tried them on. I also told the MAC SA that I needed lipstick for New Years Eve and that I was wearing a black dress. Then I went to Nordstrums and told the SA I was looking for a Holiday dress and she ask if theperson I was buying for needed it hemed. I said well it is for me She then asked if I would like to iton.

I know what you mean it is very liberating, I can't get enough tof it!!!!

sherri52
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
congrats on stepping out. It's the little things that keep us moving forward.

Jilmac
12-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Cute, and very tasteful.:thumbsup:

flatlander_48
12-16-2009, 11:13 PM
I am pleased with myself and feel like I've taken another little step forward today.

Kate xxx

The journey of a 1,000 miles always begins with the first step...

linnea
12-16-2009, 11:32 PM
All of our steps like the one you took are meaningful--and the earrings are beautiful! Way to go, girl!

LoriannD
12-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Love it. Keep leading the way girls. I need all the encouragement I can find.

BritneyLynn
12-17-2009, 02:20 AM
What a nice contrast to the recent report of a flight attendent threatening a first class passenger with arrest for refusing to accompany her to the galley where she would be able to berate him for ordering a glass of orange juice outside the earshot of witnesses.

Amanda Styles
12-17-2009, 03:01 AM
They are a very nice looking assortment, Kate, and it was nice to hear the flight attendant was receptive to your honesty.
I just bought a couple pair myself last week, but need to either pierce my ears myself again or go get them pierced as the previous piercings have long since closed up. I hear the guns are not good.
I think I still have a needle left over from my paramedic days that would do the job as well as going to a piercing/tattoo place.
The last time they were pierced a girl did it with a large safety pin and a cork .
That is probably not the preferred method but may have worked if I wore something in them more often.
Will try and do better this time. :)

rachael.davis
12-17-2009, 09:23 AM
They are a very nice looking assortment, Kate, and it was nice to hear the flight attendant was receptive to your honesty.
I just bought a couple pair myself last week, but need to either pierce my ears myself again or go get them pierced as the previous piercings have long since closed up. I hear the guns are not good.
I think I still have a needle left over from my paramedic days that would do the job as well as going to a piercing/tattoo place.
The last time they were pierced a girl did it with a large safety pin and a cork .
That is probably not the preferred method but may have worked if I wore something in them more often.
Will try and do better this time. :)

If you're going DIY on repiercing your ears try to pick up a "glovers" needle - it has a triangular point that produces a hole which doesn't close readily on its own.

Michelle 51
12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Very nice earrings.I'm a lot like you i guess because i'm always looking at earrings and have a large assortment.Most a cheapies but several sets are expensive and make me feel like a real lady when i wear them.I under stand a little better why women love diamonds and hope to have at least 1 real expensive set of diamond earrings some day